Posted 4:59pm

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas

The Mojave Wasteland is a dangerous and desolate place… so you feel the need for some companionship during your adventure. Like Fallout 3, New Vegas allows you to have one humanoid and one non-humanoid companion at any time.

Fallout: New Vegas’ senior producer, Jason Bergman, has put together a list of bios for the companions you’ll meet throughout the Wasteland. Learn more about them below. [Warning: some spoilers below]

Humanoid Companions

Arcade

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Arcade

• Full Name: Arcade Israel Gannon
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian
  • Age: 35
  • Profession: Doctor, Followers of the Apocalypse New
    Vegas Chapter
  • Perk: Better Healing – While Arcade is a companion, the
    player regains more health from all sources.
  • Description: Arcade is highly ethical and moral, but he understands the post apocalyptic world is one in which sometimes, people just have to be shot in the head. Most of Arcade’s concerns about the world around him have to do with large-scale issues rather than the needs of individuals. While he appreciates what individual people go through, he firmly believes that it’s more important to affect large-scale societal change than fix problems little by little.

Boone

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Boone

• Full Name:Craig Boone
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: Human
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian
  • Age: 26
  • Profession: Town guard, Novac
  • Perk: Spotter – While Boone is a companion, hostile targets are highlighted whenever the player is actively aiming.
  • Description: Boone is a town guard and former NCR sharpshooter, bitterly whittling away the hours until he can find out who’s responsible for his wife’s death — and kill them. Hardened and psychologically troubled from his time in the NCR military, Boone vacillates between being a stone-cold killer and a decent human being. Venturing out from the relative safety of Novac brings Boone into close contact with his old life until he is forced to deal with the tragic events that caused him to leave the military.

Cass

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Cass

• Full Name: Rose of Sharon Cassidy
  • Sex: Female
  • Race: Human
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian
  • Age: 37
  • Profession: Water merchant, owner of Cassidy Caravans
  • Perk: Whiskey Rose – While Cass is a companion, she and the player gain Damage Threshold when they drink Whiskey. Additionally, the player does not suffer intelligence loss from consuming alcohol and ignores the negative effects of alcohol addiction.
  • Description: Worn down by years of hard luck and a recent rash of terrible misfortunes, Cass is a despondent merchant who’s about to get out of the caravan business. She’s smart, tough, and steady with a gun, but she hasn’t been savvy enough to survive the ruthless caravan wars that have flared up in Nevada since NCR’s expansion. Though she’s quick to join up with the player for some easy money, she’s still interested in finding out if she’s been suffering from bad luck or something more sinister.

Lily

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Lily

• Full Name: Lillian Marie Bowen
  • Sex: Super Mutant
  • Race: Nightkin Super Mutant
  • Age: 203
  • Ethnicity: African
  • Profession: Farmer, Jacobstown
  • Perk: Stealth Girl – While Lily is a companion, the duration of Stealth Boys is increased by 200% and all Sneak Attack Critical Hits do an additional 10% damage.
  • Description: Though she now lives a peaceful life tending to Bighorners in the community of Jacobstown, Lily was once a Nightkin in The Master’s army. Before that, she was an elderly grandmother enjoying a simple life in Vault 17. Heavily medicated, Lily struggles with her dangerous schizophrenia and distant memories of her old life.

Raul

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Raul

• Full Name: Raul Alfonso Tejada
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: Ghoul
  • Ethnicity: Meztiso
  • Age: 230
  • Profession: Repairman (Black Mountain), Vaquero (pre-war)
  • Perk: Regular Maintenance – While Raul is a companion, the Condition of weapons and armor decays 50% slower.
  • Description: Raul is an old Mexican ghoul who has had a long and storied history. After living the life of a wild gunslinger, Raul took up the trade of a simple repairman in Nevada. While traveling to New Vegas, he was swiped by Nightkin from Black Mountain and imprisoned by their leader, Tabitha. After being freed from captivity, he will join the player out of gratitude. A new taste of adventure reminds Raul of his tumultuous past, prompting him to consider if he should embrace his old gunslinging ways.

Veronica

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Veronica

• Full Name: Veronica Renata Santangelo
  • Sex: Female
  • Age: 27
  • Ethnicity: Caucasian
  • Profession: Journeyman Scribe, Procurement Specialist, Brotherhood of Steel, Hidden Valley Bunker
  • Perk: Scribe Assistant – while Veronica is a companion, the player can craft Workbench items through Veronica’s dialogue.
  • Description: Veronica is a Brotherhood of Steel journeyman scribe who has been indefinitely assigned to the role of “procurement specialist”, responsible for venturing out of the Brotherhood bunker to find and acquire resources that the Brotherhood cannot create on its own. Irritated by what she sees as the Brotherhood’s unrealistic and uninformed views of themselves and the world, Veronica is a perpetual outsider caught between her loyalty to the Brotherhood and troubling doubts about the validity of their current course.

Non-Humanoid

ED-E:

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - ED-E

• Full Name: Eyebot (Duraframe) – Subject E
  • Sex: N/A
  • Age: 6
  • Ethnicity: N/A
  • Profession: Shop Security, Primm
  • Perk: Enhanced Sensors – while ED-E is a companion, the player can detect enemies at an increased range. Additionally, enemies will appear on the player’s compass and can be targeted in V.A.T.S. even when cloaked.
  • Description: Unlike standard eyebots, ED-E is a highly customized “duraframe” model with hardened armor and specialized weapons. It was an eyebot on an incredible journey, carrying an enormous amount of valuable data when it was badly damaged and taken in by a Primm  shop owner. Though ED-E still retains all of its data and an understanding of its mission, its internal positioning hardware is badly damaged. The only reason it has not been seized by interested parties is because ED-E has not communicated its special mission to anyone.

Rex:

Meet The Companions Of Fallout: New Vegas - Rex

• Full Name: Cyber-Hound Mk. III, LEO Support Model, Serial Number B955883
  • Sex: N/A
  • Age: 209
  • Ethnicity: N/A
  • Profession: Sidekick to The King
  • Perk: Search and Mark – While Rex is a companion, unequipped chems, firearms, and ammunition within a short distance are highlighted when you zoom the camera.
  • Description: Rex is a cybernetic dog that has been around since pre-war times. He was used by the Denver Police Department and Caesar’s Legion before being mostly blown up during the Battle of Hoover Dam. Since then, he’s been the loyal pet of The King of The Kings in Freeside. Capable of sniffing out loot and taking a large amount of punishment, he only has one (big) problem: his brain is starting to deteriorate.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

36 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

1st to comment………..fallout new vegas is gona be wicked!!!!

andrewsqual 15 September, 2010 @ 5:17 pm   2

Cannot wait. Hopefully there is no online that will totally ruin an otherwise (fingerscrossed) awesome game. Also I hope the PS3 version is up to scratch but I’d guess it will be glitchy because the developers probably have no idea how to develop for PS3.

Camp Cant wait to get my Deluxe Ed. of Fallout Vegas. My real Bobblehead boy is nodding at me as I write this

Cant wait till this is out next month. This info will be really useful in my adventure :D

No sob. I dont care about mp gms I just want to explore the waste with a real m8 in co-op. Is it too much to ask Bethesda?

Matt Grandstaff 15 September, 2010 @ 7:52 pm

Like Fallout 3, we wanted to make the best possible single-player experience. Multiplayer, even in co-op form, is not planned for New Vegas.

So… about that dlc……

AaronSOLDIER 15 September, 2010 @ 5:44 pm   7

Bethesda, you are the new kings of RPG.

That future looks a lot like 2008.

yep andrewsqual, that is one thing that makes the fallout series so great no online and i hope it stays that way!

Words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this game ! Special edition is already on pre order, day booked of work!

I am so glad that there is no online I again! That would be a hugely pointless feature

Fallout is quite simply epic gaming.

I hope that Bathesda actually delivers a good game on the PS3 this time.

Fallout 3 was a disaster. Probably one of the worst ports in PS3 history. It was buggy, graphically below all standards, it corrupted your save files and the game froze every way too often.

I can’t believe that Sony actually allowed this game to be released on the PS3, considering their QA.

OMG thx for this info… I really can’t wait for this game to hit the stores.
Insta-buy day one for me !!!

No way! We get a robot dog! Looove it! How cool of Bethesda to drop by

I really hope that they have fixed and optimized the game engine, since PS3 version of fallout 3 GOTY was unplayable laghell what did crash randomly.

@15

Pff it wasn’t unplayable… The DLC was a little yeah but still got 100% :D

XJaguar12X 15 September, 2010 @ 6:35 pm   17

Holy **** a cyborg dog! I cant wait for this game! I love the Fallout series. Played every game even back in the day at Vault 13. I just hope this time it runs more smoothly on PS3, I remember getting to level 28 fallout 3 on hard and being unabe to play because it kept freezing. But anyway YES FALLOUT NEW VEGAS!!! :D

I was never gonna buy fallout 3 then my brother bought it for me as a birthday present, I loved it and was a game that supprised me more than any other i ever played, I absolutly can’t wait to play this :)

DeviantVanguard 15 September, 2010 @ 6:43 pm   19

Awesome. It appears to have even more depth than Fallout 3! Can’t wait.

MobileTone 15 September, 2010 @ 7:18 pm   20

there goes another 300hrs of my life.

LOVE IT! :D

Fallout 3 was my fav game, i then went and brought the goty version, what a joke… was basicly unplayable with freezeing and crashing issues every 15 minutes, with no aplology or fix from Bethesda you now look like a bunch a swear words i cant type on here

i will be picking this up second hand, although really you should be sending me a free copy

“insert swear word here”

da-wolfdude 15 September, 2010 @ 7:34 pm   22

Man Im exited!!!
And I’m totaly getting a cyborg dog!!!

Carl031088 15 September, 2010 @ 7:48 pm   23

Cannot wait for this, Fallout 3 is one of my favourite ever games and i have the plat on my main account.

Hope this lives up to my expectations after Fallout 3.

Aurora_Bliss 15 September, 2010 @ 8:07 pm   24

I can’t wait! Yesterday I platinumed Fallout 3 (still working through the addons though) and am really looking forward to this! I hope to see some nice pre-order bonuses.

Bethesda, I have to say that this was the most fun game I have ever platinumed…. I never had to grind once!

mushroomnoob 15 September, 2010 @ 8:07 pm   25

Yes fallout new vegas is closing in :D

Now on to the next Eldor Scrolls? :D

Aurora_Bliss 15 September, 2010 @ 8:09 pm   26

Would also like to point out that I’d LOVE to see a remake of Daggerfall! I know there is the fanmade DaggerXL in the works but I’d love to see the original kings make it too!

Sorry for the interruption! x

mushroomnoob 15 September, 2010 @ 8:10 pm   27

oooo shiny plus icon :D

It’s funny how you only respond to positive comments. You are ignoring the problems with your product, and you are ignoring the customer’s complaints.

Ignoring a customer with complaints is the worst thing you can do. This only enforces my negative view on your company, and believe me, I will spread the word.

Can’t wait till New Vegas!

Having recently played abit of Fallout 3 I’m very keen to go to New Vegas. Hopefully the PS3 version would not suffer heavily from bad ports.

Hi any chance of the DLC’s for fallout 3 on PSN been reduced, I downloaded 2 of them for €9.99 each and the were not wort it.
It kept on freezing and the endings were something like you would get in a crappy book, and you are still looking for me to buy the rest of them for €9.99 each????;( ;(

But still i loved fallout 3 and still would like to play the rest of the DLC’s but not at them prices sorry;(

And for fallout new vegas if i still feel like you trying to squeeze every cent out of me, then i will just with a while and pick it up second hand and cheep;(…..

sorry cheap lol;(

Raul the Ghoul is voiced by the awesome badass Danny Trejo, but just when the game couldn’t get anymore awesome..CYBORG. DOG.

Game of the Year!!

Also, “Rose of Sharon” Cassidy? Can we be expecting a Joad or two in the game? ;)

MATTRIX_007- 29 September, 2010 @ 2:21 am   35

k Honestly i have fa3 for x-box but ive pre-ordered collectors edition for ps3. im not knocking the ps3 version of fa3 but id like to know if there is still those same problems with New Vegas. Please answer Honestly. we deserve to know.

MATTRIX_007- 29 September, 2010 @ 2:27 am   36

collectors edition for new vegas i meant to say sry.