Posted 1:42pm

Digital Comics Store Update (15th April 2010)

Hello everyone. Ever dreamt of being a super hero? Do you find the lure of spandex simply too difficult
to resist? Looking for some kick-ass? If so, we have a treat in store for you this week.

Digital Comics

Dave Lizewski has had better days. When he first pulled on the Super Hero suit, it was the thrill of a lifetime. Since then, he’s been banged-up, beaten, broken, bludgeoned, and all sorts of other b-words. He’s met a 9-year-old assassin and been on a super hero team-up. He’s watched people die and seen himself become an internet celebrity. Now a major motion picture, Kick-Ass is set in a world very similar to ours, where superheroes only exist in comic books, movies and (of course) the PSP System. From the Wolverine: Enemy of the State dream team of Mark Millar (Civil War) and John Romita Jr (Amazing Spider-Man, World War Hulk), 8 foul-mouthed issues of Kick-Ass arrive on the Digital Comics store today.

Miss out and you’re an idiot, as they say.

Other highlights this week include the fourth and final episode of Insomnia’s majestic Burke & Hare, another Vampire Hunter D from Digital Manga Publishing, and the long-awaited follow-up to Sláine: Book of Invasions from 2000AD, which sees the once High King of Ireland driving back bothersome demons to avoid a price too terrible to comprehend…

If all of this seems a little too much for all you sensitive souls out there, there’s more Wallace & Gromit, more Disney, and The One Where Archie Marries Veronica. Aaaaaah.

Here’s the full list:

• Runes of Ragnan #3 - IDW 12+
  • Scrooge McDuck and his Hopeless Holiday - Disney 3+
  • Scrooge McDuck and the Soft Spot - Disney 3+
  • Sláine : Book of Invasions #2 : Golamh - 2000AD 18+
  • Superduck and the Reality Show for Debts - Disney 3+
  • The Lexian Chronicles #2 - Markosia 12+
  • Transformers Movie Sequel: The Reign of Starscream #4 (includes audio commentary) - IDW 9+
  • Transformers: Tales of the Fallen #6 - IDW 9+
  • We Kill Monsters #6 - Red 5 Comics 12+
  • Weekly World News: The Irredemption of Ed Anger #3 (includes audio commentary) - IDW 17+
  • X-Mickey #11: A Night at the White Mouse - Disney 3+
  • Bill Willingham’s Pantheon #2 - IDW 12+
  • Vampire Hunter D Volume 1: Chapter #2 - IDW 17+
  • Wallace & Gromit Comic #9 - Titan Comics 3+
  • We Will Bury You #2 (includes audio commentary) - IDW 17+

As always you can check out the pricing in your currency on PlayStationComics.com. Also, while you’re there, check out the forum. We’ll soon be offering you the chance to get your questions answered by the team and offer your suggestions on how we can improve the Digital Comics experience, so keep your eyes peeled. Yes, even YOU could be a superhero.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 19 Author replies
Show oldest first

I was going to purchase Kick-Ass in paper form, but there’s no need to now I can just the digital version :)

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 2:12 pm

yay! :-)It’s awesome, I’ve just started #3 and don’t want to put it down.

GahLakTus 15 April, 2010 @ 2:06 pm   2

hmm i was thinkn of buyn kick as sin paper form aswell..but i may get this :P

i was wondering when the europe comic store will be gettging the arkham asylum game prequal comic that the usa got a couple weeks back for free? as id really like to read it. plus will we get any of these comics on the store soon

spawn
hack/slash
punisher(max series)
tmnt
thundercats

etc
etc

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 2:21 pm

I don’t know if we will be seeing the Arkham Asylum comic here in the EU. I’ll try and find out for you.

I want to see Deadpool in the comic store! :)
Respawn lol! :)

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 2:22 pm

I think we will be seeing some Deadpool in the future, definitely seen it referred to on a release schedule somewhere.

giantkiller01 15 April, 2010 @ 2:08 pm   4

Kick-ass! Awesome!

Keep ‘em coming great stuff! Also interested in Batman Arkham Asylum game comic. Any idea if and when we will get it?

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 2:43 pm

Apparently it was not done through our software, so I imagine that this may be a Mike Kebby question.

TheDevilsJoker 15 April, 2010 @ 2:17 pm   6

I have Kick-Ass in paper form and it is a really good comic, i really enjoyed reading it and it was well worth the 12 quid i spent for it in hardback.

GhostViper 15 April, 2010 @ 2:32 pm   7

Hi there.
Any news on when we can get this in Norway? :)

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 2:44 pm

Sorry GhostViper, no news yet. As ever we are trying to bring the service to as many countries as we can. We’ll keep you up to date as soon as we know.

ESPGANESAIII 15 April, 2010 @ 2:34 pm   8

Awesome, more Vampire Hunter D for me.

Now i know this will be a longshot but i don’t suppose you could enquire about Sonic Comics???

I used to have loads when i was younger, but they have since been lost.

As i said it’s a longshot so i won’t be upset if theres no possibility.

Thanks

The Arkham Asylum comic was available in the UK as a pre-order bonus from GameStation, so it shouldn’t be too hard to pop it on the EU PlayStation Store (like they have done in the US) Don’t think it would be available on the Comic Reader though.

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 2:47 pm

oh ok, so it was available through the US game store? This will be a Mike Kebby question then.

Shadowdragoon 15 April, 2010 @ 2:45 pm   10

So, any more news for us non-UK people? or a gifting option? please say there are news for any of those two?

ESPGANESAIII 15 April, 2010 @ 2:53 pm   11

Please tell me your not pulling my leg???

Thats awesome!!! You sir have just made my day.

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 3:00 pm

No I’m serious, unless anything goes wrong, Sonic the Hedgehog #0 will be with us next week!

Megakizz 15 April, 2010 @ 2:56 pm   12

Is there any chance that their will be an update to the reader that will let me delete some of the older free comics that I no longer want on my psp go thank you very much. Good update by the way.

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 3:01 pm

Cheers, and yes there is an update coming fairly soon that will allow you to delete unwanted comics from with in the application.

Shadowdragoon 15 April, 2010 @ 3:13 pm   13

Grmble, sorry to ask here, but is the forum you link to out of order or? I am having trubbles whit it, when loging in to it i keep getting a errormessage about authentication, tried clearing cache, incase of something left, but nothing?

Shadowdragoon 15 April, 2010 @ 3:29 pm   14

Sorry to say, but there, i have a trubble whit signing on not actually signing me on..

Shadowdragoon 15 April, 2010 @ 3:46 pm   15

Seems i managed to get in, had to go thru http://community.eu.playstation.com/ to manage to logg in and stay logged in.

PhoenixEffect 15 April, 2010 @ 4:07 pm   16

Belgium is waiting for this Digital Comics Store! But I know you guys are working hard to get it everywhere! Thanks in advance! ;)

HazelAM 15 April, 2010 @ 4:11 pm   17

what a week to run out of money in my wallet.
a monopoly mini and 8 issues of kick ass, when else would the word ass be used so much on the blog? :)
for a change i’m going to ask you not to keep up the good work, it’s getting too expensive :)
i’ll end with a question, do you know when the next issue of the transformer ongoing series is out?

xWoldemor 15 April, 2010 @ 4:21 pm   18

Any idea about a release date for the German speaking region?

BlueFlameSkulls 15 April, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   19

No X-Men this week?

KylieDog 15 April, 2010 @ 4:28 pm   20

I’d have spend hundreds of pounds by now if I could use these on my PS3.

Heard the Kick Ass comic is great, still need to see the movie too. I’m really behind on my comics though, I know I won’t get through 8 issues very quickly.

When will more issues of Ritual be up? Was a great first issue!

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 5:00 pm

Hi Zoibie, next issue of Ritual will be up next week, and then bi-weekly after that. Should give you a bit of breathing room to catch up.

smokeypsd 15 April, 2010 @ 5:09 pm   22

any word on more instalments for the dragon age comic series Pete? I really loved the first, I’ve gotta get my hands on the novel too! I’m dragon age crazy now lol.

Pete Stott 15 April, 2010 @ 5:16 pm

I think it was the best selling comic for the last couple of weeks, so you are not alone.
    A little bit of a wait. We’re currently looking at the beginning of June for the next issue.

Ravenblade86 15 April, 2010 @ 6:11 pm   23

Everyone seems to be talking about Kick Ass being on the store, which is great but the real highlight is Sláine : Book of Invasions #2 : Golamh! :) That made my day seeing that on the store earlier.

To much other great stuff in this week update to list, but the final chapter in Burke & Hare is another one I can’t wait to read.

Just need more money and free time now to read all this comics!

Brechtlec 15 April, 2010 @ 6:40 pm   24

I really hate this localization of the playstation store, how they force you to shop on the store linked with your country:(
When is the benelux digital comic thing going to be active?:(
And please let it have the originals and not badly translated versions of the comics.

You need to make the comic section on the PSN store more clear, I’m trying to find it both on my PSP and on my PC (MediaGo), but I can’t find it.

Right, found the fault. I can’t but comics from my country, nevermind…

Bumblebee 15 April, 2010 @ 11:48 pm   27

I would LOVE to see Marshall Law on the reader. There aren’t many but “Fear and Loathing” and “Marshall Law Takes Manhattan” were brilliant.

meccamonty 16 April, 2010 @ 3:12 am   28

No word on the Irish store yet? i suppose this will be like the movie store.. it’l probably never happen..

meccamonty 16 April, 2010 @ 1:52 pm   29

@pete

apologies.. i checked whenever the thing first came out and i don’t go on my psp much, so i never checked again.. just presumed you had never added it since i didn’t hear.

dan1com5 16 April, 2010 @ 3:43 pm   30

Any plans to include comics from maybe Top Cow or DC? I have to admit I’m quite a big Darkness fan…

S-Cript 17 April, 2010 @ 8:12 am   31

the weird thing is i can go to any store in the netherlands to buy any comic within 5 working days after its release in the US
but with sony(and specific the SonyGameConsoleEntertainment Benlux (since they don’t sell computers according to the refund-reply) the netherlands we are treated as a 3rd world region
no digital comics in the EU (other than uk,france,germany)
no digital videostore in the EU (other than the Uk,france,germany)

Belgiums own brussel is the Capital of europe
Holland got the UN war tribunal.
Holland got the AMX, is the world biggest connection for the internet to all the countries,
if this goes down, the world goes black…

sony grow a pair and give the world what they expect,its for already over a year after being promissed and still no date from you