Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 6:11pm

Castle Crashers for PSN: Progress Report

Hello PlayStation.Blog residents. Emil Ayoubkhan here from The Behemoth. We were graciously granted access to the blog to update everyone on our progress with Castle Crashers for PSN.

I’m here today to talk about our new volleyball minigame that we will be including in our upcoming version of Castle, but before I get into that, let’s talk about the release date. This is pretty straightforward actually as we don’t have one yet. We’re looking to finish sometime this year and as soon as we can narrow it down to a specific month, we will be able to talk about this more.

Castle Crashers - Volleyball Image

Now back to the to volleyball minigame. Here are some of the finer points:

Play co-op or vs your buddies

• Local or online play
  • From 1-4 players per team for up to 8 player matches
  • Variable stats based on character
  • Use magic attacks to place 8 new magic status effects on the volleyball
  • Cool new serving and spiking moves
  • Available AI teammates or opponents
  • Play as any character you have unlocked
  • Play 1, 3 or 5 matches against your opponents
  • Leaderboards to track the best in the land

It’s basically like playing volleyball with your friends but you get to replace good sportsmanship with explosions, magic, and weaponry. As we get closer to the release, we’ll start revealing some more features and additions. What will they be? How will they work? What will they do? Stay tuned for more.

-Emil

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

19 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Can’t wait for this game, heard so many good things about it, nice to know development is going well. Please keep us updated =]

Papa_Justify 25 February, 2010 @ 7:04 pm   2

Can’t wait for f***ing Castle Crasher. Please guys, hurry up! The only game I envy the Xbox for.

I want it soooooo badly

I loved castle crashers when i played it at my friend’s house. Looking forward to the PSN version!

Great to hear some progress on this. I already own it for my 360 but as I don’t have Xbox Live I’ll be buying it again for my PS3 as well. Volleyball sounds like a laugh too. ^^

Castle Crashers and Trials HD are the only 360 games I’m really interested in.

Looking forward to hearing more soon! Hopefully the game will be released by summer.

Castle Crashers on PSN? Holy [DELETED]! Awesome!

Any chance of Battle Block Theater actually coming out on PS3 at the same time as the other versions?

@Emil Ayoubkhan

is this volleyball minigame going to be exclusive for PSN version.

XxKillerxX869 25 February, 2010 @ 9:10 pm   9

BEHEMOTH! YAY!!! Finally! we are waiting tooo long i think!But anyway,cool new stuff is always great =)

If you can (no april fools!) put it on 1st of April…lol! it will be Thursday

wardragon989 25 February, 2010 @ 9:11 pm   10

No release date =(

Volleyball minigame =)

Thank you for taking the time out to talk to us

Emil Ayoubkhan 26 February, 2010 @ 1:08 am

No release date yet! The “yet” is the important part. We’ll have more updates though so hang tight. Thank you for your comments

Now that’s a huuuge relief – I was afraid the game was cancelled :)

PirateThom 25 February, 2010 @ 9:43 pm   12

I know you’ve been taking a lot of flack in terms of the “leftovers” and what not on PSN.

However, I couldn’t be happier. I know co-op is a big part of the game and I hear nothing but good things… which is why I have a problem, I refuse to pay for XBox Live. The game coming to PSN makes it an instant buy for me.

Glad you’re not just rushing it out and actually taking time with it. You have at least one sale here!

Emil Ayoubkhan 26 February, 2010 @ 1:09 am

Not really taking a lot of flack at all actually. People just have a lot of questions and they express that in different ways. We appreciate your support though and thank you for the comment.

Very pleased to hear Castle Crashers for us PS3 owners is progressing well. I have been a fan of the Behemoth since Alien Hominid. Even though I have played through most of Castle Crashers at friends places I will still be picking it up. But the extra content is most welcome.

Ahussain_90 26 February, 2010 @ 12:49 pm   14

Are we europeans going to pay more compared to the americans? Cos if you think I’m going to pay anything more then £10 pounds…HAH!

I’m a massive fan of Castle Crashers so the fact it will be coming out on PSN is fantastic news.

Love the artwork, loved the music, in fact I loved every part of Castle Crahsers. Will you guys be releasing future Behemoth games around the same time as the um “competitor”?

Anyways appreciate the update!

LAClennell 26 February, 2010 @ 1:56 pm   16

Will the Alien Homind playable character be making an appereance in the PSN Version, since you need to buy the Alien Homind HD Game in order to play as him in Castle Crashers on the Xbox 360?

Good to see what looks like a great live gaming making it over to the psn.
Thanks for the update and i hope there are more on the way!
Hopefully this game isn’t too far off now???

abd_alazeez2002 26 February, 2010 @ 10:02 pm   18

Sorry emil for being a bada** in PS US blog

A will have a second thought about the game
Thx

Wildsleven 27 February, 2010 @ 2:16 pm   19

very big fan of castle crashers, already have it for 360 but when it comes out for the psn i will buy it yet again :D