Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

63 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
majesticbeastt 23 February, 2010 @ 12:33 pm   1

Even though some jerk posted spoilers in a youtube video not even a video about the game. I will enjoy it as much as i can.

So we can expect this commercial in all european countries or just the UK?

Nice!

Great ad! Can’t wait to get the friday..

Think the voice over is a little overpowering to the video though.

Yeeees! I got my Special ed. today! Wooooo

SpaceCakeNL 23 February, 2010 @ 12:45 pm   5

Very nice ;d

lovely?

Just so you guys know!

There is a 226Mb patch out already…

IM surprised. This advert was much better then the Uncharted 2 one. This advert explains the game very good. It takes time to inform people whiteout making allot of “styles mess” around the advert. You can see what is happening and the voice is loud and clear. This is the best advert this far for Europe. I hope this continues and gets aired not only in UK but in Sweden and other country’s as well!

Some key points:
1. Make an TV spot that is not cluttered whit styles mess (see bad uncharted 2 tv spot in uk)
2. Make the voice clear and loud so people can understand what the message of the TV spot is.
3. Make it quiet long so you can get the message through.

All this have you guys/girls done in this TV spot. well done.

marcocatena 23 February, 2010 @ 1:06 pm   9

I’m so hyped for this game, not long now till released!

Awesome ad!

European_Gamer 23 February, 2010 @ 1:48 pm   11

Nice ad, I hope that it’ll also the Danish TV channels very soon.

Is the PS3 waterproof then? :D Cool Ad ;)

LAClennell 23 February, 2010 @ 1:52 pm   13

What channel in the UK can I see this advert? BBC, ITV? Sky Sports?

Awesome trailer! I wonder if this will get aired in Finland. :)

That being said, I hope my copy of the Special Edition arrives soon. I want to start playing already! (and quick before I accidentally stumble on any spoilers.. They can appear pretty much anywhere by now :( )

sully1311 23 February, 2010 @ 2:00 pm   15

@LAClennell – BBC? Are you joking?

Aggie_CEO 23 February, 2010 @ 2:18 pm   16

PS3 Slim is Waterproof CONFIRMED!!!

samich2007 23 February, 2010 @ 2:19 pm   17

Good AD! And Good game hope it will sell well! :)

I was quite shocked to see a two-part ad for Heavy Rain during last Friday’s episode of Lost on Sky One! I don’t know if it’s the same ad as above as I can’t access video from work but I don’t think it even mentioned the PS3 let alone that it was a game! The only sign it was a PS3 game was the PlayStation button icons, even the link at the end was to youtube.com/heavyrain rather than playstation.com!

Cjdamon042 23 February, 2010 @ 2:28 pm   19

Even though I absolutely hate these “Start” adverts, this one is pretty good. It explains the game well and doesn’t have an annoying voice over. I also like the shot at the end with the PS3 and rain haha.

Still, I think I would have preferred a more mature approach to the advert. Maybe more like a movie trailer or something. I don’t think the cardboard cut-outs work that well.

YES AWESOME!, getting my special edition this friday

almighty-slayer 23 February, 2010 @ 2:34 pm   21

Saw an ad on sunday. Not sure if is this one as i am on my phone. Still, was good to see one. Cant wait for this game even if some idioto did spoil who the murderer is for me

CartBlanche 23 February, 2010 @ 2:40 pm   22

I do like the “The Game is just the start” campaign, but I think a bit of cockiness and using a version of the American campaign would also do well in the UK and Europe. I really like the “It only does EVERYTHING” tag line. Because its true ;).

D1rk-Knight 23 February, 2010 @ 2:50 pm   23

Nice. I hope you guys advertise this game more & more. This game deserve to be recognized.

This ads is awesome! Like it!

It’s also advertised in the Ono (spanish sat TV) homescreen. Its just the origami image and the title and release date, but it’s cool to see it there :)

I see they’re spending quite some money on the campaign *thumbs up*

Jack-Bauer-89 23 February, 2010 @ 3:27 pm   26

That music is awesome!

heavy rain, white knight.
heavy rain, white knight.
heavy rain, white knight.
decisions, decisions.

wardragon989 23 February, 2010 @ 3:52 pm   28

Wow that’s good, but I think you need to show an over head look to show that there were differences in the choices you make.

I saw another advert in the UK on Channnel 5′s Gadget’s Show break, it showed that superstore robbery, and it showed all the different options you could have done, choicing one every break. That was a bit better in my option.

But i did like the effects you used, like rain on ps3 =P.

paid in full today for the game so roll on friday when i can collect it . wooohooo

come on Friday!!!!, is it Friday yet?????

:O where? when? what channels???

almighty-slayer 23 February, 2010 @ 4:29 pm   32

Okay this advert is poo. The one i saw on Channel 5 on sunday (with the robbery of the corner shop whilst playing as Shelby) was much better in my opinion

Can’t you just use the same adverts as america their so much better.

bandoors_ksa 23 February, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   34

OMG i love the music but were not getting the version 2 game because its band on Saudi Arabia and UAE but going to order the version one from amazon it’s must buy for me :D

addyjones1234 23 February, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   35

great advert :D all my friends are talking about it and they dont even got ps3s :O

Damn it Heavy Rain looks good. A local retailer has a 250g PS3 with heavy rain and Fifa 10 both included for free. Sounds like an good excuse to buy a PS3 for the bedroom.

GamesPlayer 23 February, 2010 @ 6:00 pm   37

pre-ordered the game. can’t wait !

SmoggyPhil 23 February, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   38

Euch, thats one awful advert. Its like you tried to go for the “Film Trailer” go and ended up with a guy talking over it, sounding completely while random too-quick snippets of the game play with weak music.

If I didn’t have a PS3, I wouldn’t notice this game as special. If you’re going to go all out and organise special events for the game, at least make a Trailer along the same lines. Look at Metal Gear Solid 4s trailer, for Gods sake! It puts this one into the gutter then stomps on its lifeless corpse!

GrimFiction 23 February, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   39

My pre-ordered special edition is on its way from HMV! woo! cant wait to play this game.

@HazelAM

I heard White Knights got some poor reviews so definitely go for Heavy Rain!

Can’t wait for it to arrive by courier this Friday!

I got it 3 day’s now & i’m already finish it 3 times , i’m going for 4th now , every story comes with a different end , i like it & i feel that we are gonna wait so many years to get something nearly great like HR ..
Cheers to the Dev for a huge win ..
for the goty all the way ..

amberswood 23 February, 2010 @ 9:06 pm   42

good advert, my copy got posted yesterday hopefully get it tomorrow cant wait to play it :))

edgefusion 23 February, 2010 @ 9:13 pm   43

Nice ad, disappointed by the lack of PRAY STASHUN! though.

Great ad, sells the game well.

Mooninspiration 24 February, 2010 @ 12:42 am   45

It Only Does racing
It Only Does What ever you like
It Only Does everything

God i love you sony
PS3 FTW !!!

xxPIETROxx 24 February, 2010 @ 1:32 am   46

Very nice advert. I wanna see more for other 1st party games like MAG and God of War when it arrives!

macbelonwu10 24 February, 2010 @ 2:24 am   47

Great ad preordered on Amazon, Sony are finally starting to advertise their AAA games over here in the uk.. applauds.

thats a pretty bad ad imo. i’ve seen one the other day of a very small piece of gameplay from the robbery scene which was much better. i really dont like this “Start…..” ad campaign.

Devilater 24 February, 2010 @ 9:56 am   49

Good to see that Sony are advertisding their games!

saw a different add for this when i went to the movies the other night and almost fainted.
sony actually advertising their games? thats a first!
i go to the movies normally once a week and have NEVER! seen a ps3 game add, heavy rain was the first.
nice to see, now maybe the games will start selling like they should of.
keep it up, remember you have to spend money to make money!

Load all