Posted 2:30pm

Scott Pilgrim Coming To PlayStation Store Tomorrow

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game is the ROCK-N-ROLL ACTION LOVE-STORY for the 8-BIT GENERATION.

Scott Pilgrim is a lovable loser and the best fighter in his province. He is in love with Ramona Flowers, but she has baggage! To get the girl, Scott must defeat the League of Ramona’s evil exes. Be prepared for some serious beat’em up action …

Have a look at Scott Pilgrim’s epic trailer of epic epicness!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

57 Comments 8 Author replies
Show oldest first

Why always the claims of 8-bit style it’s soooooo 16-bit! :P

Mike Kebby 11 August, 2010 @ 9:54 am

8-bit graphics, and 8-bit sound equal 16-bit, therefore describing the game as 8-bit style is correct, as we’re just referring to the graphics (I’ve described it as 8-bit in my store update this afternoon too) ;)

I’ve been waiting for this for a long time. It looks so cool and a throwback to old fighting games like Streets of Rage.

James Gallagher 10 August, 2010 @ 5:34 pm

It reminded me of that too when I saw Mike and Ross huddled over a screen together playing co-op this lunchtime!

Mike Kebby 11 August, 2010 @ 9:55 am

It’s so reminiscent of Streets of Rage – my favourite old skool brawler – you have to play this game, it’s so much fun :)

TheDevilsJoker 10 August, 2010 @ 5:22 pm   3

YES. As a big fan of the comics i’m so happy with how they made a game of it. No ‘watchmen end is neigh’ easy way of making a generic 3d game. 16-bit all the way!

What time does Scott pilgrim hit the store? Was really hoping it’d hit the AU store in the update that just happened now, but it seems that’s not to be the case. Do we have to wait another 24 hours for it to arrive here in Australia? Thanks in advance :)

James Gallagher 11 August, 2010 @ 12:17 pm

It’ll be out later today (Wednesday). Mike’s Store post hits at 1pm UK time.

EpicMcDude 10 August, 2010 @ 5:26 pm   5

Someone said Epic?

Carnivius_Prime 10 August, 2010 @ 5:27 pm   6

Dunno about this. I like pixel art but not of this style and I dislike the comics. I’d be happier with a new Streets of Rage personally. This doesn’t come across as 16 bit to me. It’s more like a 2010 internet nerd’s idea of how the 16 bit era was.

is there going to be a demo/trail?

Would it be possible to get a heads up on the price too?

Well official price is $10, so €10 would be a reasonable guess. There is no reason to raise the price higher than that..

@Carnivius: You might not have noticed but this game has nothing to do with Sega. It’s them who you should be bugging if it’s a new Streets of Rage you’re after.

Alcest-Wizard 10 August, 2010 @ 5:56 pm   11

i WANT that game. i love Scott Pilgrim comics and i can’t wait until the movie is out :D
will it be released on Spanish store? please say yes!!! >.<

sounds ideal. might try a trial.

HighTony 10 August, 2010 @ 5:59 pm   13

This game caught my eye a few weeks back. It kind of reminds me of Double Dragon on the Sega Master System. Definaley going to check this out.

SlipperyFella 10 August, 2010 @ 6:10 pm   14

Now that I’m signed up to Plus, I’m really wary about buying new PSN games incase they’re available for free in the future!

KaiserSoza13 10 August, 2010 @ 6:15 pm   15

$10 would be €7.55 so €7.99 seems to be a fair price but as usual we will be charged the SCEE €2 tax bringing it up to €9.99.The game does look good though,looks like an old school Viewtiful Joe.

Smeghead42 10 August, 2010 @ 7:14 pm   16

Nice one! I really want to play it but i’ll wait to see the movie first :p

Rude_Sparthan 10 August, 2010 @ 7:19 pm   17

switzerland too?

THC_PRITCHARD 10 August, 2010 @ 7:33 pm   18

Is this got on-line coop?

looks very awesome!!!

This game is NOT online co-op and doesnt look likely in the future, with that said though its still a great game and i’ll be getting it tomorrow.

budmuhnquai 10 August, 2010 @ 7:49 pm   21

Yay! What else is coming to PSn tomorrow?

No heads up?

chalky83 10 August, 2010 @ 8:08 pm   22

@21 – The Heads Up is always put up on Wednesday, a few hours before the store updates

please let this game be one of those “available everywhere”!

Falcon1991 10 August, 2010 @ 9:03 pm   24

I love the style of this game.

Can’t wait to try it out.

Well the music sounds 16-bit-ish, but the graphics looks like it’s from a 32-bit console… So where do people get the idea that this looks like an 8-bit game?

flyingeagle666 10 August, 2010 @ 9:28 pm   26

I swear the release date was the 10th of August and also why do the US get it on the release date and we in the EU/UK get it a day after???

As usual the EU and UK get pushed aside………

SCEE please get it sorted, and why cant the store be updated in the morning instead of the afternoon…….i mean we already get everything the day after the US, atleast we could get it in the morning

James Gallagher 11 August, 2010 @ 12:20 pm

I can assure you that the Store team always endeavours to publish as early in the day as possible. It wasn’t that long ago that PlayStation Store updated on Thursdays.

flyingeagle666 10 August, 2010 @ 9:32 pm   27

So we in EU get it on the 11th………and US get it 10th…………Why is this? (please can i have an answer, i genuinly want to know why…)

:’(

@flying eagle

Cause thats when the movie comes out in the states is my guess.

@flyingeagle666

Geez mate, take it easy :) It’s just ONE day.

PSN updates for America is Tuesdays and wednesdays for Europe.

Robotmand 11 August, 2010 @ 12:00 am   31

@flyingeagle666

I’m with you man, we want answers!
This aggression will not stand!

And the € price will be…?

Robert-Ninja 11 August, 2010 @ 12:28 am   33

I love playing Tekken 6 co op and Streets Of Rage co op so may very much enjoy this.

bluespook 11 August, 2010 @ 12:38 am   34

Could we get a discount for plus members? like the fat princess: fat roles dlc.

DeviantVanguard 11 August, 2010 @ 1:31 am   35

When will the list for Europe’s store update be up @ James.

Shame theres no online mode.

flyingeagle666 11 August, 2010 @ 9:34 am   37

@Zopyrus
(Geez mate, take it easy :) It’s just ONE day.)

But WHY the one day? what legal, or whatever reasons is there that we get it a day later than the US? I just want to know the reason..

Its not just with this, its with EVERYTHING!

LBP2 (the game im so excited for and such a fan of the first) release date and CE already announced for US weeks ago…….we in the EU havent heard a peep about the release date or what the CE will have in it! And the developers live not more than 150 miles away from me…

We always get the short end and I for one am sick of it!

Our service in the EU is not going to get better unless we challenge it and ask questions, if you dont complain etc nothing happens. You should let your voice be heard and let the company which you spent your money on for their console know what you want as a consumer and what improvments you want.
I’m obviously passionate about PS3 and its my only console, i just don’t think it is fair that we get swept aside and the US get the better service when it comes to 99% of things.

This is not meant to be rude, I am simply asking why this happens to us in the EU

@flyingeagle666

it’s not everything. the Kane & Lynch 2 demo showed up on EU PSS a week before US non PS+ users could get a hold of it :-)

This is not to be overlooked. I am sure getting this.

funnydude6556 11 August, 2010 @ 10:23 am   40

Not to side track people to other consoles but the Wii has Streets of Rage 2 on the virtual console. Unfortunly I have no money to buy Scott Pilgrim versus the world yet…

Ragnarok-NZ 11 August, 2010 @ 10:27 am   41

Sweet! I love old-skool titles (especially these 8-bit titles!).
I can’t wait to play this game!

Off topic:
Mike/James, what are the chances that we can convince Sega to bring us Streets of Rage II on PSN?

What time is today’s update? @work now, so I wanna DL this as soon as I get back home.

Marrsterhausen 11 August, 2010 @ 11:09 am   43

No online multiplayer? A game like this really needs that function, single player seems a bit redundant these days…

CinderShadow 11 August, 2010 @ 11:17 am   44

In a follow-up to Ragnarok’s query; ask also: Double Dragon.

Get these kinds of games out for people to buy and play, not sat in some storage gathering dust – Also, is there any chance of Ultimate MK3, or PS1′s MK:Trilogy appearing on the store?
Same thing, for Bloody Roar! :)
I’m really looking forward to today’s store update. Does it has theme, too? ;)

@43 (Marrsterhausen):
That was my arguement with Joe Danger hence why i dont play it at all anymore.

funnydude6556 11 August, 2010 @ 11:19 am   46

Are we getting a PSN update today or what?

funnydude6556 11 August, 2010 @ 11:21 am   47

Just so you know I meant the heads-up. Also I agree with 41, Streets of Rage 2 on the PSN would be awesome

Exciting :D. Have read the comic, movie comes out tomorrow, and this should be hitting in about 25 minutes, can’t wait!

funnydude6556 11 August, 2010 @ 12:44 pm   49

There’s a comic?

Scott Pilgrim is a six-volume comic book. The game and film are based on it very heavily. It’s awesome. Go read.

Load all