Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 5:30am

First Killzone 3 Gameplay Trailer

Hi everyone!

Today we’re proud to present the first gameplay trailer for Killzone 3. What you are about to see is a trailer made completely out of in-game footage, taken from the game’s fourth mission, called Frozen Shores.

Killzone 3 will take you to dangerous new corners of the Helghast home planet, and reveal that its environments are far more diverse than ISA Command had previously believed. In addition to the larger and more varied environments, Killzone 3 also introduces a brutal melee system and plenty of awesome new battle gear, including the Helghast jetpack and the WASP missile launcher demonstrated in the trailer.

Guerrilla.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

67 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Armstrong 12 June, 2010 @ 5:35 am   1

How will the melee combat be integrated into online play? Will it?

Filianthur 12 June, 2010 @ 5:36 am   2

Wow this is awesome!! Thanks Guerrila for making such a great game!

When will you show us other environments? Such as the jungle…

I think it looks incredible…even at this stage. Weather effects look really impressive.

Jungle environments next, please ;)

GoldenFatalis 12 June, 2010 @ 5:39 am   4

put the trailer in psn plssssssssssssssss

k-man450 12 June, 2010 @ 5:42 am   5

absolutely stunning.

Nightflyer_ESS 12 June, 2010 @ 5:47 am   6

Welcome back, RAMBO!!!!

divine1000 12 June, 2010 @ 6:11 am   7

Sounds great, shame I can’t watch the video. Isn’t it time the PS3′s browser was fixed, I’ve even had to use my iPhone to post this comment.

Munders12 12 June, 2010 @ 6:19 am   8

so cool

this game is a first day buy for me,i owned kz2 since release day & still own it & play it well worth every penny but of course i’m hoping for improvements in the gameplay over kz2 specially online.

colonel007 12 June, 2010 @ 6:28 am   10

Is that build in Alpha stage or is it a newer build for E3 (beta, etc). The graphics look impressive, is there even a chance they will improve by the time of release?

Excellent work on KZ3,it is best FPS!

colonel007 12 June, 2010 @ 6:32 am   11

Also, please consider leaving an option to have the controls exactly the way they were when Killzone 2 launched (before the patch). I really liked them, so even if you change them altogether, at least leave the option to us early adopters.

Thank you very much!

Looking good, but i do hope for better controls this time, not like the heavy controls in Killzone 2, I love the game though, more colors would also help, but the controls is very important.

TalllPaul 12 June, 2010 @ 7:03 am   13

This looks WOW cannot wait. Thought they got the unchartered 2 and KZ3 videos mixed up at first with the snow lol

Tridentmorph 12 June, 2010 @ 7:24 am   14

Great looking stuff, very slick. Can’t wait to play it.

extermin8or 12 June, 2010 @ 7:25 am   15

is this the 1st of the 2 ‘announcements’ you promised on twitter?

Liamario 12 June, 2010 @ 7:37 am   16

I hope this isn’t one of the 2 “huge” announcements. Because we were already aware that this trailer was forthcoming and even if we weren’t, it doesn’t fit into the category of a huge announcement.

Getting back to the trailer, it looks really good. I hope the melee system is integrated into the multiplayer to some extent though, it would be a shame otherwise.

Lighten up the controls somewhat and we should be on to a winner.

Keep up the great work!!!

Erorrless 12 June, 2010 @ 7:53 am   17

that was intense.
can you guys include the cover system this time in MP too?
it doesnt hurt to have more options when playing online.

From the intensity of the core gameplay to the introduction of new environments passing by the incredible visual setting..it simply all looks stunning and robust.

Truly excited, and really cannot wait for some more of those Wowing moments from you guys.

Cheers

MohammedMK 12 June, 2010 @ 8:15 am   19

Gameplay look amazing. And I heard they will change the controls which gonna be awesome. Keep up the good work GG!

I dont want to be mean or anything. I love Killzone games but this trailer was not that mind blowing. I was expecting cooler stuff and more talk about the story. Not a brain dead shooter. I hope E3 has more to offer because this trailer did not say anything about the game.

bankai-steve 12 June, 2010 @ 9:08 am   21

Looks great and the CQC is brutal xD Where do you guys LOC-test the game? Including this summer I will LOC-test at EA for the third time for German and it would be nice to do this for Sony First Party games.

Kenshin71 12 June, 2010 @ 9:20 am   22

Looks great and I really can’t wait. If you need a game tester living in Japan let me know. ;)

MaikelSteneker 12 June, 2010 @ 9:21 am   23

I agree with niked, #20. The game doesn’t look so special at the moment. I expect it will be a nice shooter, probably a bit similar to Call of Duty looking at the gameplay, but really nothing more. But this has the potential of becoming very good. I’m just not convinced just yet :)

Panipal2005 12 June, 2010 @ 9:41 am   24

Hope this isn’t one of your big announcements, because this was already shown on GTTV last night and is also on the internet already at the GameTrailers site.

da-wolfdude 12 June, 2010 @ 9:56 am   25

Nice trailer.. however, IS HE WEARING A SHORT SLEAVED SHIRT!!!
Man that must hurt!

sp33dking89 12 June, 2010 @ 10:00 am   26

I hope there is a no HUD mode that looked awsome in trailer!

Thats ingame footage, and it will be playable in 3D. awesome.

This game is UBELIVABLE :D :D WOW, guys seriously… I had to watch it three times!

WOW! ! ! :P Looks AMAZING! ! ! :)

wbrinkman 12 June, 2010 @ 10:29 am   30

gunmetal gray infused with dirty snow broken white.. mm.

Bonyman 12 June, 2010 @ 10:43 am   31

Here’s the link for PS3 browsers. Don’t forget you need javascript ON to view the video there and you will have to switch javascript OFF again if you want to post a comment here.

It looks great but i really want to see some HD footage.

samich2007 12 June, 2010 @ 10:55 am   32

Ziet er weer heel goed uit!
ooks great!

swcoruscant 12 June, 2010 @ 10:57 am   33

That was fantastic.
I hope Killzone 3 keeps the heavy controls, we don’t want a MW2-type game.

funkpower 12 June, 2010 @ 11:06 am   34

Killzone used to be so so good!

I agree with swcoruscant, the heavy conrols were awesome.

EHRGEIZ-XIII 12 June, 2010 @ 11:26 am   36

The Trailer outshines the infamous E3 2005 and KZ2 trailer! mind blowing….

i love the slide to the cover! and brutalkills rocks! do i really have to wait till 2011? :(

EHRGEIZ-XIII 12 June, 2010 @ 11:28 am   37

how about meleecombos? damn im so exicted!

This was pretty poorly made, especially in comparison to the last one. Get those guys to make your next few; you really need to market the game well this time.

VenomUK 12 June, 2010 @ 12:01 pm   39

*ADD 4-PLAYER SPLIT-SCREEN
Halo 1 and Resistance 1 can do it, a big budget game like Killzone 3 should include it. Many people enjoy playing games with real friends in the same room. There is no excuse to leave this feature out.

* REMOVE THE MINI-PAUSING throughout the gameplay.
It takes the player out the game, it is annoying, and it can be fixed with a hdd install.

* REMOVE THE C0CK-ER-NEE VOICE-ACTING
Some of the Helghast background characters had terrible accents that made it sound like they should be auditioning for a low budget East-End gangland film featuring Danny Dyer.

* ADD A MEMORABLE KILLZONE MUSICAL THEME
Music and sound is a powerful part of a game. Yet KZ2 lacks a theme that instantly identifies it.

* VEHICLES
Multiplayer levels were gamers can drive or fly.

* RECORD GAMEPLAY VIDEO.
Export to YouTube.

* SUNSETS
The Killzone universe is dark, gritty and moody. Add at least 1 level which features epic landscape vistas and perhaps a different colour palette, maybe some striking red sunset hues.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m so looking forward to Killzone 3. I just want the developers to make it the rewarding grandstand title we all want it to be.

adding on from Venom, i would love to be able to play online but have a guest playing from my console as well.

That imo is one of the best things about Halo3. me and a mate on the same Console taking on the world.

Something I have noticed is the people or team in charge of the sound/sound-FX have stepped up (well in the trailers atleast) The whole sound scape seems more “involved”, more gritty, sharper and better produced.

Im looking forward to see if this carries over to the full game

CartBlanche 12 June, 2010 @ 12:31 pm   42

If you want to see the proper Brutal melee in action watch the E3 gameplay trailer on Guerilla’s site here…

Much more brutal!

wow! even beyond what i was considering asking for too much! this looks fenomenal and if it plays as well as i suppose it will this is a first day buy for me!

mew_frenger 12 June, 2010 @ 12:42 pm   44

looks good..
cant wait!

wait is this and socom trailers the two huge announcements boasted about lmao SERIOUSLY trailers of games we already knew about is huge announcements now lol .

majorRaj 12 June, 2010 @ 1:19 pm   46

Well well well, that look’s incredible. When it comes to exclusives Sony can’t be matched.

Fantazyer 12 June, 2010 @ 1:20 pm   47

“Enjoy the new gameplay trailer, and please let us know what you think in the comments!”

beyond words is what i think lol

wiipass 12 June, 2010 @ 1:39 pm   48

controls on kz2 are too HEAVY specially when you play other top fps games like MW2.please make controls more fluid & smooth.

BLEACH-Fan 12 June, 2010 @ 1:44 pm   49