Posted 13 July

Let Us Know What Games You Want To See In PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone, hopefully you all know what PlayStation Plus is from the previous posts and various articles, etc (if you missed it all then don’t worry, just click here for all the details.)

PlayStation Plus

We have been collecting all your feedback from the previous posts and are using that to make sure we are evolving the service in the best way for you guys. However now its time for me to ask you a specific question:

“What games would you like to see as part of PlayStation Plus in the future?”

We’re really keen to make sure we try and get you the best content each month so that there is always something to keep you busy. Just let us know what games you would like to see from the following categories –

• PSN titles
  • PS One Classics
  • minis
  • PS3 titles for Full Game Trial

If you could keep your suggestions in a list and in that order it would be a big help. We will collect all your suggestions together, check out whether they are possible and then post a short list on here ASAP so you can vote on what you want out of the possibles. You can directly influence what games are included in Plus, so get commenting…

Thanks for your help!
James

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

1088 Comments 42 Author replies
Show oldest first

SlapnutzUK 13 July, 2010 @ 10:34 am   1

The answer is EASY.

Anything NEW from this date forward.

Lots of the long term PS3 owners felt the shaft with this. All we get out of this is the automatic updates, the rest of the content we pretty much already own.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:06 am

Hi, will do our best to get any new titles included in the short list, thanks

d34d_ph3n1x 13 July, 2010 @ 10:34 am   2

-Braid Flower Flow FatPrincess

Prangstar 13 July, 2010 @ 10:35 am   3

Sam and Max,
Syphon Filter 1 & 2

1. Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9
2. CHOICE of PSN titles. I already own the titles offered in month 1 and 2, so I don’t see any reason to get PS+ yet.

Main thing is choice, it should not be limited to certain games in any of the categories, you should be able to choose 1 or 2 games from a choice of around 4 in each category.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:10 am

Hi, Thanks for your suggestions, I will pass these on for you. Cheers

I really don’t understand why PS2 games can’t be put on the service, if you do that you will have everyone signing up.

PS1 games are fine but PS2 games would really step things up to the next level.

Another thing that worries me is that I am a member of PSN + and anything I suggest will probably be because I have already purchased it, I would imagine most people have purchased PSN games that interested them.

So how about something unique which is exclusive to the service?

Thanks

Joe

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:14 am

Thanks Joe, I will follow up on the PS2 question but I know there are thechnical issues there that I certainly don’t understand, but will still feed this back. We will be trying to make sure that there is a great mix of content for Plus, old and new, so hopefully there will be plenty that interests you and even get you into a few games you would never played normally?! Cheers

Ragnarok-NZ 13 July, 2010 @ 10:36 am   6

Well I wouldn’t mind seeing some NEW Psone classics available for PSN +.
How about Full game trials of Heavy Rain and other such big PS3 titles [God of war 3, if possible?].
Personally, I would like to see a discount be made towards PSP titles [or possibly giving some PSP Titles for free?].

Or how about you give us monthly discount vouchers for use on ANY purchases on PSN? Like a 50%, 20% & 10% discount vouchers for use on any existing titles. That would be sweet :D

I would like to see newer PSN games be added to PSN+ like Joe Danger.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:18 am

Hi, thnaks for your comments, I will pass all of these on.
    I will def investigate Heavy Rain full game trial but I know one of the issues with this is the size of certain games so will have to see what they can do. Cheers

As #1 says. For us PS3 owners that have been ‘big’ spenders on the PSN we already have most of the content offered.

It would be nice if you could start offering new titles, and new DLC etc for PS+ members as well as the odd older title for those new to the PS3.

PSN Titles
Any Pixeljunk game
Hustle King

PS1 Classic
Crash Team Racing
Hercules (Disney)

Minis
Anything by Halfbrick

I want the ability to customise the auto-downloads, I like the software and firmware updates, but I’d like to be able to choose not to have push demos… My download limit can’t take it

Obviously I’d like stuff I don’t already own, will we see release day games appearing in the bundles or will it always be classics that we’ve most likely already purchased?

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:22 am

I have already passed on that you guys want to customise the downloads so will let you know about that ASAP.
    We are trying to get a good mix of old and new content into Plus so hopefully there will be lots that you like

I’d recommend having warhawk be available to Plus subscribers in one month. I’d love to play it again, but I don’t want to buy it again :) Also, it would make for great promotion of a certain…. hawk in space. A starhawk, if you will :)

Other suggestions include;
-Fat Princess
-Flow
-Trash Panic
-Braid

PSOne
-Residen…oh, its not there yet :P
-Crash Bandicoot: Warped
-Any Final Fantasy Game

Regarding PS3 titles for Full Game Trial, I’m not sure what to suggest gets a trial, as I have no idea which full games are coming! :) But, if i were to hazard a guess, I’d say a Heavenly Sword 1 Hour Trial would be great. Just Don’t Make the full game too expensive. You can get it for a tenner everywhere, so having a version for download that costs £30 would just be silly :) Apart from that, perhaps Uncharted 1 or any of the PS3 Ratchet games. Those would work well!

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:30 am

Thanks for all your suggestions! some great ones in there. Keep an eye out for the next post to see if they are on the short list for you. Cheers

Eighty-Es 13 July, 2010 @ 10:38 am   11

Anything NEW from this date forward.

gr0undp0und 13 July, 2010 @ 10:38 am   12

PS One classics –

Ridge racer
Rayman
Track & Field (reduced price)
Gran Turismo
Bomberman
Battle Arena Toshinden
Twisted Metal

PSN Games

How about the game ‘Mashed’ that came out on the PS2?

Ah yes, and please let us turn off the Auto-demos. Having the heavy rain download to a PS3 is useless when I own the full game! :D

turbogeek421 13 July, 2010 @ 10:39 am   14

R.U.S.E.
DC Universe Online
Final Fantasy 14 Online

pantelis_vaan 13 July, 2010 @ 10:39 am   16

Fat princess
Metal Gear Solid

Very simple one … if I own what is on offer give me a backup, that is all I would like to see.

I already own Flower, Braid, Joe Danger, PixelJunk etc … I am happy with trying anything you put on PS+ so long as it is new to me.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:35 am

Glad your up for trying new things, will try to get some great titles on there for you, cheers

addyjones1234 13 July, 2010 @ 10:40 am   18

PSN:
Fat Princess
Blue Toad Murder Files
Secret Tales of Monkey Island
Joe Danger
Landit Bandit
GT5 Prologue
PS Eye games
Burnout Paradise
NEW releases!

PS1:

Recently released classics!

minis:
Ones that release that month.

PS3 trials:
New games, not back catalogue ;)

Thanks :D Wouldn’t mind the MW2 dlc too ;)

kingofscotland 13 July, 2010 @ 10:40 am   19

PSN titles – Braid, Flower, Trine, Sam & Max, Blue Toad Murder Files & new titles going forward as alot of us already have alot of the back catalogue.
PS One Classics – MGS, FF Titles, Oddworld
minis – not botherered
PS3 titles for Full Game Trial – newer games as again the people investing in Playstation Plus are likely to have invested a fair bit in games over the past few years although luckily I haven’t played Infamous so looking forward to that.

Glad to see you asking for community input, I know you asked during your previous posts so will be good to see what comes of it.

Thanks for asking us.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:38 am

Cheers, hope you enjoy infamous, and keep a look out for the short list that comes from all your suggestions here. Hopefully there will be plenty on there that interests you. ta

vherostar 13 July, 2010 @ 10:41 am   20

PSN titles
Pain
PS One Classics
Simcity 2000
Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Command & Conquer: Red Alert Retaliation
Addon Content
Burnout Paradise Addons

gingie05 13 July, 2010 @ 10:41 am   21

Yeah – I have a lot of the content on the store – new things would make plus so much more worth it, and if I want content from the store I will buy it – I wont wait for it to pop up on plus as a freebie. Therefore plus needs to get in there first exclusively before the store withs ome content (and charge for it) – or at the same time as the “normal” store – but make the content free.
If your looking for games already on the store for suggestions here goes:
PSN – Pain, Flower, Fat princess
PS1 classics – Any of the Final Fantasy games on the store!
Minis – Bloons games all the way!
PS3 trial – Burnout paradise, Ratchet & clank, Uncharted – all the biggies

Gumos22 13 July, 2010 @ 10:41 am   22

PSN: Flower, Fat princess, Joe Danger

PS one: Metal gear solid, Resident evil, Abe, Vagrant story, Front mission 3, Crash

Full game trial: GT5 prologue, Burnout paradise, Ratchet and clank: Crack in time

gr0undp0und 13 July, 2010 @ 10:42 am   23

Wow, 12 comments while I was in the process of writing mine.

How about X-Game chat though before any game.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:42 am

nice try :-) content suggestions only here please. I have another list from the previous posts including certain features;-)

vherostar 13 July, 2010 @ 10:42 am   24

PSN Titles- Sam & Max, Monkey Island

Missed those 2 dunno how I forgot..

oldage9 13 July, 2010 @ 10:42 am   25

if they put up a PS2 game (read: Okami) = instant subscription for me

I’d like to see more new games getting the psn+ treatment
I think that the majority of psn+ subscribers already have the big titles
I own practically everything that’s being given away over these 3 months :( but that hasn’t stopped me from subscribing :)

I feel that the secret of monkey island should be given away one month, as it’s an absolutely amazing game which is genuinely funny.

monsters (probably) stole my princess is one of the best minis going, so that should definitely be given out.

Final Fantasy IX has stood the test of time, and definitely one of the best psone classics available
Any of the first 3 crash bandicoots are an essential part of playstations history, so those are good candidates aswell

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:44 am

Hi, thanks for supporting Plus, hopefully there will be plenty of content that will keep you entertained all year. Thansk fro the suggestions to, cheers

Eis-Brecher 13 July, 2010 @ 10:43 am   27

I don’t have a suggestion for games per se…

but I think an important feature (for the PSN titles in particular) is a a choice of one out of two or three options so as to not penalise people who already own a lot of content from the PSN.

It would be nice if one of these options were a new (ish) title too..

vicentecarro 13 July, 2010 @ 10:43 am   28

NEW content please

AKGermany 13 July, 2010 @ 10:43 am   29

Probably won’t be possible, but I find the proposition of the included Qore in the US PS+ subscription very tempting.

As others have said already – in its current state PS+ offers very little to people who already have spent a lot of money on PSN already. Make this more appealing to your hardcore fans somehow.

randellaUK 13 July, 2010 @ 10:44 am   30

Was thinking i know we have PSN games like Buzz Dino Den which were PS2 games are there plans for more Sony branded games like this?

Also i think for more value Sony should offer maybe movies into the psn+ section as i dont know how well its selling the movies but its a new way to bring consumers into the frame.

On the gamefront ;

Trials of maybe E3 demos of Sonys latest blockbusters?
First Party / 3rd party trials of best sellers.
Give psn users weeks were games are free + there dlc.
As think offering dlc for games people may not have the chance to play means there missing alot.

Games on demand.

Killzone 2 would be a great trial supplied with Killzone 3 E3demo start the hype machine up:)

chief_o_hara 13 July, 2010 @ 10:45 am   31

PS3

Joe Danger
Fat Princess

all Final Fantasy Party

and could you please tell me how i can get Little Big Planet? It’s not in the download section from Playstation Plus and i think it’s supposed to be there. Thanx!

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:49 am

Hi, thanks for your suggestions, if you signed up for a 1 year membership LBP will be with ASAP. Due to operational reasons we have to supply the game via email voucher in Germany, Greece and South Africa. This will be with you shortly but hopefully there is plenty to keep you busy in the mean time. Cheers

SlapnutzUK 13 July, 2010 @ 10:47 am   32

Also…

Give Plus subcribers a subscription long discount of 50% on ALL DLC and 20% on all games or something like that, let me choose what I want.

If SONY want to make money from this they need to stop open it up to allow for user choice, I won’t buy DLC for Killzone 2 if I already have it but give me a blanket discount on all DLC during my sub and you might find instead if 1 or 2 add ons a month I buy 4 or 5! :)

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 11:51 am

Thanks, I’ll pass this on but I know they have to have deals in place with every game developer that’s included in Plus. Therefore its very difficult to offer discounts on everything. Nothing is being discounted though so its on the list, cheers

PSN Titles:
Trine
Burnout Paradise
Flower
Fat princess
Shatter
Magic Orbz

PSOne classics:
All the Final Fantasy games

Full game Trial:
Transformers War For Cybertron
Heavy Rain
Anything newly released since there’s where it makes the most sense

PnunnedZerggie 13 July, 2010 @ 10:47 am   34

I agree to #1 – if the good game is on the market for 2+ months then most gamers already have it and therefore don’t need to pay for it again. Otherwise it’s not a good game and, again, we don’t need it.
So give us NEW games.

gingie05 13 July, 2010 @ 10:50 am   35

How about giving us more choice
Let us pick one of say 4 titles in each catagory – so we can choose something we have not got already.
Even a choice of 2 would be better, seeing it would get hard to have 4 new titles every month.
Unless there is a way for plus to recognise our download list & give us what we dont have… – I think giving a choise of a few titles each month is the way to go.

graphicology 13 July, 2010 @ 10:51 am   36

I would buy PS+ but i have all the games offering a choice would get my vote

pawelgr5 13 July, 2010 @ 10:51 am   37

PSN: anything new

PS One: anything that is not Disney (sorry I am too old for this)

Minis: whatever, never thought I will be interested in this section but firts two titles from Plus are awesome!!

AKGermany 13 July, 2010 @ 10:51 am   38

Thinking outside of the box:
How about if PS+ subscribers had access to cool real world (NOT HOME) Playstation merchandise they could buy exclusively?
Sackboy dolls, Loco Roco plushies, T-Shirts you can’t get anywhere else, high quality posters etc..

I would kill if stuff like that would be made available, and I would buy PS+ in a heartbeat.

Morning,

Out of a large selection of games, I as the consumer would like to choose the content i want to satisfy my gaming needs. In other terms, want to be in total control of what i pay, and not be offered content i already have or would never play or use due to the fact that i already possess a large catalog of games from the Playstation Store, the very best games that is. I indeed am one of these individuals who have heavily invested on the Store for the very best, and therefore couldn’t possibly list any titles since they would concern games that unfortunately do not interest me. If i were to list a few, i’d ask for future Playstation Move games especially since i have yet to join the Playstation Plus membership and doubt i’ll be joining unless the content will eventually target ‘heavy’ users such as myself.

In the end, it is all up to you and whom you are targeting.

Off topic: Ability to change my PSN ID is the one most important feature i await.

teflon6678 13 July, 2010 @ 10:52 am   40

I don’t mind, really, I can appreciate overlaps, so just give us the best selection of games you possibly can.

But whatever you do, could you please, for the love of all people with bandwidth limits, allow us to use the auto-download feature without having push demos?
For both of the first 2 months, I already own MNR, HR, Flower and PJS, I’ve played them plenty of times, but the demos are still pushed to me, and since I’m on a download limited internet plan, that’s 3GB of demos I don’t want, need or have any use for.

As it is right now, the feature is turned off for me because of this lack of choice.

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 12:03 pm

Will def pass this on for you, and hopefully is something we can rectify. Cheers

DarkDeux 13 July, 2010 @ 10:54 am   41

think that most people already have games they like. So the answer is simple: put the new ones.

Dazease 13 July, 2010 @ 10:54 am   42

Please, please, please bring Resident Evil 1,2 and 3 over to EU territory. I would die to play Resident Evil 2 on my PSP!!!

I don’t mind what you are already doing with PS3 and Mini content but please give us some Resident Evil over here!

Also, if possible, Pandemonium, that game was awesome..

AcidCrashX 13 July, 2010 @ 10:54 am   43

Hi James, a few questions before my list. an advert on playstation.co.uk says that PS+ would give me ‘game updates for all the games I play’. So far the games i’ve been playing haven’t been updated during the 2 hour window (games like Lost Planet 2 which updated when loaded it last night), how are these game updates being handled? is it all updates after the date PS+ became active?

Also, is it not possible to get some PSP content in PS+? after all its PS+ not PS3+. As a Go user, some discount on the store would be a great incentive to keep PS+

Finally, rather than lock this content every month, is it possible to have a selection to choose from? I understand content is limited but I own heavy rain, modnation, infamous, littlebigplanet and wipeout so most of the content this month is useless to me, being able to select from a choice of 2 or 3 would have been outstanding.

I’d really appreciate a response to know these ideas have been taken on board. many thanks for your hand work guys :)

James Thorpe 13 July, 2010 @ 12:10 pm

Hi, The updates happen every 2 days at the time you select and look at the last 10 games you played, search for any updates, then the next time it will be the 10 games after that. I can only think that the timing was really bad in this case and an update came up before the PS3 updated again for you. I will check this out for you though.
    At the moment Plus is predominantly PS3 based but you can still use the classics and minis on your PSP. I will pass on the suggestion of having more PSP discounts, etc though and also the suggestion of having a choice each month. Cheers

PS3 Titles:
- Monkey Island I
- Monkey Island II
- Fat Princess

PLEASEEE ! :D

AcidCrashX 13 July, 2010 @ 10:54 am   45

PSN titles: Last Guy, Afterburner Climax, Blue Toad Murder Files, Joe Danger, Inferno Pool
PS One Classics: Final Fantasy titles, Medieval
minis: Monsters probably stole my princess
PS3 titles for Full Game Trial: new releases (no offence but an infamous demo? anyone who is subscribing to PS+ probably already play this, make it more current such as Blur,Split Second, Singularity, Demon Souls, Transformers, Naughty Bear etc please).

Oh well, pretty much anything :) I see PSN+ as a way to get to play games I wouldn’t have downloaded already. Games I didn’t know about.

But to give my list:

Final Fantasy games
Rollcage I & II
Castlevania Chronicles
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Crash Bandicoot

TheDude1815 13 July, 2010 @ 10:54 am   47

I agree with most of the requests that people have come with but I really think that playstation plus should also be integrated with the video store like get 1 free rental or for comix readers 1 free comic. but for all that to work PLEASE expand the contries that have access to the video store and the comix store…..

killah_fury 13 July, 2010 @ 10:55 am   48

PSN Titles:
Fat Princess
Joe Danger

PSOne Classics:
Final Fantasy games
Ridge Racer

Full Game Trial:
Heavy Rain

Addon DLC:
Burnout Paradise
LBP Metal Gear Solid Levels

[please also bring PS2 games to the PSN. I really need some SSX Tricky in my life]

RagingRaven874 13 July, 2010 @ 10:55 am   49

i think id rather have some new features than games tbh it seems that all that gets relesed is old psn games that no one plays anymore. iv bought a lot of psn games so plus doesnt realy offer me anything. it leaves me with a bit of a dilemma when deciding to buy games because i dont know wether it will on plus soon or not, putting me off buying. i wont be renewing my 3 month subscription because its not worth my money unless there is some features like cross game chat

PSN titles:
Pixeljunk Shooter
Anything that comes in the future

PS One Classics: