Posted 5:47pm

ModNation Racers Box Art

Hi Guys,

You may have read that ModNation Racers U.S. release date has been confirmed today as the 25th May 2010. Whilst I can’t confirm the exact date for PAL, I wanted to let you know say that we are aiming to release ModNation Racers across PAL regions during the same week. I will confirm this as soon as I can so watch this space…

For those of you who haven’t yet seen the European packshots take a look below.

ModNation_PS3

Some of you might spot a couple of Mod that look familiar… That’s because they were made by you in the European beta. Did your Mod make it?

ModNation_PSP_

That’s it for now, stay tuned, more ModNation news to follow as we’re getting closer and closer to launch! Oh Exciting!

Be Good
LQ

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

41 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

Ahmedz_LOLZaMan 15 March, 2010 @ 6:41 pm   1

Interesting…

MatthewSFC 15 March, 2010 @ 6:41 pm   2

Nice!

Ruben-17 15 March, 2010 @ 6:41 pm   3

Do the psp and the ps3 version come at one release?

Liam Quigley 16 March, 2010 @ 12:27 pm

Hi Ruben,

They will be released the same day but they are 2 separate games.

Handige_Harry 15 March, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   4

looks good. cant wait for it

MakulaTolkien 15 March, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   5

wait, May 18th in the US? sweet!

newsky87 15 March, 2010 @ 6:50 pm   6

The racing game dry spell well and truly comes to an end in May now doesn’t it?! Blur, Split Second and now this, oh well the other two will have to wait, this will be the best of the bunch! Just don’t announce GT5 for May as well or my head might explode!

Nice box art BTW.

almighty-slayer 15 March, 2010 @ 6:56 pm   7

Damn well better be out the same week!

Nice box art :)

I realy hope that you can make a level or character on your psp and then tranfer it to ps3.That would be AWESOME

vonhammer 15 March, 2010 @ 7:18 pm   9

That’s a nice idea with box cover.

A may date is also welcome,I can’t think of much else coming around then so it’s likely i’ll get it.Also my younger brother has his birthday around then,so split screen online should be fun against them.

Liam Quigley 16 March, 2010 @ 12:31 pm

Glad your all liking the box art. The guys on the beta worked hard creating some awesome creations it’s only fair we show it off.

Kookyoo 15 March, 2010 @ 7:25 pm   10

I don’t really like it, but it use same symbols as LBP Boxart (http://www.threespeech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/LittleBigPlanet_PEGI_WM0001.jpg). The same sort of sticker-like logo and thumbs up … but if the game is well polished (I liked the beta, really), I will be a fan of this game.

WhatIsTheMatrix 15 March, 2010 @ 7:26 pm   11

If the other US release dates for the 18th May like this follow suit for the UK then it will end up out on the 21st May.

That means ModNation Racers, Split Second : Velocity and Red Dead Redemption all out on the same day.

What a weekend that will be. :)

18th of may is much sooner than i thought! awesome :-D

Bonyman 15 March, 2010 @ 7:57 pm   13

Nice box art and it’s great to see eu creations on the cover. Will it be possible to load save files from the beta or are all those creations lost until created again?

Liamario 15 March, 2010 @ 8:16 pm   14

What is the frame rate you are targeting for this game?

imajinetion 15 March, 2010 @ 8:26 pm   15

I don’t even remember what my modnation avatar looked like in the beta.

maddymad 15 March, 2010 @ 8:31 pm   16

That soon? Sweet! That’s gonna be awesome!
PS: I like the box!

aNtArEs150 15 March, 2010 @ 8:34 pm   17

Great!

the PSP version will be mine :D !

HazelAM 15 March, 2010 @ 8:52 pm   18

didn’t realise there was a psp version as well.
great idea using the user created drivers for the cover, how stoked would you be if you had your creation on the cover of the game :)

loxapac 15 March, 2010 @ 8:56 pm   19

It’s the same day for MGs Peace walker no ?

Two good games the same week for my PSP..Hourra !

Xu_Davella 15 March, 2010 @ 9:14 pm   20

oooo can’t wait!

divine1000 15 March, 2010 @ 9:21 pm   21

Nice touch using the community created stuff. Hope we’re going to see the Kratos, Drake & Ratchet DLC over here :)

Liam Quigley 16 March, 2010 @ 12:35 pm

Come back next week and all will be revealed about the European Preorder items. Let just say that Kratos, Drake, Ratchet and Clank will be waving hello to their European fans… oh I said too much!

Ragnarok-NZ 15 March, 2010 @ 9:25 pm   22

Playstation Store release for the PSP Version of Mod Nation Racers?
Tell me it’s coming soon…Please?

Liam Quigley 16 March, 2010 @ 12:37 pm

We will be Launching the PSP PlayStation Store version of ModNation so any PSP go owners will be able to play. It will be around the same launch time aswell.

Apnomis 15 March, 2010 @ 9:32 pm   23

That packshot is certainly very ‘busy’ but I like it, and I think it’s a really nice touch that it contains actual player creations from the beta. Didn’t spot mine in the crowd though :(

Ahmedz_LOLZaMan 15 March, 2010 @ 10:07 pm   24

Is it me or did the release date just got bumped by a week?

thomdibble 15 March, 2010 @ 10:49 pm   25

i was excited about this game until i tried the beta. the creation side was fun, but the actual core of the game, the racing part, was bland and dull. there were no physics (i know it’s a kart game, i love simulators {i’m somewhat of a racing whore}), there was no challenge. if a demo is released that proves the racing mechanics have been updated so that some sort of feedback is produced when playing this game then i’ll be back on board but based on the beta, i’m done with modnations. a shame as it looked like it had serious potential

Liam Quigley 16 March, 2010 @ 12:42 pm

More info on the amount of racing is coming as we get ready for launch. I hope it will convince you to get in your driving seat and give ModNation another go. The Beta barely scratched the shiny paintwork of the racing experience you can expect!

Has it got 4 player off-line split-screen mode? ;)

@26 Yes it does.

Between this and Sonic All Stars Racing, this a good year for cart racers! And local multiplayer on the PS3…

The4thViewer 16 March, 2010 @ 12:26 am   28

Any word on the UK/Euro pre-order bonus’ (cars etc) as they’ve sure gone to town with the US freebies?

box is a little too busy, i think the US one without all the creations on it is better.

ashalan30 16 March, 2010 @ 6:18 am   30

I don’t know where everyone’s getting the 18th of may from for the US release, the US blog clearly says 25th may. This game looks awesome, the beta was abit of a let down to me, not enough content to get my teeth into, but I’m hopeful that this will do well :).

racedriving 16 March, 2010 @ 2:54 pm   31

@Liam Quigley
Split screen features are already confirmed in the US blog:

“12 players online, 2 and 4 player split screen, even 2 player online split screen.”

Great! You know what the king of multiplayer is? LAN mode + split screen like in Warhawk and PGR4 :)

@30
The blog entry showed the 18th first.

Lee_and_Nomi 16 March, 2010 @ 4:50 pm   32

Hopefully the 4 pre order bonus will be available to everyone who pre orders and aren’t separated for different retailers. It put me off pre ordering A Crack in Time and it’ll do the same for this game (which I really like the look of by the way)

I suppose this isn’t the time of the place but it would be nice to hear from someone what Sony gains from doing these type of pre orders.

ryftling 16 March, 2010 @ 5:42 pm   33

if you have both PS3 and PSP versions can you build tracks on both and transfer them over and back? Probably my biggest disappointment with LittleBigPlanet for PSP was that I couldn’t prototype levels on PSP on my commute and polish them for release on PS3, and have them universally available to both devices.

vonhammer 16 March, 2010 @ 7:22 pm   34

“Come back next week and all will be revealed about the European Preorder items.”

Look can Sony stop doing this,it’s getting on my nerves now.

It’s getting to the stage were you buy the game and to play as the character you need to pre order it from somew….Hey that would be cool,imagine if you bought a game were the story and character were different depending on the store you bought it from.
For instance KZ3,if you got it from Game you start the Helghast campaign,get it from HMV and you start as the ISA,obviously once you complete it you unlock the other campaign but it would be a cool marketing thing,different ads pimping each faction backstory and stuff.You could create a virtual Propaganda war in really.

Anyway,um,yeah those characters should be on the disk :)

BalramRules 16 March, 2010 @ 8:15 pm   35

FAB!!!

XxKillerxX869 16 March, 2010 @ 8:35 pm   36

this..reminds me alot of LBP..hmm..i wonder why :P

nice BOXART =) i still kinda wish the controls were more simpler

Brotendo 17 March, 2010 @ 8:17 pm   37

Do Ratchet and Clank already have their own cars?(In one of the pics on the US PS Blog it looked they didn’t) because I suggest Aphelion for Ratchet and an Zoni themed kart for Clank!

-Brotendo

Brotendo 17 March, 2010 @ 8:22 pm   38

Plus, will all 4 of the BONUS Mystery Mod and Kart packages be available eventually in the PS Store. Or able to be unlocked through progress in-game. Or can you choose which BONUS Mystery Mod and Kart package you get or is it completely random?

-Brotendo

laminaatplaat 18 March, 2010 @ 8:58 am   39

Any chance of a demo for those who missed the beta?

Wiiman1225 18 March, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   40

Yes!!!!! I’m geting it on PSP but I have Two Questions about it.
1. Will it be showing with the PSP verison at the Gadget Show Live?
2. Is a demo coming on the Playstation store on PS3 and PSP?

Thanks.
Wiiman1225

indika551 27 March, 2010 @ 9:43 am   41

hi im a big fan of LBP and Uncharted but i am in AUS i would love this game but not if i cant get drake can some one please tell me if the Preorder items will come here?