Posted 2:00pm

Kingdom Hearts Special Edition

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know about a great Special Edition we’re planning to release to celebrate KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep launch on 10th September. There’s not long to wait now!
Here’s a picture of the box art for the Special Edition, I hope you like it.

KH_BBS_PSP_PACKSHOT_3D_UK

As well as a copy of the game for PSP, there are two exclusive items that you’ll also get in this version:

If you don’t know what KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep is about (where have you been?), then check out the trailer below : )

The Special Edition is being distributed in UK, France, Germany/Austria/Switzerland, Nordic countries, Benelux, Spain, Italy, Australia/New Zealand, Russia, Portugal, Greece and Cyprus.

Please do check availability with your friendly local retail outlet.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

53 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

Roxas598 29 July, 2010 @ 2:02 pm   1

DO WANT!

but i have a PSP go….for now

Jackal24_ 29 July, 2010 @ 2:04 pm   2

Just ordered it.

I just had to cancel my order and get this before it was too late.

Omega932000 29 July, 2010 @ 2:07 pm   3

Does Sweden count in as “nordic countries”?

Rob Rutter 29 July, 2010 @ 2:29 pm

Sweden does count as ‘Nordic countries’ Omega932000, so it will be available there too : )

Kotatsu2000 29 July, 2010 @ 2:11 pm   4

How do PSP Go owners get these extras? Or does that get filed under the ‘PSP Go is dead, you’re a fool for buying one’ section?

antikewl 29 July, 2010 @ 2:11 pm   5

Gah! Got all excited then. Thought it’d be an announcement for the original re-released to PS3.

flyingteddy 29 July, 2010 @ 2:16 pm   6

Is the game cover itself the same as the regular version? Is this just an outer box containing the bonus material and game?

Rob Rutter 29 July, 2010 @ 2:31 pm

Hi flyingteddy, the artwork shown in the blog post is the outer box artwork. Inside you’ll get the hardcover artbook, art prints and copy of the game (the cover of this is the same as the regular version). Hope this helps!

looks nice

Wow, that looks great :D

Please, is this coming to the PSN. I only have a go now (my old PSP broke down) Pretty please, release this game on PSN (maybe even day and date with the retail release, that would be nice!)

European_Gamer 29 July, 2010 @ 2:17 pm   9

Where’s the trailer? I don’t see it

remanutd5 29 July, 2010 @ 2:19 pm   10

is it coming out on PSN on launch date?

Tarkess 29 July, 2010 @ 2:21 pm   11

Just a heads up to Sony and Square Enix, if you re-released Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 in HD for the PS3 (Like you did with the God of War series), you’d probably make a LOT of money.

person678 29 July, 2010 @ 2:22 pm   12

Good stuff. But as others have said, it will be released on PSN, right?
Any response would be appreciated.

SlipperyFella 29 July, 2010 @ 2:24 pm   13

I want it just for the box

Sumanji 29 July, 2010 @ 2:26 pm   14

Only got a PSP a couple of weeks back – I’m guessing this is a “must have”?

Rob… You’re responding to the posts that don’t ask if the game will be released on PSN. At least tell us if it isn’t :(

Rob Rutter 29 July, 2010 @ 3:43 pm

Hi V_Ben, I know a lot of people are interested in whether Kingdom Hearts BBS will be on PlayStation Store, but I’m afraid there’s no news on this yet. Sorry!

YauOrigiN 29 July, 2010 @ 2:36 pm   16

Just pre-ordered, as a massive fan of Kingdom Hearts this is a must have. =D

Neo-Renzokuken 29 July, 2010 @ 2:37 pm   17

Will this Special Eidtion be in a sturdy box and open up like the Dissidia Special Edition?

Philip99 29 July, 2010 @ 2:47 pm   18

Is the special box of the hard cardboard variety, ala Dissidia and Crisis Core special editions, or the thin, nasty, cheap and ultimately unwanted flimsy “cardboard” affair ala FFXIII?

Basket21 29 July, 2010 @ 2:49 pm   19

Will this be released on PSN too?

And if it will .. will the price be adjusted to show its a downloadable game? where u dont get cover/case whatever.

I hope its lower then the boxed version

supersmileydude 29 July, 2010 @ 2:52 pm   20

PSN? i also have upgraded to a pspgo and gave my brother my old fat psp. i dont know if my fragile mind will cope with waiting beyond 10th sept for it!! :s

Thanks for the response Rob! Hopefully there’s some news on a PSN release at Gamescom :)

GrumpyMcGrump 29 July, 2010 @ 4:58 pm   22

you just have to release it on the psn store.it’s a big market and i only have a go. i think i would sell my psp if kingdom hearts wouldn’t be released on the store…

Yooohoooo!At last!The Special Edition looks amazing,thanks Square Enix!First-day purchase for me!:D

JOY_101 29 July, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   24

BBS for PSP Go, please?

they keep announcing psp games on the blog yet they never ever mention if it’s gonna be on the pspGO why bother posting it at all

Saber_IV 29 July, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   26

Any chance there will be an LE BBS PSP Go?

Will this be coming to North America? I rather get this version over the special order decals….

Neo-Delta 29 July, 2010 @ 6:05 pm   28

The post says it related to IE.
Is this a confirmation that the special edition is coming to the Republic of Ireland?(ie..Included in the UK)

sonicspd145 29 July, 2010 @ 7:08 pm   29

Honestly for the states i would love to buy this. but i guess that is a slim chance since the description for the special edition didn’t slate it for the states

iisc2k7 29 July, 2010 @ 7:50 pm   30

I’d love to play this on my psp go…

Fluidic-Venus 29 July, 2010 @ 8:05 pm   31

Must… own… now…

ProjectInfiniti 29 July, 2010 @ 8:27 pm   32

This had BETTER be on PSN as this was my decision on making a suicide move of owning a Go and selling off my 2000.

Otherwise someone is going to get a nice disgusting present mailed to them. Seriously.

Tired of wondering when Sony and anyone else still supports the PSP Go.

Mikal_Drey 29 July, 2010 @ 8:59 pm   33

hey hey

i just found my brithday pressie to myself \o/

AKGermany 29 July, 2010 @ 9:03 pm   34

Awesome – will buy, to be honest I would have waited if only the regular version was available because I have a big backlog on PSP, but these PSP Special Edition are really nice.
For the next game though – please drop the huge special edition crown print. I would think collector’s especially won’t want their cover art compromised by stuff like this.

Falcon1991 29 July, 2010 @ 10:22 pm   35

When I have the money, I’ll definitely be getting this package.

Where can i order this online? I wan’t to import it. please tell meeee

TheTrueMiH 29 July, 2010 @ 11:54 pm   37

So Rob, does this mean that we will not be seeing this pretty cool special edition here in Poland?

faiz_ziaf 30 July, 2010 @ 12:51 am   38

This ones going to be worth a little money in the future because of the disney association

I really want a psp go for the ten free games, but still love the 3000 for the special editions

nemesisND1derboy 30 July, 2010 @ 1:14 am   39

Hey man gotta say this looks really awesome and I want it! Ist it launching in Ireland as the included countries says IE however your post doesnt mention it…

Really looking forward to BBS!

smokeypsd 30 July, 2010 @ 4:44 am   40

I still hope this will be available on the psn, unlike Silent Hill Shattered Memories. Which I will have to buy off the US store, further inconveniencing me when I need to switch accounts.

This isn’t enough to be interested in buying hard copy, I still prefer digital right now even though I have a 3000 as I like my handheld gaming to be actually portable, and I want to keep my number of umds down.

turbo-ff 30 July, 2010 @ 9:29 am   41

I have both PSP 2004 and PSP GO but I prefer PSP GO it’s smaller and have bluetooth. If only games in digital version where cheaper since they don’t need box, manual, umd and all stuff related to this BUT they are usually 30% more expensive than versions from my local store it’s just sick.

The biggest problem to me is that I can’t transfer games from UMD to PSP Go, can’t SONY make some serial codes inside BOX version so you can download ONE and only ONE copy of the game from Store. I think it’s good idea because you always have a backup and/or version for PSP GO.

20 aussie bucks more for an Art book and a some Arts cards is a bit steep where’s the sound track

Shadowdragoon 30 July, 2010 @ 12:04 pm   43

Quick question. Do you count Norway as Nordic country? ;)

Andrefpvs 30 July, 2010 @ 5:02 pm   44

Would you guys consider releasing a Kingdom Hearts Collection for the PS3? This would especially benefit European players since you could also throw in RE:Chain of Memories in the mix (this game was never released in Europe).

Xperius 30 July, 2010 @ 7:20 pm   45

Indeed Andrefpvs, and lets add Final Mix to that whole package too :D

I’d love and I’d definatly lay down 150 euro’s if needed, IT IS NEEDED WHAT AM I SAYING, I NEED IT NOW XD.

daxterclankwii 31 July, 2010 @ 12:48 pm   46

This special edition is very cool, but is there any possibility for a Kingdom Hearts-PSP Bundle in Europe?

Marth380 31 July, 2010 @ 3:53 pm   47

i dont LIKE it, i freaking LOVE it :D

zadorvp 31 July, 2010 @ 3:54 pm   48

Leonard Nimoy and Mark Hamill :D

Marth380 31 July, 2010 @ 3:57 pm   49

@ turbo-ff
probably not. it means that you downloaded the game and still have the UMD, witch you can sell for instance. you have 2 games in 1……
i think its a good idea if they just sell boxed whitout UMD but with a code so you can download the game. so you can still have a special edition or something :)

Socks124 20 August, 2010 @ 6:54 pm   50

so…where can we order it online?

Load all