Posted 9 April

Uncharted 2 Siege Expansion DLC

Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great Easter break and managed to pack in some quality gaming time.

Naughty Dog
has updated me with some great news for the multiple award winning Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I’m pleased to announce the guys have pulled out all the stops to deliver more downloadable content for all you fans out there!

The ‘Siege Expansion’ pack will be hitting PSN later this month (RRP €5.99 / £4.79) So what can you look forward to this time?

The pack includes 6 character skins, a new co-op game mode for 2-3 players, 2 new maps and 11 additional Trophies (10 Bronze and 1 Silver).

Trophies:
Bronze

• You Can’t Break Me – Complete All 3 Co-op Objective Maps on Crushing
  • Under Siege – Finish Wave 10 in 1 Siege Game
  • Speedy – Get 10 First! Medals
  • I’ll Cover You – Get 50 Defender Medals
  • Fallen Angel – Get 50 Afterlife Medals
  • Not So Fast – Get 20 Shut’em Down Medals
  • Jack Of All Trades – Get 15 Triple Threat Medals
  • You Run, I’ll Shoot – Get 10 Protectorate Medals
  • Back At Ya – Get 50 Retaliation Medals
  • Kneel Before Z.. – Get 5 Put’em Down Medals

Silver

• Rock a Rhyme – Get 100 Tricky Medals

The 6 character skins are: Wetsuit Drake, Baseball Shirt Drake, Prakoso, Platzor, Glowzor and Dead Explorer.

Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - Wetsuit - Drake Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - Prakoso Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - Platzor

Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - Glowzor Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - Dead Explorer

The new co-operative “Siege” game mode is for 2-3 players, and can be enjoyed on 9 multiplayer maps, with 2 new ones included in this pack: The Museum and The Highrise.

And finally team up and fight your way through 10 rounds, battling the clock and waves of progressively tougher enemies as you locate and defend a series of Capture Points

Check out the screenshots below

Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - The Museum

Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - The Museum Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - The Museum

Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - The Highrise Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - The Highrise

Uncharted 2 - Siege Expansion - The Highrise

I look forward to answering any questions you may have and stay tuned for further updates.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

79 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first
Mortalized 9 April, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   1

Any pictures of the skins? :D

woho! finally some more co-op maps :P thank you !

PrivateJoker360 9 April, 2010 @ 5:58 pm   3

It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine. :-)

spatsnaz 9 April, 2010 @ 5:58 pm   4

Looks wonderful. Perfect pricepoint aswell!

Andrefpvs 9 April, 2010 @ 5:59 pm   5

AMAZING news! I love the multiplayer so I’ll play to get all those Trophies, once again! Teaming up for the co-op Trophies with two mates from my friends list was incredibly fun too, glad to see there’s more there!

Please let this not be the last DLC, I’ll keep buying them!

(Although I did not buy the Heroes skin pack, I don’t really agree with paying for just skins).

Great stuff.

Andrefpvs 9 April, 2010 @ 6:09 pm   7

I must say though that Protectorate medals are very hard to get. I have played over 70 Plunder matches since that medal was added and I only have 2 of those medals. This happens basically because everyone throws the Treasure after they grab it (like they mostly always should!)

So the You Run, I’ll Shoot Trophy will be a pain, if requirements for the medal are not lowered, or the Treasure carrier is not given extra health.

But I’ll still go for it.

Nuclearfish 9 April, 2010 @ 6:10 pm   8

Awesome!!

Nice to see a map for the museum. It’s such a nice environment yet was only used in one story mode chapter, so glad to see more of it!

Oh yes please. Looks and sounds good, nice price to. Sold.

danielmccue 9 April, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   10

wow this came oout of nowhere and a brilliant price too day one purchase here

Bodachi 9 April, 2010 @ 6:22 pm   11

You guys pack lots in your dlc and a great price. One thing can you make it so you can pick your character in the co-op content, I know it can’t happen for the story ones but the others.

KC-alpha-14 9 April, 2010 @ 6:31 pm   12

Another one! I’ve only just bought Uncharted 2 and feel pressurised to buy both of these. Damn you!

Andy-McK-4ever 9 April, 2010 @ 6:40 pm   13

That looks like some nice DLC. It’s good to see such a stunning environment as the Nepal rooftops being used as a map, there’s definately alot of potential there. The new trophies look easy enough but “You Can’t Break Me” and “You Run, I’ll Shoot” will probably take awhile.

imajinetion 9 April, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   14

Kotaku says the date is april 22nd. Comfirm or deny?

Richard Yap 9 April, 2010 @ 6:55 pm

Hi imajinetion can confirm will be available on the 22nd April for €5.99 / £4.79

Dkj-Discipline 9 April, 2010 @ 6:51 pm   15

i thought there was supposed to be four maps with the april DLC..?

will there be anymore DLC in future or is this the last we will see for U2AT?

Dkj-Discipline 9 April, 2010 @ 6:51 pm   16

because i want a jungle map…!!!!!!!

Andy-McK-4ever 9 April, 2010 @ 6:53 pm   17

@15 I’d say this will be the last bit of DLC in terms of new maps or modes. Don’t get me wrong, the support ND have shown for the game is great but I’d like to see them focus on a new project like Uncharted 3 or Jak and Daxter 4.

Bjarno86 9 April, 2010 @ 6:58 pm   18

Are the general medal trophies (like Defender and Retaliation) restricted to Deadmatch and Elimination only like in the first DLC, or can they be earned in Plunder and other modes too?

Andrefpvs 9 April, 2010 @ 7:03 pm   19

@Richard Yap

I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask: would you mind asking Naughty Dog whether there will ever be new multiplayer medals or not?

again a pre order skin in a pack?

the golden weapons wont be avaible agan hea?
Nice im gonna buy, love the green skull monster

Carnivius_Prime 9 April, 2010 @ 7:21 pm   21

Aw no you’re making the Special Edition europe skins available to all now? Ah well, it was just a matter of time. The pack looks great and the Siege mode sounds pretty cool. Easy purchase for me. Still by far and away my favorite video game. Nothing comes close. And I’ve got some friends newly addicted to it too so co op mode is a lot of fun (always better with people you know rather than random strangers). Can’t wait!

s_wrenn 9 April, 2010 @ 7:38 pm   22

YAY i love this game so much

jeebz86 9 April, 2010 @ 7:45 pm   23

they look awesome so want them can these maps be played on other gamtypes other than siege ?

Come on Naughty Dog, on with some single player DLC. I dont mind it being one hour long.

Uncharted 2 is the best video game EVER created, so I’m buying all DLC :) THX Naughty Dog!

bluescopian4 9 April, 2010 @ 8:00 pm   26

When I click on the photos of the skins it says this photo is private, pls fix.

amberswood 9 April, 2010 @ 8:10 pm   27

looks good think i might just puchase this !!!!

Lewis815 9 April, 2010 @ 8:15 pm   28

Another reason why Naughty Dog are the best developers in the world. Thank you for even more DLC !

I can’t wait to see what you guys are working on next. If you’re following your past pattern then I expect Uncharted 3 then Uncharted Kart Racing ;) (Although I’d love Jak 4! :) )

Very happy about this dlc. It will be tough to complete all three co-op objectives on hard, plus 10 protectorate medals (due to how plunder is played), but it’s nice to have something to work towards. Will there be a trailer for this dlc like it was for the previous packs?

@28: Uncharted Kart Racing would be pretty cool:p

oh great, now my trophy percentage for Uncharted 2 will go down even further! thanks a lot naughty dog!

CozMick 9 April, 2010 @ 9:00 pm   31

Wait! What?

You’re charging me {again} for something I’ve already purchased in the Collectors Edition?

So the “exclusive” skins part of the CE was a pack of lies?

Thanks a bunch ND,

Wow!

Yap yap yap ya yap ya ya yap. I’m looking forward to it! Yap yap yap ya yap ya ya yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. I thank-you.

Pure_Mind_Games 9 April, 2010 @ 9:20 pm   33

call me crazy but any chance of any single player DLC?

reggiedavidclark 9 April, 2010 @ 9:32 pm   34

Please oh please remove the collecters edition skins. :(

Seeing this made me want to replay the story and then buy this, but seeing other people with the skins I payed extra for makes me sad.

lukasdb 9 April, 2010 @ 9:57 pm   35

since “can’t break me” trophy is going to require good players i want to set up a new team for this trophy. if anyone wants to do it ith me just send me an invitation on psn, oh and headphone is required

danielmccue 9 April, 2010 @ 10:33 pm   36

that GLOZOR skin looks too awesome for words i mean wow thats just……. wow

danielmccue 9 April, 2010 @ 10:34 pm   37

seriously i would pay 5 quid just for that skin

DZORMAGEN 10 April, 2010 @ 1:06 am   38

I am buying this pack here in the US! What are the chances of ND getting together with GOW devs, and have some GOW skins? (i.e Kratos, Zues, Hades, Ares) Skins?

vonhammer 10 April, 2010 @ 1:08 am   39

Awesome will let my bro know so he can also buy them.

I hope you read this.
Could you look into a problem with spqwning in private games,my bro and I like doing 1v1 but since the last patch you spawn really close to each other after you’ve been killed,it’s ruined that mode in our opinion,it’s not fun anymore and we’ve stopped playing 1v1 DM.It was better before the patch.
Thanks

indika551 10 April, 2010 @ 2:06 am   40

There’s a pic of baseball shirt drake just there. im looking forward to this since i just gott get 500 more kill’s and you guy’s bring out more yay but baseball shirt drake and Prakoso i had since the start along with my gold gun’s it’s going to be sad watching every one elase with theam but apart from that i cant wait no one know’s what the price might be in AUS im going away for the weekend on the 23ed ill miss out on the frist few day’s =’(…. LOVE YOU ND

vonhammer 10 April, 2010 @ 2:08 am   41

Also will the skins be voiced,biggest issue with the hero’s/villans was the lack of noise they make,feels odd jumping around in silence.
I was also hoping for a few of tame Helghast phrases :) would of been awesome hearing them in uncharted.

I--AdepT--I 10 April, 2010 @ 4:42 am   42

To you guys complaining about the European skins losing exclusivity, the U.S. had only one exclusive skin, Navarro, which later became available through the Drake’s Fortune Pack. It’s only fair that we finally are able to use Baseball Drake and Prakoso. Plus Europe had Rika and Pinkerton long before they were available elsewhere. The U.S.’s 1 skin to Europe’s 4 skins, I think you’ll survive, we did. You guy’s store updates way sooner than the U.S.’s East Coast store (8pm…) so you’ll be hitting the DLC more quickly. Man, maybe I should move to good ole Europe lol. Omg Italy. The maps and modes look stellar ND, as usual.

Gekidami 10 April, 2010 @ 6:42 am   43

:/ Thats my CE skins you’re giving out there…
Try to atleast keep the golden guns exclusive to the CE, to not completely rip off people who spent extra for it. After all, the golden guns and these skins was the ONLY extra CE content…

frestelse 10 April, 2010 @ 7:58 am   44

Yesssss. I am going start playing Uncharted 2 again. But Platzor and Glowzor looks bad. And I was planing to buy GTA Episodes from Liberty city. Well I youst have to buy them b. And Red dead redemption, Mafia 2, Brink, Fifa world cup. This is 2010 baby! This is going to cost me moneyzzzz. srry bad English.

Zephyr_Ex 10 April, 2010 @ 8:16 am   45

Can we use any skin we’ve unlocked for siege mode or do we have to stick with whatever the game decides to give up for a particular round?

KoSzNik 10 April, 2010 @ 9:09 am   46

Everything’s great… except that every time i try to play multiplayer i get very interesting message – “error connecting to authentication server”. What’s the story? I bought CE and… well… as i can’t play online i paid extra for nothing (except metal case)… cheers;)

G-M1N111 10 April, 2010 @ 9:36 am   47

QUESTION:

I presume if we own the UK version of U2, the DLC wont work if bought in another region right?

Seriously, is this really needed? I think A LOT of people would buy the DLCs if they could…

Not everyone is willing to create an UK Account just for 2-3 DLCs…

@42

We PAID for the extra skins, you got Navarro at the launch for FREE.

That’s a massive difference,

Now If we want the maps we have to pay for the skins we already own.

‘When comes it out?

Can’t say I’m a fan of the skins… My problem is that even if I don’t pick them, other will and my experience will suffer from it. It really distracts me all those awful Chimera or Cole (Zeke !) or various skeletons. They’re just ugly compared to Uncharted characters.
The green one seems to be icing on the cake :/
Anyway, the themes of the new maps seem really great, I’m looking forward to those !

Load all