Posted 6:00pm

Warhawk Tournament 2010!

On the heels of our recent price-drop for Warhawk, and for all of our fans both rookies and veterans, we have decided to hold a new Warhawk Competition!

Warhawk

Many of us here in the States have been spending way too much time staring at our brackets so we’re opting not to do a traditional “bracketed” tournament based on teams or clans. Instead, we’re going to make this competition more accommodating of the individual player by hosting special Capture the Flag Servers that players can join and play on. These servers will have their stats tracked separately for the duration of the competition, specifically Points earned, and these stats will be displayed on a new Tab labeled “TOURNY” that we are adding to the Warhawk website and this new tab will process and update all the player data periodically — so if you get a kill or flag capture and then *immediately* go check the “TOURNY” Tab, just be aware that the server churns all the data every 6 hours and your fine, fine combat skills may take a bit of time to be displayed :-)

So here are the ground rules:

• Competition starts on April 2nd at 12:00 (UK time)  and will run through May 3rd at 12:00 (UK time).

• Players must play on Official SONY Servers named “Tournament-CTF-1,2,3, etc”.

• Competition is open to North American *AND* European players.

• The top 50 players that have earned the most Points on these designated servers will win the competition.

Winners will receive the very rare Champions Blade! It’s an in-game weapon like a trophy that you can bash people with. You’ll also get a special edition Warhawk shirt for your avatar in HOME – only available to the winners of this competition!

Warhawk Champion's Blade

So…

Start sharpening your skills and get ready for the competition — and who knows, you may even run into a dev or two ;-)

Rock on,

-dylan

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

36 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

DeathroW22 26 March, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   1

Absolutely brilliant to see this game is still going strong. One of the staples of PlayStation network.

whoa. I haven’t played Warhawk in quite some time. That price drop was only for the US though Mr Jobe :-) Any chance of a price drop over here as well? I managed to lose my physical copy :-(

addyjones1234 26 March, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   3

We did have a pric drop-to £7.99

Agreed, I still play it occasionally, can’t wait for any sort of Starhawk news

khalid-999 26 March, 2010 @ 6:10 pm   5

Nice .. Too bad that I sold my copy.

we did? (goes to the store and checks) we did! sweet :-D

Enzuigiri 26 March, 2010 @ 6:20 pm   7

Played it since release date and still a regular now. Shame the tournament is based on max points though. Kinda sucks for people who have a life!

Could there be additional awards for best kdr, kills per minute, points per game or similar to allow the people with less free time to achieve glory also?

almighty-slayer 26 March, 2010 @ 6:23 pm   8

Absolutely awesome :) Been playing it since it came out and it’s still just as fantastic.

I doubt i will win, but i will definitely take part!

Suzzopher 26 March, 2010 @ 6:28 pm   9

Awesome news :D

Shillingford 26 March, 2010 @ 6:28 pm   10

so…. flippin… EXCITED! Quickly, to the hawkage forum! http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Warhawk/bd-p/608

Nice one Dylan!

Can’t wait:)

Ursinho 26 March, 2010 @ 7:28 pm   12

any news about warhawk space on euro home? I bought the game three times, once as DL, once as a disc and once as a gift for a friend, yet i feel cheated out of some of its content cause its available on stateside and not here. euro home sucks!!! and i dont mean the apartment, which im not buying before u guys give us the public space we paid for!!!

Ikkarus 26 March, 2010 @ 7:30 pm   13

Awesome prize, awesome game – This is awesome!

Did I mention that this is awesome ;)

Starhawk? :) E3 announce?

samich2007 26 March, 2010 @ 8:04 pm   15

Nice :) Warhawk is still one of the best PSN games on the PS3!!!

LordVonPastor 26 March, 2010 @ 8:32 pm   16

WarHawk is (still) a great game! :-)

Dante_Zero 26 March, 2010 @ 8:49 pm   17

if the tournamnet goes well can we have some more warhawlk events like treble xp weekends and stuff and will we get more dlc as it seems to have gone quite on the warhawk front which is a shame. cause it seemed like well over a year and a half since we last got some dlc

s_wrenn 26 March, 2010 @ 8:52 pm   18

I better bone up on my WarHawk

Ursinho 26 March, 2010 @ 9:12 pm   19

How about making servers to take acount only 16 (8 if u have pity for working man) of most efficient hours of each 24 hour cycle. Otherwise its futile for individuals to participate at all cause top 50 will be filled by 2 man teams (like brothers who share PSN account etc) cause month without sleep at all is rather hazardous for your health.

I’ve really been needing an excuse to get back into trophy ho’ing Warhawk – if it weren’t for my ultra-important exams in May, this would be the perfect opportunity!

Ahussain_90 26 March, 2010 @ 11:46 pm   21

Starhawk please :D

jase619 27 March, 2010 @ 1:05 am   22

Starhawk, come on!
People are that brilliant at Warhawk now that it’s impossible to get back/into the game, we need a new one so we’re all at an equal playing field!

shika1983 27 March, 2010 @ 1:39 am   23

shame it has taken nearly 3 years for a competition to be available for European players where the blades were available.

I’ll patiently wait for an official announcement on Starhawk.

Warning12 27 March, 2010 @ 1:44 am   24

How will it be calculated? I have school, homework, sports and stuff and I usually can only fit in around 1 hour of play-time after school. Won’t the people who have a lot of time on their hands be at an advantage? If you can’t do anything about that, don’t worry, I’d just like to know.

danielmccue 27 March, 2010 @ 2:32 am   25

judginbg by this it looks like we will be seeing news about star hawk in the coming weeks

Jakki94 27 March, 2010 @ 9:26 am   26

Awesome! Havent seen the pricedrop, but will definitly get it now!

Also, thumbs up for Starhawk announcement on E3!

BalramRules 27 March, 2010 @ 10:21 am   27

AWESOME!!!
CAN’T WAIT FOR STARHAWK NOW!!! XD
Hopefully, it’ll be 256 Players, Infantries, Cavalaries (Tanks,Submarines,Aircraft, Rockets and Shuttles etc!)
Plus hopefully we’ll be on various planets with 1080p, 3D Compatibility, PS Move Compatibility, and sooo much more! XD

kool-chris93 27 March, 2010 @ 10:45 am   28

This game is so old yet its still so good :D
I’ll definitely take part, not that I’ll win :P

Kurby2008 27 March, 2010 @ 11:27 am   29

Can’t it be Top 100 – 200?

No matter how good you are, no one will be able to compete with the players who play 12 hours a day :(

Nice to see things happening with Warhawk tho

Spurvugle 27 March, 2010 @ 11:48 am   30

Open for Norwegians too? I love Warhawk !

Thats awesome news!!! Warhawk is such a good game!! Even more of an excuse to get back on it again :-)

HazelAM 27 March, 2010 @ 1:45 pm   32

what happened to incognito?
when did they become lightbox?

Nice one Dylan! Great to see you guys are still active as well. How’s it going in LightBox Interactive. Like many people I think that you’re raising your profile in order to announce something big – please let it be StarHawk!!!

Florence Kum 3 April, 2010 @ 1:51 am   34

Dear Warhawk Players,

Due to the high volume of players participating in the Warhawk Tourney the stats servers at http://us.playstation.com/warhawk are taking longer than expected to update. Be confident that stats will not be lost and we should have the delay sorted soon.

Thanks for your patience.

–The Warhawk Team

XxKLASHxX 3 April, 2010 @ 3:37 pm   35

Itz Nice

Buckwheat 3 April, 2010 @ 10:22 pm   36

Are there any more updates on the stats severs? I stats haven’t updated for my user name all day and I would like to see where I stack up. :)