Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 8:58am

TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together Is Coming To PSP

I am very excited to announce today that our new PSP title, TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together, is coming to Europe very soon.

TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together

TACTICS OGRE is one of the most beloved Strategy RPG titles of all time, with the game being the only one to place in top rankings in the Japanese gaming magazine Weekly Famitsu’s “Top 20 games voted by readers” for 14 years running. Sadly, the original version of the game was never officially published in Europe, however, that is about to be rectified in spectacular fashion…

“Long ago, Power was everything. It was a time called Xytegenia, where metal and evil, enshrouded in darkness, was in control.”

TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together

We have launched a new website, eu.tacticsogregame.com, where you can find more information.

TACTICS OGRE: Let Us Cling Together

Please feel free to leave your thoughts and comments below; I’m looking forward to hearing from you all.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

38 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first
locus2k1 22 July, 2010 @ 9:02 am   1

Awesome, cant wait :D

locus2k1 22 July, 2010 @ 9:04 am   2

Just to verify then, this is a remake of the original… correct? either way it’s looking good :) It’s nice to have another SRPG on the PSP after Tactics. :)

Rui Anderson 22 July, 2010 @ 10:11 am

Hello!

Yes this is the PSP remake of the original TACTICS OGRE released on SNES in 1995 only in Japan :)

vicheous 22 July, 2010 @ 9:05 am   3

Looks cool.. oh and when i click the link it only takes to to a Square Enix pic !!!

Rui Anderson 22 July, 2010 @ 9:57 am

Hello, thank you for your comment!

Sorry we are fixing the problem of the official site right now – it should be available very soon!

Suzzopher 22 July, 2010 @ 9:08 am   4

Awesome news. PSP is my platform of the year this year \o/

so it is coming to europe, great news as i love the tactics style rpgs.
will there be a proper site at that link at some point?

Rui Anderson 22 July, 2010 @ 9:59 am

Hi :) thank you for the comment!

Very sorry – we are fixing the site right now… it should be available to you very soon!

in what way is it coming umd form or digital downlaod

AcidCrashX 22 July, 2010 @ 9:29 am   7

awesome. Guessing a digital version will be released day and date with a retail version? *PSPGo User*

johnleonhart 22 July, 2010 @ 9:31 am   8

This looks rite up my street for when I get a psp go (please say its goin to get a digital release) Also your profile pick is epic, I want one for my psn avatar!

teknochicken 22 July, 2010 @ 9:41 am   9

Its. Actually. Coming. To. Europe. YES!

So this is remake of the Playstation 1 game? And will there be any significant changes from the original?

Rui Anderson 22 July, 2010 @ 10:02 am

Hello!

This is the remake of original SNES version in 1995 with many new features!! Further information will be available very soon… please looking forward to it :)

PurePoison1 22 July, 2010 @ 10:09 am   11

Another awesome game on PSP! Thank you so much!

Any chance of a remake for all of the Ogre series? The more SRPGs the better.

I’m really looking forward to this game :D

Sambuque 22 July, 2010 @ 10:21 am   12

Awesome news, not holding my breath for a digital release though.

Excellent stuff, I loved playing the GBA Tactics Ogre. It’s great to see more games that suit the portable way of game. The recent announcement by Nippon Ichi USA that they were localizing their Zettai Hero and Classic Dungeon was another great boon for the PSP.

I’ve seen some reports from the Famitsu article on Tactics Ogre and I was wondering if this new version will perhaps include a chart to show the requirements for classes in a nice way? I seem to remember that being a difficult thing to tackle without a FAQ.

Ragnarok-NZ 22 July, 2010 @ 10:37 am   14

This is excellent news.
But I would like to know if this is coming to Europe on the Playstation Store, as I own a PSP Go.

MadArcher 22 July, 2010 @ 10:55 am   15

If only its gameplay could be as deep as in the Disgaea series…

GrimNebulinX 22 July, 2010 @ 11:01 am   16

Thank you for such fast confirmation of EU release!

Danlisa 22 July, 2010 @ 11:04 am   17

Gimmie Now!! :o

Eagerly waiting……

AcostaFran 22 July, 2010 @ 11:05 am   18

Excellent news, thanks for the fast confirmation for Europe, I’m really interested on it. But I would like to know too if the PSN release it´s confirmed, as I’m a PSP Go user.

Salty500 22 July, 2010 @ 11:07 am   19

Any chance this will be released for the ps3 ?

gheywood 22 July, 2010 @ 11:38 am   20

Nice! Well as long as it makes it to PSN!!

LaLko60 22 July, 2010 @ 11:58 am   21

This is great ! I really enjoyed the game on ps1. I can’t wait to get my hands on this remake. Man, I’m glad I have a PSP.

Is this release going to be a digital release only? I’d rather buy an UMD version of the game.

eatthemall 22 July, 2010 @ 12:29 pm   22

OH MY GOD

Ikkarus 22 July, 2010 @ 12:33 pm   23

This is the greatest news of 2010 for me.

I loved Final Fantasy Tactics and I know Tactics Ogre was there before this, so I am super pleased Square are bringing this over to Europe. :)

Will there be a collector’s edition by any chance?

considering their is no rply 2 ppl asking if it’s coming as digital download so that means NO

@dgnfly you always assume the worst on here, it could be that they’ve no concrete plans yet for how and when the game is going to be released here.

BTW for those interested in the series, two of the games are now available on the Wii PAL Virtual Console store, they are:

Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordy Caliber

@akaten

dude the UK got more psp games than my region and we can’t even get any good games

Kalamoj 22 July, 2010 @ 2:16 pm   27

Jesus! This is the biggest suprise of the year. Thanks Square.

Lcslick 22 July, 2010 @ 3:53 pm   28

I have never heard of this game but just by looking at the info and screenshots you have given i am definatly getting it. Is there any information regarding the following:
-release date
-price
-avalible on psn and retail stores
-if avalible on psn what file size will it be. since it is a remade SNES game i would hope it ws small otherwise i may have to get another memory stick :)

KidCactus 22 July, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   29

Since it says “Countries: AE, AU, GB, IE, NZ”, does this mean it will be on PSN only in those countries, and not available for me to download in Sweden?

Ankh-Morpork 22 July, 2010 @ 5:50 pm   30

Download? UMD? Both?

Would love an answer to this.
I don’t want to get excited for this if I can’t play it on my PSPgo.

@KidCactus

i hope those aren’t the only countries who get it cause then the rest off europe get shafted again as usual

Magnifico 22 July, 2010 @ 6:18 pm   32

Rui, can you please tell us who is working on the English translation? Is this Alexander O. Smith who worked on most of Square’s and Matsuno’s games set in the Ivalice world, and whose work is particularly beloved?

@MadArcher

Not sure if serious…

This is the best news of this year for me , can’t wait :).

akekak3333 22 July, 2010 @ 6:42 pm   34

Very excited about this! Never would have imagined Square Enix would bring back the Ogre series – much less with Matsuno himself on board! Can’t wait for the european release. :)

Also, I too would like to know if Mr. Smith and Mr. Reeder of Kajiya Productions are working on the localization? I would assume they are, but..

Rui Anderson 23 July, 2010 @ 3:35 pm   35

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for such a positive feedback!! I cannot wait myself to bring the game out here in Europe. All the details (e.g. UMD or Digital) are all TBC yet we will reveal more details in the coming months :)

Magnifico 23 July, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   36

akekak3333, I’ve finally got an answer to our question. Yes, they are confirmed to be working on this. So we’re guaranteed a quality translation, and not the botched job that the old Atlus version was.

To think I practically paid 80-90$ for the old PlayStation Atlus edition, how happy am I to hear of this!

There are some flaws that do need to be fixed though, like the ridiculously overpowered archers and easily abusable spells such as petrify. The original game required you to fight against your own men for hours and hours just to level up too, which was simply repetitive and not fun.

Shadowdragoon 24 July, 2010 @ 10:41 am   37

Really looking forwards to this game. If its anything like the gba game Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis, that I had imported from US, this one will be great. Better than Final Fantasy Tactics.

Rui Anderson 29 July, 2010 @ 2:07 pm   38

Please check our new Facebook page – Tactics Ogre : Let Us Cling Together (EU)!! More information will be revealed soon :)