Posted 22 February

UK Video Store Update

Hi guys,

New this week @ the Video Store.

Michael Jackson's This Is It

• The Man Who Sued God
  • Ong Bak – The Beginning
  • Dante’s Inferno
  • Jennifer’s Body
  • Strength & Honour

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

39 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

addyjones1234 22 February, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   1

are all the to buys in HD, might pick up bugs life as i have all the other pixar titles on bluray

almighty-slayer 22 February, 2010 @ 5:33 pm   2

Nothing that i particularly want to rent this week, but it’s a wide selection so good effort.

Also, i rented District 9 last weekend…it’s weird! Cool, but weird…

still very little reason to stop using my itunes for this . olga how about a hd to own section as the store is so messed up with knowing whats to own in hd

also tv shows please . do u guys not knw abt shows like lost , family guy , south park , the simpsons and csi being the most successful selling shows in the world lol.

When will the Video store come to Scandinavia??

will the store ever get the final destination film

xchris2008x 22 February, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   7

cant afford anything from the store atm got ff13, white knight chronicles and heavy rain to get/play on.

good update tho, you should get more content for rent instead of just buy only.

VictorAnalogy 22 February, 2010 @ 5:58 pm   8

Still cheaper to go rent from Blockbusters. Not to mention Lovefilm etc.

Appreciate the service and all, and I know you don’t set prices and I know that PSN prices are comparative to iTunes prices but it’s more than I’m willing to pay.

samich2007 22 February, 2010 @ 6:09 pm   9

When can we expect the video service in other country’s in the EU?
I cant wait till it comes to the netherlands! Hope you can make some things clear about the release of the video store in other eu countrys.

Thanks,
Kind Regards,
Sami

Any date for the release of Video Store to Sweden?

Is the Hurt Locker available to rent yet? Since it won a load of baftas I wanna see what all the fuss is about :)

makingdamage 22 February, 2010 @ 7:03 pm   12

More country please. The longer you wait the more costumers you loose, there a competition out there you know. Just saying..

Paranoimia 22 February, 2010 @ 7:13 pm   13

Would like to see a section for HD rentals in the store.

I will never, ever BUY a digital film (unless it becomes the ONLY way to buy them) – but I don’t mind renting them.

I’d also like to have a rental option available for ALL films upon their release. I realise that this is due to some bizarre term in the licensing agreements, but there’s no need for it. I can rent new releases on disc from anywhere, so I see no reason why movie studios insist on delaying digital rentals.

Does Sony realise that with each week that goes buy they are losing money from potential buyers in other countries. Get it sorted. It’s been going on far too long at this point >:-(

timbolton 22 February, 2010 @ 7:23 pm   15

Very pleased with this update! So far there wasn’t so much I was going to get (need to get Pitch Black soon) but I have been hoping that Young Guns would make an appearance and it has! And 9 is a great recent film too. May get Wall-E at some point, been recommended quite often to me.

Dante’s Inferno – any one seen it? It ties in with the game out next week and has Mark Hamill voicing it – one of my favourite stars from my favourite film series.

When can I buy/rent films in English from the spanish store, as I am blocked from buying/renting frome the UK store?

Its sony doing themselves out of money at the end of the day and more for my local video store!!

at 15 errrr dantes game was out weeks ago

Olga is one of the most silent officials on this blog!!

I want some rls dates for the rest of Europe!

imajinetion 22 February, 2010 @ 8:35 pm   19

Jesus christ, I want this service. What the heck is going on?

We want this service too when will it release over here? It must be at latest March somtimes i hope.

Service -> Sweden. Gogo.

I appreciate companys want to make moneys from sales before putting up rentals but as a person who only watched films once, I do wish there were more rentals available weekly, even if its stocking up on old stuff. Also please please make the rentals tab in store “categorised”, I hate having to open the combined sales and rentals categorys and hoping the one I choose is available for rental.

I want this service to come to sweden and the nordic states! Come on! The xbox already has it..is this not emberrasing? Sony owns a freaking movie studio…

Im just wondering where the PS1 Classic ‘Castlevania: Symphony of the Night’ is on the UK/EU PSN.
It was released on the american PSN store a few weeks after the american PS3 launch.

I have searched high and low on the web but cannot find any information regarding a UK/EU launch, i’ve been waiting for this PS1 classic to appear on the UK/EU PSN for over 2 years now, it’s one of my childhood classics.

I don’t see any reason why it hasn’t been released, it is available on the american and japanese PSN stores and it is one of the American PSN highest ever selling games.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave a reply with any info available, it has been 2 years in waiting.

Thanks James.C

blackrat1 23 February, 2010 @ 6:48 am   25

Shame the pricing is still to high. like another poster said Blockbuster and lovefilm are both still cheaper. I downloaded Pelham 123 lastnight to see whats its like.

WHEN FOR AUSTRALIA!!!!!!!!!!

Only one post with one question:

WHEN does this service come to the rest of the PAL region?

On the plus side, they appear to have sorted out the download speeds. It’s now much quicker for me, for which I am grateful.

Madmaz116 23 February, 2010 @ 1:15 pm   29

whys is it that the films I wanna rent are only to buy?..like Hurtlocker..and Whiteout…to name a few..will they ever become rentable?

playmartelli 23 February, 2010 @ 5:24 pm   30

Those of you wanting this service to come to different countries, i wouldn’t get too excited. It’s really pants, most of the films are without 5.1 sound, too expensive ( most of the good films are to buy instead of renting) and also when you’re living in a different speaking country you don’t get the option to have original language track, it’s all dubbed. That’s fine if you like Tom Cruise to sound like he is a native Spanish speaker, but that’s not for me.

Sounds like fun?! I didn’t think so…

SmoggyPhil 23 February, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   31

Ironic, isn’t it? Easily the most complained about aspect of the PSN, and yet we have it posted by a Staffer who doesn’t even respond after posting it.

Limited availability, sound issues, expensive, some to buy not to rent..

We wanted this, we got it, I wouldn’t blame people if they said “Take it back, we changed our minds”

tonyericsson 23 February, 2010 @ 7:17 pm   32

For all of us scandinavians waiting to spend our money on the PSN video store when it arrives sometime in the future. Might as well go for http://www.headweb.com while we wait and wait and wait and wait for Sony…..Works for both PS3 & Linux :)

I guess I spoke to soon, download speeds suck again.

WHEN CZECH REPUBLIC??????????????

KaiserSoza13 2 March, 2010 @ 12:11 am   35

Any sign for Ireland anytime soon

GAFF-DA-G-MANN 2 March, 2010 @ 12:16 am   36

can u get the total wars 4 the playstation 3

GAFF-DA-G-MANN 2 March, 2010 @ 12:22 am   37

ok gone 2 bed now just sitting up untill after 12 2 see if my ps3 started working now it is i can sleep again night………..

MrLopes 2 March, 2010 @ 10:38 am   38

Any news when this service will be available in the Netherlands.:(
Please tell us the wait is over :)

Zarathen 14 March, 2010 @ 6:29 pm   39

When will the video store be available in Ireland?