Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

This Week On The SingStore (16 June 2010)

Hi all!

Lots of great stuff on the SingStore this week so I’m gonna start by picking and choosing a few of my personal favourites like ‘Common People’ by Pulp, for example.

Pulp_Common People

U2_With Or Without You

I’m also pretty excited about Steppenwolf, more Diana Ross & The Supremes plus The Kinks, Girls Aloud and, yes, of course ‘Word Up’ by Cameo (not only for the amazing trouser-like-things he is sporting in the video).

Steppenwolf_Born To Be Wild

The Spencer Davis Group_Keep On Running

Also this week some German, Dutch and Spanish tracks including ‘Lass Die Sonne Rein’, ‘Onderweg’and ‘Causa y Effecto’.

And another bit of news for you: we will be making SongPacks available on the European PlayStation Store from Wednesday 16th June. Watch out for more content being added there in the coming months!

Finally, keep your eyes peeled for some very exciting announcements from SingStar at this weeks E3 games conference in sunny LA.

No Doubt_Hey Baby

Oh…and good luck to all of your teams in the World Cup. Don’t forget to celebrate with all the cool footie songs we have on the SingStore!

Nina xx

In English

Bloc Party The Prayer
Cameo Word Up!
David Bowie Changes worldwide
Diana Ross & The Supremes Baby Love
Girls Aloud I’ll Stand By You
Jasper Steverlinck and Steven and Stijn Kolacny Life On Mars? worldwide
Lifehouse Blind
Mika We Are Golden
Mika Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
No Doubt Hey Baby

Chasing Lights
Up
Set Me Off
Fall
Issues

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

47 Comments 5 Author replies
Show oldest first

Now this is a nice update!! (For me at least)

Cameo, Diana Ross & The Supremes, Girls Aloud, No Doubt and Travis…

I’m also impressed you have got Tinie Temper on there (Not to my liking) since its pretty new-ish.

So yea well done :D

I’m still hoping to see some of the 90′s Bubblegum Pop stuff to appear on the store, Oh yea and Nina:

SINGSTAR GLEE!!!! lol <3

Chris Bruce 14 June, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Hi BlaizeK, Nina’s at E3 this week so you’re stuck with me I’m afraid!

Glad you like this weeks selection, enjoy Word Up! Yes, Tinie Tempah should go down well…

phantomfish 14 June, 2010 @ 4:15 pm   2

Nice update again. Rapidly running out of HDD space!

Whatever happened to Take That’s Patience being released on the store last time. I went looking for it recently and it’s not there!

Nice Update,
However i would like to see some more 80′s
Guns N’ Roses / Nirvana / INXS
Hopefully, these bands will appear on there soon (i know a couple of nirvana songs are on there bbut not even smells like teen spirit :/ )

but anyway, great update :)
keep it up

Carnivius_Prime 14 June, 2010 @ 4:22 pm   4

Kinks, Bowie and U2 songs there I really like. Don’t like the rest on that list but I’d get those ones for sure.

Chris Bruce 14 June, 2010 @ 5:11 pm

Nothing wrong with the classics… you don’t fancy throwing a bit of Girls Aloud into the mix then?

Are you trying to bankrupt me or something?

14 tracks last time (17 when you factor the ones bought to please others), and this time 8 more to get (and an additional 5 can be seen as purchases which I’ll no doubt be prompted to make).

Can we have a crap one next time please :)

Cameo Word Up!
David Bowie Changes
No Doubt Hey Baby
Pulp Common People
Steppenwolf Born To Be Wild
The Kinks You Really Got Me
The Spencer Davis Group Keep On Running
U2 With Or Without You

trussell71 14 June, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   6

Nice update, Nina – my wallet’s going to be a little lighter come Wednesday.

Unfortunately, I’ve got a feeling we’re going to be hearing from our disgruntled French cousins again, though!

philipathens 14 June, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   7

Nice Update! I ll get Girls Aloud, Diana Ross and U2!
Once more a great mix :)

Nina is there any Pussycat Dolls song on the way?( with the New AU disc that has 3 of their song, I wish we would get some of them on the store ) THANKS :)

when will there be any songs in Polish? it’s ridiculous, that there are no songs for Polish players whatsoever :(

airspice 14 June, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   9

This update is very cool:

-Cameo – Word Up (Hope it was Mel B’s version though)
-Girls Aloud – Stand by You (Pleaaase more Aloud!)
-Yohanna – Is it True (YAY! Finally some Eurovision track. Better late than never)
-U2 – With or Without You (Great that its available now)
-Mika – We are golden (Great track!!)

Nina, could you please note some of my request for next updates:

-More Spice Girls and Melanie C (When You’re Gone from the starter pack discs, pleaaase!)
-More Kylie
-Songs from musicals
-No Doubt – Sunday Morning (Now that we are in a No doubt mood…)
-More Alphabeat

Thanks :)

jelly_bean 14 June, 2010 @ 4:51 pm   10

Good update so far… Nina, do you have any major announcement to make regarding Singstar since E3 is around the corner? I’m hoping for something really cool like copying songs from PS2 discs to the HDD :D

Chris Bruce 14 June, 2010 @ 5:13 pm

My lips are sealed! You’ll have to keep your eyes peeled for the exciting SingStar E3 news…

Sweet. But what about some Rammstein songs ? :)

SA_Royal 14 June, 2010 @ 5:21 pm   12

Nice update again this week keep it up!

Chris Bruce 14 June, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

Thanks… and a great World Cup you guys are hosting! Hope you can hear yourself singing over the Vuvuzelas!

Nanio_1922 14 June, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   13

Nina!!!
WOW WOW WOW!!! i have to say it but you are! AMAZING!!!
Thanks for listening, as you know i was waiting for New Travis songs! and today i felt something would be in the list, so i read it carefully until i get to Travis, and i got excited! Why does it always rain on me? and Drifwood! AMAZING! again.
Nina, you’re simply the BEST!
This Update is great!
Thanks again Nina!

alleyt1989 14 June, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   14

Wow this is an amazing update – gonna have to put some extra songs on my credit card this week!

Good to see Girls Aloud that should be fun to sing, Diana Ross and The Supremes, Tinie Temaph, No Doubt, Travis, U2, OMG actually the whole list is really good hahaha!!!

And also The Saturdays songpack! AMAZING!!!

Ur doing a great job Nina keep it up!

meako1973 14 June, 2010 @ 5:43 pm   15

Crackingly good update (again). A good mix of tunes, and some from other discs (PS2 or PS3) that I have been waiting for (I refuse to buy discs and then have to swap them over all the time….kind of defeats the purpose of DLC on PS3).

My only gripe is that the updates are costing me a fair bit each fortnight! :)

meako1973 14 June, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   16

Just to add, when can we expect to be online battling? Or is this going to be one of those “Watch this space for E3 announcement” moments?

Chris Bruce 14 June, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

Online Battle will be released at the end of June… more announcements to come at E3!

Khaliel 14 June, 2010 @ 5:49 pm   17

Last time you announced “Patience” by Take That on the store… but it never appeared on the singstore. This week it’s not in the list. When will it be available?

meako1973 14 June, 2010 @ 5:58 pm   18

Cheers for letting us know the end of June time for Online Battle. Can’t wait to make other people suffer my renditions of tracks :)

wdreamer 14 June, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   19

I’m devastated that you dare at that Dutch Starter pack as singles a week after I bought the pack for just one song :(

Rip off in my opinion and seems like your keeping a way too close eye on me.

As for the rest, moderate, but better then last few months.

wdreamer 14 June, 2010 @ 6:09 pm   20

Can you finally give us a date for the patch too btw and is SingStar really gonna turn into a Wii Just Dance rip-off with SingStar Dance or is it gonna be Dance songs from 1994?

HumpyMunky 14 June, 2010 @ 6:53 pm   21

Great update! I’ll be getting:

Mika – We Are Golden
Mika – Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)
Pulp – Common People
Travis – Driftwood
Travis – Why Does It Always Rain On Me
U2 – With or Without You

Despite the fact that I’m getting mostly rock/alt songs…dying to get 90′s cheezy pop! We need American boybands, S Club, more Spice Girls, Aqua, stuff like that. Really fun stuff to sing at a party!

Is any of that even a possibility? Especially S Club? Or is it officially on the off limits list?

SabreSephiroth 14 June, 2010 @ 9:09 pm   22

What happened to Take That – Patience from the last update?

Alyndri 14 June, 2010 @ 9:11 pm   23

I’m not holding my breath with these updates. All the songs I wanted from the last update weren’t even released eg girls aloud, take that…

triskhoo 14 June, 2010 @ 9:12 pm   24

What an awesome update!

shad_86 14 June, 2010 @ 9:41 pm   25

What about Waka Waka song from shakira to celebrate the world cup? nobody would expect that!

cheers

shad_86 14 June, 2010 @ 9:55 pm   26

Oh and by the way I forgot to request again the 2009 song:

Black eyed peas- I gotta feeling

thanks for you attention.

Sweapon_UK 14 June, 2010 @ 10:54 pm   27

very cool update!! can`t wait to get them

Prox1mately 14 June, 2010 @ 11:47 pm   28

Seriously, I wish I was rich. I would have bought myself so many songs I’d be bankrupt by now… even with all that richness. xD

Heavy_Nova 15 June, 2010 @ 3:43 am   29

Very cool update! The best I’ve seen since getting Singstar in April.

Looking forward to the E3 announcement…..

PUMA----MATTEO 15 June, 2010 @ 7:42 am   30

Thanks for Mika tracks!!! Now,to complete,you have only to put “Lollipop” and “Happy ending” (duet it will be wonderful).
Thank you very much!
But…..please…..in an update in a year…. put one italian song!! Only one!!
I ask it every time, but it never happens!! You say me that for Italian songs there are more problems than other countries, but a song in a year i believe you can add.. I remember that we pay song the same prize than other people in other countries!!!
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaseee…
Hi all

Lostee48 15 June, 2010 @ 8:57 am   31

Hey do you reckon we get could get the awesome “The United State Of Pop 2009″ on the singstore? That would be so much fun to sing and the video is awesome.

ShinyGoldfish 15 June, 2010 @ 9:59 am   32

Nice update. I really do need to get a bigger HD soon – I’m running out of games to uninstall.

Can’t wait to see what gets announced today. I guess Ubisoft are to blame for the lack of a Singstar MJ?

tetsuwwwww 15 June, 2010 @ 12:40 pm   33

where’s my oasis?

StatusJones 15 June, 2010 @ 2:34 pm   34

my memory isn’t encyclopedic at the best of times and after a couple of drinks it’s even worse, so is there any chance that the store could include info on whether songs have been released on disc (and if so which one)

I know the store warns you if you’re trying to buy a song that is on the disc in the PS3, but it would be nice if it went that little bit further

cheers

tomfoolery_101 16 June, 2010 @ 1:51 am   35

Very very cool. I have given up on the world cup, the bee like drone of the horns make it impossible to watch a whole game. So it is awesome that I now have something better to do with my time. I’m hoping for some big announcements at E3 perhaps a Singstar French Hits twin disk set that would be… oh wait I don’t speak French. Man, I’ve been following this blog too long.

philipathens 16 June, 2010 @ 12:31 pm   36

Hey Cris, the songs are up, but they are locked :S Could you help out? Thanks

P.S How is Nina Doing at E3? :)

Chris Bruce 16 June, 2010 @ 1:08 pm   37

Hi philipathens,

I’m aware of the pricing issue and working with other teams to see if we can resolve it, but it may take some time. Looks like it is a re-occurrence of issues we have seen a couple of times before. Apologies cause I know its a great update this week.

Nina is having a great time at E3, she is busy showing the new SingStar Dance and Guitar features to everyone, and hence is pretty worn out!

I’ll let you know more on the pricing as I hear it…

philipathens 16 June, 2010 @ 1:18 pm   38

Thanks for the fast reply Chris :)
Hope you guys solve it soon!

And I am really jealous of the guys at E3 for getting a glimpse at the new singstar features!

HumpyMunky 16 June, 2010 @ 3:30 pm   39

Just my luck! The last few updates have been good, but just nothing I personally wanted. This one I’m all ready to buy 6 or 7 and they’re locked up! lol

Dimi_01 16 June, 2010 @ 10:23 pm   40

Konami just announced a Glee Karaoke Revolution!
Does this mean we’ll never see Glee on singstar? :(

Pricing issue is fixed :) YAYYY !!! 10x !

Chris Bruce 17 June, 2010 @ 12:08 pm   42

Pricing issues are indeed now resolved… enjoy the new songs!

ShinyGoldfish 18 June, 2010 @ 11:37 am   43

Are we going to get official details (price, date, tracklisting) for Dance and Guitar soon? Presumably we have to wait for Nina to get back from E3 before she can hit the “publish details” button on the blog?

SabreSephiroth 19 June, 2010 @ 12:38 am   44

Is there any news on being able to rip PS2 discs yet?

Larita30 19 June, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   45

HI, I waited so long for some mexican Stuff (Paulina Rubio) at least one and I apreciate it. Thanks. Hope you have the opportunity to add more LATIN music. and I´ll love more Elvis, Savage Garden, U2-One for sale, and I backup the guys who want guns, INXS, Red hot chillis.

Thanks Nina.

For The Supremes – Baby Love, the vocal track drops out when the bars come on the screen and it just plays the bassline. Any idea if this will be fixed?

This is a super awesome update, never got this many songs from a SingStore update before… huge thanks Nina, Chris & all involved!

Now with quality updates such as this coming, is there any chance we’ll get to see the following artists/songs in the near future:

Sarah McLaghlan – Angel