Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:59pm

Digital Comics Store Update (28th July 2010)

We’ve got an absolutely massive update for you this week. First though we have a some good news. Many of you have asked for a way to buy complete series or story arcs instead of having to buy each issue individually. From today we are offering you the opportunity to purchase comic bundles at a lower price than if you purchase each issue. What better way to get in to Wormwood: Gentlemen Corpse (5 issues for £3.19) or Zombies vs Robots (3 issues for £1.89)? You’ll find them on the store in the section marked “Bundles” and a full list of them below.

Digital Comics Store Update (28th July 2010)

On to this week’s highlights:

We have two more free comics from DC this week. The first wins my best title award: Bottle of Awesome #1. Billy Butterman is a loser, a putz. High school is a total nightmare: all the cool guys pick on him, girls ignore him. That is, until the day he encounters a mysterious hobo, who urges him into drink from a bottle of awesome. However, he warns Billy not to drink too much, for a person can become too awesome. Will Billy heed his words?

The second free comic introduces us to the world of Ex Machina which Publishers Weekly described as “…half X-Files, half West Wing and 100% genius”. Ex Machina is far from a traditional “cape and tights” adventure story. It is a sophisticated superhero story for readers who are sceptical of anyone who can jump over a building in a single bound. The second issue is also on the store for 79p
IDW continues the epic tale of Dragon Age, the second issue is out now!

We also see Jurassic Park #1 – It’s been 13 years since little Tim and Lex Murphy escaped from the island of Isla Sorna, and recent public opinion has reversed, with the world clamouring for authorities to re-open Jurassic Park! With the help of their controversial Granddad’s inheritance and their own sharp wits, a secret deal is struck to open a new park! This time they’ll get it right…right? Bob Schreck makes his writing debut on this all-new tale, under covers from fellow industry legends Frank Miller and Tom Yeates!

From Marvel this week we have more Daredevil and all six issues of The Infinity Gauntlet which happens to be one of the best stories Marvel has ever told.

Disney fans should be happy with Pocahontas. Or if you are after something more mature then check out Markosia’s beautifully disturbing Breathe #1.

Single Issues

• Fantastic Four: Civil War, Book 2 (4 issues) – Marvel, £3.99
  • Locke and Key: Welcome to Lovecraft (6 issues) – IDW, £5.59
  • Vampire Hunter D: Volume 1 (6 issues) – IDW, £5.59
  • Astro Boy: The Official Movie Adaptation (4 issues) – IDW, £3.99
  • Groom Lake (4 issues) – IDW, £3.99
  • Star Trek: Nero (4 issues) -IDW, £3.99
  • Wormwood: Gentleman Corpse – Birds, Bees, Blood & Beer (5 issues) – IDW, £3.19
  • Star Trek: Countdown (4 issues) – IDW, £2.55
  • Tank Girl: The Gifting (4 issues) – IDW, £2.55
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Alliance (4 issues) – IDW, £2.55
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Prequel: Defiance (4 issues) – IDW, £2.55
  • Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Movie Adaptation (4 issues) – IDW, £2.55
  • Zombies vs Robots (3 issues) – IDW, £1.89

As always check PlayStationComics.com for all your comic needs.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first
Shadowdragoon 28 July, 2010 @ 3:04 pm   1

Ahh. Beutifull summer..

What I would pay to relax outside, whit a PSP filled whit comics.. ;)

well, not much chance for that, this summer right? do you think it would be possible for Scandinavia/rest of EU to do this next summer?

Or, that there migth be a crossregion gifting option that could help whit it?

of for the rainfilled days, a comic reader for the PS3?

(So, was it a nice summer theme for the questions this time?)

As for comics wanted on store, do you still take wishes? my is Mandrake the magician.

How is summer treating you?

Note for Scandinavians, still good idea to post at
http://tinyurl.com/2ukvzfe Yes, you too Swedish people.

SpiderMike_X 28 July, 2010 @ 3:09 pm   2

Outstanding update. Any more Spider-man content in the pipeline?

Pete Stott 28 July, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

Cheers! I’m afraid Pauline is still on her way back from Comic-con so I don’t have access to any future release schedules. Saying that, I’d be suprised if we weren’t to see some more Spider-Man soon.

Lantianer21 28 July, 2010 @ 3:09 pm   3

When can we expect this here :(
So much nice comics!

heretic15 28 July, 2010 @ 3:10 pm   4

Awesome bundle idea, i understand DC are relatively new to the PSN comic store, but will there be any batman/superman bundles any time soon? I notice fantastic four, i look forward to captain america and spiderman bundles also. Am i right in saying this is at the disgression of publishers again.

Awesome update guys and huge collection, if bundles like this keep rolling in you will soon get alot more purchases from me. Keep up the good work!

Pete Stott 28 July, 2010 @ 3:19 pm

Thanks Heretic15! As you say, it is up to each publisher to say which comics they wish to bundle. Hopefully we’ll see some more soon.

newsky87 28 July, 2010 @ 3:18 pm   5

Damn, just thought I’d be saving my pennies this week and you go and release Under the Red Hood!

Pete Stott 28 July, 2010 @ 3:22 pm

I’ve not read it myself, you’d recommend it then? The covers look awesome.

sounds like a great update, and im tempted by a few bundles.
I gave in a bought the paper version of Angel;after the fall vol.1. Would like to buy the rest for psp, any news?
Also waiting for the continuation of transformers;nefarious.
Thanks again, its good to see a blog post without complaints about lack of content.

Pete Stott 28 July, 2010 @ 3:26 pm

Sorry Mulukh, I have no news for you yet. All our publishers have been a little busy recently with SDCC, now it’s calmed down a little I’ll ping them mail.

rospondek 28 July, 2010 @ 3:24 pm   7

Any info bout classic series? I mean Broken Batman feat Bane and Superman vs Doomsday.
And what about Neozoic?
one last question. Any chance for Star Wars comics?

Silent_Gig 28 July, 2010 @ 3:25 pm   8

Any chance of getting the Waking dead on the store?

Pete Stott 28 July, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

I believe we’ve requested the Walking Dead, I hope they say yes.

Shadowdragoon 28 July, 2010 @ 3:30 pm   9

Pete, Mind getting my post out of “Your comment is awaiting moderation.” Limbo? ;) seems I should rather use the normal link that will be broken over that shortened url you suplied. ;)

Ps, forgot it in the original post, thanks for the two free ones. ;)

Pete Stott 28 July, 2010 @ 3:33 pm

hehe :-) Sorry, I don’t have those kinds of powers (probably wouldn’t be the first one I’d pick either!)
    PS no worries.

Darkscorpius 28 July, 2010 @ 3:33 pm   10

Nice update Pete, I was going to wait until my new credit card arrives but screw that, I’ll pick up a PSN voucher tomorrow after work.

A few of the bundles look tempting and I might check out the new comics from Markosia along with my usual downloads. Keep up the good work guys.

addyjones1234 28 July, 2010 @ 3:41 pm   11

Great update again! Looking forward to the Ratchet and Clank comics :D Will we be seeing more Red Faction/mirrors edge/ GOW?

acridweasel 28 July, 2010 @ 3:50 pm   12

Great update, especially welcome are the bundles.
Any news at all on the next Locke and Key: Crown of Shadows issues?
My breath has been bated for some time now… :)

newsky87 28 July, 2010 @ 4:05 pm   13

“I’ve not read it myself, you’d recommend it then? The covers look awesome.”

Me neither TBH, but it was on my wanted list, I’ll let you know next week.

zerolaff 28 July, 2010 @ 4:15 pm   14

I’d love to read ‘Under the Red Hood’ after seeing the BD movie from DC..

Carnivius_Prime 28 July, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   15

Nice on the Transformers Movie bundles. Very appealing to me.

danielmccue 28 July, 2010 @ 4:34 pm   16

please please please please
bring comic out for ps3 all these comics look so awesome but my psp is broken so i cant purchase any of them.

surely it makes sense to branch out to ps3 since you will be more than doubling your potential sales?

TheSilverHornet 28 July, 2010 @ 5:26 pm   17

Yippie! Dragon Age #2 and the next Army of Two, been waiting for these for ages. You’re doing a great job comic store guys. :)

hamildan 28 July, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   18

Bundles…finally.

Can we have more classic Kirby…..?

classic F4, more Avengers or even better some 4th world saga from DC.

ROBERTWARNES 28 July, 2010 @ 5:48 pm   19

When is Syphon Filter: Opposition Effect coming?

HazelAM 28 July, 2010 @ 6:05 pm   20

more free comics, nice :) , no wonder woman, not so much. :(
the bundles are a great idea, might purchase one or two.
and another gen 13. :)
apart from the lack of a certain woman, you know the one who’s a wonder, a wonder woman you could say :), it’s another great update.

Pete Stott 29 July, 2010 @ 10:30 am

Hi HazelAM, as I said last week – contact me on Twitter @psncomics and I’ll sort you out with some Wonder Woman ;-)

Great to see bundles on the store :)
Any idea when we could expect to see We Will Bury You #4?

Ravenblade86 28 July, 2010 @ 7:19 pm   22

That update is actually scary because it’s so good! :) My poor wallet lol Really do have a massive amount of stuff I want to buy this week.

Great to see bundles arrive on the store.

TrulyALie 28 July, 2010 @ 7:20 pm   23

I really need to get some money to make the most of this store, the amount of content is growing ridiculously.

James Gallagher 28 July, 2010 @ 7:41 pm   24

Great update, Pete – I just picked up the Wormwood bundle to read on the way to work tomorrow!

Pete Stott 29 July, 2010 @ 10:32 am

Cheers James! Wormwood is an excellent series – Didn’t you interview Ben TempleSmith not so long ago?

Ravenblade86 28 July, 2010 @ 9:22 pm   25

@James

You might not want to let anyone look over your shoulder on the way to work then lol

person678 28 July, 2010 @ 9:33 pm   26

Can we expect the rest of Marvel Zombies 2 soon?

Toothball 29 July, 2010 @ 10:25 am   27

I quite like the bundles. Picking up a whole series in one is much more convenient. I usually prefer picking up a batch rather than individual chapters here and there.

Shadowdragoon 30 July, 2010 @ 12:06 pm   28

Pete, as my post that waited for mod to OK it is now visible. Would it be possible to get some replie to it? ;) (Its is Comment nr1 on the list, as it kept its place even when waiting for OK from mod because of shortened URL)

I want Tin Tin!!!!

Martingutten 1 August, 2010 @ 8:05 pm   30

One more that feels abandoned by SCE(UK)E =( WTB this feature, after all: I payed the same for my PSP as any Briton did!