Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:12pm

Joe Danger – The People’s Patch

Hello, it’s great to be back on the PlayStation.Blog!

When my three friends and I first got together as Hello Games and started work on Joe Danger, we could only dream of the success it’s already achieved.

More important than any of that is the amazingly supportive response we’ve had from the PlayStation community. That’s why, for the last couple of months, we’ve been trying to cater to as many requests from the community as we can. Lots of people asked for a trial, so we put a huge one together with hours of gameplay, for those people who still can’t decide if Joe Danger is awesome or not. As of Tuesday, it’s now available worldwide.

Joe Danger

Yesterday we also released something we call the “People’s Patch”. It answers pretty much every piece of feedback we’ve had from the community. It’s something for fans to get really excited about, and if you haven’t played the game before, you’re in for a treat. It’s totally free, and all you have to do is boot Joe Danger up to get all this new cool stuff.

For instance, now you can save, playback and upload your greatest stunt spectaculars to YouTube. After all, what’s the point of being the world’s greatest stuntman if you can’t show your friends?

Here’s something else we’re really excited about – we’re going to be showcasing the very best user created levels at joe-danger.com. Go there now to find out more and enter our level building competition.

Also, there is a totally new, free level made by Hello Games available for download right now.

Here are some of the key new features:

• Level sharing and more levels
  • Replays and YouTube support
  • Custom soundtracks
  • More multiplayer levels
  • New level editing props
  • Costumes
  • Downloadable tours
  • Hidden stuff!
  • Lots more

Joe Danger

Hello Games wants to genuinely thank the community again for their amazing support. We really hope you enjoy the new features or just take the time to try out the trial. Go and spread the word :)

You can keep up to date with Hello Games and Joe Danger on our blog, follow us on Twitter or even just send us a mail!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

Seriously, you guys rock. There are outfits out there with hundreds of staff that can’t match what you chaps have done.

Thank you.

RadioactiveMouse 26 August, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   2

Custom soundtracks and youtube uploads are awesome. Failing at a level 100 times to the same music drives others in the house mad! :D

Guillemots 26 August, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   3

WHAT!?
Available right now?
Going to download!

AMAZING! Thanks Hello Games :D

Carnivius_Prime 26 August, 2010 @ 5:39 pm   4

I haven’t played it since a week or two after I bought it on release day (just not been in the mood, nothing against the game itself) but I think I’ll load it up later after another go on Shank to do a couple tracks and check out the new features. nice work.

That really is a great patch. Cheers, hope you get a load more sales out of it. PSN game of the year for me.

Agamer2006 26 August, 2010 @ 5:43 pm   6

Thanks Hello Games for adding these features, cant wait to check them out :D

sully1311 26 August, 2010 @ 5:49 pm   7

Hi HG, i’m buying this game very soon!! great to support indie developers like urself! played the demo, fun as hell!!

cthulhu85 26 August, 2010 @ 6:33 pm   8

It’s great to see developers support their games like this, and listening to the people who buy the game. It’s a really nice patch for a very fun game :)

Since the latest store update (yesterday) Joe Danger has been removed from the Dutch store. Both the Trial and full game are not in the store anymore!

Sean Murray 26 August, 2010 @ 6:46 pm

Thanks for letting us know! I’ll look into why we’re not on the Dutch store right now :)

TheFlyingToaster 26 August, 2010 @ 6:52 pm   10

Wow haven’t played it in a while since I got 100% but I’ll definitely be loading it up later. Fantastic game and great job listening to what people wanted AND delivering! wish that sort of thing happened more often. You deserve all the success you’ve achieved and more.

niall077 26 August, 2010 @ 7:01 pm   11

just put some cash in my PSN account. was gonna get this or shank. this patch just pushed me on the joe danger sid and Ill buy it next time Im near my ps3. awesome developers support is awesome. Also I cant help but want a Joe Danger sackboy for LBP. jumpsuit costume, crash helmet sun glasses and a strap on GIANT CHIN!! for my sackboy.

It’s awesome how 4 guys can outperform companies with 50+ employees, really good work =)

Omg_A_Joe 26 August, 2010 @ 7:49 pm   13

Very god update for an amazing game

maddymad 26 August, 2010 @ 7:51 pm   14

Nice! I hope there will be a patch for Shank from Klei for Online co-op. Pissed of for having bought Shank :(

@11 niall077:

Sounds like a good idea.. Sean, try and get this guy into LBP \m/

Opt1mus76 26 August, 2010 @ 8:04 pm   16

Well done guys. Probably the best PSN game so far and deserves to do really well. Any chance of a multiplayer online mode being added or do I have to beg for a sequel?

greyness123 26 August, 2010 @ 8:23 pm   17

best psn game ive bought so addicting and fun , dlc please m8

BLEACH-Fan 26 August, 2010 @ 8:56 pm   18

you guys simply are amazing I love Joe Danger really brings me back to my childhood playing excitebike ^^ really hope your game sells better cause it deserves it!! your efforts will not go wasted

Agria_PT 26 August, 2010 @ 8:58 pm   19

This was Day 1 purchase for me. Unfortunantly, I never got around to finishing it (due to other things to do).

But now you have given me a very good reason to do it. Amazing patch! Congratz!

vonhammer 26 August, 2010 @ 9:10 pm   20

It’s a great update,but I do have one complaint.It regards saving footage to XMB,I wanted to edit out a few crappy runs I’d done using the vid edit software on XMB.But I think it copyrights the video so I cant use that function.Any chance you could look into this.

And Will we ever get JD in a monkey outfit?

greekgoddj 26 August, 2010 @ 9:28 pm   21

Now that there is a demo which I loved, I was about to buy it…and now this extra stuff!? Great!!

Skookie30 26 August, 2010 @ 9:59 pm   22

where this patch you said i download the trail & buy the 6k key, but no patch i try to put music thu XMB no good.

where all the features eh is the patch live or tomorrow i bought this & shank.

plz let it the patch comes tomorrow. :)

BalramRules 26 August, 2010 @ 10:26 pm   23

soundz like a funny game =P
Joe danger XD

Joe Danger also missing from the German Store.

markl1972 26 August, 2010 @ 10:28 pm   25

To echo what others have said, Joe Danger is a great game, and worth every penny. Thanks for continuing to support it, you guys deserve every continued success. Really looking forward to what you do next – you’re kind of reminiscent of where Media Molecule where a few years back, and they’ve done pretty well for themselves…

I would also like to say that i downloaded the Trial + Unlock Key and there is no patch. None of the features are in game. Any help? Thanks

Hell-Raiser-85 26 August, 2010 @ 10:56 pm   27

Dont no why i did not buy this before coz from what i have seen from the demo is great. Shame about no online co-op. Any plans for online racing? Any way will buy as soon a i get a £20 psn card. Is it true that your team is only 4 guys? I think you done a great job for a small team. Cant wait to see what you guys do next. Thanks

Great update, thanks guys!

niall077 27 August, 2010 @ 2:26 am   29

bought the game (as I said I would) but it didnt download the 1.01 patch.

maybe its not up everywhere yet?

ElStefio 27 August, 2010 @ 3:27 am   30

I like how the guy in the bottom picture is in ’3nd’ place.

Dernholm 27 August, 2010 @ 3:49 am   31

Haha, nice spot ElStefio.

craigiversen 27 August, 2010 @ 4:25 am   32

I’d also name this as downloadble game of the year! As for the support, it’s just incredible how much you guys have done!

I’ll try and support any titles you do in future if it’s even remotely along my gameplay lines. You deserve to be rewarded for showing how title support is done. Best support update since the ones the Burnout Paradise guys did!

JOOOEEEE DANGEEERRRR!!!

Great Job guys :D Joe Danger is a great game, but please…
Can you consider a “Second People’s Patch” containing some kind of online multiplayer (with audio chat ^_^)?? This game (and it’s thousands of comic crashes) need it very much!

Way to go boys!

bandoors_ksa 27 August, 2010 @ 9:03 am   34

WOW i just bought the game and now update thanks Hello Games :D

one question i played today but there was no update when i started the game… why?

flamingcarrot 27 August, 2010 @ 10:17 am   35

Great update guys, thanks for the continued support.

I’d like to second thefont in requesting some kind of online multiplayer mode in the future. Please? :)

Joe in a Monkey Suit on a unicycle? I like your thinking, vonhammer.

Joe in a Sackboy costume may be an option too :)

PS. Mr Murray: Although I purchased the game as soon as it was available (in Europe), I logged into the (European) PlayStation Store yesterday around 6pm (UK time) & found that the “Joe” icon in the “Recent Releases” section had nothing “behind” it; just rows & rows of blank spaces.

BFN,

fp.

PS. Re: Monkeys…

[ http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/xbla-a-slaughterhouse-for-small-devs ]

Maybe not, then.

BFN,

fp.

vonhammer 27 August, 2010 @ 12:13 pm   38

@fanpages

“…Apparently Joe Danger – awarded 8/10 on Eurogamer – was dismissed routinely by publishers, with Hello Games receiving put-downs such as, “Name me one popular game with motorbikes,” and, “Can Joe be a monkey? We like monkeys.”

That’s why I want him in a monkey suit,ideally one were it’s clearly a suit.

Also thought I’d upload a quick look at my first track,made it a while back and to be honest it’s not complete.

vonhammer 27 August, 2010 @ 12:16 pm   39

Also well done on posting 3nd in that screen :0 love it

jfontyman 27 August, 2010 @ 12:22 pm   40

Had this game from day one, it’s a blast…funnily enough I started playing it again only last week and now a new patch with improvements is coming, great stuff keep it up.

We want multyplayer online!

I just bought Joe Danger on Monday! What timing!!

Love the game guys, keep up the awesome work!

markl1972 27 August, 2010 @ 11:52 pm   43

Hi – I downloaded the patch, but now I can’t play the game – when you get to the start screen (Press Any Button) none of the buttons on the controller have an effect, so it’s unplayable. The only button I can press is the PS button to end the game. Is this to do with the new patch or some other problem? It had been working fine.

vonhammer 28 August, 2010 @ 1:34 am   44

Best bet is trying deleting the patch,and downloading again.If that fails,DL the game again and test.
You could try on there forums or twitter if nothing else works

greekgoddj 28 August, 2010 @ 12:01 pm   45

Hi guys..bought the game.love it..but it doesn’t seem to update it to the patch! :o( I am still on version 1.0. What am I doing wrong?

Alastair- 28 August, 2010 @ 1:48 pm   46

Joe Danger for PS+ subscribers!
Or at least a mad discount.

vonhammer 28 August, 2010 @ 4:32 pm   47

“Joe Danger for PS+ subscribers!”

Just buy it,small devs need the proper funding,hope this doesn’t go free for at least 12 months.

This article is written in,I was looking for the information.Thank you and your share this articl at here