Posted 1:05am

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

245 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Some nice new trophy features there. Still not sold on 3D though, maybe when the TVs get a LOT cheaper.

moriarty1975 22 April, 2010 @ 1:10 am   2

Nice!

Sweet but still no cross game chat ??????????

CRASHBASHUK 22 April, 2010 @ 1:14 am   4

some1 working late ;)

Bloody_Marcel 22 April, 2010 @ 1:19 am   5

That’s cool and all but… is that it?

Battery-Acid- 22 April, 2010 @ 1:21 am   6

These silly little pictures have taken control of my life…

Silent_Gig 22 April, 2010 @ 1:32 am   7

What time would this be appearing?

Bloody_Marcel 22 April, 2010 @ 1:33 am   8

About 3 hrs from now, if it’s happening today.

waypoetic 22 April, 2010 @ 1:35 am   9

That is all! Yeah… What’s up with the trophy support? I mean, i don’t really see the demand (atleast not from me) from my fellow gamers. Check the NeoGaf thread about this new update and the appreciation is… Not there. We wan’t cross game chat (now i’m on the g’damn bandwagon about this too!) and some of us want a new XMB UI. Thanks

smokeypsd 22 April, 2010 @ 1:36 am   10

Come on. You took away 1 of my computers which I used, you REALLY have to come up with the goods to make amends…

Greater video codec support
Lossloss formats natively compatible
Crossgame Voice Chat
More versatile, powerful browser

These are just a few things off the bat, which should’ve been coming out before, but now ARE GREATLY needed due to u taking away linux. You need to reimburse, come on, where’s the goods sony? And cheers once again for making me need to find extra money which I don’t have for another computer, the situation was fine with my gf and me using the laptop and the ps3 for uni at the sametime.

mattshill 22 April, 2010 @ 1:38 am   11

It’s nice to to see that the SCEA public suggestions have been taken seriously as I know this was one of the things mentioned.

Any chance It will let you delete trophies? As one of my flatmates got 30 trophies on my account I want to delete because it annoys me that I didn’t earn them.

GuttermouthSIN 22 April, 2010 @ 1:40 am   12

Awesome! Oh, wait, I meant ‘meh.’

If we’re not getting cross-game chat anytime soon, can we at least get voice messages? Even the Wii has that feature for crying out loud.

Musoka_Eimin 22 April, 2010 @ 1:42 am   13

You had people download an update to kill otherOS when you knew this was coming out within weeks? For shame guys, you know that the more times you make people update the more chances there are for unit failure. If you think I’m letting go otherOS, I am not. I will be back here anytime its even remotely relevant. I paid for it, you took it, putting aside your fancy legal talk, anyone would see what you have done as theft plain and simple. If I am just LEASING my console and you have the right to remove stuff from it then I believe you should also have the responsibility to maintain and service all of these millions of consoles don’t you? Isn’t that how leasing things works? I have a house full of Sony equipment, rest assured there are other brands that I can and will choose from for my household electronics. New feature update your PS3 every couple of weeks so it bricks faster! Awesome!

niall077 22 April, 2010 @ 1:42 am   14

you think the guys at sony would have combined this and the last Linux killing FW update into one update since they came only a mmonth apart ….. another 30 minutes of downloading and installing it is then.

Guillemots 22 April, 2010 @ 1:42 am   15

Nice!
Thanks, update always welcome :)

mew_frenger 22 April, 2010 @ 1:43 am   16

nice features. its free and cant be anything other than thankfull
but i still whish that u would redo the xmb.. u clearly dont hire the guy who made the xmb when u do updates. comapring trophies, the PSN profile and whats new looks like some ugly windows95 stuff. look at apps and games on the PS3 or other sony devices, the ps3 pales in comparison.

Hello,

I sure am glad to hear that trophy divisions between original and DLCs’ trophies are finally inbound. All that is left regarding the trophy system is the introduction of PSP trophies :)

Will Sony ever give us the ability to change our Playstation Network ID ? I would definitely pay a fee to have my ID changed.

Cordially,

aat08

Alyndri 22 April, 2010 @ 1:50 am   18

Any new facebook functionality on it’s way? I’m liking the FB compatibility.

randellaUK 22 April, 2010 @ 1:56 am   19

Hopefully some more additions than just this fingers crossed any ETA on this ???

vonhammer 22 April, 2010 @ 1:56 am   20

I guess nothing for me really.

Needs a new browser,flash 10 for youtube,cross chat for those that want it and i’ll never really need another update.

II-KiLLER-ll 22 April, 2010 @ 2:05 am   21

This is all great and all, But where the big updates that everyone has been waiting for, e.g; Cross Game Chat?

CheapestGamer 22 April, 2010 @ 2:11 am   22

As usual, Sony focuses all of the attention on adding crap that I don’t want but I have to install this piece of garbage update unless I wanna be barred from PSN.

Last gen, it was all about your own personal feeling of accomplishment from completing games, yet this gen people need to e-brag about how little of a life they have via trophies/achievements.

Add PS2 BC via firmware update, add back in the other OS function for those with older PS3s and shove the garbage where the sun don’t shine, Sony.

PS3. It only does whatever we only want it to, unless we feel you no longer need it, so we’ll remove it ‘for your benefit’. What a crock.

DaftMav 22 April, 2010 @ 2:11 am   23

Nice, finally some basic sorting options. But when will there finally be a trophies API? At least for third party websites like PlayStation communities. When will we be able to share our statistics on our favorite game tracking websites like the way it’s been possible for a long time now with “that other console”? Sony’s actions so far have only made it more difficult for these communities to provide leaderboards and trophy portals.

DaftMav 22 April, 2010 @ 2:18 am   24

Yay for bad linkwrapping, here’s a short url: http://bit.ly/d9hn8d

Deathcloak 22 April, 2010 @ 2:18 am   25

The trophy sorting is sweet!! Can’t wait!

GuttermouthSIN 22 April, 2010 @ 2:18 am   26

@23: Yeah, I’d love to be able to have stuuf tracked on Raptr. Seems stupid that Sony is so stingy when it comes to stuff like that.

DaftMav 22 April, 2010 @ 2:21 am   27

Apologies, that was the wrong short url (it’s late -_-). This one goes to the share.blog.us.playstation site: http://bit.ly/a2caGv

it only does useless updates

you guys really need to give some fresh minds a crack at the firmware updates, now i’m getting the 10 year life cycle bit

Devilater 22 April, 2010 @ 2:33 am   30

Thanks!

WillyKYU 22 April, 2010 @ 2:34 am   31

Is this a joke? At least be honest, this update was exclusively to bring 3D options to match 3D tvs release. I’m tottaly ok with that. But bringing some Trophies sorting to say “hey we added some real features this time, you see!” is useless at the moment.
There are NUMEROUS things PS3 Players and users are asking for ages now (on PSP too BTW), and XMB options should at least have 100 new features by category in an hypothetical 4.0 firmware!!!!
Speaking of managing, our HDDs are full of content, videos games, etc. We want more to customize our XMB, even APPs to browse some specific content, we want more video codecs, we want PSP video transcoding, we want total control in multimedia part!!!! we want a more unified PSN, where everything is smooth and quick! we want auto updates for games, firmwares and installs! we want a complete PSN control on the net, we want remote play for DVD and Blu-Rays!!! Youtube App!!!
XMB is the best browsing method ever created but it HAS to be ENHANCED from its limitations now!

YellowMegaMan 22 April, 2010 @ 2:48 am   32

Cool new trophy features!

Now, how about a nice cheap/free dev kit to appease those of us who used to be able to dabble in Cell programming? And an Indie section in the PSN store!

Rob_Alpha 22 April, 2010 @ 3:00 am   33

Why is my comment awaiting moderation? o.O

I know you guys can do wayy better than just a few trophies ,, Common, give me the good stuff already, you know what im talkin about!

garyse75 22 April, 2010 @ 3:14 am   35

whatever happened to the trophy room for playstation home that displays trophies. they showed it in a trailer for ps home before home came out.

moriarty1975 22 April, 2010 @ 3:16 am   36

Its live now.

MAN3282 22 April, 2010 @ 3:17 am   37

hmmm
ty

randellaUK 22 April, 2010 @ 3:25 am   38

Anybody spot anything new as i dont

ieatpixels 22 April, 2010 @ 3:54 am   39

eh, I’m not too excited about this firmware update.
I liked having my trophies timeless, I could earn them slowly over months and at a glance it looks more impressive.

plus having not earned trophies within a certain time makes IMO makes them seem imperfect.

I don’t know why anyone would want to search/view them by name aswell.

curiousecat 22 April, 2010 @ 4:19 am   40

Yeah, Now what are you taking from us..I am not updating..I want to know what it is taking, I don’t want a broken console. and 3D TV has been proven to be a Health Risk as well

Even the News is stating not to use it continually and that is here in the Americas!

I don’t use trophies any ways.

HEROS08 22 April, 2010 @ 4:24 am   41

Did anyone check psn store after the update in aus because now i have a video tap next to game in da playstation store?????

Blackxino 22 April, 2010 @ 4:29 am   42

I want my money back for removing the Other O.S!

I’m a poor person and can’t afford games all the damn time. And I had to shell a lot of my money (including food money) just to get an early FAT Ps3! Now you took away a feature I paid for without compensation.

This update sucks…who gives a damn about trophies!?
People play games for fun or for trophies!?

jmichell 22 April, 2010 @ 4:33 am   43

im am so sick of the updates all the time.. there should be one like… MAYBE every 6 months.. not like.. 2 weeks.. its so sik.. nothing really changes. i go to play cod. and so system update.. whatever.

DEKOWOLF 22 April, 2010 @ 4:44 am   44

Sorry, but I don’t buy it…

With all due respect, but this featured could (and should) have been launched much earlier.

I feel there’s more to it than just trophies and 3D TV coming…

orionX65 22 April, 2010 @ 5:00 am   45

Well atleast i’ll have more use of this trophy sorting system than the useless cross game chat (when i want to talk to my friends i sure as hell won’t do it when we are playing different games, that’s just immersion breaking) that everyone keeps whining about in every update.

But even so sorting wasn’t really the issue with trophies :/ It’s the outdated synchronizing system, clunky interface and a simple thing like not going to the trophy you just earned when pressing PS button when it unlocks.

GuttermouthSIN 22 April, 2010 @ 5:19 am   46

“Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features”

Haha. Yeah, this update certainly blows my mind from an entertainment perspective.

MonkD13 22 April, 2010 @ 5:42 am   47

wow ANOTHER crap update i WONT have use 4.

COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U really r only doing this 2 flog your 3D tv’s arnt u……. & starting of by telling us th crappy NEW trophy enchancements.

STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID UPGRADES, GIVE US SOMETHING WE CAN USE WE PAYED BIG BUCKS 4 THIS BLACK PAPER WEIGHT

S-Cript 22 April, 2010 @ 5:49 am   48

is comprehensive the meaning of the letter C in SCE??

from 3.15 to 3.21. to 3.30 within 21 days.
what was/is in the in between updates
and who manages this planning
with what firmware release,will the EU be able to buy movies,comics and the rest which is commonly used by the rest of the world in
this S Comprehensive Entertainment system
because the UK,german,france has it, the remaining millions of EU citizens are still waiting.
belgium has the HQ for the EU
Hollands got the UN war tribunal
Germany got nothing
UK got nothing
France got straszburg

on what grounds does these 3 countries get better support than the remaining countries?

Still a shame we can’t disable the “trophy unlocked” notification.

OtherOS, Video Codecs, ???

Meh..

NBCraftsman 22 April, 2010 @ 6:35 am   51

Aloha…

Cookies and login site passwords are NOT saving properly after updating to firmware v3.30.

80GB (CECHL01)

peace.
[-NBCraftsman]

Orangeno 22 April, 2010 @ 6:40 am   52

Nice, trophy sorting,

But when can we sort the demo’s from the games we’ve bought in the store? Please create this, it is easy! An extra feature to sort! You’re on the good way now.

sorting, sorting, sorting…

erbkaiser 22 April, 2010 @ 6:41 am   53

Nice new trophy features!
Sadly the ones I want most are still missing: delete trophy and delete game.

I have some games in my list which I will never play again, and would like to have them removed. Likewise there are some trophies which I’d like to unlock again (since someone else did them on my PS3), so I want to clear the trophy.

Any chance these could be added in a future update?

Gekidami 22 April, 2010 @ 6:46 am   54

Theres some decent options being added there, especially being able to sort trophies by most recently earned.

I just hope the content that this update is said to be “preping” the PS3 for is more then just 3D, we havent had a REALLY decent update in ages.

Tridentmorph 22 April, 2010 @ 7:01 am   55

Meh, not that excited. Now if the trophies auto-sync’ed it would be nice.

Guess all those holding out after 3.21 will now be “manditoried” into doing it.

Frant_7 22 April, 2010 @ 7:09 am   56

DualShock 3 (my both) does not work wirelessly after updating!

/PS3 Slim 120gb

somethingatt 22 April, 2010 @ 7:10 am   57

I love it, thanks!

Delta-1-1-7 22 April, 2010 @ 7:10 am   58

We need to be able to play music while playing a game like the 360 or even be able to surf the web without shutting the game off. Someone please tell me a reason why we don’t have this yet.

Rude_Sparthan 22 April, 2010 @ 7:12 am   59

finally.. THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY..!! ;oD

great and thanks!

weaselEST 22 April, 2010 @ 7:12 am   60

Nice strategy to get the focus off from 3.21.

Sp4reNL 22 April, 2010 @ 7:13 am   61

And what about a new webbrowser?

SHAD0N1NjA666 22 April, 2010 @ 7:34 am   62

If anyone from Sony reading these comments, you need to add a feature for sorting and grouping content under the “game data utility” the same way as the “save game utility”.

Now that some games have separated their game data from the game update data it would be good to be able to group data from the same game under its own folder, helps tidy things up a bit… Don’t you think…?

DEKOWOLF 22 April, 2010 @ 7:40 am   63

I could not agree more with #49.
Strong words there.

But I’ll tell what those countries have:
UK: English man! it’s their native language, and in these days it’s the most spoken language, therefore, easier. and also, it’s the country in EU with the most buy power, meaning, people buy more often than compared with others.

France; I some times look at it as a copy of my own country, but I realize that they are much bigger, and that is enough.

well, i can´t use anymore another OS, so why don´t you make something good with the browser then?, is not the console that just do everything??? well when i use the browser i feel like it just do nothing, what about it??? i think short my trophies is good but not necessary, i think you must start working more in this update things because i updated it 3 times in a short time and i didn´t saw nothing impressive is just wasting my time updating and at the end i don´t get something i really can say, well it worth the time, i hope you fix the browser, because is really bad, i know the PS3 is very powerful, but it stuck somewhere in time, all this power, the other consoles are more than nothing compared with a PS3, but the PS3 is not using all it´s power yet, so come on and improve it in all aspects, we are expecting a big change on it…

Deathvein 22 April, 2010 @ 7:46 am   65

Unusual update, but still a decent one nonetheless. Good job!

HazelAM 22 April, 2010 @ 7:52 am   66

if you want to improve the trophies then make them synch automatically whenever you get a new one if you’re online.
letting us change the order they’re displayed in isn’t that much of an improvement to be honest.
and how about when you’re in game and a trophy notification comes up and you press the ps button it actually takes you to that trophy on your trophy list, is that not a good idea?

F4C33oFF 22 April, 2010 @ 7:55 am   67

We want cross game chat!

ffrulez 22 April, 2010 @ 7:58 am   68

That actually did nothing. I don’t see any change. The categories are all not very useful

nukenik 22 April, 2010 @ 8:01 am   69

Dualshock3 not synchronizing after updating to 3.30!!! Logitech Harmony adapter not responding anymore either!!!

PS3 Slim 120GB

CheapestGamer 22 April, 2010 @ 8:12 am   70

So I guess I’m blocked from commenting on the US PS Blog because I was using the terms morons, idiots and quite a few other apparently ‘objectionable’ words, huh?

Not a single one of my comments showed up on the US PS Blog. I guess Sony doesn’t like seeing harsh criticism for their ‘it does everything(except Linux, PS2 games and anything else we decide to take away)’ machine, huh?

Sw0pDiller 22 April, 2010 @ 8:18 am   71

I’am very sorry i’m a long time PS fan but this update is quiet worthless… I understand that Sony is supporting it’s products but trying to shove this update with the words: “in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible” and than add nothing that people are really waiting for… shamefull… add cross game voice or voice massaging… That’s providing the best, not a filter option for the trophies… Really i like this enhancements but you are arrogant to state that this is providing the best, while “competitive” systems are providing the best for a long time now… and are adding real options that people actually use or make the system better… This update makes the system a bit better but really…

Danlisa 22 April, 2010 @ 8:29 am   72

I see the ‘big earners’ in the Sony think tank have struck again. Do SCE actually conduct proper research into what is requested in terms feature updates?

Trophy Sorting = waste of time and does nothing to improve the core PS3 experience.

sentry-23 22 April, 2010 @ 8:29 am   73

So, still no complete changelog of all things changed.

It would also help a lot if we would receive a roadmap for coming firmwares, as a way of managing expectations. (even if it would just say: Multimedia focused, Communication focused, New Feature, etc etc)

Mikael150 22 April, 2010 @ 8:37 am   74

DualShock 3 (my both) does not work wirelessly after updating!

/PS3 Slim 120gb

CheapestGamer 22 April, 2010 @ 8:40 am   75

Have fun joining Sega after this gen, Sony. Maybe you’ll at least make some good games if that’s the only thing you people end up focusing on.

Cometolon 22 April, 2010 @ 8:42 am   76

Thanks for yet another crap update, keep up the useless work!

slickjones 22 April, 2010 @ 8:47 am   77

Updates for silly little trophies are great and all, but where are the real big updates the people have been asking for for years?

True HD compatibility (playing .mkv files with optional subtitles)
Voice chat
PS2 compatibility

Like people said previously, if you took away Linux then you NEED to make it worth replacing. Some of us actually depend on that feature instead of buying a computer.

If this is the case, looks like I’ll be staying away from my PS3 for a while. At least until we get what we demand. It’s surprising how playing on the PC is much less complicated than this.

Bonyman 22 April, 2010 @ 8:49 am   78

Nice to see trophy enhancements at long last. Is there any truth to the report that the browser is being updated too?

vicheous 22 April, 2010 @ 9:00 am   79

This update also updated the browser flash player. Which was needed..

Arathrael 22 April, 2010 @ 9:01 am   80

Here’s an idea. If, as you say, you’re trying to provide a comprehensive experience, how about, y’know, not removing features?

geronimo73 22 April, 2010 @ 9:02 am   81

Good news for this news, but….
I want back the OtherOS feature ! :(
Pls solve the security issues without less important features.

For anyone complaining about the fact it’s a useless update…

Look at the bigger picture, the main reason this update is around is to prep the PS3 for 3D support when that’s available and the trophy sorting is the only thing they can put in that works and doesn’t break anything. I’d rather have regular little updates than massive updates very rarely, and the functionality they are preparing for could be good.

Also going on about the availability of movies and comics etc isn;t just down to SCEE, they have to speak with the relevant parties and sometimes there could be legal complications releasing the material in different countries due to the different rules and regulations so it’s unfair on SCEE to just blame them entirely.

Come on guys, wisen up a little when it comes to comments like these, unless your butter about Other OS support, then I have no comment.

DergaNinja 22 April, 2010 @ 9:06 am   83

WE WANT CROSS GAME CHAT!!!!!!!!!!! SONY IS AWESOME GET MORE AWESOME SONY BY GIVING US CROSS GAME CHAT

Negduke 22 April, 2010 @ 9:08 am   84

I won’t be buying a 3d tv so the update for me is one I could do without.

frispel 22 April, 2010 @ 9:08 am   85

Good to see updates from time to time but really – trophies? What good are they? Maybe if you could use them as cash in PS Store ;)

3D though is an exciting new feature. But as I understand it it will only work on the new 3D TV sets – but it would actually work on an ordinary TV as well *hint* with the right frequency and right glasses… keep up the good job Sony, and give us 3D on the TV’s we have today as well. If it’s limited to movies I could live with that ;)

I have to agree with some previous posters, about additional codec support.

That would be GREAT.

I mean, you can buy cheap media player devices now, like those ones that are essentially external harddrives, with a media server tacked on, and they support MKV now. I watch a lot of MKV TV episodes, and after running through MKV2VOB, with no transcoding, they all play perfectly on my PS3. Never a single hiccup. The PS3 can play them, so why not allow it to play the original MKV container? Even if it can’t support all MKV options, at least let it support the popular ones, and if somebody tries to play one that isn’t supported, well, let the PS3 display the message it already has, informing the user that this codec isn’t supported.

Also, in the last 12-18 months, I find myself using FLAC more and more. As harddrive prices have plummeted, and sizes increased, I now have several terrabytes in my media server, which streams to PCs around the house. I’ve reripped most of my CD collection to FLAC, but sadly, in order to play on the living room, on my 5.1 system, I need to use the MP3 versions on the PS3. I’m sure FLAC could be supported with the minimum of hassle? It can’t be a piracy issue, after all, MP3s are still a lot more common on the internet than FLAC. For those of us who’ve ripped our own CDs losslessly, it would be nice to be able to play them, on our favourite media playing system ;)

Rolodzeo 22 April, 2010 @ 9:09 am   88

Come on Sony, we want cross game chat, not 3D promises. And bring linux back.

kalioon 22 April, 2010 @ 9:10 am   89

love updates. but can you improve the music experiance on the ps3? Id prefer if it had a full function music player. And that it would “snap” to the latest playing song, rather than stay with the 1st chosen song. thnaks

SuperDre 22 April, 2010 @ 9:11 am   90

I want back what I paid for, not these useless additions..

I WANT OTHEROS BACK!

You mentioned that you added a lot of features, but since I’ve got my PS3 (I think it came with 2.10) there hasn’t been one feature that I needed, you removed more than I wanted:
-original theme (no the new ‘original theme’ is not the same)
-OtherOS..

Also what’s the use of the 3D option if it doesn’t support 3D-movies.. it’s just another pointless update..

maninashed 22 April, 2010 @ 9:13 am   91

Another USELESS update, well at least you’re not taking anything away this time.

Of course, I won’t be updating to this version either.

3d Bravia TV, no chance unless Samsung make one LOL.

maninashed 22 April, 2010 @ 9:13 am   92

Oh yeah,

I WANT OTHER OS BACK!!!

Opt1mus76 22 April, 2010 @ 9:17 am   93

Why can`t we have a feature that checks and informs us when an update (and how big file is) for a game in our collection becomes available without the need to put game on to find out. How many times have I fancied a `quick go` on something I haven`t played for a while only to find a huge update (MotorStorm:PR had huge update after 6 months of not playing it) that takes too long to download to justify playing it any more. Couldn`t the system cross reference games in our `saved data utility` allowing us to check and download at any conveinient time ready for play at a later date.

TheJapp 22 April, 2010 @ 9:18 am   94

Great.. Sounds like great new features. But when will you be fixing bugs when playing mpeg4 video via DLNA wirelessly.

Thanks for providing the best console experience ever.

Sp4reNL 22 April, 2010 @ 9:18 am   95

Nice to tell us the TOS is changed:

(yes I know it is SCEA, but SCEE should follow soon, since SCEE still has 3.21FW on the website ).

Gamerwillz 22 April, 2010 @ 9:22 am   96

I think people need to stop moaning about updates not including features they are hoping for. At least Sony is updating it, so it’s better than not receiving updates at all! Be positive. On topic, I think it’s a good update – I’d like to be able to observe my most recent trophies in order.

daffycare 22 April, 2010 @ 9:23 am   97

fantastic thanks

bluefluff 22 April, 2010 @ 9:30 am   98

Come on, you took away my home computer with the last “downgrade” and this was the best you could come up with to compensate? I want my home computer back…

mattshill 22 April, 2010 @ 9:31 am   99

Alot of negative posts here guys…..
I’d just like to say this update is the result of a question and answer SCEA had with coustemers on it’s website where this was a much requested feature.

ffrulez 22 April, 2010 @ 9:37 am   100

I just hope these kinds of updates are not the majority of updates for this year like last year. Bring something like 3.0′s sparkles, 2.4′s trophies/ in game XMB or 2.6′s Photo Gallery. I need new features or I’m going to be slightly annoyed

TheNarrator 22 April, 2010 @ 9:40 am   101

oh yay, great to see some Trophy love in an update 8D. hopefully its just the start of more cool features for them too hehe (can we have offline Trophy Cards please :)).

cant wait to mess about with the new stuff.

mikeyboy76 22 April, 2010 @ 9:43 am   102

Exactly why is are these updates ‘mandatory’ ?

I should have the choice as to whether I upgrade or not – the last update and its changes to the software (which you had to upgrade to if you wanted your PSN account to still work) was frankly rude. Sony really just don’t get it.

Think I’m going to check the terms and conditions I signed up to again.

athlos 22 April, 2010 @ 9:56 am   103

3.30 update should come bundled along with the previous/current one, hat so that gamers wouldn’t make such a fuss like now. I don’t mind because every update is for a reason, eventually for a good one for all of us. Now speaking about update 3.30 would you be considering putting a delete feature to trophy management? I think that nobody likes having 0% standing out in their trophy collection. That would be some update.

xYLeinen 22 April, 2010 @ 9:56 am   104

This is good and all but where is the cross chat? Already been mentioned in chat but I don’t see an answer yet.

From the team that stole OtherOS….

I loved this bit:

‘in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience’ by stealing our functionality.

Nice work chaps, keep it up.

grobbie 22 April, 2010 @ 10:03 am   106

please please please FIX THE BROWSER cos atm its broken and it crashes the ps3 ,come on guys sort it out ,its more important to get the features already there working ,than adding what appear pointless other ones ,,FIX THE BROWSER….FIX THE BROWSER…******FIX THE BROWSER….

SyncroUK 22 April, 2010 @ 10:14 am   107

Controller sync has been screwed up again. Slim 120GB here and its not recognising both controllers unless I keep connected with a cable. Exact same issue as last year which was fixed in the pre xmas firmware update.

VictorAnalogy 22 April, 2010 @ 10:15 am   108

From the PSN Site: You can now select [PC] as an option under [Remote Play Settings] > [Register Device]. When you select this option, you will be able to use the remote play feature to operate your PS3 system from future models of the VAIO PC. Details of this feature will be announced on the official VAIO website at vaio.eu/playstation in May 2010.

Is this going to be a Vaio only feature? If so, why? Is there some magic hardware in a Vaio that makes them Remote Play compatible? (I doubt it). This sounds like a brilliant feature that would allow me to purchase and download PS3 software instantly from my Dell laptop, limiting it to Vaio’s is a stupid, stupid thing to do, it won’t increas Vaio sales, as no one will buy a laptop just to connect to a PS3.

I’m always amazed how many whiners post a comment every time Sony updates the system software. I’d like to thank Sony for 15 years of Playstation fun.

undergroundgr 22 April, 2010 @ 10:25 am   110

how about the youtube problem?is it fixed?

DEKOWOLF 22 April, 2010 @ 10:36 am   111

I don’t get why so many people ask for cross chat.
does it trouble you typing messages while playing?
Plus, not everybody wants or has a microphone to use anyway. So I understand why this isn’t a priority for them.

I’m all in favor for a better browser.
I’m force to use my PC each time I want to at least check the blog.
Sorting trophies is nice, but not really necessary.
and I’m all good sorting my games from my demos, I just change their “album” and it’s done.

More surveys equals more happy people! :)

Skookie30 22 April, 2010 @ 10:36 am   112

So they updated the flash eh, So how comes youtube was working last-night it was not working in the afternoon.

I still have to use the WII to post on a sony blog that should be allow to work on it.

& i still see the videos not working on the blog thu the ps3.

as for the trophies im glad they got rid of ??? & now it says hidden trophy, i just put in a game & that game goes to the top that all i use.

1 last thing you say “preds up for other features including 3D” are the other features pave the way for psn premium or is that needed a other F/W update. :)

So when will the Remote-Play software for PC (Windows?) be released now that we have the option on the PS3?

VictorAnalogy 22 April, 2010 @ 10:41 am   114

@114 FluBBa: See my comment (109)

The7Legend 22 April, 2010 @ 10:47 am   115

Oh dear lord, I thought there will be support to the Arabic language !

That’s truly disappointing !

Apnomis 22 April, 2010 @ 10:50 am   116

Why don’t you guys post a FULL list of what the firmware updates do? You pick one feature and then leave the rest for the community to discover – you’d get much better feedback if told people what it was for, some things I’ve read that 3.30 adds include:

3D Support for games
Trophy Sorting Options (including small change to display of hidden trophies)
New version of Flash Player for the browser
Fix to problem with playing region-free Blu-rays
Developer-side tweaks to the SDK to improve future games
Support for Mixed Bitstream soundtracks
Option to use Remote Play via a PC

Why wouldn’t you want to publish these updates? 3.30 will be seen as much more worthwhile if you actually told people what it does…

jfsebastian 22 April, 2010 @ 10:50 am   117

Thanks for the update Sony. I hope we’ll now get back to getting updates on a more regular basis as we did in the past.

mhector 22 April, 2010 @ 10:52 am   118

Hey everyone chill out a little bit.
And for some of you there is more to this update then just the trophie jobbie.

Blu Ray update – All Blu ray issues fixed and update to the blu ray in prep for the 3d support.
BD audio output under video settings – Direct and bitstream mix have been added for optical output

Flash – Updates to the Flash support on the ps3 browser

Remote play – there also is now an option for PC remote play

Just stop moaning cross chat will come this is sony remember not the quickest in the world 8)

@mikeyboy76

This update is mandatory, because SONY had to make you accept the new TOS, which make you agree with the fact SONY can do what they want with your hardware. This is the only reason !

nickjd331 22 April, 2010 @ 10:59 am   120

I appreciate the update. How about being able to sort the game title list by number of trophies like on the playstation website, or percentage achieved which I would prefer most.

I shall go and try it out now.

divine1000 22 April, 2010 @ 11:10 am   121

So the flash update didn’t fix the PS Blog/Viddler/PS3 Browser issues. Ironically, I still had to use my iPhone to be able to make a comment about the problem too.
Less of the cosmetic crap please SONY, fix what’s actually broken first.

thomdibble 22 April, 2010 @ 11:11 am   122

hmm, least there’s some sort of way of ordering our trophies now, but other than that i’m not bothered about 3D. i’m not going to go out and drop £1000+ on a new TV just to play one or two games in 3D. i think that, for the time, this is a short-sighted advertising scheme by Sony (somewhat like ‘Home’ *shudders*). It is far too costly to catch on for a year or two until the hardware becomes cheaper, and by then who’s to say that the Devs will still be making their games in 3D if no-one is playing them? Surely it must cost them more to make their games in 3D? it would have been a brilliant idea if we didn’t need to replace existing TVs, and one that i would probably have went with. a brand new TV though in this day and age, for video games? nah.

wbrinkman 22 April, 2010 @ 11:15 am   123

“we look forward to your feedback”

What did you do with the feedback on the last firmware update? Binned it?

wheels00769 22 April, 2010 @ 11:16 am   124

theres something that i think the PS store REALLY needs-

in the description for downloads, state how big the file is!
because, and it has happened to me, if i purchase lets say a game, from the PS store, and then after paying realise i dont have enough spaceon my HDD, or find out that i cant download it due to download limit restrictions from my ISP, well thats my money wasted

its not that hard Sony, get these things right!

MrNumnuts 22 April, 2010 @ 11:19 am   125

I promised myself after the 3.21 downgrade that if SCE did not reinstate “Other OS” on the next firmware update I would refuse to buy any Sony product from 3D TV’s all the way down to a 10 pack of Sony CD-R media. I am keeping my promise. I will no longer support any company that removes product functions after sale, I OWN what I paid for NOT you! I am the “Tech Advice” nerd when it comes to family and friends and believe me I will make sure they stay away from Sony and let their friends know the same.

Goodbye Sony, You will no longer be raping my wallet.
http://www.youtube .com /watch?v=4CTy7Nx0oPI (remove spaces)

Paul2007 22 April, 2010 @ 11:35 am   126

This is good as when comparing Trophies the list can go mad when exiting a particular game list.

Are we ever going to be able to create custom folders and subfolders within under [PHOTO], [MUSIC] and [VIDEO]?

Apnomis 22 April, 2010 @ 11:44 am   127

@ MrNumnuts the fact of the matter is any potential lost profit from you telling your mum and dad not to buy a Sony TV will be dwarfed by the huge cost savings made from not having to plug holes in the OtherOS function and not having a big problem with pirated software.

If Sony lose a dozen or so Linux hardcore users that apparently bought a next-gen games console to use Linux as it’s primary function then so be it – it’s a small small price for them to pay to keep the PS3 secure.

The fact is 98% of PS3 owners really don’t care, if the vocal minority can’t accept it an move on they should sell their PS3 buy an Xbox360 and leave the rest of the PS3 community to get on with life.

You bought a product – that product is unchanged. You also subscribe to a service – that service requires an update to the product to continue use. If you were that bothered about having a Linux PS3 you would just not update, and if necessary get another PS3 to use for the PSN service. You download the firmware, you accept the terms, you confirm removal of Linux – there is no legal case to be answered…

offshore08 22 April, 2010 @ 11:50 am   128

i think the 3D gaming is really cool, but i wont be able to get a 3D tv just yet, wont be able to afford one. what i would love to see is for an update for when u play ps1 games so they dont look as blocky, be nice if there was an update to smooth it all out. and also for cross gaming chat.:)

Miss2912 22 April, 2010 @ 11:52 am   129

Very nice update, hope better features are on their way coming to us ;) Thanks for always let us be the first to know, even if it costs u some white night ;)

In 3.30 is a 3D game update but no blu-ray 3D update. I maybe wrong but ent there more movies in 3D then games. And Sony your £99 glassis only last 100hrs most play games upto 5 to 8 hrs a day. You work out how long before you need to spend £99 again. 3D movie sounds better to me then games. So do it sony you will sell more TV’s as we love PS3 for it’s blu-ray as well as games

maninashed 22 April, 2010 @ 12:11 pm   132

You bought a product – that product is unchanged.
————————————————————————

I bought a product that COULD have another operating system installed. THAT PRODUCT HAS CHANGED.

BigBenMan 22 April, 2010 @ 12:17 pm   133

WARNING: Do not install firmware 3.30 on a PS3 slim. It bricked Wireless and Blue-tooth functionality on my Slim CECH-2004B.
Cannot connect controller without usb cable and Wireless remains responsive (green led stays completely off).
My 40GB Fat CECH G04 was unaffected.

So stay clear until SONY fixes this mess.

maninashed 22 April, 2010 @ 12:19 pm   134

@Apnomis

Write a letter to the head office of the company you bought your PlayStation 3 off.

Mention Sale Of Goods Act 1979

Tell them your PS3 used to be able to operate as a computer but now it can’t.

You may also mention that it was one of the reasons you bought a PS3 insread of an XBox

Tell them you want a refund

Tell them you want a reply int 2 weeks

See what response you get back

www .consumerdirect .gov .uk

PS3 can’t download any game updates anymore after installing firmware 3.30.
Tried with Uncharted 2 patch 1.07, when I start the game I get the message that update 1.07 is available but when I choose to download the update the PS3 reboots. tried this several times.
I have a 80GB ‘FAT’

BigBenMan 22 April, 2010 @ 12:28 pm   136

just a quick follow up to my warning on post #133:

Slim was on standby now for at least 10 minutes, just turned it back on (via console switch) and the wireless board turned itself miraculously back on. Reconnected controller via USB cable, disconnected cable and controller maintains functionality.

Hope this helps anyone.

Carnivius_Prime 22 April, 2010 @ 12:31 pm   137

How do I get trophies ordered the way they were in Compare Trophies before I installed this update? I can’t seem to order it anymore so that all the games I don’t have that my friend does are at the bottom. Now if I do by date it lists for example Final Fantasy XIII at the top if I do compare with a particular friend. I’ve no interest in FFXIII’s trophies as I don’t ever want that game. I only care about the trophies in games both PS3 users have.

Carnivius_Prime 22 April, 2010 @ 12:32 pm   138

@135
That happened to me last night when updating Uncharted 2 and it was before this firmware update. And it happened previous with an Uncharted 2 update a while ago. I restarted and tried again and Uncharted 2 updating fine and I was playing it last night.

Elim_Garak 22 April, 2010 @ 12:32 pm   139

I was scared about a potential forthcoming update.
I was scared because I decided not to install any “post-3.21″ firmware to mantain Linux on my PS3.
I was scared because I thought they were going to release some wonderful features to “push the resistance” to upgrade.

Phewww… I’m not scared anymore.
;-)

Lisek_PL 22 April, 2010 @ 12:35 pm   140

whehe is Cross Game Voice chat! Nobody wants updates, that add nothing! We want Voice Chat !

snakeisnotdead 22 April, 2010 @ 12:44 pm   141

after the update my dragon age origins game is freezing all the time…. it never happened … i have de 80gb fat model….

mrgreaper2004 22 April, 2010 @ 12:58 pm   142

oh cool i can sort my trophys out YAY…. and when the 3d tv us mortals cant afford comes out i can play in 3d WOW this totaly makes up for you removing 50% of my ps3s functionality when you stole otherOS from me!

^please note the above was sarcasm

WHAT WE NEED,

Cross game chat

Video codecs to play mkv (you know the fairly common format hd camcorders such as mine record in…the one fully supported by linux you removed)

Ability to convert video for the psp (you know like what we could do with the linux you removed)

A decent browser (say like firefox..you know the one we used to use on that linux you stole from us)

some decent pricing
section 8 £19.99 …for a download only game ?!?! thats over a year old nearly two !?!? lol yeah right

wallhugger 22 April, 2010 @ 1:07 pm   143

I still haven’t updated to 3.21 myself, and this update doesn’t look nearly interesting enough to consider throwing otheros away. Hence I won’t even think about installing this. Not I’ve even stopped using my ps3 after the other/OS joke (and I’m a big burnout:paradise and playstation home fan).

Scooby4ever 22 April, 2010 @ 1:11 pm   144

A feauture to see your friends status on a game when you have clicked on the trophy icon. I understand that having many friends would indeed make this imposible but maybe have so you can have 5 friends you want to compare with. Because surfing in on website is so slow to compare atleast similar feature would be cool inside your ps3.

zippyonline1 22 April, 2010 @ 1:33 pm   145

If George Hotz didn’t hack the ps3 we would still have the otherOS functionality, i’m not mad at sony i’m mad at the little so in so called Hotz.

Wow thats a little of nothing!

Why do I want this and not all the stuff we really want?

Why is someone working on……this?

When my system is ready for 3d do you also deliver a enabled tv, jou just stole my linux pc so…..

X_Weapon 22 April, 2010 @ 1:52 pm   147

There are too many new firmware every week Sony…

Release one at month (or one every 2 months) with more functions than one at week without nothing useful.

maninashed 22 April, 2010 @ 1:56 pm   148

————————————————————————————————

The PS3 was essentially hacked in January so in April they remove Other OS. Let’s be honest it was a simple flick of a switch it could have been implemented in a week, they didn’t even have the decency to clean up and give back the 10GB space used if you had installed Linux.

If you do a little research you’ll also find that six months earlier in July they released a PS3 that was aimed at research establishments that PS3 had the ability to install another operating system.

The recent claims from George Hotz that he has created custom firmware that reenables Other OS is done via the PUP update files nothing to do with Linux or Other OS.

Do you not think that hacking and piracy is just an excuse they are using to remove a feature, maybe to sell specialised PS3′s at silly prices?

The removal of Other OS had nothing to do with hacking or piracy.

Really liked the ability to sort Trophies by grade, but I would love to be able to sort the Trophy Collection Game list by completion rate.

For example; Group all games with a 100% completion rate at the bottom (or top) to more easily see all games in which I still have trophies to earn (or have completed).

It does get quite tedious going through a list of (as of now) close to 100 different games to see if there’s more to earn or not. Also, replaying an already 100% completed game and having it jump to the top of the trophy collection is a bit of an eyesore in that perspective.

Thank you for reading.

SmoothWitItcris 22 April, 2010 @ 3:17 pm   150

This is Ridiculous..As far as buddy chats, and as far has party chats..Xbox has PS3 on lock. They make it much easier to communicate with other users. I hear people asking for platform cross over chat..I think that is dub considering that pS3 hasnt even made it user friendly yet with its own platform chatting. We need private chats. weather your in a game or not.

divine1000 22 April, 2010 @ 3:17 pm   151

WARNING: After I updated to v3.30 I started getting a really sharp stabbing pain in my right shoulder. I unplugged my PSEye, HDMI & controllers and after about 5 hours the pain started to subside.
DO NOT UPDATE YOUR 60GB FAT PS3, I AM CURRENTLY WRITING TO WATCHDOG!!!

luckio 22 April, 2010 @ 3:27 pm   152

“It only does Everything” lmfao

sprint900 22 April, 2010 @ 3:33 pm   153

I have had to block my PS3 from updating so I don’t lose otherOS which I use for experimenting with (ubuntu) linux – it also has a useful browser. So, now I am now unable to access my PSN Store account, so I have some credit in limbo, how can I claim it back as I cannot use it now? So please bring otheros back!

In the meantime, here’s some suggestions for features I actually want:

* better codec support in DLNA client for music and videos
* faster DLNA client
* allow media playback to access material saved by playTV
* better browser – mozilla or webkit based please
* skype
* DLNA server so you can access media on PS3 from other computers

Whilst mentioning playTV, please can you:
* make it work with a keyboard, I can drive XMB with usb keyboard, why not playTV?
* allow any TV shows to be accessed from main screen XMB
* allow any TV shows to be played on PSP whether running playTV or not
* roll out out freeviewHD/DVB-T2
* allow additional tuners, or allow recording two shows at once

PS. When looking at a profile (be it a friends or your own) the “last 8 trophies earned” section could use an upgrade in feedback. Simply showing the icon of the trophy really doesnt say much about which trophy it infact represents. As more and more games only use different icons for different grades (bronse, silver, gold and platinum).

It would be nice to be able to hightlight each trophy icon of this section and get a minor (or full) description of say what game it is from, the grade, name and description of the trophy, and when it was earned. As today, simply seeing a trophy icon you have never seen before it can get quite bothersome trying to find out which one it is since you may not have any indication of even what game it belongs to.

Another thought, how about a stats-page?
You know how much many of us just love to look at stats. Throw in what you want, time spent playing game X, total play time overall, idle time, number of times pressed Square, time spent looking at stats, total uptime… you name it! =)

Thank you for reading.

born2destroy 22 April, 2010 @ 4:07 pm   155

I like this feature as its easier to sort trophies etc. But come on Sony how long have we been waiting for cross game chat? after the upset with the removal of OS feature you could have lifted our spirits by releasing cross game chat. Some people are still not updating as they are waiting for GEHOT [DELETED] to release custom firmware which would have OS feature still their. If you put cross game chat in this update or one soon it would make lots of people update so then would not be able to install this custom firmware. Do you not agree? thanks b2d

ForrestGump1992 22 April, 2010 @ 4:10 pm   156

Nice… but maybe you could be working on getting the stuff that we have wanted since the thing was released.

Would go down better with us than removing stuff that it came with and then hoping well forget about it when you mention 3D in the next update. Greedy Guts! Just doing stuff to make yourself money. I for one will make sure I don’t buy a Sony 3D tv :)

patate12 22 April, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   157

OMG where is Other OS ???
What feature are you going to delete next ?

zepala 22 April, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   158

Whow SONY, what is happening to your stock ?

In one month, you loose more than 10%

Is it the counterpart of abusing your customers ?

Snakeman94 22 April, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   159

bring back other os , change the xmb, we need the cross game chat, we want the 3D. Give those stuffs to me and i will be a ps3 fan again

SlasHo_2k 22 April, 2010 @ 5:13 pm   160

Another CRAP UPDATE….

I know they DON’T REALLY CARE about this posts…

but.. if you “DO”…

This is what we NEED, WE BUY YOUR CONSOLE! WE USE IT!!

- CROSS GAME CHAT
- BETTER BROWSER (even opera mobile its better than ps3)

Regards…
A dissaponted PS3 USER.

morris118 22 April, 2010 @ 5:56 pm   161

Another good update for PS3 here, I look forward to trying this out later, if only other users would realise how good these updates are and shut up about cross game chat, if that feature is coming we will hear about it! until then enjoy the FREE updates that we are getting for the best console on the market today! :-)

TKC-Muzzer 22 April, 2010 @ 6:14 pm   162

WOW, WOW, WOW. The amount of moaners on here is amazing. Do you really think Sony are going to implement something big with E3 around the corner. I was looking at the trophies the other day and thought they need to sort these out as there is a lot of them. So for me it’s nice. The PS3 is primarily a games machine and as long as it does that why is everyone moaning, all else is a bonus.

DJSlime 22 April, 2010 @ 6:34 pm   163

Awesome update.

I hope you guys add the option to sort individual games however you want though.

Like being able to move Modern Warfare 2 next to the other Call of Duty games or moving all your finished games together.

HuntingFever 22 April, 2010 @ 6:44 pm   164

Morris118 You are 100% right! To All the moaners who are [DELETED] about the Other OS feature being removed GET OVER IT!!! If you want to use linux (or any other OS for that matter) download it and install it on your computer as that what they are there for! If it wasn’t for the rampant piracy and hacking this feature would never have been removed and Sony wouldn’t have to introduce the Auto update feature!

The only features I want to see are:

1: The ability to remove games from your list that only have 0-5% on them

2: A more stable Browser or remove it all together

4: Be able to add someone to your Block list directly

jfsebastian 22 April, 2010 @ 7:56 pm   165

I rely on the PS3 browser so I certainly hope it isn’t removed. One question though, since the update I’ve noticed that cookies keep getting wiped every time I close the browser. I have to keep logging in to the various sites I visit. Anyone else noticed this?

Blasteroids 22 April, 2010 @ 7:58 pm   166

My phat will remain offline at 3.15.

That is all.

vanguard1917 22 April, 2010 @ 8:00 pm   167

PS3 is not a democracy, folks. I’m gutted about the loss of Linux support too, but quit demanding more features, SCE do not have a duty of care to any of us, if they want to only add small features like this, that is up to them, you bought their product and you pretty much got what you paid for. I think it’s great that SCE keeps giving us all these updates, they are completely free, trophies for example, where would we be without them? Yet when you bought your console there is a good chance there was no trophy feature, this is true for most PS3 users, their machines are now far better than when they bought them, so we have no right to whine about the lack of chat features, or interface updates. Be happy that these people are willing to work to death to make the best games machine in the world even better.

Long live the Sony PlayStation!

AnimaOnline 22 April, 2010 @ 8:21 pm   168

There seems to be an annoying oversight in the recent Trophy adjustments which I’d love to see get fixed.

Currently when you view a set of Trophies for a game in you Trophy Collection and sort them as “Earned Date (UP)” it’ll display your oldest Trophy at the top and get progressionally get newer as you go further down. Below all of this are your unearned trophies right at the very bottom. I personally love this method as it makes seeing my earned trophies in order a breeze.

The problem is, when you go to Compare Trophies with another user this same sorting method is displaying, annoyingly enough, very differently. In Compare Trophies the sorting method “Earned Date (UP)” displays your unearned trophies at the top very top above your earned Trophies. This means I now have to scroll right down before I can actually compare any trophies.

I would really appropriate if this small oversight could get addressed as the sorting method of “Earned Date (UP)” as seen in Trophy Collection really makes trophy viewing a lot neater and easier.

rock438 22 April, 2010 @ 8:24 pm   169

I do not really see a difference.
What I would really like is voice chat during gameplay like the Xbox360.
I hate stopping my game and having to type a message.
Please think about this and make it happen

dsl278 22 April, 2010 @ 8:31 pm   170

Dang, what’s with all this 3D silliness lately… so lame to fake it (poorly) when all you need to do is look around you to experience the real deal for free!!!

Just saying… ;)

Bonyman 22 April, 2010 @ 8:33 pm   171

For those can’t post using your PS3 browser – you can.
Go to Tools ->Javascript ->Off. That’ll sort it. :-)

Bonyman 22 April, 2010 @ 8:49 pm   172

I have to say i was mulling over the update, the browser update in particular appealed to me and what with the vidzone update etc i was considering biting the bullet and updating one of my phats.
But reading this blog it appears there may be good reason not to rush into anything too soon. And comments from fellow OtherOs supporters have warmed my heart.
It’s a good day to be 3.15 :-)

HEATROC25 22 April, 2010 @ 9:19 pm   173

I have one of the old ps3′s from when they first came out out. I just used the system update today and now It will not play any of my ps2 games and is constantly freezing. is there anyway to fix this or someone to complain to to get this fixed asap. I’d greatly appreciate the help.

orcywoo6 22 April, 2010 @ 9:39 pm   174

To all those complaining about 3d tvs being expensive.

You can get 3d compatible monitors with hdmi support for about £170 so you can easily get a monitor to play 3d ps3 games.

ScagFest 22 April, 2010 @ 9:57 pm   175

Look, just copy the way xbox live does friends and multiplayer chat, it’s the main weak point with the PS3 right now.

Oh, and the XMB is really cluttered now with the whats new tabs, looked so much better before. At least give me the choice to turn them off.

orcywoo6 22 April, 2010 @ 10:10 pm   176

I agree with Scagfest. The whats new tab is useless anyway because its just easier to head into the psn store and just check the latest tab; Multiplayer chat is also a must.

I’m fed up with sony at the moment, as much as I love you guys you really need to start listening to your fans. I am fed up with almost every comment being some sort of complaint nearly every time there is an update you guys really need to get your brains into gear!

snowman50deep 22 April, 2010 @ 10:22 pm   177

Sony PlayStation 3 it only use to do every thing.my grand total when i paid for my ps3 in 06 was $800 i got the receipt to prove it this was my other computer.one day Sony came by and stole it.what can i do i have prof of perches for what they took from me.on top of the fact that there costumer support sux they don’t help with nothing for examp.iv gone threw 6 ps3 they all had the red blinking light of death.now i have to ps3′s but i can’t download my user name because it say’s 5 or more user’s are activated.but you can’t deactivate your account when you get the red blinking light of death.well i sent the proof of perches of all the ps3 and they said they deactivated the accounts but they did not. i call all the time and they tell me sorry snowman50deep but we already did this one time for you.we cant help you out.i spent over $5,000 in a few years and i got the receipt to prove it were is my costumer support i and many people who paid lot’s of money for there ps3 in 06 are getting the shaft and all iv done is be a devoted customer and spend money on Sony products.we are the little people you step on to get were your at now.help us out please

MRgreen55 23 April, 2010 @ 12:10 am   179

When you guys going to make a Update where every one can play ps2 games on there ps3???????

dogtanian84 23 April, 2010 @ 12:44 am   180

I’m getting serious problems with my PS3 since updating it never signs in anymore I keep getting a ‘check your settings’ message I reboot the system then it signs in fine. My dual shock 3 pad wont sync with the ps3 the lights just keep flashing even when I have it plugged in with a USB lead the lights blink 4 times then go out, so I can no longer switch the ps3 on with the pad.

I’m hoping someone from Sony reads this and gets in touch or atleast takes note of these problems that I’m having.

Bonyman 23 April, 2010 @ 1:39 am   181

@wbrinkman : I’ve tidied up your link as there’s some interesting comments there..

mannylfye411 23 April, 2010 @ 6:10 am   182

like foreal they need to add updates to where u can play music during game play and also have the internet speed into 3g or something. One last thing is make the 250 gb and 120 gb playable for ps2 update cause the current ones doesnt work on the newer slim console of the ps3 or make it where u can copy the ps2 game on to the system or at least make remakes like the gow collection but if you release old ps2 games on to the ps3 into blu ray format tweek the graphics up and make the old ps2 games look like blu ray similar to god of war 3 or gta 4 please give me feed back sony

BonkDeHond 23 April, 2010 @ 7:22 am   183

I mean trophies? Gee Whiz

I thought this was an entertainment system. I paid 599 euros for such functionality when it was new. Apparently not.

The browser is so outdated as to be useless on most sites. There are a whole load of popular codecs that aren’t supported. If you don’t update then bluray discs won’t play in future. Other OS was used by a whole load of people to cover up Sony’s hopelessly outdated firmware and media support e.g. via VLC & firefox.

As for “preps the PS3.”

What BS. What do you need to “prepare?”

When the feature’s really ready, ship it in a future update.

If it isn’t ready what’s the point???

Just trying to keep some gullible users sweet with a story of “jam tomorrow.”

BonkDeHond 23 April, 2010 @ 7:55 am   184

Oh by the way: every time Sony sends out a firmware update there’s a (small) proportion of systems that fail and are unrecoverable. The more frequently Sony do updates, the more chance there is that your system will turn into a brick. Not to mention the amount of time taken to do an update (it isn’t implemented as an incremental patch, but a complete re-flash).

Sony: I used to have a lot of respect for your developers. They really pushed the envelope and delivered super stable cutting-edge systems. Not sure if they’ve changed, or if their management has changed, but this is not the way to run a successful franchise.

PS2.5 is going downhill fast.

NavahoGL 23 April, 2010 @ 8:15 am   185

Wow, it seems that Sony does not need any hackers to hurt their brand — they can do just fine by themselves!

peoplekiller97 23 April, 2010 @ 9:34 am   186

does anyone know how big the latest system update is? please reply because i really wanna play online and i havent played in a month. thanks

Sp4reNL 23 April, 2010 @ 10:16 am   187

Alright, Ive seen the update working. First of all, it is not that bad, but it should have been called 3.22.

The order by trophy should also have something like “move this title up/down”.
The same goes for the friends list, you can only order on online-offline and name. I want to order them manually “move this user up/down”.

As said, it is not that bad, but I still want an upgrade at the browser (eurosport live is not supported). And I don’t like the TOS ;-). And I think this is not the full change-log of this firmware update?

Mark, let us know what you think of our feedback.

maninashed 23 April, 2010 @ 10:30 am   188

And I think this is not the full change-log of this firmware update?
——————————————————————————–

I’m inclined to agree with you. I bet there’s a whole raft of things that come with this update Sony don’t want you to know about. Why is sorting of trophies and 3DTV support a mandatory update?

Basically after 3.21 I personally do not trust Sony anymore.

My Phat 3.15 will stay that way.

t_mc007 23 April, 2010 @ 10:38 am   189

Things sony need to bring out in order for me / us to forgive them on the other os remove is as follows

1. Need broswer updated

2. Need to play your own music while in a game.

3. The flash player needs to be updated, can’t watch half the things.

4. Cross game chat.

5. Let’s see how well sony listen to the customer ?????????????

You can find very impressive statistics here :

And you can report YLOD here :

Seems like there is a problem with the tiny url, so get the full url :

ZenithPlacidity 23 April, 2010 @ 11:58 am   193

No .MKV support? You guys need to finish your deal with the DivX devil so we can play a wider range of file types on our “does everything” playstation 3′s.

kurion84 23 April, 2010 @ 12:11 pm   194

Anybody else not feeling the love for 3d gaming? I hate the way 3d is being exploited at the moment, its a gimmick like the video phones and pogs, WHO in all fairness wants to sit in their room wearing bulky specs liking like some Joe90 through-back, don’t buy into this…”well I suppose I would like to call it a cheap trick but it’s gonna cost us a bucket load.

SmoggyPhil 23 April, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   195

No Cross Game Chat, No OtherOS capabilities..BUT WE GET TO ORGANIZE OUR TROPHIES IN ORDER!! WE ARE AT THE PINNACLE OF ENTERTAINMENT!!!

Bull$h1t. Aside from the 0.01% of PS3 users who can afford 3D televisions, this update is a useless waste of time, and rather than taking chances with INNOVATIVE updates, Sony add more $h1t to their mountain of cr@p.

No wonder my PS2 is overheating, Sony has truly messed up the PS3.

HuntingFever 23 April, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   196

I wish everyone would stop focusing on the trophy aspect of this update as it added/fixed few other issues as well:

3D Support for games
Trophy Sorting Options (including small change to display of hidden trophies)
New version of Flash Player for the browser
Fix to problem with playing region-free Blu-rays
Developer-side tweaks to the SDK to improve future games
Support for Mixed Bitstream soundtracks
Option to use Remote Play via a PC

So all in all a reasonable update though I would like to have seen a few other features added e.g. being able to delete games with only 0-5% on them and various other things>

bigdaveg 23 April, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   197

I’m having technical issues since updating firmware!!!

Seem to be having problems switching my console on using the controller! 3 out of the last 4 times I switched on since the update I have ended up having to get up and switch the console on manually using the button on the console. Then when I switched it on the xmb was frozen (ie not just that I could not use cos of an issue with the pad but also online stuff was not updating like coming soon etc.
This is not the controller because I have Sony BT remote and that has same issues. Did notice that the 4 lights on the controller kept flashing instead of choosing player 1.
Has anyone else had similar issues or is it just me???
Sony people care to comment if you are reading this blog? (although judging the content of recent firmware I’m guessing probably not!!!)

bigdaveg 23 April, 2010 @ 5:15 pm   198

oh, and read somewhere about flash being upgraded????

Well, still can’t use ITV player, 4OD or seesaw in the UK so if it has it’s a pointless one.
For me this would be my number one update so that I have access to catch up from all main (free) UK channels on my telly without having to subscribe to virgin tv.

My second main feature I would like is a more accessible browser such as Opera. The one I use on my aino is great, easy to use and you can share favourites from you main computer. I sure the makers of Opera would be interested in anything that makes people more familiar with their browsers. (Also I remember reading somewhere that Opera runs with very small RAM requirements compared to competitors which is always a prob with PS3!)

bigdaveg 23 April, 2010 @ 5:26 pm   199

The 3D issue is not really worth discussing at the moment.

Obviously Sony have invested millions developing 3D tvs so will be doing everything they can to make them mainstream so that they can turn them into profit. Adding functionality to PS3 was a no brainer. Hey, worked for bluray!

At the moment Smoggy Phil is right, hardly anyone can afford one and therefore hardly anyone will use this feature. However when Sony has got these flying out the door in couple of years so that they can start selling them a bit cheaper and your sat immersed in the 3D world of resistance 4 or driving at breakneck speed in GT5 etc I think that will be when the wisdom of 3D gaming will become apparent.
Lets face it I can’t see tv or films being the winning 3D tv app as most people want to relax and watch tv/films (difficult to relax with cumbersome glasses on!). Gamers however will go to such lengths to get the best gaming experience!

fleinn 23 April, 2010 @ 5:42 pm   200

Huntingfever: “3: Some way to stop people from opening multiple accounts in different countries just so they can cheat the system and get content that’s not avaliable to them”

Yeah. That’s at least as useful as removing OtherOS. So this one goes to the top of the list for Sony, most likely :D

ForrestGump1992 23 April, 2010 @ 7:37 pm   201

erm.. @post 161. ‘Another good update for PS3 here, I look forward to trying this out later’ Yeah… your meant to “try it out” before you start saying if its any good or not.

OGroteKoning 23 April, 2010 @ 8:09 pm   202

Gee phanks $ony … you are the bestest ever!!!! I love the way I can now play with trophies instead of x-game chat, b/compatibilty and all the other stuff people asked for which you ignored and then got angry when hackers tried to do something to listen to the call you selectively are not hearing …

OGroteKoning 23 April, 2010 @ 8:12 pm   203

THE OBLY REASON YOU PRODUCED A MANDATORY UPDATE IS TO FORCE PEOPLE TO ACCEPT YOUR NEWEST SET OF ONE-SIDED TERMS OF SERVICE …. WHY LARRY … WHY??!!

OGroteKoning 23 April, 2010 @ 8:14 pm   204

perhaps you should employ some competent programmers to include user-desired functionality instead of rubbish you think up during comfort breaks in the office

OGroteKoning 23 April, 2010 @ 8:16 pm   205

problem is … even here you couldn’t care less about what people think or say or ask … if you did (and here is the challenge), why do you not tell users why they can’t get what they want included in firmware … do you have the guts???

HuntingFever 23 April, 2010 @ 9:57 pm   206

Sheesh I cannot believe the number of trolls and general whingers there are on this blog at the moment! If you’re that upset about the removal of some minor and insignificant options then write to them through the proper channels instead of [DELETED] about it here where they won’t even see it!

I for one am grateful that Sony are even bothering to update the PS3 with things that are even 1/2 useful as Microsoft and Nintendo have released nothing rubbish and general clutter over the last 3 years. Alright so Sony Cocked it up big time with the 3.00 and 3.10 updates and the Trophy Sync issue but at least they bothered to fix what they broke and in double quick time where as Microsoft took 4 MONTHS to fix the infamous NXE HDMI problem 2 years ago!

JabarSmith 23 April, 2010 @ 10:33 pm   207

i cant wait for cheaper 3d tv’s and cheaper 3d glasses!!! :)

SirBennett 24 April, 2010 @ 2:28 am   208

I have a 60″ Mitsubishi 3D TV, and Nvidias 3D vision hooked up to it, but I cannot find the place in the software to turn on the 3D. I know the 3D works with the PC through the HDMI port, but I see nothing in the settings.

vicheous 24 April, 2010 @ 9:02 am   209

@ SirBennet

Well i can tell you why you dont see it! It’s not there yet! The update only readys the PS3 it does not enable it(i think)… At least not yet!

Darkfoo_ 24 April, 2010 @ 10:53 pm   210

New updates are always welcome and I appreciate the work that goes into all the nitty gritty details but is there ever going to be anything done with the media player?! I mean its a fairly prominent part of the the ps3! If you think its not worth the effort Im sure a lot of people would happily spend that little bit they have left on psn cards etc on a new visualizer instead of a “premium” wallpaper which they could download free off the internet themselves!

Pure_Mind_Games 25 April, 2010 @ 3:10 am   211

I like that you’ve finally added trophy sorting how ever I was hoping for a bit more variety, I’d love to be able to put my “never gonna happen” games together at the bottom (or even the ability to delete them all together) of my list, followed by my platinum and 100% games and finally the one’s I’m working on, of course for that to work it would have to stop moving the games trophy list to the top (at least if the plat has been gotten).

pinkypou 25 April, 2010 @ 11:10 am   212

hi Mark Bowles,

I have upgraded to firmware 3.3 and now Dragon Age is freezing every time I launch it (after 10 mins approx). Other blogs seem to validate the problem. How could I report that to Sony ?

(http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-Updates/Firmware-3-30-freezes-Dragon-Age-origins/m-p/45572937)

Thanks

Ion-Storm 25 April, 2010 @ 12:01 pm   213

AAAAHHHHH my flatmates brother updated my PS3 at the weekend and I’ve lost 3.15 and other OS :( Reckon there is any chance Sony will upgrade me to 3.15 if I send my console back? :P

Sunworshiper77 25 April, 2010 @ 4:55 pm   214

Good. We need a trophy system update. The current one is terrible.

As for 3D gaming…. I’m not sold on it yet either.

Maybe when they make monitors that are compatible and affordable?

Maybe.

smeghead95 25 April, 2010 @ 11:29 pm   215

tbh its a little boring the playstaion not having the feature where u can play music while gaming like the 360 ma mate on his 360 is always blastin his tunes while hes on gta i was wondering could you make this feature for the ps3 in the next pdate please..

Technane 26 April, 2010 @ 8:46 am   216

One thing I would really really really like to see on Trophys is the ability to delete ones from games you have rented / borrowed.
that are a massive annoyance if you know 100% you are never going to achieve past the 1%

Technane 26 April, 2010 @ 8:47 am   217

@smeghead95 – You can do this with Burnout Paradise. just hit custom soundtrack then you can play anything on your HD.

GreatOldCthulhu 26 April, 2010 @ 9:13 am   218

“Dear” Sony,

Bring back “Other OS” or [url=http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/GTFO]GTFO[/url]!

GreatOldCthulhu 26 April, 2010 @ 9:14 am   219

Lol – lame page! Doesn’t even understand simple url-tags.

blankzebra 26 April, 2010 @ 10:51 am   220

!ATENTION! I had updated (forced by you, SONY!) to 3.30 and now the games are FREEZING randomly! What did you do?!! Now what do I do??? !ATENTION!

blankzebra 26 April, 2010 @ 11:03 am   221

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T H E C O N S O L E I S F R E E Z I N G A F T E R T H I S U P D A T E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scitchy 26 April, 2010 @ 12:10 pm   222

I would like to see the ability to group your friends in the friendlist. plus be able to send group messages to them to make it easier for clans to communicate instead of using a different forum or something that not everybody will use and so on.

so categorize friendlist!

Scitchy 26 April, 2010 @ 12:39 pm   223

@ blankzebra

that have happend to me randomly all the time since I bought it. after all the ps3 is a computer and it can freeze.

drwpetu 26 April, 2010 @ 1:58 pm   224

I have never had any problem before. After update I can’t play dragon age origins without console is freezing at some point. Remind me a good times when I have windows X on my computer.

When will cross game chat be included, something like how XBL has (party), quite annoying to be able to chat to a friend only in the chatroom.
When will we be able to play music WHILE playing games online. If Xbox can do it then surely Sony can reply to that?
Just some basic stuff that needs to be done and we will be happy.

ExcuuuseME 26 April, 2010 @ 2:08 pm   226

We really need the latest Adobe Flash player

tidyboy0558 26 April, 2010 @ 3:39 pm   227

Sony. why do you even have this blog ? You guys only respond to the positive comments. When you get critic, the only respons we get is a ban or comment deleted. It’s kind of how they does it i China, not EU.

Pure_Mind_Games 26 April, 2010 @ 11:18 pm   228

Ability to Delete Trophies, or I shoot this puppy… OK it’s only a toy but someone is bound to be upset.

scoobydoo1891 27 April, 2010 @ 5:42 pm   229

Hi guys I had the same issue after update remote controller wasn’t working .
when I contacted Playstation this morning they were supprised “they never heard of this issue before “.I told the dude that their own forum was already posting about this issue. After a minute (consulting his collegue) he confirmed that they recieved feedback on this in the Netherlands.

SOLUTION: Restore standard system settings and reset controller … Guess what IT WORKS …. hope this hels you guys …at least fort the remote controller…

cheerioz

Sven_Viking 28 April, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   230

If anyone in the UK who has a problem with:
- Removal of OtherOS
- Problems caused by firmware update that Sony demands payment to fix
or
- EULA for this mandatory update saying that, if Sony bricks your console with an automatic update, it’s your problem

… you may want to mention it to Watchdog. They won’t take a story until a certain number of people complain. Publicity is the only thing that might, possibly, get Sony’s attention.

bbc . co . uk /watchdog/gotastory/

DrAgOn_2die4 29 April, 2010 @ 9:32 am   231

thats all pointless we need cross-game CHAT!!!

HuntingFever 29 April, 2010 @ 10:53 am   232

Everyone here needs a reality check!

1: The Other OS feature was a security threat and frankly was a pointless inclusion so I’m surprised they didn’t ditch it earlier.

2: Firmware updates only VERY, VERY rarely cause problems so if you’re having problems before you go off the deep end and start threatening lawsuits and boycotts (which don’t work anyway) use the recovery menu and if that doesn’t work, find a reputable independent console repairer if you don’t want to use Sony.

3: You didn’t have to accept the EULA for the new update, you could have said no and canceled the update, you just wouldn’t be able to use PSN or the latest games if you did!

HuntingFever 29 April, 2010 @ 3:47 pm   233

4: Cross-game chat will added if and when Sony decide they can do it and do it right and NOT before, wh*nging about it won’t make it come any faster. Everyone who’s ever used the Xbox equivalent of Cross-game chat will know just how buggy and downright unreliable it was until recently so I for one will not begrudge Sony a bit more time to work on it.

5: If there weren’t so many hackers around Sony wouldn’t have to introduce compulsory Auto updates so in future don’t take it out on Sony, take it out on the idiots that have done serious damage to our beloved hobby!

I prefer to hold my tongue until I am 100% sure that a particular company/update is to blame and even then I try to fix it myself before I start complaining about it. On the Subject of the DA:O fiasco at least Bioware and Sony are talking so it shouldn’t be long before a fix or 2 emerges so cut them some slack as even the best developers can make a game with a few ghosts in the code somewhere.

Pure_Mind_Games 29 April, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   234

@231, who’s “we”?

BonkDeHond 30 April, 2010 @ 11:57 am   235

@huntingfever “I’m no fanboy but I do take offence at people moaning about things they clearly no NOTHING about.”

Well with all due respect, you are also clearly not the best informed either.

Never mind the illegality of this move.

Without regular firmware upgrades (“choosing” to stick with 3.15) you’re also going to lose the ability to play future release of Blu-Ray discs offline, and playback of copyright-protected videos that are stored on a media server.

On the other hand if you do upgrade to 3.21 or 3.30, you are stuck with a crippled web browser that doesn’t keep anywhere near pace with any Linux flash or modern browser support like firefox, and a media player with much poorer codec support than say VLC.

Either way, this is pretty major loss of functionality for anyone who bought their PS3 as a combined gaming machine AND media center PC, which for me at least was a major part of the justification to shell out 599 euros at launch for a phat ps3.

HuntingFever 30 April, 2010 @ 1:32 pm   236

BonkDeHond:

The fact is rightly or wrongly Sony removed a feature because it represented a clear and present danger to the system, which also drove up development costs so Instead of getting angry with Sony focus your anger on the idiot that claimed he’d hacked the PS3′S OS!

Yes it’s annoying but no amount of complaining is going to bring The Other OS feature back! The Slims never had the Other OS feature to start with so I can say it was never missed by us Slim owners.

You’d have hard time proving your “illegality” point in any court of law as Sony as already reserved the right to add and remove features without prior notice and I quote:

“Such content, services or software may be downloaded automatically and without further notice when you sign into PSN, and may include automatic updates or upgrades which may change your current operating system and could cause loss of data or content, or loss of function or utility.” The bottom line is Sony can and will change the PS3′s features so get used to it and if don’t like it then TOUGH!

I am done with arguing now as I see some people still don’t get it so I will bid you good day.

zepala 30 April, 2010 @ 4:27 pm   237

@HuntingFever

False : SONY already have removed OtherOS on the SLIM, and it was 4 month before GeoHotz start talking about his hack ! This said, SONY can’t tell it was for a security issue, and can’t hide behing GeoHotz for this.

Undersand : EULA is not law. SONY can tell what they want, they don’t make laws. And the law is clear, SONY don’t have right to remove features after purchase.

Anyway, SONY will be sued in court. The law will tell the truth.

Sven_Viking 30 April, 2010 @ 8:35 pm   238

Yeah, three separate class-action suites have just been filed (or are being filed) over this. Sony lost the last couple of class-actions I heard about… it’ll be interesting to see how this goes.

Search Google News for “Sony Sued for Removing Linux Support‎”

hasafly 1 May, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   239

What about MKV support….

And exFat or ext3 or NTFS filesystem support….

YES, that would be a great advance……

Not this little and almost useless “updates”….

What you say?

TheHappyTurtle 1 May, 2010 @ 7:44 pm   240

For all those who kept receipt for the console and even the games you bought, there’s good news. After a few weeks of communication with Game, I got a £50 voucher in return for not returning my console and games for a 66% refund…Weird figure but it’s basically a percentage of the 6-years you’re expected to be able to enjoy a product.

I’m also guessing they’re considering the loss of future sales if I were to return the console and not buy any more games.

Game will now have to contact Sony to get the £50 off of them :)

Z1MZUM 5 May, 2010 @ 1:52 am   241

For everyone starting their comments with “to all those moaners”, Please edit to “To all you Gamers” Because all of you people are nothing but Consumers, Leave your misunderstandings on an iPhone blog

tidyboy0558 5 May, 2010 @ 4:17 pm   242

Feature-stealers….

rik_1983 9 May, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   243

1, needs better coms like xb’s party chat.instead of everyone eles trash talkin
2, messaging system in rubish as it take to long to find you messages from freinds and also deleting them need a short cut button. 3 when you press you ps button it take to long for everything to load up and find what you need as the swirling circles take forever.
4, better profiles

badcompany coms go rubish nw and again.
with these updates the console will bee much better and enjoy able espacaly the coms is the only manger problem i have after all i dnt wanna hear lil kids singin and being a pain, while i try and talk to my friends please make a private coms

thnx

Dogger_uk 11 May, 2010 @ 7:18 pm   244

Would someone please help me, my Internets ridiculous and when i try and update to the new software (3.30) my internet cuts out before its able to finish, so i downloaded the update on my pc and then put it on a USB and plugged it into the ps3, i chose to search for the software on a storage device but it wont find it? And we cant play on anything until it updates…its driving me mad! Plese help

alexinamerica123 19 May, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   245

please just update the Browser….. its awful