Posted 2:03pm

New ModNation Racers Trailer

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share the latest video for ModNation. This Awesome video shows the latest and wackiest new track weapons for ModNation PS3. Look out for my favourite bit in the video (the camel jump).

A crushing devastator…

Modnation Racers (Devastator)

An exploding barrel launcher…

Modnation Racers (Barrel Launcher)

An automatic road blocking barrier…

Modnation Racers (Barrier)

And a huge camel after a giant ramp to make… a camel jump!

Modnation Racers (Camel Jump)</P

We have also been able to get our hands on some exclusive European screens, clearly those guys at United Front know we love our cows. The fact you can place hundred on the track then place a jump behind them looks pretty awesome.

Modnation RacersModnation Racers

So that’s it for now, look out for even more ModNation news on the blog soon.

LQ

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Have the fixed the twitchy handling since the beta?

Liam Quigley 4 March, 2010 @ 2:21 pm

There has been a series of improvements made to the game and the feedback from the beta testers has really help United Front to make a stronger product. So thanks to everyone who took part.

Guillemots 4 March, 2010 @ 2:08 pm   2

Uber-camel
Uber-funny.
Day 1!

Looks cute

newsky87 4 March, 2010 @ 2:11 pm   4

DISCLAIMER: No camels were harmed during the making of this footage!

Cool trailer! And that jungle theme looks amazing! =)

I can’t wait to play the game. Looks awesome!

Can you betray the releasedate, Liam Quigley? :)

Liam Quigley 4 March, 2010 @ 2:39 pm

I would actually be crused by THE DEVASTATOR if I let that slip.

We will let you know soon :p

SyncroUK 4 March, 2010 @ 2:23 pm   7

Is there an ETA for the game?

4 player off-line split-screen mode? ;)

Any news on the PSP version at all, and would we have a reason to own both versions?

maddymad 4 March, 2010 @ 3:02 pm   10

The trailer looks very sweet! Love it!

Carnivius_Prime 4 March, 2010 @ 3:09 pm   11

I’ve been missing playing the beta since it expired. Promising game.

englishgolfer 4 March, 2010 @ 3:16 pm   12

drool drool drool. day 1 purchase for me! can’t wait!!!!

I would have purchased this title day one only if the actual kart gameplay mechanics were similar to Crash Team racing or the recently released Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. After taking part in the extremely disappointing beta phase, i’m afraid to say that i’ll pass

It looks very fun. I hope you have been able to fix all the lags bugs and things like that.

mrfight67 4 March, 2010 @ 4:50 pm   15

When will we get more details on the PSP version? Looks like the gaming is shaping up well, and im interested in getting both versions :)

love this game. Can’t wait to find out the release date!

BalramRules 4 March, 2010 @ 5:41 pm   17

This game looks like sooo much fun! XD
FABULOUS WORK United Front Games!
It was a FANTASTIC idea to make this game a Sony PlayStation 3 Exclusive! XD
SONY FTW!
ModNation Racers is truly the racing successor of LittleBigPlanet =)

CaptnSpaulding 4 March, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   18

Only thing that will stop me buying the game is if it suffers the same absurd loading times/screens and choppy framerate as the beta.

Love the game otherwise :)

shortfuse14 4 March, 2010 @ 8:18 pm   19

guys none of these videos work on the PS3 internet browser when will u bring out the new flash update??? but like everything else really cool

NixIce_UK 4 March, 2010 @ 8:32 pm   20

This trailer really shows off the cool stuff that’s in this game — previous clips have been cool but mostly just shown roads and jumps and power-ups. Looks like you can really make some insane tracks!

Bonyman 4 March, 2010 @ 8:41 pm   21

I thoroughly enjoyed the beta. I wasn’t a big fan of the weapon based races – but that’s ok as i can create my own ‘pure’ races …. speaking of which, can the camels and cows be used as ‘skittles’ like the barrels? ;)

VincentVendetta 4 March, 2010 @ 9:23 pm   22

Heh, I don’t know. I was in the North American Beta last december, and while I had fun playing it the first times, it kinda wore thin after a while. They were a lot of issues with it, mostly with the online system (good luck for getting plays on your track without any easy way to access a bunch of them at the same time) and the fact that… you couldn’t really do any “technical” track with it. The track creation system is easy to use, but after my first experiment – The Alpine Experiment – I wanted to do a track similar to the real-life ones. You know, turns where you actually need to break, and hard chicanes. I wanna do my own little Circuit Gilles Villeneuve for cryin’ out loud! I wanna see players smashing into the wall at the very last turn!

Oh well, I still managed to do a rally oriented circuit, so that’s the most technical I can do.

Chrisius 4 March, 2010 @ 10:52 pm   23

That new trailer does intrigue me more so than before…

Deviil-Boy 4 March, 2010 @ 11:19 pm   24

The trailer is AWESOME !

kool-chris93 5 March, 2010 @ 7:16 am   25

I LOVE the new trailer. Cant wait to pick up this game, the betas were awesome :)

Outofathens 5 March, 2010 @ 10:53 am   26

Liam,

Can you help me? I can’t watch the trailers anymore on my ps3 and can’t write any comments to the blog on my ps3. How is this possible?

I can only watch the trailers and write comments if i login with my account on my laptop.

Greetings.

MaNiAc-Uk 5 March, 2010 @ 12:02 pm   27

Loved the beta yes did have some lag issues on loading but what a game looking forward to it getting a releace date will be first in the que to down load it.

Korbei83 5 March, 2010 @ 4:09 pm   28

I’m looking forward to Sony’s imminent acquisition of UFG. Sony is in dire need of more Canadian influence.

slashdotswan 6 March, 2010 @ 3:46 pm   29

What is the song in this trailer? I’m pretty sure Apple used it in an advert not long ago and I can’t think what it’s called.

maxmouse24 6 March, 2010 @ 6:21 pm   30

Are there any more modes beside story mode like tournament or time attacks modes in Modnation Racers?

awesome