Posted 4:58pm

First Glimpse Of inFAMOUS 2’s Stylish Cut-Scenes

Hot on the heels of our E3 inFAMOUS 2 playthrough, we wanted to share with you the very first sneak-peek at one of the 2D cut-scenes from inFAMOUS 2. Check out the below from Edward Pun, Senior Artist at Sucker Punch Productions:

For all of our awesome fans who weren’t at Comic-Con this year, I’m really excited to share the first look at the 2D cutscenes from inFamous 2 we debuted yesterday night!

As Senior Artist on the title, I work with the art teams to help production run smoothly and tackle the huge task of drawing every frame of our graphic cut scenes. It’s time consuming and a lot of hard work but in the end, I hope inFAMOUS 2 will reflect our love for comic books and give fans the experience of being a super powered hero. It means a lot to both me and the team to see all the love you have for inFAMOUS. In addition, we may have some Comic-Con panel highlights next week to share as well.

Also, some of you may have seen this behind the scenes video on the US blog – enjoy!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

taurus82 23 July, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   1

Please upload these videos onto the PS Store.

anonymus212 23 July, 2010 @ 5:16 pm   2

I am wondering when EU will get info on Little Big Planet 2… its pre-order bonuses … release date and collectors edition info

YES, we need info about LBP2 CE!!! I hope it will be as amazing as US version PLEASE ;(

I wasn’t really looking forward to inFamous 2 but after seeing that, I can’t wait.

DKShadow 23 July, 2010 @ 5:36 pm   5

Great interview. inFAMOUS was a superb game and I’m sure inFAMOUS 2 will blow us away too. Keep up the good work, guys! ^

vonhammer 23 July, 2010 @ 5:39 pm   6

Glad the comic story scenes still feature.

Also new cole sounds good in this vid,definitely keeps og coles look on thing intact,shame his look is changing again :( just got used to it after that gameplay vid.

TheEnigma 23 July, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   7

Loved the first one and I’m not usually into comics at all and inFamous was amazing, really looking forward to the second one though I’m not a fan of the redesign of Cole I just dont get why he needed to be changed.

2 bad they destroyed the main character first he was like a anti-hero

Before you have all these videos up for us PS3 owners to see why dont you sort the bloody browser out so WE CAN ACTUALLY WATCH THESE!!!!

You guys are useless. I and many others so badly would love to see these videos your all posting up but cant… whats the point?

Need thia game!!

somethingatt 23 July, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   11

@1: “Please upload these videos onto the PS Store.”

vonhammer 23 July, 2010 @ 7:02 pm   12

“now he is just a regular old boring person kinda 2 bad they diden’t keep it original”

He’s changing again

djreplay 23 July, 2010 @ 7:27 pm   13

OMG, That looks badass.

Smoutefretter_BE 23 July, 2010 @ 7:27 pm   14

looking forward to Infamous 2
Today I started playing Infamous again :D still a good game!

da-wolfdude 23 July, 2010 @ 7:34 pm   15

Hope he realy looks like he used to, like in the cut scen.

harryk7 23 July, 2010 @ 7:42 pm   16

awesome

Alastair- 23 July, 2010 @ 8:11 pm   17

InFamous is my favourite game on PS3. I loved it, the visuals, the story, the gameplay.

It was my type of game.

What is this new game though? A sequel? He says he came to learn how to climb but he should already know.

stormyuk 23 July, 2010 @ 8:40 pm   18

Awesome! Looks like we are also getting the old look back, if not the old voice, so that’s a victory for common sense!

Apnomis 23 July, 2010 @ 8:43 pm   19

That’s more like it! That trailer actually felt like an inFamous game! I for one am really glad they had a rethink about the art style of the sequel and retained a bit of the original Cole for fans of the first game. IMO the original Cole redesign for inFamous 2 was just too much of a departure, it looked like a completely different character.

Although I do find it hard to believe that on the US Blog people are now saying they liked the first redesign! There’s no pleasing some people, it got universal criticism when it was unveiled, hence why they went back the the drawing board…

thomdibble 23 July, 2010 @ 9:27 pm   20

this game looks quality! loved inFamous (did feel that the enemies got a bit too stale though towards the end, needs more variety there, big time, other than that no complaints really!), read at IGN that Cole is going to end up looking more similar as to how he did in the original. thumbs up on that choice. just looks really fun. good work

DANNY3194 23 July, 2010 @ 10:00 pm   21

I really enjoyed the original inFAMOUS with it’s very unique choices as well as it’s grab the whole audience story.

Can’t wait for the second instalment in this franchise, and a tease regarding multiplayer? A bonus!

<3 Sucker Punch

My time with inFamous was probably the most fun I have had this console generation, so much so I went for the Platinum. I can't wait for the sequel!

I just HATE 2D cutscenes!
They pull me out of the story and they look to me like a lazy excuse to do something arty. Didn´t you guys wanted to be as good as Uncharted 2?

SlipperyFella 24 July, 2010 @ 1:33 am   24

the 2D cutscenes are totally bad-ass, like they’re ripped straight from a comic book, which fits perfectly with the superhero nature of the game

smokeypsd 24 July, 2010 @ 1:47 am   25

thanks so much guys for seeing the light and bringing Cole back into line with how he was originally. I just couldnt shake the feeling that his new look was decided by a marketing team, and not an actual art department. The Cutscenes look like they’re coming along nicely too. Loved them in the original, really helped to solidify the mythos of Cole as his very own hero/antihero.

@OttoT, go play the next generic testosterone spacemarine shooter then.

NotoriousR 24 July, 2010 @ 8:20 am   26

@OttoT

2d comic cutscenes are fantastic and fit right in with the comic theme. If you don’t like it, don’t play it. Simple as that.

stormyuk 24 July, 2010 @ 11:12 am   27

I loved the 2D cut scenes in infamous, really got you into the comic feel of the game, lets hope infamous 2 builds on that, and judging by that beauty it does!

Black35 25 July, 2010 @ 12:11 am   28

@OttoT:
Wat een kortzichtigheid -_-’.
Who says that it can’t be as good as Uncharted 2 if it has 2D cut scenes? Or rather: Who says that it must be as good as Uncharted 2?
Either way, the 2D cut scenes add much to the comic book feeling.
————–
Love the cut scene, though I still need to get used to the new voice actor.
At least they will change Cole back :) .

jamestillett 25 July, 2010 @ 2:33 pm   29

when are the neo geo & turbofx games coming to the euro psn store as already confirmed for the US store? long live retro 2d

jamestillett

they probably ain´t coming 2 europe considering the same thing is happening with the so called ps1 classic we are supposse 2 be getting yet we are still waiting for those for about a year