Posted 20 September

PlayStation Network Scheduled Maintenance

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:00 on Tuesday 21 September 2010 until 02:00 on Wednesday 22 September 2010, BST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and PC.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00 on Tuesday 21 September 2010.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

If you have any questions about this down time, feel free to visit the official PlayStation Forums where you can post your query and a member of the moderation team will get back to you.

For the latest maintenance updates, visit the PlayStation Blog, keep an eye on our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

76 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Carnivius_Prime 20 September, 2010 @ 3:06 pm   1

nuts. that was the first time in ages i was gonna get nearly all my uncharted 2 party peoples playing all at once. ah well. another time then.

I’m hoping the Liars and Cheats Pack for Red Dead Redemption will be available on the store well before the downtime to give people the chance to download it and then sign in to play before PSN goes offline.

Mike Kebby 20 September, 2010 @ 3:27 pm

You’ll be pleased to know we’re going to publish the Liars and Cheats pack tomorrow morning between 9 and 10 am (BST).

sam and max marathon for me…

Outofathens 20 September, 2010 @ 3:13 pm   4

Hey James…..i know it’s not for here,but could you please answer my question? I already asked at the “blog recap” but did’nt get an aswer.

[Quote}
Hey James!
Great week was it!!!

I have 2 questions and i hope you can answer them! (the first is really important!)

1* I already had the Pseye but in the xmb-menu i can’t set the volume higher then 3! My neighbour bought a new one and his volume is set on 5 or higher! Now i can’t use it for chat because the volume is to low! Can this please be fixed?

2* Is it possible to put a demo on the store from Eyepet? On the disc it is already but because i had the camera already i bought seperate Move supplies. I maybe wanne buy Eyepet Move,but first i wanne try it.

Really hope you answer…..especially because of the first question!

Greetings and have a nice day!

JordanBlack68 20 September, 2010 @ 3:17 pm   5

Very long maintenance

ShadowhunterrX 20 September, 2010 @ 3:19 pm   6

Really bad timing for us europeans gamers :P

somethingatt 20 September, 2010 @ 3:20 pm   7

Me feels an update is coming :)

Isn’t the firmware due on tuesday aswell?

VictorAnalogy 20 September, 2010 @ 3:23 pm   9

@ShadowhunterrX: I think the timing is better this time than last. Rather the day before the store updates than the day after.

Hopefully this is a prelude to an update as @somethingatt suggested. Installing some VoIP servers perchance? ;)

@Outofathens

When you download the Eyepet Move Edition’s patch that was released on PSN last week and start it without inserting the Eyepet disc it enters demo mode with limited time. Try it ;)

Sounds like there will be no LBP2 tonight for me :( Guess i’ll start Monkey Island 2 SE then

No FInal Fight for me :(

ShadowhunterrX 20 September, 2010 @ 3:41 pm   13

@VictorAnalogy
People are coming home are these times so its bad for us :P hopefully this maintenance is for some new stuff :)

xchris2008x 20 September, 2010 @ 3:42 pm   14

Wow thats long, whats this 1 for?

xchris2008x 20 September, 2010 @ 3:42 pm   15

Not like it bothers me anyway havent been on the ps3 for weeks :P

Hell-Raiser-85 20 September, 2010 @ 3:47 pm   16

Will the store update before or will it be wednesday at 3pm. Hope it is before coz will getting DeathSpank TOV and the new Read Dead DLC.

Mike Kebby 20 September, 2010 @ 3:51 pm

The store will publish on Wednesday as usual, it’s only the RDR DLC that will publish on the Tuesday.

JediEagleSLO 20 September, 2010 @ 3:51 pm   17

Man, I hope my credit card will start working after this update. It’s freaking annoying not to be able to buy stuff from the Store. I mean the credit card work everywhere else. And I tried adding money through PS3, MEdiaGo and a browser. It always says that the credit card info is incorrect. Well, its not, at least it cant 20-30 times in a row. And I also tried different address combinations. I dont know what else to do.

xchris2008x 20 September, 2010 @ 3:59 pm   18

@ James

Whats in the firmware update tomorrow? (apart from 3d blu ray) that ill never use

crusher915 20 September, 2010 @ 4:03 pm   19

Is 3D Youtube apart of the firmware upgrade/update?

OpTiC_KiNGPiNG 20 September, 2010 @ 4:05 pm   20

any word on when echochrome ii is release it was said to release sometime in September and the demo is already on the store

pretty bad timing for an EU only downtime … Should’ve started at 2AM in stead of finish.
Pretty crucial day tomorrow with RDR DLC … Everyone will be checking it out, online!

killzonexx 20 September, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   22

it dont care what time they do maintainance there is always someone who complains if you want to keep play online make sure you sign in before 16:00 is that so hard??

its good they do maintainance that means they are doing things for us!

and if you cant play online go do something else with your spare time! i bet you have enough other things to do to kill time !

crusher915 20 September, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   23

@OpTiC_KiNGPiNG lol simple if it´s not out this week then it will be out in the next week

Err yes signing on before 1600 is extremely tough if you work for a living. A 1800 start would allow a lot more people to sign on before the maintenance without making any serious impact to the finish time as it is in the early hours of the morning.

This update better be worth while this time

On a positive note maybe I will get my Warhawk Exemp trophy / Major rank that psn robbed me of :)

yea why cant u start maintenence frm 18.00 that means i have to leave my ps3 on from 6 in morning and hope it dont boot me out using all my electric.can i send you my electric bill ? lol

xXVegetto300Xx 20 September, 2010 @ 4:32 pm   28

When will you get you the Store Update

xXVegetto300Xx 20 September, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   29

Wann bekommt ihr euch US Update in Store ???

“……before 16:00 is that so hard??”

Yes, not every PS3 owner is a student or jobless layabout!

Kindly tell me how I start my PS3 and sign-in using my PC at work.

All of this disruption because of maintenance to prepare for the FW release which 90% of the PS3 community won’t use yet.

I dare Sony to try this during US peak gaming hours.

sensiblade 20 September, 2010 @ 4:44 pm   31

Do we get ITV Player aspart of the FW update this week?

Falcon1991 20 September, 2010 @ 4:47 pm   32

‘During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running’.

Phew, good.

As I don’t get back until 5:40 tomorrow.

smokingagain 20 September, 2010 @ 4:47 pm   33

What a crap, i wont be on time because i work until 16:15 -_-

night_sign 20 September, 2010 @ 4:49 pm   34

Need 3D section on PS Store.

yes,finally the videostore for the EU is getting released.
3 months remaining before the end of 2010,
good job guys

sensiblade 20 September, 2010 @ 5:09 pm   36

We’ve had the videostore for ages in uk

I don’t see the problem with not signing in for one night.
I’ll just play some 1 player games.

Leave me alone, I’m playing sport champions.

Hi,

If im downloading something from the playstation store (eyepet move edition update), will the download be affected? in background download?

Thanks
zookey500

Here’s an idea psp remote play- turn it on just before 4 job done!

Hey any ideas when we will see DeadNation on Psn ?

Also do you know if move will be patched into the game ?

Please if you could ask the devs on the game id appreciate any new info.

Thanks

Good luck on the server maintenance server/network admins :-)

ShadowDoGGG 20 September, 2010 @ 6:38 pm   42

Another fail by Sony on putting it at peak UK times…

the us are also having the maintenance done tomorrow but it will be from 8am to 5pm pacific time.So it is not just affecting us, just that it is being done when they are at work and we are coming home

sensiblade 20 September, 2010 @ 6:54 pm   44

The times the downtime is is designed to suit Sony’s home market, so Japan.
It sucks that it has to be at the same time for us as them but thats the way it is.

test

Oh noooo, not on my free day!
No wait, RDR DLC will go online tomorrow!
Phew i was seriously afraid i wouldn’t have something to do hehehe!
Hope, PSN won’t F up this time (not like last Plus’ content Fook up).

I Want the Red Dead DLC…it has no multiplayer in it then, phew….! Otherwise its pointless putting it up in morning and people can play it in evening:)

Man I really, REALLY hate these downtimes, especially when they don’t tell us exactly what they’re doing.

BalramRules 20 September, 2010 @ 8:06 pm   49

we’re gettin maintanence too often nowadayz!
sony’s upto somethin, cross-game chatting???

I always wondered why it never happens at night there are less players online SCEE is a huge company so I think are people that do night shifts right?

Load all