Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:30pm

PSP Favourites Promotion – Coming To PlayStation Store This Week

I’m really pleased to announce that we’ve got a new promotion coming to PlayStation Store this week (starting Thursday 1st of April), and it’s all focused on a range of our PSP content.

For two weeks only, you’ll be able to grab a great deal on some great PSP titles. We’re calling them favourites because, well, they’re some of our favourites (though like all our children we love them all equally, just some more so than others) and the promotion features a range of well loved games that we’re sure you’ll want to snap up at these brilliant prices.

I’m really pleased with the titles we have been able to get reduced for you and feel that there is definitely something for everyone here, but don’t just take my word for it, see for yourself by reading the full listing below.

Available on PlayStation Store via PS3, PSP and Media Go

PSP Favourites

(Available from the 1st April until the 15th of April)

• LittleBigPlanet (was – £19.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)
  • Gran Turismo (was – £19.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)
  • Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier (was – £19.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)
  • MotorStorm: Arctic Edge (was – £19.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)
  • Ghostbusters (was – £14.99/€24.99 now – £9.99/€12.99)
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus (was – £14.99/€19.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • FIFA 10 (was – £29.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (was – £29.99/€34.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (was – £13.99/€17.99 now – £8.69/€10.99)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (was – £13.99/€17.99 now – £8.69/€10.99)
  • Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Tekken 6 (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • F1 2009 (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron (was £31.99/€39.99 now £15.99€19.99)
  • Need for Speed: Shift (was – £29.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey (was – £29.99/€34.99 now – £13.99/€17.99)
  • Colin McRae DiRT 2 (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Beaterator (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £7.19/€8.99)
  • Football Manager Handheld 2010 (was – £29.99/€34.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)

As you can see, there are some truly stellar titles available, at some cracking low prices; so if you’ve yet to join Sackboy, Kratos, Jak et al in their portable glory, now is the perfect time.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

131 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
GhostViper 29 March, 2010 @ 3:34 pm   1

Ooo, great stuff. Just in time for the easter vacation. :)

Suzzopher 29 March, 2010 @ 3:34 pm   2

Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)

Finally I can buy this \o/

Any news on whether we can expect Ridge Racer and Final Fantasy Tactics Mike?

some awesome deals there :-)

jaychendy 29 March, 2010 @ 3:36 pm   4

Considering how much GT5 keeps on getting pushed further and further away, I’m tempted to drop money on GT on PSP and forego getting 5 altogether. The price drop’s just the ticket too and all!

Great i think i will buy something from that list.

mrfight67 29 March, 2010 @ 3:38 pm   6

WOW! Wanna grab so many of them, but ill probably won’t be able to. Thanks! Wanna get Soul Calibur, Fifa 10, MotorStorm, Tekken 6, GOW COO, and Star Wars Battlefront ES. BTW, just a random question, but if a PSP 2 did come out, will they support these games? Don’t wanna load up my Go with a lot of games, just to loose them all to a superior handheld a few months/a year later

addyjones1234 29 March, 2010 @ 3:38 pm   7

Great prices, just when I have no money -_-

can i install linux on it?

Guillemots 29 March, 2010 @ 3:39 pm   9

This is absolutely AMAZING!

Little Big Planet + Gran Turismo = SOLD :D

Akinokaze-FA 29 March, 2010 @ 3:40 pm   10

Sounds good ^_^

I was wondering, are there any plans to add a new category to the playstation store? I think it would help if demo’s were collected under a single tab instead of having to look for them [might increase their use and subsequent purchase.]

Carnivius_Prime 29 March, 2010 @ 3:40 pm   11

Some good deals there but I already own the games from that list I’d want (god of war, motorstorm, lbp, jak, vice/liberty stories). Well worth checking out for other people who haven’t though. Some great portable games.

Wow. Some really awesome deals there!
I was literally going to buy LBP for my PSP yesterday, glad I didn’t now ;)

I’ll also have to buy GTA: Chinatown Wars too :D

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 3:47 pm

Yeah at those prices they are an absolute steal (Though I would say that I suppose) ;)

whoops. wrong forum. sorry.

theres me thinking sony actually made decent prices for psp games, but nope its just temporary
btw mike is there anyway i can delete stuff from my download list that is free, i have over 300 things on my download list and wanna get rid of some stuff

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 3:44 pm

I’m afraid there is no way to remove content from your download list.

AcidCrashX 29 March, 2010 @ 3:47 pm   15

mike, make sure you and the team who put this together get yourselves some beers, you definitely deserve it.

You’ve managed to get some quality titles in this and i shall be grabbing 4 or 5 games off this list. is this going to become a regular thing or is it a one off?

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 3:49 pm

Not one to take all the credit, but yeah I think I did a good job there ;)

I can’t say for certain exactly what other plans we have for the future, but I’d like to think this won’t be the only occasion we do something like this.

iapetus 29 March, 2010 @ 3:48 pm   16

Great. All the games I want from the list are ones I just bought at full price. :D

iorkara 29 March, 2010 @ 3:48 pm   17

Still no Ridge Racer for my PSP Go :(

Raider197 29 March, 2010 @ 3:49 pm   18

Oh god, I feel terrible now after spending so much on LittleBigPlanet PSP a few months back. Damn.

Would re-buy Chains of Olympus for my Go but I’ve just gotten back into F.E.A.R 2 and want the Reborn campaign so I won’t have enough…

Perhaps us Go owners could get another promotion where there’s a free game on offer?? God of War included perhaps? :) I’d be very happy with you Mike! Not that I’m not always :D

pitty theres nothing like this for ps3 games over easter instead of the very poor special offers

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 4:03 pm

Can’t please everyone eh seany? There has been much demand for some great pricing for PSP content, and here we deliver, and it’s still not good enough…sheesh, some people ;)

We’ve done great offers on PS3 content in the past too you know :)

moriarty1975 29 March, 2010 @ 3:52 pm   20

Buy a 10 year p.c, it’ll run linux better then the ps3 did.

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 4:04 pm

Yes I agree, these are great PSP titles in this promotion, thanks for noticing :P

mike see when u buy psp games off psn can you leave them on ps3 and just play them in remote play without needing to put them on a memory stick

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 4:05 pm

You can keep them on your PS3, but you do need to transfer them over to your PSP (via USB cable) in order to play them.

Are we going to get a PS3 Favourites promotion at some point too? :-)

percywildheart 29 March, 2010 @ 3:57 pm   23

Oohh, looks like Gran Turismo for me!

It´s about time, a lot of the older (awesome) games are much cheaper in retail stores, but for the unfotunate ones who have a PSPGO it´s nice.

Soul Calibur is at the right price now. Any word on FFTactics: WOTL?

Also seeing as Square said the were looking into putting FF9 on psn I think I will start asking for it now :P

TehPhilosopher 29 March, 2010 @ 3:59 pm   26

Argh, so many desirable games, so little time – still playing Blood Bowl and Super Stardust and Beaterator and Motorstorm Arctic Edge and Mercury Meltdown, and haven’t even launched Prince of Persia, yet :P But I think it’ll be GoW and GTA at least for a rainy day :)

Very good deals, thank you!

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 4:01 pm   27

This post has been planned since last week, but everyone’s a cynic ;)

Roxas598 29 March, 2010 @ 4:01 pm   28

i’ll have one GoW please hold the zeus

imajinetion 29 March, 2010 @ 4:02 pm   29

Anything else confirmed for this thursday, Mike? (We have the same name!)

Mike Kebby 29 March, 2010 @ 4:06 pm

You ain’t getting no other information for this week’s update from me ;) I like to keep you all in suspense.

Hodgi92 29 March, 2010 @ 4:02 pm   30

Good times for Go owners. I prefer my UMDs though ;)

mike can u answer my question please @ 21 im on verge of buyn a psp here lol

Interesting – the blog authors are not the moderators of the blog. Or why would me comment be deleted if it had a response.

Sony got you all on a tight leash by the looks of it…

Tonks01 29 March, 2010 @ 4:09 pm   33

Zoom Zoom Zoom! Very nice Michelangelo! I spy 6 games I’m going to pick up – saving me over £100! leave for a years travel on the 7th – this is very nice timing!

At last! This is the what my PSPgo has been waiting for. I am now spoilt for choice! I will be getting at least 3 or 4 of those titles, thank you that is a very nice birthday present (Sunday) from you guys!

ninja_tom 29 March, 2010 @ 4:11 pm   35

Nice work Mike, I won’t even mention that “other” blog post earlier today from one of your colleagues, looks like some great distraction to any otherwise disastrous 1st April for Sony!

@seany1 – no you can’t do that

The_Snowstone 29 March, 2010 @ 4:13 pm   36

I only have 10€ on my PSN account and my 2GB memory stick is full with FFVIII. But is so tempting…

thanks tom and mike for answers , so what do i do buy a go or a 3000 lol

Now give us similar list for PS3 and everybody will be happy :).

killah_fury 29 March, 2010 @ 4:26 pm   39

Good to see an offer like this. It’s possible to pick up UMD’s cheap on Amazon, so nice to see a price promotion like this. I haven’t got a PSP-Go yet, but considering getting one if there is a hardware price drop or they add GPS, camera and/or change memory to 32GB.

nickjd331 29 March, 2010 @ 4:30 pm   40

Some great prices there. I think i’ll replace my Vice City stories UMD with the digital version!

Finally I can get couple of games for my new PSPgo.

GTA: Chinatown Wars & Gran Turismo, here I come!

Thanks alot.

was very tempted to buy a go there until i shopped around looking at umd prices as low as 3 quid on ebay lol sorry ill pass on the digital psp buys

almighty-slayer 29 March, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   43

God damn it Mike, you have to do this at a time when i have no money, don’t you

Diaresi 29 March, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   44

I have a PSP-3000 and I’ll be getting Gran Turismo at that price. I was considering getting it from the Playstation Store what with the UMD having a Memory Stick install option (so I would have the exact same end result but need the UMD in the PSP) but that price has made up my mind!

I bought the PSP-3000 over the PSP Go so I had choice between UMD and download. For the first time that choice will lead me to buy a full PSP game from the Playstation Store.

I won’t go into specific details but apart from the first four games on that list of “great deals” what has happened is the Playstation Store has been brought in line (some below, some pretty much equal, some still actually above in price) with popular online retailer prices. Mike, for most of those games this should be the approximate standard price, not the “great deal” price. The first four games though are a definite deal! :)

TrulyALie 29 March, 2010 @ 4:41 pm   45

Any way you can add the memory requirements to more games on the store? I don’t have a PSPgo (Yet. I’m determined to get one at some point) so I need to know if God of War will even fit on my tiny memory stick.

alex500 29 March, 2010 @ 4:49 pm   46

I have to say there are some fantastic deals to be had here. Football Manager 2010, FIFA 10, God of War, GTA CW, and Motorstorm may all be getting purchased by me.

Just a quick question how long will these offers last for? I don’t want to buy anything before I know how much money (if any) I’ll be getting for Easter. Cheers Mike and congrats on getting these offers out there.

Why can’t you just equal the price of Chinatown Wars for the iphone/ipod touch? It is 8 euros on the apple store right now, almost half the price of the ps store. Please?

hamildan 29 March, 2010 @ 4:52 pm   48

I upgraded to a PSP recently and have been looking to buy a few games for it but £14.99 seemed a lot for games that were mainly in 2 for £20 deals in shops. this will mean I certainly drop a few bucks in the PSN store this thursday.

Cheers.

oh and can you pop in Daxter and maybe a Wipeout as its a shame they are still £15

twoboys69 29 March, 2010 @ 4:53 pm   49

Mike, any chance you can get someone to post in the OTHEROS thread that is raging on at the moment?

belmont_gr 29 March, 2010 @ 4:56 pm   50

This is not an April fools joke isn’t it?

Great games at great prices. PSP gets better and better. If we see more rpg’s in the store the PSP go will become my favourite console!

Load all