Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:59pm

Enslaved: Odyssey To The West Video Interview

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West is one of the most visually striking games I played at E3. It’s developed by Ninja Theory of Heavenly Sword fame and the story is written by Alex Garland, author of The Beach and the scriptwriter behind 28 Days Later. It also features the acting and directorial talents of Andy Serkis.

It’s one of the games I’m most looking forward to this year so at E3, Jeff Rubenstein was kind enough to stay behind the camera while I spoke to the game’s creative director, Tam Antoniades.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West will be available on PS3 this Autumn.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

11 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Falcon1991 25 June, 2010 @ 5:10 pm   1

Brilliant interview.

My brother is a programmer at Ninja Theory and I managed to work there for a week for school, can’t wait to try out Enslaved. :)

This game has been on my radar for a while now. I really enjoyed Heavenly Sword and the gameplay and story look amazing for Enslaved.

Wasn’t really interested in this game at first, but seeing this now I can’t wait to see more.

DKShadow 25 June, 2010 @ 6:51 pm   4

Whenever I see this game I think “Uncharted”. Enslaved looks brilliant, I’m really looking forward to this.

By the way, the game volume is too loud around 3:30-4:00 into the video, so you can barely hear the interview.

Genki-Rocket 25 June, 2010 @ 8:51 pm   5

Thank god – Tameem didn’t say the word ‘bombastic’

I’ll never forgive him for that in the heavenly sword vids

Carnivius_Prime 25 June, 2010 @ 10:20 pm   6

Promising. Loved Heavenly Sword too.

Heavenly Sword was great looking and this reminds me of Uncharted 2, which is no bad thing. Looking forward to trying it in the autumn.

Pure_Mind_Games 28 June, 2010 @ 12:16 am   8

“The Beach”? “28 Day’s Later”? I thought Dev’s wanted people to buy their games? or is that old fashioned now and they’d rather you not by their stuff? in all fairness though I don’t read so book might be good but the film was pants and 28 days did have it’s moments

CyberAlyMan 29 June, 2010 @ 4:20 pm   9

A fine interview, apart from the bit where the sound of the gameplay footage got so loud that I couldn’t hear the guy talking.

I’m really excited for this game. It looks to me like it’ll have the same kind of storytelling that you get in Uncharted, and that can only be good. The setting looks awesome, the characters look ok, the gameplay looks fun.

Carnivius_Prime 29 June, 2010 @ 4:23 pm   10

@8 28 Days Later is excellent if you like fast zombie-types. Hundred times superior to that godawful Dawn of the Dead remake with Ving ‘can’t act for crap’ Rhames anyways. Better storytelling, better direction.

cloverQ 30 June, 2010 @ 4:05 am   11

HEY,J:
nice work!wow,you look like more stronger than before recently,just do more exercise!handsome!