Posted 11:25am

PlayStation “minis” Game Hysteria Project Available Now On PSP And PS3!

Hey! I am Yan Marchal, manager of Sanuk Games.

As this is my first post here, let me introduce us briefly. Sanuk Games is a game studio based in Bangkok, and we’ve been working on various console games for a couple of years. On the Playstation “Minis” format, we have released Spot The Differences, Telegraph Crosswords, and Telegraph Sudoku & Kakuro.

Today we are releasing the “Minis” version of an award-winning horror game: Hysteria Project.

Hysteria Project

In Hysteria Project, YOU are the hero! Step into the shoes of the main character and take part in an unforgettable adventure! Will you make the right decisions and make it out in one piece?

Hysteria Project

Hysteria Project

Hysteria Project is a groundbreaking gaming experience where you are the hero of an entirely filmed adventure. Keep a sharp eye on what’s going on around you and make the right choices at the right time. Have you got the guts to be next on the list?

Hysteria Project

Hysteria Project

The original version of Hysteria Project, released by Bulkypix, won the “Revelation 2009” Milthon award in Paris, and was praised by fans of new experiences and thrill-seekers. Levi Buchanan of ign.com wrote: “HYSTERIA PROJECT reminded me of those old FMV games I used to play on my SEGA CD as a guilty pleasure — but this one only cost me two bucks for the same level of enjoyment”.

Hysteria Project is available today for PSP and PS3 at the price of € 1.49 / £ 1.24.

For more information about our games, please visit our website. And to get first-hand information about our future releases, please follow us on Facebook.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

42 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

mrfight67 15 April, 2010 @ 11:32 am   1

Looks good, and a good price too :D

GhostViper 15 April, 2010 @ 11:32 am   2

Wow, that looks creepy.

funkpower 15 April, 2010 @ 11:33 am   3

Wooooo…………

Looks pretty scary yet fun and its a great price :)

almighty-slayer 15 April, 2010 @ 11:35 am   5

At £1.24, you have my money :)

xKillerMonkeyx 15 April, 2010 @ 11:38 am   6

This could be the firts mini i buy, looks awesome, my kinda game. Rainy night, light off, headphones :-)

funkpower 15 April, 2010 @ 11:39 am   7

@6

A normal night in for me ;-)

ninja_tom 15 April, 2010 @ 11:40 am   8

Well done! Looks great, instant purchase! Hope the audio is atmospheric on the PSP headphones…

xKillerMonkeyx 15 April, 2010 @ 11:41 am   9

@7

haha, guess i didnt get the scary atmosphere i was looking to portray lol

VictorAnalogy 15 April, 2010 @ 11:43 am   10

It’s like a mini inspired Heavy Rain. You should have called it “Light Drizzle”.

Definite purchase here. :)

Ragnarok-NZ 15 April, 2010 @ 11:49 am   11

Wow that’s a very interesting price point – consider me sold.
And it looks really polished for a Mini.
I’m definitely keeping an eye on your next projects :)

Ragnarok-NZ 15 April, 2010 @ 11:53 am   12

I just noticed that this game wasnt originally developed by your team, but instead ported onto the Minis program.
Either way, I am still going to be purchasing said game, and will continue to look forward to your next projects.
I hope your team will continue to develop and/or publish more titles onto the Minis platform :D

xchris2008x 15 April, 2010 @ 12:07 pm   13

defiantly getting this for £1.24 :)

and it will be my first mini.

valkyrio 15 April, 2010 @ 12:12 pm   14

instant purchase for me :)

truthlaser 15 April, 2010 @ 12:21 pm   15

So is this the same game as the version on App Store?

The one that was supposed to be the first episode of several in The Hysteria Project and just ends with no real conclusion after about 25 minutes?

Or have you added something to actually make it a complete game?

Yan Marchal 15 April, 2010 @ 5:55 pm

It is pretty much the same game.
    New contents will come later in the form of a sequel. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
    Yan

Toothball 15 April, 2010 @ 12:23 pm   16

Reviews of the iPhone version sound interesting, the main complaint being that it’s not very long. But who can argue when it’s that price. I may be checking this out soon too.

nickjd331 15 April, 2010 @ 12:24 pm   17

Sounds great, and as far as I can tell cheapest mini so far!

For that price this will definitely be my first mini.

funkpower 15 April, 2010 @ 12:24 pm   18

“You wake up in a filthy room, your hands and feet bound with duct tape. You have no idea how you got there. No clue as to who took you. All you know is that you need to escape before they come back to something unthinkable to you — something that involves an axe. That’s the opening of Hysteria Project”. 7.2 on the iphone. Didn’t even know it was on the iphone!? Thinks I might buy it now!

AcidCrashX 15 April, 2010 @ 12:25 pm   19

for under 1.50 i’m happy to give this a try :) wish more Minis developers did it like this >_>

Coleguilla 15 April, 2010 @ 12:54 pm   20

Wow, looks great and the price too!! I think I will give it a try. It will be my first mini.

danielmccue 15 April, 2010 @ 12:57 pm   21

++++++++++++++++++for everybody wondering about the gta 4 dlc as far as my knowledge you cant play the digital downloaded dlc without the original disk and a completed game save but the disk version can be played without the original disk
hope this helps!

thanks for the great update this week. 2 questions

1) is oddworld abes exodus coming soon?

2) how come GTA episodes from liberty city are being released on both PSN and Retail BD, yet Dragon Age Origins Awakening was only released on PSN.

thanks

Guillemots 15 April, 2010 @ 1:36 pm   23

Sold! :)

Can you give any indication of when we’ll see new chapters of Heavy Rain? Will they all (promised 5) land this year?

Yan Marchal 15 April, 2010 @ 5:50 pm

As s0602277 replies below, we are not involved in Heavy Rain.

For Hysteria Project, there is a plan for a sequel, although the schedule hasn’t been defined yet. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
    Yan

s0602277 15 April, 2010 @ 1:53 pm   25

@PEJY,

This company has nothing to do with Heavy Rain….

s0602277 15 April, 2010 @ 1:53 pm   26

Sanuk Games I mean…

Rainbird01 15 April, 2010 @ 4:05 pm   27

I’m so getting this O_O

KylieDog 15 April, 2010 @ 4:19 pm   28

Well for that price it is hard to say no.

Was interested in this when I seen it coming to minis, the price makes it a definite buy!

I got this game today and It crashed on me Im about to try again to see if it happens.

Yan Marchal 15 April, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

This is surprising. Please send me an email (contact@sanukgames.com) with the detail of what happened. Thank you.

Yan

Yan Marchal 15 April, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   31

Thanks everybody for the nice comments!

To keep up to date with our future releases, you may follow us on Facebook:

Cheers,
Yan

djreplay 15 April, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   32

For £1.24 im going to definitely get this, going to pop my mini’s cherry

PhoenixEffect 15 April, 2010 @ 7:13 pm   33

I just played a little part… I have to say that this game is probably made for PSP then it is for PS3. The videos are not always in high quality probably because it is not meant for HD televisions.

Maybe some idea for the future to put in an options menu where we can upscale the size of the game?

Noodlesaurus 16 April, 2010 @ 2:26 pm   34

@30 Same here, it freezes without fail (no access to xmb, forced to reset) on the 3rd choice after you get the scrap of paper with a tree on it, hope there’s a fix soon!

xxPIETROxx 16 April, 2010 @ 3:07 pm   35

Just bought it, so far its really cool!! quite creepy!!!!

xxPIETROxx 16 April, 2010 @ 3:34 pm   36

I don’t understand, I got to the end and it says to be continued? Will I have to pay for part two and when will it be available?? im really enjoying so far though :D

way2easy 16 April, 2010 @ 3:46 pm   37

Did anyone else notice that you can just push circle and X repeated to pass all the QTEs?
It doesn’t penalize you for pressing a wrong button!

xxPIETROxx 16 April, 2010 @ 5:03 pm   38

@ 37 What? When I pressed wrong button I died lol xD
I wish this lasted longer, i feel i completed it in like 30 mins? PLease bring out more!!!

brilliant game at a brilliant price, £1.19! I’ve paid more for LBP costumes, this is a FULL GAME.

It would be cool if these Minis had say 5 trophies or so.

DoktorHauser 19 April, 2010 @ 12:49 pm   41

This is a pretty poor game, to be honest. I know it’s cheap, but still…

There’s almost no plot at all, zero gameplay and poor visuals. It’s disappointing to see people saying ‘Wow! This will be my first Mini’ when there are far superior Minis available: Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies, Alien Zombie Death, Kahoots, Echoes, Pinball Dreams/Fantasies to name a few. Plus Monsters Probably Stole My Princess should be out this week too.

It’s barely a game at all. The puzzles are non-existent and gameplay is mostly ‘Choose A, B or C’ with little or no intuition involved in the choice. If you pick the wrong one, you die and go back and choose something else. It’s a bit like those old ‘Choose Your Own Adventure’ books.

PlusPlusMinus 21 April, 2010 @ 7:54 pm   42

Cool, looks very interesting!