Posted 1 June

Buy A New PSPgo And Get 10 Free Games

If ever there was an incentive to take the plunge and buy a PSPgo, then here it is: if you buy or have bought one between 1 April 2010 and 30 September 2010 then you can download 10 top titles from PlayStation Store, absolutely free.

gt_psp_incentive_thumb_on_psp_store

The games on offer are:

All you have to do to claim your games is use your shiny new PSPgo to access PlayStation Store and download the PSPgo Theme from the Latest category. You will receive an email including a PlayStation Network Voucher Code that will let you download your ten free games.

For more details including full terms and conditions and the list of games for your country, visit eu.playstation.com.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

134 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
xchris2008x 1 June, 2010 @ 5:31 pm   1

hmmm why are you giving so many games away free?

addyjones1234 1 June, 2010 @ 5:34 pm   2

Think about us launch buyers?

remanutd5 1 June, 2010 @ 5:36 pm   3

wow , why SCEA doesnt have any PSP GO promotions ? 10 free games ? wow i already owned LBP , Motorstorm AE , GT but i would gladly take Wipeout pulse or GTA Vice City

jordanW241 1 June, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   4

They’re giving away so many games for free because the PSP Go is a sales flop… Seriously, I’ll be the first to defend PlayStation and Sony in any fanboy argument, but the PSP Go is a bit of a failure, if I am totally honest.

cool ! 10 ( REALLY good games ) for free !

nickjd331 1 June, 2010 @ 5:39 pm   6

I already have digital GTA, LBP and GT, but I wouldn’t mind many off that list.

dean1076 1 June, 2010 @ 5:40 pm   7

hi i a bit thick when it comes to reading t and c s mine was setup on the 22/5/10 with my ps3 acc (master) and purchased a couple of days before does that mean i qualify on the 9th to dl the theme for the code thanks for any help

almighty-slayer 1 June, 2010 @ 5:40 pm   8

Yes please. I am severely tempted…But don’t think i have the money!

raziel_3333 1 June, 2010 @ 5:42 pm   9

God, I feel like Sony just suckerpunched me. Stupid me ran to the store on day 1 and got the Go. Typical Sony, this was the last time I bought a system on launch from them!

TalllPaul 1 June, 2010 @ 5:45 pm   10

I am so gonna get one :-) My old PSP is on its last legs.

BawheidBob 1 June, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   11

Shame this is not a 3000 deal pspGO is fail

vonhammer 1 June, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   12

That’s a crazy deal,but the system doesn’t interest me apart from peace walker.

@ jordanW241

It does suggest dead system,I dont think Sony will be happy with Go’s sales,especially how each version of DS sells in comparison.
Also factor in Nintendo’s 3D handheld is revealed in two weeks time,it’s looking a worrying for the PSP right now.

nukester 1 June, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   13

not fair on us that brought this on day 1

chalky83 1 June, 2010 @ 5:50 pm   14

slightly tempted now, if I can find one for under £150 I’ll probably get one

hd2_1ht 1 June, 2010 @ 5:54 pm   15

O.o must check prices for PSP GO im in need of a replacement ever since my psp 2000 died

SlipperyFella 1 June, 2010 @ 5:56 pm   16

Not a bad deal at all! It does reek a little of desperation though :-P I’m still happy with my PSP 1000 though

MakulaTolkien 1 June, 2010 @ 5:59 pm   17

Way to punch the US gamers in the face Sony

BusterMachine19 1 June, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   18

This is really poor stuff guys – I understand wanting to try and push the go to new buyers, but to freeze out the people who bought early is very poor form. To be perfectly honest it’s pretty disgusting treatment, and I’m seriously considering whether I’ll support Sony products any further.

Here’s to hoping we get some form of response on this matter.

da-wolfdude 1 June, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   19

THIS IS AWESOME!!!

Just need to find a place where wi-fi works, usely i DL throgh my ps3..

I’m feeling I’m so lucky cuz i got the Go on my B-day, 16 of may.

Diablo_Rosso 1 June, 2010 @ 6:15 pm   20

Hm, it’s still too expensive at £200. If it was £150 I would consider, especially since my PSP 100 has a broken right d-pad button :(

Carl-G 1 June, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   21

Some good games there. But can’t PSP-Go be say £99.99? £199.99 is TO MUCH! :(

seany1 1 June, 2010 @ 6:22 pm   22

desperate measures in full flow now for pspgo , fully expect go to cease production this year as this will be the last desperate push for sales , r.i.p pspgo we hardly knew ye lol

kassimmahmood 1 June, 2010 @ 6:23 pm   23

this isnt good for exsisting psp go owners. what about supporting the people that already bought the psp go like me in december.
very dissapointed…

seany1 1 June, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   24

i paid 150 quid for my v+ box off virgin media and now customers are gettn them for free lol its way companies work

Lejenko 1 June, 2010 @ 6:33 pm   25

awesome stuff sony! something had to be done for PSP go owners, beyond a joke hardly any games been made available for download on the store, this should ease the pain a little

krae_man 1 June, 2010 @ 6:44 pm   26

I feel so ripped off getting just a Rock Band Lite voucher in Canada when I bought it day one.

No free games and a terrible pricing stratagy.

I wish I lived in europe. You guys clearly have more sense then SCEA when it comes to the PSP Go. Not enough sense but at least some.

waypoetic 1 June, 2010 @ 7:06 pm   27

Thanks Sony. I bought the PSP Go on day one, and now, people who bought it after april 1 of 2010 get 10 free games!? That’s it, i had it.

erbkaiser 1 June, 2010 @ 7:16 pm   28

“3. This promotion starts at 12:00pm UK time on 9/06/2010 and ends at 11:59pm UK time on 30/09/2010 (the “Promotional Period”).”

Awesome guys. Will definitely download the theme in a few days!
Much better than I expected… I thought the deal would be to pick ONE game out of this list of ten :)

Cyanat 1 June, 2010 @ 7:19 pm   29

@waypoetic I think it is after January 1st at least that seems to be the case in DK. Not that it makes any difference for you if you bought it before… feel sorry for you guys :-/ but you did have a promotion deal back then right?

Anyway I think it is awesome because I was just about to buy one :-)

MJHAYLETT 1 June, 2010 @ 7:22 pm   30

the Go! is £174.15 on Amazon but even with 10 games free its still too much for me. I have a PSP 2000 and some 15 games plus the PSOne games off the store and a Digital Copy of Gran Turismo. I don’t need 2 PSP’s. One that can play UMD’s and Downloads and one that only plays Downloads. I’ll stick to my old one.

Thanks anyway Sony.

krae_man 1 June, 2010 @ 7:24 pm   31

“I paid $249 for a PSP Go and all I got was this lousy Rock Band demo voucher code”

SIR-DARK-HAZE 1 June, 2010 @ 7:52 pm   32

Ill wait untill E3 maybe their might be a new handheld console. I doubt it but still. I feel sorry for the day 1 buyers. Good offer though. All i want is a psp with 2 analogue sticks. Please, please, please! Then i can play Peace walker and GT. Ill also buy most of those games that are on the list.

Saber_IV 1 June, 2010 @ 8:08 pm   33

I’ll buy it after E3. You never know they might release a PSP2!

BryceS 1 June, 2010 @ 8:11 pm   34

I think we all knew that things were bad in PSPgo-land, but I didn’t know it this _this_ bad!

It’s not that it was necessarily a bad idea, but it was always the wrong price, it was badly marketed and of course retailers saw little point in promoting a product where they didn’t get any further sales due to the digital download model.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the next generation of consoles. With cheap storage and fast internet connections becoming more and more common, it’s difficult to see why Sony and/or Microsoft wouldn’t want to have a monopoly on all sales of software, as they currently do with sales of DLC and Arcade / mini / Games on demand software. It means that they can fix prices (as they do on their current stores) destroy the second-hand market and significantly cut down on piracy.

The PSPgo was an interesting experiment in this business model and it failed spectacularly. But if, in a couple of years time, Sony release a download-only PS4 and Microsoft release a download-only XBox 720, will people feel that they just have to accept it?

scottscorpion 1 June, 2010 @ 8:17 pm   35

how long does this offer run for…i might buy one for my sons birthday at end of next month if its still going

Raider197 1 June, 2010 @ 8:21 pm   36

That’s ridiculous, 10 games could be €450 depending on the pricing of the games. That’s pretty much two PS3s if you search around a bit.

The fact that launch owners aren’t included in this tells me that the few people who actually bought your hardware at launch (me) are just being sweeped under the rug.

Last time I buy a handheld from you guys at launch, and that’s saying something since I’m an almost constant supporter of Sony and always have been. That 3DS does look interesting…

Wraxend 1 June, 2010 @ 8:24 pm   37

Man i feel sorry for the guys who bought 1 on the day of release and didn’t they only get 3 games in digital format if they already owned them on umd. Poor show sony surely you should give this to your loyal customers who supported you from the beginning not fence sitters that need convincing. The only good thing i see in this is that i did not buy a PSP(no)GO. Plus isn’t E3 upon us with what is rumored to be the unvieling of the PSP2, and i hope it has 2 joysticks this time round!

Jaaay2k 1 June, 2010 @ 8:32 pm   38

It smells desperation around PSP Go. Why don’t Sony just price cut the unit. If you add just a little more money you can buy a PS3. Seriously, PSP Go dosen’t have a UMD drive which I’ll guess reduce the cost. Is it the 16GB flash which cost or what? Because it’s overpriced! :O

bhs12345 1 June, 2010 @ 8:40 pm   39

how is this fair sony, i bought mine the third day after launch and all i got free was one game and a theme, so why are you now giving away 10 free one’s to people who buy it 5 t0 8 months later when your loyal customers that bought it right off the bat only gets one, i feel the people who bought it right off the bat should get the offer as well.

RosuNamikazi 1 June, 2010 @ 8:47 pm   40

Yeah, thanks a lot Sony.

This is typical, so many people supposrt you in buying a PSPgo on launch or near by, and I got Gran Turismo free which I was very grateful for.

Now you give out ten of the best games PSP has to offer and the loyal fans can’t get them. Sure I’ve got one of them… one.
Now people who buy them soo long after launch have more reason to buy one than the fans do.

Not the happiest with support for the loyal ones man.

can i swap 1 for resistance :D?

Paulus-NL 1 June, 2010 @ 8:59 pm   42

*beep* you sony. i never buy a product on the release again. 10 free games??? and what do the already PSPgo owners get???? this sucks!!! :@

h3dfuk 1 June, 2010 @ 9:01 pm   43

Typical Sony – enticing people to buy a hand-held console that has seen less support in 2009 & 2010 than an Atari Jaguar!

Why not give something to those poor suckers who already purchased a PSPGo (like me!!). Incentive not to drop the product like the dirty sanitary towel it is, would probably show that Sony are at least sympathetic to the lack of support, and assure current users that something will be done.

Instead, people will purchase a PSPGo under the false promise that they will receive tons of games via PSN store and receive 10 free games! In reality, 10 free games equates to 90% of the actual library of games available for the PSPGo!

I sold my PSPGo. I purchased mine on release as Sony assured a massive library of downloadable games! Meh! Poor show Sony…. p**s poor! Fact is – the PSPGo doesn’t do anything special that the older PSP’s don’t. I can tolerate UMD’s.

xxPIETROxx 1 June, 2010 @ 9:10 pm   44

Hey, I bought the PSP go on launch day, is it possible for me to reddem the free games?
Thanks :)

lomo_14 1 June, 2010 @ 9:11 pm   45

I bought a Go on launch day, and I got 1 free game!
Add me to the list of [DELETED] off early adopters.

razordude 1 June, 2010 @ 9:19 pm   46

Well, as an early adopter I got a mere 4 free games. Cheers Sony – always supporting the people who support you….

xxPIETROxx 1 June, 2010 @ 9:20 pm   47

I can’t find the theme. I guess the people who paid £225 on day one only get the Gran Turismo, and the 3 extra games free.
Those who buy it now for cheaper can get 10 games free, I dont wan’t to complain but I feel a bit let down :/

I guess i’ll wait and get the PSP2 and PS4 about 5 months after launch, SONY might reward me with free games.

itchybaca 1 June, 2010 @ 9:21 pm   48

This is the second post I’ve made about this and I’ll echo what I said before: something about this seems wrong. 10 free games is over the top.

Can’t help but feel, this is clear PSPgo stock to make way for the PSP2 later in the year.

Before you have me down as another troll or whatever the correct term is, I DO want the PSPgo to do well as I brought one on launch (and I did’nt even get the free Gran Turismo, so maybe there are a few sour grapes here).

Like I said, this feels wrong and if the PSPgo is sooner rather than later discontinued, then offers like this , will only bring more bad feelings and press.

Heres hoping that this offer is for the right moral reasons yet I feel all it will do is bring more ill will.

Slarth 1 June, 2010 @ 9:29 pm   49

Under £100 & 10 free games, i’d snap one up, but at it’s current price no chance.

Alestes 1 June, 2010 @ 9:32 pm   50

Too bad that none of those 10 games interest me. I like the PSPgo concept, but it’s severely taken down by the poor game selection on PSN. There are simply too many good games that are only available on UMD, and not on PSN.

If these games existed on PSN, I say my chances of buying a PSPgo would be significantly higher.

*Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles (already available on US PSN, why not here?)
*Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
*Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
*Star Ocean: First Departure
*Star Ocean: Second Evolution
*Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Helvedeshunden 1 June, 2010 @ 9:46 pm   51

Can’t remember any sweet deals for my PSP 1000 or PSP 3000. I’m glad I didn’t go out and get a PSP Go at launch. Those that did paid more and get less. That’s almost as bad as removing features from a released console after hyping them.

kassimmahmood 1 June, 2010 @ 10:01 pm   52

ok lets say i trade in my psp go thats ‘broken’ and get an exchange and get a new psp go, does that mean i’ll get the 10 free games??

RandyAndy13 1 June, 2010 @ 10:02 pm   53

Shouldn’t people who have a PSP Go before the selected date still be able to participate in this because it clearly isn’t fair on them, 10 FREE good games… I think we should be able to download the theme and get a code for 10 FREE games aswell…

TheGaminDutchman 1 June, 2010 @ 10:48 pm   54

Sony are you totally out of your mind? As a loyal customer I bought the PSP Go! a week after the release. Spend 250 euros, couldn’t get the free Gran Turismo because a lot of stores have been boycotting the system for several months. After 2 weeks I could find the PSP Go! to buy, got 3 reward games that I already owned on UMD :O And with Christmas I got Motorstorm, 4 games for the loyal buyer, now 10 free games :O Those reward games were also crappy, NO LittleBigPlanet, NO Gran Turismo, NO Assasins Creed, NO toptitles for the PSP, only a bunch of crappy games (except Resistance ; Retribution)

Now those 10 games are the best games that you can get for the PSP at the moment (with exception of a few games) and those people that buy it now get 10 games, and 10 GOOD games. We’re loyal to the Sony system and we get 5 (crappy) games? (I only 4)

I’m sorry, you dont have do give de loyal PSP Go owner 10 free games, split it and give the early buyers 5 free games, and the new buyers 10 games. But don’t split it so unfair. This makes me angry and I think you are going to lose customers that we’re loyal to Sony Playstation at first!

This is totally unfair on early adopters and just puts me off the brand even more. Cheers

Il_Cartaio 1 June, 2010 @ 11:08 pm   56

Anyone knows, from past promotions, if this works using an US account on an European console? They don’t seem to mention it here:

Ursinho 1 June, 2010 @ 11:09 pm   57

Well i couldnt resist this offer… even though im pro-UMD, but there was simply too many games on that list i wanted and didnt have yet. Just ordered one for 169 euros delivery included. Brings my PSP count up to 3.

Im just hoping SCEE doesnt majorly fup with those codes like last time, if that happens ill be very angry.

a_worm_jim 1 June, 2010 @ 11:17 pm   58

So when I get this 10 gree games? Right now? I’m from Poland so i want know. You can download this 10 games today?

a_worm_jim 1 June, 2010 @ 11:21 pm   59

Okay this promotion starts 9.06.2010 ;)

Apnomis 1 June, 2010 @ 11:24 pm   60

Wow if Sony can’t shift their stock of PSPGo’s with this offer they may as well just give up and chuck them in the land fill!

I can’t believe people can’t see the value in this offer at £175 that works out at 10 good/recent games for £17.50 each and a PSPGo for free! Lucky if you managed to get one from Argos for £139…

a_worm_jim 1 June, 2010 @ 11:26 pm   61

Apnomis
“However this smells to me like a fire sale before something new is announced at E3…”

PSP 2 ? ;)

Benjamin81 2 June, 2010 @ 12:06 am   62

So i already bought a PSP Go on launch day, but i consider getting a second one. Will i be eligible to take part in the promotion?

Standard_Gamer 2 June, 2010 @ 12:28 am   63

May seem like a good deal, but the games being offered are no good to me.

Heres what i would prefer to see:

1.Hexys Force
2. Crisis Core
3. Dissidia
4. Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
5. Metal Gear Portable Ops
6. GTA Liberty City
7. GTA Vice
8. Persona 1
9. Star Ocean
10. Star Ocean II

Standard_Gamer 2 June, 2010 @ 12:34 am   64

@65 do you not see that many of those games are no good? ook at my list of wanted games… those are good psp games.

iorkara 2 June, 2010 @ 1:37 am   65

About those who supported the Go from day one!!!!!! This is outrages! I’m taking this matter to the top! Not the first time! Sony and it’s …. argh man. So upset. Thanks for the support for early buyers Sony.

creed2007 2 June, 2010 @ 2:04 am   66

If you ask me something stinks about this. Remember what happened too the fat PS3,to make way for the new slim PS3. Just wait for E3:) Maybe then the will give us the video store;);)

thorlover67 2 June, 2010 @ 3:38 am   67

i agree pspgo big sony flop, i like games in not downloads.can,t sell or trade in downloads. stay with my psp 3000

smokeypsd 2 June, 2010 @ 3:51 am   68

I’m fine with my 32 gig stick in my 3000 thanks.

smokeypsd 2 June, 2010 @ 3:53 am   69

oh yeah, here’s an idea sony. just lower the price already. it’s obvious ppl arent biting with where it’s at now, whether the pricing makes sense or not.

serendipiddy 2 June, 2010 @ 7:41 am   70

I’m not usually one to complain.. but i feel pretty hard done by.
Bought my Go first week, and sure it had its 3 free games, but it was supposed to be a “Thank you for supporting us”. Surely this promotion should include all psp go owners.. or shouldn’t exist.

Please, just for the sake of being fair, let us early adopters join in, even if its only 7 games.. we just feel a bit cheated.

KheldarUK 2 June, 2010 @ 8:28 am   71

Do you guys do anything but moan?

You buy a console day one, you expect to pay top dollar and get nothing.

Sony drop the console price by £50 12 months down the line, do you go back to the shop and DEMAND the cash back? NO! You deal with the fact the price goes down over time.

Sony decide to bundle one, two, maybe three games in a new bumper pack. Do you go back to the shop and DEMAND the free games? NO! You deal with the fact newer bundles are released over time.

No on both counts, quit moaning and deal with it. Trade in your PSPs and go buy a new one if it really bothers you that much.

fleinn 2 June, 2010 @ 8:31 am   72

“*This list varies depending on your country; please see the terms and conditions for further details.”

You mean, the terms and conditions that change every other week? ..never mind. :/

Almost had me there, Sony. I haven’t seen any titles for the psp I really want, so I haven’t bought a psp. Then Valkyria Chronicles 2 and Phantasy Star Portable shows up – along with a better infrastructure/remote play scheme – and… I’ve no idea if it will turn up on the PSN for download.. this year, or the next year, if at all.

MobileTone 2 June, 2010 @ 8:31 am   73

well, if my launch 60Gb PS3 hadn’t decided to RLOD last weekend for no reason at all i may have had the money for this offer, it was working fine, shut down after playing RDR, then it would never turn back on again! cheers Sony.

and the money you charge to send out a replacemnet, not even FIX my original 60Gb console is a joke. i got a mint trade 40Gb instead. so no more money for you!

MobileTone 2 June, 2010 @ 8:35 am   74

@ Apnomis – but you could probably pick each of those titles up for less than 17.50 each if you shop around ;)

nick_gc 2 June, 2010 @ 8:43 am   75

I sold my PSP a while ago to fund an Apple iPhone. I’m now looking to get an PSP again but I’m thinking this is still too expensive and might go for a regular PSP-3000.

A PSP Go is £199.99 in regular retail shops at the moment. Out of those free games, the only one I’d really be interested in is Little Big Planet. MotorStorm onyl because it was free. I’m really not interested in the other games. I’d get them, but only because they were free. So I’d only save £40 meaning the PSP cost me £160. Still £40 more than the PSP-3000 I’d buy.

If they dropped the price of the PSP by a £50, I’d probably snap it up. Correct pricing, I think, should be £99 for a PSP-3000 and £139 for a PSP Go.

mrfight67 2 June, 2010 @ 9:03 am   76

I feel let down, brought my psp go in the second week of it being launched fo £225, and only got the 1 free game around December. Now, people can buy it for as little as £150, and get 10 games for free. Even though i supported the machine at it’s highest price, and around launch, i don’t get this offer.

Apnomis 2 June, 2010 @ 9:23 am   77

@KheldarUK exactly right – you pay the price to be on the cutting edge of technology, it’s the same with consoles, phones, computer equipment etc. Everything goes down in price eventually or gets better bundles – it’s the supply/demand curve, if the product is worth £225 + 1 game to you then you pay that, if it isn’t you wait for deals like this, I’m sure eventually it will come down in price further too.

You can’t be a launch owner and then moan as it revalues through it’s life cycle – the PS3 is now slimmer, more energy efficient, and practically half the price compared to my launch model – it doesn’t mean I have the right to knock on Sony’s door and demand a refund! Likewise who here is playing Red Dead Redemption? You do realise it will be £9.99 in an online sale later on this year right?

@MobileTone but you wouldn’t get a free PSPGo that way ;)

@smokeypsd I agree, I’d sooner they halved the RRP rather than try and justify the price with a load of games. They must make enough margin on their digital downloads (no price competition and no trade-in market) to justify selling the hardware at a loss.

I hope they announce a PSPhone or PSP2 at E3…

Smog-UK 2 June, 2010 @ 9:42 am   78

I think you lot need to stop moaning and get a grip of yourself.

It’s not like it happened a month after launch now is it?

I paid £425 for my PS3 on day one. Now you can get one for around £200 including games. I also paid £50 for motorstorm which is now around £10 or less. The fact is, prices drop, and new things are put in place to sell products. If you paid full price, you did it for a reason. You wanted the PSPgo on Launch day. You bought it and you were happy.

Now because Sony need to sell more units, they create an offer and you start thinking it’s your right to have free games?!

The same thing happened to me with the first iPhone. I paid £279 just for the phone on contract. 3 months later there was a price drop but I didn’t think I deserved anything, because the fact is this has and will always happen.

Just because I bought Call Of Duty on launch day, doesn’t mean when they announce the GOY edition with the map packs for free that I deserve them for free because I’ve had it since day one does it?

Get over it :/

vicheous 2 June, 2010 @ 9:45 am   79

This is not fair! I bought one around xmas and only got 1 game!

mrfight67 2 June, 2010 @ 10:03 am   80

I understand what everyones saying about prices dropping over time and such, but don’t you think 10 games is a bit excessive, the games altogether are worth alot of money, and your just shutting out the majority of people owning one who payed full price for the go at launch.

iapetus 2 June, 2010 @ 10:15 am   81

Why would anyone in their right mind buy a digital distribution only system from Sony after the Other OS fiasco? Sony’s attitude is that they can remove basic functionality from your system and if you don’t like it they can cut you off from the store and future new games. When that store is the only way you can get the new games, that’s just not a sane option at all.

johnleonhart 2 June, 2010 @ 10:18 am   82

Think I’ll be buying one of these for my birthday in August. Been wanting one to play my digital copies of ff7 8 and 9 on and some of the games look okay. Thanks Sony.

gheywood 2 June, 2010 @ 10:25 am   83

Oh. my. god.

I cannot believe the attitude of some people on here (actually, I can). Do the same people whine and moan when Amazon or Tesco’s run special offers (or 2 for 1′s)? Talk about hypocrisy.

Sony are no different to any other company and should be expected to run special offers. That is the way it works. Try going into a supermarket and complaining that the pizza you bought last week is now cheaper and you want the difference back..

Morons.

gerry09evo 2 June, 2010 @ 10:35 am   84

This just [DELETED] me off honestly. I bought a PSP Go for R3200 (320 euros) On 1 October 2009. I got GT free and as for the rest of the games I already bought them before the offer came out (Assassins Creed Bloodlines, Motorstorm Arctic Edge and LBP). Why the hell should someone pay cheaper than I did and get 10 AMAZING FREE GAMES!!!
Us day one buyers should get them too or at least half of them. Its disgusting!

Darkscorpius 2 June, 2010 @ 11:04 am   85

@86 basically because the Go isn’t selling… If it was you wouldn’t see deals like this.

VictorAnalogy 2 June, 2010 @ 11:06 am   86

I agree with itchybaca, if E3 wasn’t just around the corner, I’d be sorely tempted by this offer. As it is, E3 is just around the corner and I am deeply suspicious that a PSP2 announce is being made there.

Crinkled 2 June, 2010 @ 11:34 am   87

I’ll stick with my 2000. This offer is pretty tempting, and it may revive my PSP gaming (I never use it anymore) but like many others are stating, E3 is just around the corner.

Also if I got a Go and then Square Enix
decide not to release Final Fantasy Agito XIII in digital format I’d be gutted!

atleast i hope psp 2 has both umd support and psn support cause with the way sony europe is releasing psp game on the store we are pretty much screwed there is a better selection on umd than the freaking store

AM_AUTOS 2 June, 2010 @ 12:04 pm   89

Whats happening for the people who brought the PSP GO day 1?

Maybe if the price of the digital ps store games weren’t twice as expensive as umd’s out of the shops you would have sold more

gran turismo from play.com = £9.99
gran turismo from ps store = £14.99, only just dropped from £24.99!

Thats why i will never own one anyways

hollandnigel 2 June, 2010 @ 1:12 pm   91

Not happy :-( Registered mine 3 weeks too early

FrankieZappa 2 June, 2010 @ 2:39 pm   92

Huh…let me get this straight. This is NOT available for all the other european countries?! Only Britain and Ireland?

RevSchroedter 2 June, 2010 @ 5:05 pm   93

Yeah, damn Sony giving out stuff for free… or something.

Savaloy 2 June, 2010 @ 6:23 pm   94

Hello Sony!

Curse this free thing. Why no love for the swedes? :( (not the vegtable)

FrankieZappa 2 June, 2010 @ 8:38 pm   95

Why this is not available in Italy?!

fleinn 3 June, 2010 @ 8:17 am   96

@Crinkled:”Also if I got a Go and then Square Enix
decide not to release Final Fantasy Agito XIII in digital format I’d be gutted!”

Mm. Or, if they decide to pull it for whatever reason. Or decide to forget to put it on the store for certain countries. Or just change the deal half-way so that you suddenly can’t get the game anyway because of “technical issues”, like with Silent Hill. That game was disappeared off the store because of unknown licensing issues. But is still available to the ones who bought it via their downloads list. But will that stay there as a courtesy, or simply disappear because Sony can disappear it without any problem if they want to — who knows.

For future releases it’s the same – I’ve no idea if Sony won’t simply avoid speaking specifically and officially about the psp Go, because they intend to drop all support for it, and the digital distribution platform altogether at some point.

fleinn 3 June, 2010 @ 8:18 am   97

(1250 characters +)

I mean, they know this is a problematic issue – that they could be seen by some of their “partners” to be competing with their own products, rather than expanding the potential markets, and releasing more varied content that would be more difficult to publish if it wasn’t digital only.

So why can’t they be more clear on this? It’s just bad business to go half-way like that.

STORE-ACCOUNT-_- 3 June, 2010 @ 2:49 pm   98

hey just asking i have my psp go and i have made an account for the promotion but it said i have to no have made an account will i not be able to get the games?

saintaqua 3 June, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   99

Already traded my Go in for a regular model.
It was good idea, but it was a joke in the end since you chose not to support it or even give any incentive as to why someone would even want it.

erbkaiser 4 June, 2010 @ 12:57 pm   100

@Savaloy: you’re included!
Read the linked page:

1. This promotion is open to residents of Australia, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom, aged 18 years or over.

SaxtonHale_ 4 June, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   101

Funny how the Swedish site with Terms and Conditions says ONE of ten games. Also the link for which these ten games are links you back to the exact same site.

nick_gc 7 June, 2010 @ 6:55 pm   102

So I bought the PSPgo to take advantage of this offer and have just logged onto the PSN with it using the account I use for both my PS3 and when I used to have a PSP-3000. I can’t find the theme you’re supposed to download. Anyone help?

AdrianLawrence83 8 June, 2010 @ 12:22 am   103

I had a PSPgo but I took it back before making use of this offer. I’ve just bought another PSPgo in part becuse of this. I only have one of the games on the list (GT) and the fact many of the others look appealing means I’m paying about £13.40 per game with a free backup PSP which can also work with 2 analog sticks (DS3) :P

The game sharing feature alone will be worth it as I won’t have to buy games twice for multiplayer, though for the money I could have finally got myself a PS3 and some Modern Warfare 2 love…

Digital only distrubution scares me though. I have bought FF7, FF8, FF9 (the reasons for me even getting a PSP) and other PSone games. I bought them the first time around I shouldn’t have to buy them again. Sony updated the PSP’s hardware to reduce piracy but when we have to pay for the same content every generation, who really is the thief here? I’ve had trouble returning Bishi Bashi Special. Sony won’t refund my £3.49 to buy something that won’t break my bones or my buttons…

As I am VAC banned on Steam too I wonder how long it will be before such a system is implemented on PSN, or worse, what will happen is PSN shuts down indefinitely? Exactly!

nick_gc 8 June, 2010 @ 12:14 pm   104

@103

This is why I’ll be buying a memory stick or backing up on my external hard drive when I fill up my PSP.

ChrisandJulie 9 June, 2010 @ 2:08 pm   105

Does anyone know how long it will take to receive the code via email for the games? and has anyone received theirs yet?

Thanks

@105

Yet to receive mine either, however on the terms and conditions it states that they will endeavour to get the codes sent to your e-mail within a week of downloading the PSPgo theme. Just hoping it’s sooner rather than later.

AcidCrashX 10 June, 2010 @ 2:29 pm   107

@105 @106 havent got mine either yet. will post again when i do

AdrianLawrence83 10 June, 2010 @ 3:25 pm   108

I downloaded the theme this morning – first on my PSP-3003, then on my PSP-N1003.

I’ve waited a few hours and had no e-mail as of yet so I contacted the PlayStation support – the call lasted just over 11min 31s but neither the operative, supervisor or a different team altogether knew if downloading on my other PSP first would have affected things.

I was avised to make a new PSN account and re-download the theme onto my PSP-N1003 to see if it generated an e-mail, but if I do so then I will not get access to the games on my main account =/

I think I’ll just have to wait the 30 days (grr) and see what happens as I would rather all my downlaods were on the one account :(

AcidCrashX 11 June, 2010 @ 9:42 am   109

@108 no downloading it on your 3000 would have no effect. but if you read the small print it says it takes up to 7 days.

Rafaelillo 14 June, 2010 @ 11:22 am   110

anyone received the code already?

I downloaded the theme first thing in the morning on Thursday 10th (afther the PSN downtime) and I am still waiting…

ChrisandJulie 14 June, 2010 @ 11:39 am   111

Rafaelillo @110

I downloaded mine almost the moment that it came on the store just after 12pm on Wednesday 9th and I still haven’t received mine either.

I am unaware of anyone who has received their email code as of yet so we’ll just have to remain patient. I hope we wont be waiting too much longer because I want to play Fifa World Cup!

Rafaelillo 14 June, 2010 @ 3:21 pm   112

I’m going on holidays shortly and I really hope to get the code before that… that is what I bought the PSP for!!

AcidCrashX 15 June, 2010 @ 4:44 pm   113

I still havent got mine yet. Anyone else got theirs?

AdrianLawrence83 15 June, 2010 @ 4:55 pm   114

@113 Nope still no code yet.

I was in HMV yesterday and they had the PSPgo on offer with the 10 free downloadable games promotion fetauring in their store displays.

HMV are also oging to have a lot of unhappy customers buying a console with a 30 day wait before they can play on it (at no additional charge and excluding demos)…

ChrisandJulie 15 June, 2010 @ 7:36 pm   115

I have still not received mine either. It has now been 7 days since I downloaded the theme almost the moment that is became available.

Rafaelillo 16 June, 2010 @ 8:03 pm   116

they have removed the bit with “usually within a week” from the terms and conditions, so I guess we will have to be very patient…

ChrisandJulie 16 June, 2010 @ 9:18 pm   117

I just hope it is not too much longer. This is now the 8th day since I downloaded the theme and keep checking my email inbox.

ChrisandJulie 17 June, 2010 @ 5:21 pm   118

I received my code today. I am downloading Fifa world cup right now!

Thankyou sony, but it is a real shame that I cannot download it onto my other 2 psps which takes a real shine off of this offer.

One of the main selling points for us was the ability to buy a game from the psn store and download it onto our psp go and our 2 other psps so that all of the children can have the game. Nevermind.

MrMaikey 17 June, 2010 @ 8:28 pm   119

I just got my code today!! It’s takes a long time to download it from my PSP GO.. Pffff.. I just read it won’t work with Media Go..Such a shame -_-.. LBP is almost ready with installing -_-..

Up to the next game!!

Rafaelillo 18 June, 2010 @ 11:17 am   120

@188 and @119

Do you remember when you downloaded your theme?

I did it on Thursday 10th (around 7.00 in the morning) and still no code…

AcidCrashX 18 June, 2010 @ 11:18 am   121

out of interest did you guys download the theme from the store on thursday? i grabbed it on friday so just want a rough idea of how much longer i’m going to wait.

enjoy your games guys!

ChrisandJulie 18 June, 2010 @ 1:32 pm   122

I downloaded mine almost the moment it was released, just after 12pm on the Wednesday.

AcidCrashX 21 June, 2010 @ 11:07 am   123

still havent got mine yet…. >_>

if it wasnt for Patapon 2 and Peace Walker I’d be slightly annoyed

AdrianLawrence83 21 June, 2010 @ 11:19 am   124

Meh I only downloaded the theme one day after 118 but I didn’t get my code one day later. It’s 4 days later than 118(2 of which were weekend amdittedly) and sitll no joy. I have half a mind to send this PSPgo back and just stick with my 3000, especially as due to a blunder I have ended up with 2 PS3′s -_-

Boffin101 22 June, 2010 @ 7:09 pm   125

not very happy with this supposed promotion the PSPgo i was using died about 1 month and a half a go so i bought another one. I saw this promotion going so i signed into PSN on my NEW PSPgo and downloaded the theme and guess what thirty days later still no games. Its taking the Mickey a bit promising something and then not delivering

Cobby11 23 June, 2010 @ 11:31 am   126

Aww that sucks, i bought my psp go on realease date, and now i can’t get 10 free games!

AdrianLawrence83 24 June, 2010 @ 10:17 am   127

You had the opportunity for 5 free games though provided you met the criteria. Still no code for me yet 14 days later from activation and 7 days later than the others :(

AcidCrashX 24 June, 2010 @ 11:42 am   128

Still no code my end, 14 days later… Hope i gets this soon >.<

greeni 25 June, 2010 @ 2:24 am   129

ok so this is good but you should give the best psp games to really help sell the system,
god of war coo
gran turismo (tick)
fifa (tick)
monster hunter freedom unite
tekken 6 or soul calibur
final fantay 7 cc
metal gear solid po
a platformer like r&c or crash bandicoot
then maybe a premium new release film such as gamer and a ps1 classic of resident evil 3 to seal the deal
not only would sell a LOT of consoles but all the above titles have sequels due out on the system or its little bro to get punters into buying games 4 their psp’s

tbh tho im going to get one just for monster hunter freedom 3 as i dont like the wii, also interested in resident evil portable too, what the consoles future needs is 2 analouge sticks (real ones) and a means of playing online anywhere like mobile inernet, couple that with a cod game and youve got cod multiplayer PORTABLE! imagine being on a 10killstreak and missing your busstop lol oh and a 3D screen so that the s***ty ds doesnt dominate,(3D films in your pocket anyone?) pps games should also be available on memory sticks thus saving hd space when needed,

AcidCrashX 28 June, 2010 @ 5:25 pm   130

STILL no code… >.<

RichDRFC84 28 June, 2010 @ 7:12 pm   131

Me neither – bloody rubbish! They only have 12 days now

AdrianLawrence83 30 June, 2010 @ 4:20 pm   132

I’ve grown tired of waiting and got rid of my PSPgo for some PS3 games, PSN credit then used the credit for DLC on my new games.

I made a loss on the PSPgo of course, after all the PSpgo is up to £225 new. Luckily thanks to eBay and absolutely no demand for PSPgos whatsoever I got it for £134 brand new factory sealed, so when I traded it in at GAME for £120 my losses were not as bad as they could have been.

If the code ever pops up and the T&C ever changes to unlock the game sto work on my PSP 3000, perhaps I’ll still be able to make use of them.

Oh well… Good luck as you certainly need it!

RichDRFC84 30 June, 2010 @ 6:01 pm   133

Got code today – about time

AcidCrashX 1 July, 2010 @ 9:56 am   134

you got yours? seemed like you grabbed yours after mine… >.< this is so flipping annoying