Posted 5 August

LittleBigPlanet 2 Adventure Trailer

Hey everyone! Alex here, with some updates on LittleBigPlanet 2 – including a cool new trailer for you to check out…

Unless you’ve been hiding yourself under a rock for quite some time (which must get uncomfortable), you’ll already know about the importance of CREATIVITY in LittleBigPlanet. You’re given access to the same tools as Media Molecule, so that you can create your own amazing levels and contraptions to share with the rest of the world. LittleBigPlanet 2 takes the possibilities of the first game, and supercharges them, giving you the opportunity to create whole new type of gameplay experiences: top-down racers, side-scrolling shooters, sheep-launching-bazooka-anti-grav-deathmatch-arenas… and that’s just the obvious ones.

But LittleBigPlanet 2 isn’t just about creating – first and foremost, it’s about fun in all its forms. So aside from all of those creative tools, there’s a whole meaty Story Mode to explore. It’s an epic adventure through time and space, featuring awesome gameplay types, cool new power-ups, and a quirky cast of new characters. And on top of all of that, up to four players can get involved for maximum multiplayer merriment (thanks, Mr Thesaurus).

So, take a peek at all of this by checking out the new ‘Adventure’ Trailer…

There’s going to be lots more LittleBigPlanet news to come over the next few weeks (especially once GamesCom gets started). But I’ll be down there in the comments for a while, ready to answer as many of your questions as I can. In particular, some of you may have seen some of the news that Mark over in the US announced during ComiCon about Collector’s Editions, pre-order items, release dates, etc. We’re not quite ready to confirm all of these details for PAL folks yet, but I want to reassure you that there’s some cool stuff on the horizon, and that you can expect to see LittleBigPlanet 2 in stores right around the same time.

Enjoy the trailer, and look out for more Sackboy-related news soon…

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

56 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

GOTY 2010! Looks greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :)

robotiod 5 August, 2010 @ 4:07 pm   2

OOOOh I cant wait, LBP is the best thing that has ever happened to the PS3.

addyjones1234 5 August, 2010 @ 4:09 pm   3

First and foremost, played LBP2 last weekend at Beta Rooms. Amazing job guys! Had great fun on it!

Someone’s gonna ask it but, CE details please :P And an EU release date :D

MalcolmHB 5 August, 2010 @ 4:10 pm   4

Amazing, can’t wait. I hope we do get the collectors edition, I’ll certainly be pre-ordering it. :D

RazerPhoenix 5 August, 2010 @ 4:11 pm   5

Awesome trailer, really looking forward to this game!

Glad to hear we will be getting more news soon, hears hoping any Collectors Edition we get will be just as cool if not better than the US version.

Agamer2006 5 August, 2010 @ 4:15 pm   6

Loving the gadgets, cant wait to see what you have planned for gamescom

Hi really love Littlebigplanet and looking forward to the second one. But the special edition america is getting looks awesome, could we get the same package pretty please :) Because that plush toy and bookends look awesome, thanks Ash7592

It looks awesome, BUT will the create tool support mouse and keyboard and will I be able to import my own pictures NOT using the eyetoy?

MinusLand 5 August, 2010 @ 4:23 pm   9

Will LittleBigPlanet 2 available for everyone to play at GamesCom? I will be going for the first time as press there and have this high on my list!

Anyways, this was yet again a awesome trailer and it makes me absolutely excited to play through it’s story. Who doesn’t like a interesting good vs. evil plot? :)

SyncroUK 5 August, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   10

Please tell us that we’ll be able to buy that fantastic collectors edition the US is getting. Pretty please.

MalcolmHB 5 August, 2010 @ 4:28 pm   11

@OttoT It will support mouse and keyboard but I’m not sure about importing pictures. :D

soopastarr007 5 August, 2010 @ 4:29 pm   12

Awesome trailer guys!

Any word on the LBP 2 collector’s edition for PAL territories?

I want one :)

JOHN-HONDA 5 August, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   13

Omg what the hell is this? Not ready to give it release details? Are you serious? You lied on your word *soon*. You better announce the good stuff on gamescom otherwise you guys are liars those who said soon. BTW nice trailer.

TalllPaul 5 August, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   14

Cant wait for LBP 2, didn’t really get into creating much on LBP even though the contraption challenge entries looked awesome. My plan for LBP2 is to go create crazy.

XJaguar12X 5 August, 2010 @ 4:38 pm   15

Can’t wait for it!!!!! So happy everything on little big planet will work on the 2nd too!! :D

Saber_IV 5 August, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   16

Amazing trailer but 1 thing, it doesn’t have that classic Media Molecule “good taste” of music. All previous trailers it’s like you’ve made the songs synonomous with LBP but this one it’s a little middle of the road imho!

CRASHBASHUK 5 August, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   17

year we want the CE hope u revile them at gamescom

Wright316uk 5 August, 2010 @ 4:50 pm   18

i hope our CE is as cool as them two book end that the us are getting or i wont be interested

vonhammer 5 August, 2010 @ 4:53 pm   19

meh,look like the worst game ever made ;)

oldage9 5 August, 2010 @ 4:56 pm   20

this video needs to be HD dammit

vonhammer 5 August, 2010 @ 4:57 pm   21

“BUT will the create tool support mouse and keyboard”]

“will I be able to import my own pictures NOT using the eyetoy?”

hope it does,but doubt it if it got dropped from the original

FIGHTFULL 5 August, 2010 @ 4:57 pm   22

OMG looks awesome!!

mrfight67 5 August, 2010 @ 4:58 pm   23

Loving the trailer, cannot wait for the game.

Could the blog get some coverage on what the PlayStation Move features will be in the game? Will there be minigames, levels, or full integration? Id be very happy on either of those

Shin-Ra 5 August, 2010 @ 5:04 pm   24

Most stylish game ever, right here. :D

D_Killa_Kat_96_ 5 August, 2010 @ 5:05 pm   25

Hey Alex. I’ve got 2 questions.

1. I know your not going to reveal news on the CE but do you know when we can expect to hear news about it.

2. I keep hearing news about a beta ‘coming soon’. Do you have any news??

Osahi_be 5 August, 2010 @ 5:07 pm   26

Preordered it teh first day I was able to, and I really, really hope that you guys will give me the chance to upgrade my preorder to a special edition WITH a Sackboy doll :D (don’t worry, I’m so LBP crazed I’ll order any LBP SE, no matter what the contents are :D)

GhostViper 5 August, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   27

I can’t wait for this game. Give me a TARDIS right away.
The trailer looks great :D

Schnello 5 August, 2010 @ 5:45 pm   28

The big question… what is with the Col. Edition for the EU?

Liamario 5 August, 2010 @ 6:10 pm   29

I notice that there seems to be a lot more abilities for sackboy. Will we see knew devices down the road other than the grappling hook and the other devices we’ve seen. Is there a possibility that we could create our own?

@MalcolmHB and vonhammer Thanks for answering my first question.
:-D

X_Weapon 5 August, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   31

Nice. ;)

I’m waiting for the announcement of the European Collector’s Edition.

bloobat 5 August, 2010 @ 6:38 pm   32

Awesome News, just 2 question’s:

1. How many players are allowed this time, and is it the same as LBP 1 in that you can play with other people on your own PS3 (like split-screen) and create levels/games together?

2. has the amount of stuff allowed in 1 level been raised dramatically?

Thanks

Bloobat

amberswood 5 August, 2010 @ 6:44 pm   33

hope we get the collectors edition like in the american region looks ace !!!

any news on what we will be getting and release dates !!!

Oh yes that looks class.

Lucreto 5 August, 2010 @ 7:26 pm   35

Any word on the Sephiroth costume pack in the lifetime of LBP 1 or is that going to be carried over to LBP 2 or has it been cancelled?

Dexillion 5 August, 2010 @ 7:38 pm   36

Must have.

Oh, if that EU Collector’s Edition is still not finalised, how about adding a few posters of Kareem’s art in it? The ones from the Play magazine visit look amazing! :)

Bonyman 5 August, 2010 @ 8:06 pm   37

That looks gorgeous, really liking that dragonfly shooter game :)

flyingeagle666 5 August, 2010 @ 8:12 pm   38

All i want is the release date with collectors edition information!

And hopefully all of this similar to USA, with a similar price (about £55.99 sounds about right from $79.99).

As soon as i get this im pre ordering to make sure i get it

please give us a decent CE in the EU!!

rodrigo__ 5 August, 2010 @ 9:31 pm   39

“They include a 7″ Sackboy plushie, themed bookends(…)”
For me is enough =D

Hej Alex,

I have two questions for you.

-When I look at LittleBigPlanet 2 I literally see alot of different things. Besides everyones imagination, where does the team get all the ideas for everything in the game. Do you go to the libary, listen to random confersations, or maby look at fashion magazines?

If I said: ‘littlebigplant has water, now it needs sand so I could build a cool 2D sand castle level’. Does the team make a note of it?

-There are amazing user created levels in the first LittleBigPlanet. For instance some music levels and the calculators. Are you in littleBigPlanet 2 going to top some of those levels to show that it can be done even better (to create some healty competition). For instance make an even more complicated piano song or an advanced calculator.

mew_frenger 5 August, 2010 @ 10:47 pm   41

lovely trailer.

BalramRules 5 August, 2010 @ 11:17 pm   42

Game of the Year 2010!
Heavy Rain, God of War 3, ModNation Racers, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2, MAG, Call of Duty 7: Black Ops, I’m afraid all of you have shouldn’t have your hope up high (well may be not GoW 3 or Heavy Rain), but anyone else shouldn’t keep your hopes up high, because LittleBigPlanet 2 is here to beat the **************** outta you! XD

Hey Alex !
The new material popping up from the creatinator looks great !
It seems to be a white drop gluing itself to a surface and then turns into a dark matter-like thing (can’t be moved). Am I wrong ?

Hey i have a good idea for MM to sell all their Collector’s EDitions on PAL territories : Act like Square Enix with the “inal Fantasy XIV : Onine Collector’s Edition” ! THe Collector’s Edition will hit the stores on the 22 september and the standard one will be released later on the same month.

This way, all the great fans will get the Collector’s Edition (and pay more ;p) to play the game as soon as possible.

Square Enix is genius ! Act like this ! <.<

Gr00v3r06 6 August, 2010 @ 3:14 am   44

Looks great I can’t wait to see the levels and play others on it.

Bomberman4046 6 August, 2010 @ 8:51 am   45

awesome :)

tata_arek 6 August, 2010 @ 4:17 pm   46

can anybody confirm eu release date

Ernest136 6 August, 2010 @ 5:33 pm   47

WOW definately gonna get that the costumes are my favourite part. :)XD

Tecnoboy1 6 August, 2010 @ 5:46 pm   48

I’m not asking for a release date at the moment, but since LBP is made in Europe will we get it first?

where can I see if my question has been answerd ?_?

Torkass 6 August, 2010 @ 8:31 pm   50

Right under your question. :)

Save the RSS comments feed :
- http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/08/05/littlebigplanet-2-adventure-trailer/feed/

Load all