Posted 14 May

PSP Essentials

Hi All PSP Fans -

I want to let you know about a very exciting new range for all PSP users. We are re-releasing a range of must-have games for less called PSP Essentials. The first games in this new range release on 2nd of June across PAL territories*. These are all priced at €9.99 each and there will be more games to follow.

PSP Essentials

Available from your favourite games, electronics stores and supermarkets, PSP Essentials can also be downloaded direct to your PSP from PlayStation Store starting on 2nd of June.

For now, here is the list of launch titles to look out for:

• Daxter (platform)
  • Everybody’s Golf (sport)
  • LocoRoco (platform)
  • Medievil Resurrection (action/adventure)
  • Pursuit Force (action)
  • Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (platform)
  • Secret Agent Clank (platform)
  • WipEout Pulse (racing)
  • Patapon 2 (puzzle)
  • Buzz! Master Quiz (quiz)
  • EA SPORTS FIFA 09 (sport)
  • Fight Night Round 3 (sport)
  • Sims 2 (simulation)
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (adventure/platform)
  • Burnout Legends (racing)
  • Ben 10 Alien Force (action)
  • NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja Heroes 2 (action)
  • Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (action)
  • F1 2009 (racing)
  • Spongebob Yellow Avenger (platform)

*PSP Essentials will be available in Australia and New Zealand later this year.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

45 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Raider197365 14 May, 2010 @ 6:45 pm   1

Pretty good, I might pick up Ratchet & Clank and maybe Sims 2 after I read some reviews for it. Helps that the Essentials come out on my birthday too, PSN Cards a-plenty!

Generror 14 May, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   2

mmh where can i find What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?! on psn store?
aand where is the disgaea 2 dlc?

smokeypsd 14 May, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   3

…. Why is Australia and New Zealand later this year…. please….. Language barriers? Censorship issues?

Not cool… I need to constantly buy things from the US, now we cant even get digital discounts from SCEE on time? WHAAAT?

After Linux, are u trying to test my loyalty sony? because you seriously are. Sure, these arent a big issue taken in isolation, just old games being rereleased, but why on earth couldnt we at least get these “essentials” on psn so we can get the prices like the rest of the freaking territory we’re apart of.

AcidCrashX 14 May, 2010 @ 6:59 pm   4

wait these are 9.99 in shops and on the PSN Store? Whats the price in GBP?

PSP2 is coming right?
That’s why your lowering the prices? :D

We need digital version Socom tactical

Gameboys 14 May, 2010 @ 7:08 pm   7

sooooooooooo cool – nice prices… hope they’ll cost 9,99 in germany :)

can’t wait to play sims 2 :)

kassimmahmood 14 May, 2010 @ 7:17 pm   8

So how much will this be in pounds?? I hope its less than the 9.99…

Mayumi Donovan 15 May, 2010 @ 12:22 pm

Hi AcidCrushX and kassimmiahmood,
    the UK price will be £9.99.

lcmnick 14 May, 2010 @ 7:30 pm   9

Come on Sony, you’ve got to cut the price of the PSP. It’s out of control. The thing is over five years old.

THIS is great! I migh even have to rebuy some of the games that I traded in but want to have again. :D

runicdagaz 14 May, 2010 @ 9:34 pm   11

Pretty sweet, there are a couple of games I still wanted to try, and I already see 2 of those in this list. Once I finish what I have around here (a loooot of games to go…), maybe that list will have expanded. Fingers crossed.

Sure hope more PSP games in general will be added as well. PSP Go owners are aching for games to play. I’m not one of them, but I can imagine it ain’t fun…

Also, I’m going offtopic here, but where’s the Disgaea 2 DLC? A couple weeks back, it was said it was added to the PSN Store, but it’s nowhere to be found. Also, the game itself disappeared from the menu, but can still be found with the search function on the top of the PSN Store screen.

Ragnarok-NZ 14 May, 2010 @ 10:05 pm   12

I hope this promotion is available for all European countries [including good ole KSA].
At that price, I will be getting quite a few of those titles – including Secret Agent Clank :D

MaikelSteneker 14 May, 2010 @ 10:09 pm   13

@#9: five years ago it did a lot less and it cost a 100 euros more… unless you’re talking about the PSP Go, which is indeed overpriced.

These prices are definitely nice. It’s great to actually save money when downloading games instead of buying them on UMD.

sharpenedpixel 14 May, 2010 @ 10:40 pm   14

I see you have a Toro avatar, do you know if there are any plans to bring the Toro and Kuro dynamic themes to the European PSN Store? Thanks

can’t we have any great games like ATLUS psp games instead off all this launch date games and for what country’s are these cause most off the times you guys don’t include my country

@smokeypsd
After Linux, are u trying to test my loyalty sony?

no they just don;t care about you

spatsnaz 15 May, 2010 @ 8:08 am   17

Wipeout Pulse and Locoroco, nice!

iorkara 15 May, 2010 @ 9:19 am   18

How about Ridge Racer 1 or 2 for my PSP Go? FAIL. I have no idea why I bought a Go. I swear to God, I have not played a game in atleast 2 months because there are no games. make.fail

Ragnarok-NZ 15 May, 2010 @ 10:06 am   19

@18
Maybe you need to lower your expectations of what makes a “good” game and try out one of the 300+ titles already available on the PSN hmm?
Kthnxbai.

ninja2200 15 May, 2010 @ 10:20 am   20

New Zealand & Ausstralia are part of the world too! Around 24 million potential customers. Lots of money to be made.

Please stop ignoring us.

@2
Disgaea 2 DLC is already on the store :)

Cypherous 15 May, 2010 @ 11:20 am   22

Well its a nice start, since i have CFW on my PSP i’ve not really had to worry about waiting on release dates but its nice to see you’re trying to calm us down after the whole linux issue which stil won’t go away sony so just give it back, shame these are fairly old games :(

This is pretty awesome deal for my PSP Go, there are atleast 3 games that I’m after, so not bad Sony, not bad.

I know it’s impossible to affect which games are you going to bring over, but what about some strategy RPGs like Final Fantasy Tactics or Joan’D Arc? (Got both Disgaeas)

Sneachta 15 May, 2010 @ 11:32 am   24

I’m so fed up with PSN Europe. Great ! :( rereleased titles, mostly ones I’m not interested in or already have.
Sony please for the love of God release the U.S. or Asian content for the PSP onto the European PSN.
Jean D’Arc, one of the greatest PSP RPG titles, available everywhere except Europe, Metal Slug collection, an amazing shooter, available on all PSN’s except PSN Europe.
Why would I ever consider using PSN instead of buying the cheaper more readily available UMD’s !!! What is wrong with you guys !?!?!? Get more content for the PSP on PSN or the PSP really will die, look at all the alternatives coming on stream, iPAD (urgh), iPhone, Nintendo rolling out improved networking/online, Android, etc etc
If nothing else stick up Jeanne d’arc and metal slug … pleeeease !
K

runicdagaz 15 May, 2010 @ 12:01 pm   25

@21
I thought so too at first, but it’s actually DLC for Disgaea 3. The DLC name is just misleading. It contains characters of D2. :p

BalramRules 15 May, 2010 @ 12:14 pm   26

PSP 2 better be a revolutionizer!
To truly DESTORY the DS!

Alcest-Wizard 15 May, 2010 @ 12:22 pm   27

Secret Agent Clank? Does it mean that it will be available on PS Store? :D cool

sweetasman01 15 May, 2010 @ 3:03 pm   28

Oh great you are re-releasing platinum games for 3 pounds extra!

Akira_Tenshi 15 May, 2010 @ 3:28 pm   29

No doubt the box art will be ruined by some fugly label to discourage people from actually buying it.

Bovrillor 15 May, 2010 @ 6:53 pm   30

Great idea, but they’re all available cheaper in the shops. Plus us Brits are getting stiffed again, they should be about £8.50 not £9.99

I hope lots of people buy Wipeout Pulse now, as I’ve never seen another player online and would love some multiplayer action… that’s the reason I bought it after all. Fail.

Tenchion 16 May, 2010 @ 12:16 pm   31

Wow! I look forward to buy some of this games ! :)

hedges1001 16 May, 2010 @ 2:25 pm   32

woah naruto games for download i am pleasently surprised with sony

identity25 16 May, 2010 @ 3:13 pm   33

Not a bad deal for pspGO owners but most of the games can already be bough for under £10 on UMD format. I remember buying Buzz Master Quiz brand new from Argos when it was first released for £10!

aragod 16 May, 2010 @ 4:06 pm   34

@28 Some of us can’t buy the UMD versions (Go go PSP Go…)

timestoby 16 May, 2010 @ 5:01 pm   35

wow,you can get the umds for less and these games are easy to find on most stores,why couldnt there be more different range. why would you re-release the same range,didnt it sell the first time lol

i guess its good for the go users

da-wolfdude 16 May, 2010 @ 6:56 pm   36

Perfect!!! I just got my psp today! Go wolfdude, it’s your birthday!!

VictorAnalogy 17 May, 2010 @ 9:21 am   37

lol @ €=£. Nice try Sony…nice try.

SpitelordDekka 17 May, 2010 @ 11:06 am   38

Basic math:

€10 is NOT equal to £10.

Bovrillor 17 May, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   39

Poor SCEE, they never quite hit the mark do they? :P

At least the LBP content is reasonably priced and going strong (so far)

razordude 17 May, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   40

Sterling is not at parity with the euro.

igotmy9milli 18 May, 2010 @ 12:58 pm   41

You can buy most of these games for cheaper than that already…. Weird…

INFAXSU 19 May, 2010 @ 2:28 am   42

What’s a PSP 2? I’ve owned a PSP go for 3 months. XD

I’m EG-X’s bottom [DELETED].

DXPetti 26 May, 2010 @ 9:40 am   43

Fantastic move.

As a PSPgo owner Patapon 2 will be a instant get for me

EDIT: oh **** Australia has been delayed :(

Septimus78 2 June, 2010 @ 2:43 pm   44

Hi,

Today is 2nd of june, and no word on that in the Store Update… is it going to start today?

AcidCrashX 2 June, 2010 @ 6:54 pm   45

cant see the price changes on the site but the PSN update has gone live…? did this get delayed?