Posted 10:08pm

This Changes Everything: PlayStation Move Available 15th September 2010

Hi everyone! It’s a big day for PlayStation as today we unveiled an unparalleled software lineup, a premium extension to the PlayStation Network called PlayStation Plus and huge momentum on the hardware front with 3D gaming and PlayStation Move at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. With the launch of the world’s first 1:1 motion gaming platform for the system, PlayStation Move, in Europe on 15th September 2010, this truly changes everything. Never before has a player been able to “become” the character in the game…until now.  PlayStation Move puts you right in the middle of the action with deep, rich high definition graphics, dynamic gameplay and complete immersion into the game, all of which is only possible on the PlayStation 3 system.

Move logo

As we previously announced at GDC, PlayStation Move will be available at retailers in a variety of options starting September 15, 2010:

• PlayStation Move motion controller – Available as a standalone for 39.99 euros (MSRP)
  • PlayStation Move, PlayStation Eye and starter disc – 59.99 euros

Additionally, the PlayStation Move navigation controller and PlayStation Eye camera will be available for 29.99 euros each.

Today’s press conference wasn’t just about the new hardware – we also showcased incredible software support with a diverse range of gaming content and genres that deliver something for everyone in the family. SCE Worldwide Studios and our publishing partners will release more than 40 PS3 titles by March 2011 that either support, or are dedicated to the new PlayStation Move platform. Our publishing partners are bringing some of their biggest games to PlayStation Move such as NBA 2K11, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011, Time Crisis: Razing Storm, and Toy Story 3. Friends and families of all ages can get off the couch and get into the action with titles like EyePet, Sports Champions and LittleBigPlanet 2 that bring incredible realism and creativity to the living room. Core gamers can expect to immerse themselves in titles like Heavy Rain, Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs, with incredible precision and realism that was never before possible.

PSmove

I’ll say it again – the PlayStation Move launch will truly change everything. We can’t wait for you to get your hands on PlayStation Move this September and see for yourself how it will transform and enhance the way you play. Leave us your comments and let us know what you’re most looking forward to when PlayStation Move hits store shelves!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

89 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

Gilgamesh29 15 June, 2010 @ 10:21 pm   1

Any chances of UK £ Prices? Thanks :) This looks awesome!

spacehopper69 15 June, 2010 @ 10:24 pm   2

Sorcery was really intriguing and yes it is annoying when GBP prices of anything announced are not forthcoming!

anonymus212 15 June, 2010 @ 10:26 pm   3

WHY IS THE NAVIGATION CONTROLLER 30euro and $30 ?

So we are paying 30 euro for the nav controller when people in the US can get it for $30 ?

By the way.. do you have pricing for the gun/charger ?

Briatore 15 June, 2010 @ 10:30 pm   4

Not a bad price for the starter package imo :)

Hi everyone! I have a question: in the package from 39.99 € How many controllers are there? only one or two?

James Gallagher 15 June, 2010 @ 11:16 pm

That’s the standalone PlayStation Move motion controller price so it includes one controller.

Peetee36 15 June, 2010 @ 10:36 pm   6

Looks great. I’d say about £50, which I think is a great price. Although does anyone know what that starter disc contains? e.g demos etc.

James Gallagher 15 June, 2010 @ 11:14 pm

It comes with an instructional video on how to set up PlayStation Move and demos of third and first party titles.

Fiks1one 15 June, 2010 @ 10:37 pm   7

Sorcery looked pretty cool. :)

FrankieADZ 15 June, 2010 @ 10:39 pm   8

Nice, Ok Sony, I’ve been very good this year, please could you send me one for my birthday.;)

Wish it was sooner I wants Time Crisis, Will we see Point Blank make a return too? ;)

anonymus212 15 June, 2010 @ 10:39 pm   9

Anyone think that £30 for the navigation controller and $30 for the same controller is unfair pricing ?

RazerPhoenix 15 June, 2010 @ 10:40 pm   10

So if we already have a Playstation Eye and only need a Motion Controller, do we not get a starter disc?

James Gallagher 15 June, 2010 @ 11:15 pm

TalllPaul 15 June, 2010 @ 10:40 pm   11

Is it mandatory to get the little controller aswell? On the video it shows a woman using 2 and on SOCOM they use the little controller and MOVE, will we need to buy more than one? :-o

greekgoddj 15 June, 2010 @ 10:42 pm   12

As I already have the camera, I will need to get the two controllers separately… so how do I get the game disc?

Peetee36 15 June, 2010 @ 10:42 pm   13

Wait a minute, am I reading this right? Comes out on the 15th in Europe and the 19th in USA :O

prime1982 15 June, 2010 @ 10:47 pm   14

Well i was going to replace my old xbox and get Kinect but i have now cancelled my pre order, i’m looking forward to some sorcery and mortal kombat.

Just a shame i can’t afford a 3d tv now or anytime soon. just hope there will be a workaround for a 3d monitor just so i can at least get a taster.

Not everyone can afford 3d and somthing should be done so we arn’t left out.

This was a swaying point for me cause i so wanted a 3d tv , it’s like waking up on xmas morning and not being allowed to open your presents. it’s hell :-(

Peetee36 15 June, 2010 @ 10:48 pm   15

@prime1982
I know, the 3D TV’s are extremely overpriced. £2000 for like a 42″? I don’t think so.

So for two people it means 160 EUR… Well I think that is a lot of money because you can buy the whole “fat” PS3 for that money :/

prime1982 15 June, 2010 @ 10:49 pm   17

Good question, so i take it we need two motion controllers for some games and also a sub controller ?

Very crafty lol

Party night b.y.o.m

lol

Peetee36 15 June, 2010 @ 10:55 pm   18

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve seen a single vid where they’re only using one controller. I hope there’s going to be a two controller bundle.

What about people who already own PS Eye – will we be able to buy Playstation Move AND a game in a pack for a reasonable price?

GraphiteGB 15 June, 2010 @ 11:10 pm   20

Seperates always cost more £££. Take the PSEYE – £19.99 on it’s own or £19.99 with Eyepet at launch of eyepet. Buy Eye pet with out the PSEye £15 – £19 at launch now add the Move to that.……

Jaaay2k 15 June, 2010 @ 11:14 pm   21

Where can you get the picture of kevin Butler with move!!! I NEED IT :D

This can be great!

StefanKainz 15 June, 2010 @ 11:26 pm   23

The german PlayStation Blog says that the Move bundle includes Sports Champions. Is this incorrect?

Will the Bundle with the ps3 also be available in Eruope?

Roxas598 15 June, 2010 @ 11:26 pm   24

price in £ please

need to know how much of my B-day money you want to take from me >.>

MinerWilly 15 June, 2010 @ 11:27 pm   25

As an owner of a PS Eye already i want a bundle of the Move controller AND a navigation controller at a slight discount to buying them separately , please comply or I will send in ED-209 .

Peetee36 15 June, 2010 @ 11:30 pm   26

@James
Awesome. It’s definitely a must buy.

Wooooohooo Time Crisis – what I’ve been waiting to hear!! Move is perfect for this. Hopefully they will make a gun holder :)

Is their going to be a Move and sub controller bundle though? (for those with the PS eye already)

Crinkled 15 June, 2010 @ 11:44 pm   28

“All of the demos on the starter disc will be available as free downloads from PlayStation Store at launch.”

I am SO glad to hear this, as I already have TWO PS Eyes — one that I bought standalone, and another that I got bundled with Eye Pet.

Will any of the demos require TWO Move controllers?

Will any of the demos require a NAVIGATION controller?

I’d appreciate it if you could answer these questions, as well as giving a UK price. Thanks!

Oldest_Ancient 15 June, 2010 @ 11:45 pm   29

Based on SONY’s normal exchange rate it’s gonna be roughly:

£48 for the bundle
£32 for the Controller
£24 for the Sub controller

£56 (already got a PS Eye) seems just a touch too much for me at launch but if it’s used well and gets some decent exclusive software I’ll probably pick it up.

KingofUniverse 15 June, 2010 @ 11:47 pm   30

Will the navigation controller be essential, a la the Wii nunchuck, and, if so, will there be a bundle with the controller and navigator?

Killer_Paul 15 June, 2010 @ 11:50 pm   31

no Sports Champions Blu-ray game for Europe?

Amherst_Wind_4 15 June, 2010 @ 11:50 pm   32

Can we have some proper UK £ prices please? Euro isn’t the only currency in Europe.

anonymus212 15 June, 2010 @ 11:52 pm   33

Can mods please answer whether EyePet europe will get a move update ?

Skydancerx 15 June, 2010 @ 11:53 pm   34

I think theres is something wrong. In the Pressconference the bundle was shown at 99 Dollars. (81 Euro)

Pure_Mind_Games 15 June, 2010 @ 11:54 pm   35

so will I have to re-buy RE5, because I don’t have the gold edition or will a patch be brought out for the original?

Pure_Mind_Games 15 June, 2010 @ 11:57 pm   36

@34 so you’d rather pay more? besides pricing doesn’t work with exchange rates

spatsnaz 15 June, 2010 @ 11:57 pm   37

Nice prices, will buy. :P

Oldest_Ancient 15 June, 2010 @ 11:58 pm   38

@34:

The US bundle includes Sports Champions and the EU version doesn’t have any game added in.

Andrefpvs 16 June, 2010 @ 12:00 am   39

Will owners of the regular edition of Resident Evil 5 also get a Move update?

Carnivius_Prime 16 June, 2010 @ 12:20 am   40

Not too sure about them prices. I haven’t yet seen anything to convince me that we ain’t just getting crap Wii games with nicer graphics to justify spending lot of money on several Move controllers but I’ll keep watching out for the different games on offer.

Time Crisis though.. wouldn’t feel right to me without a gun controller.

BubWright 16 June, 2010 @ 12:25 am   41

Something I don’t understand, I see some games with two controllers with the light on the end. does this mean I have to buy two controllers at 39.99 each. And does the controller with the analog come with the 39.99 controller? Thanks

CondorMcG 16 June, 2010 @ 12:27 am   42

Can we always get the price in sterling please?

This looks good so far, but it is kind of a steep investment. I’ll happily use a dualshock 1 handed instead of a nunchuck to start with and I’ve already got the eye. But even with those, really I’m going to need 2 Move controllers aren’t I? I’m guessing thats £70-80, plus a £30 game and we’re talking £100+ or a third the price of the system. That’s without me getting a nunchuck and having already dished out for the eye.

What would really get me interested would be if we could get some patches out for games like Uncharted 1 and 2, inFamous 1, ModNation, stuff I already have. That or put up 5-6 excellent move only titles on the PSN as a bonus for people who buy it.

RavetodaGrave_ 16 June, 2010 @ 1:14 am   43

CRAP HUGE GIMMICK!!!!WHAT A WASTE OF GOD DAMN TIME AND MONEY. ONLY IDIOTS WILL BUY THIS. The Wii would be a much better choice. SONY you should have spent your time making a PS2 emulator

somethingatt 16 June, 2010 @ 2:25 am   44

Great value if you ask me as I already got a cam and today’s MOVE demo at E3 showed how it can properly be used in real games.

Day 1.
Though I won’t be getting the ‘sub controller’.

Shin-Ra 16 June, 2010 @ 3:41 am   45

The new Move games look fantastic. SCEJ’s contributing nicely!

Erorrless 16 June, 2010 @ 6:43 am   46

I watched the presentation last night. It really looked the best out of all 3 motion devices but! I’ve been sitting in my couch since i was 4 only moving my thumbs. Even having to reset octocamo in MGS4 with the flick of a SIXAXIS seemed too much for me. Sorry SONY. I’d rather freeze goblins with just a tap of square instead of waving my whole hand.

Ivan_Krazy 16 June, 2010 @ 7:25 am   47

Kinect looks cool! Seen advertisements on youtube! Maybe Sony and Microsoft were pressurized for a November release date!

lukavelic 16 June, 2010 @ 7:40 am   48

Will we be able to the DS3 instead of the Navigation Controller?

Munkeh111 16 June, 2010 @ 8:03 am   49

Any chance we could get a Move and sub-controller bundle

Paranoimia 16 June, 2010 @ 8:21 am   50

The question which needs to be asked – and in fact HAS been asked, but not answered is this…

Does the term “PlayStation Move” mean JUST the glowing controller, or does it mean the glowing controller AND the sub-controller with the analogue stick as well.

I’m hoping, and from the impression of the E3 demos would also presume, that a single PS Move controller consists of both parts. Otherwise (a) the price is misleading, and (b) a PlayStation Move on its own would be useless for playing most of the games shown at E3.

Please clarify!