Posted 23 September

Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Beta Announcement

We promised yesterday that we have something very special lined up for PlayStation Plus members and we’re now able to reveal that you will able to take part in the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Multiplayer Beta at the pre-testing phase from 27 September.

Assassin's Creed Beta Announcement

We’ll have more detailed information on what the Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood Multiplayer Beta includes before 27 September, so stay tuned.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

296 Comments 14 Author replies
Show oldest first

sweet :)

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 12:18 pm

Just a note to say that James Thorpe is now on holiday. I’m not the PS Plus expert that he is but I will try my best to respond to any important comments or questions as best as I can.

That’s some goooood news ! I love betas !

Nice, i don’t have to wait for my beta code to come in the email now YAY. :D

Ah! Now THIS is what I’m talking about!

Now just implement a cloud system for game saves and I’ll feel that my subscription to Plus is totally justified.

almighty-slayer 23 September, 2010 @ 12:03 pm   5

I think i love you, James

Insane_Gamer 23 September, 2010 @ 12:03 pm   6

Oh sweeeet! the day of my birthday to! what a great gift to get :D

yeah you get it 1 week before anyone else

jokes still on you for paying for plus in the first place

Everyone who is a Plus subscriber because this comment from the US Blog seems to indicate different? It says “select playstation plus subscribers not all! :(

“In early October, the betas for upcoming AAA games kick-off with Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood and Red Faction Battlegrounds. Select PlayStation Plus members will get their hands on the first-ever multiplayer modes of the Assassin’s Creed franchise.”

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 12:17 pm

I’m not privy to exactly what is planned for US Plus members but I can confirm that every EU Plus member will be able to download the beta from PlayStation Store on the 27th.

@7 although i’m a plus customer i agree. i’ve had this on pre-order now for something like two months which i imagine many fans of AC have had it on preo-order too. 1 week woot. upset smiley.

Epic. You guys are so on the right track.
Now if only PS+ peeps get early copies of LBP2….. :3

Insane_Gamer 23 September, 2010 @ 12:08 pm   11

@Slapnutz America works differently though, while they might only give it to select ppl who are + subscribers, don’t really mean SCEE will do the same.

I really do hate the haters of PS+. Doing my frigging tree in.

Great news! Thanks for this James.

@7 – fair enough, it’s only a week but it also means that people who haven’t pre-ordered (due to lack of funds or whatever) get to try the beta & see what it’s like.

oh cool, that means more tearing on ps3… i missed that,… in this year ;)

Great news!! Can’t wait!!

I thought there were only a select number of spots. Hence, the Beta codes. So people who took the effort to pre-order AC before a certain date get ripped off as Plus members now just swoop in at the last minute cause they have more money to throw around. Wow, great way to reward your customers. Doesn’t seem fair to me.

@SlapnutzUK Maybe it’s different for them.

Great thanks much. :)

Lovely jubbly…… :)

Everyone in the EU!!!! :) I am exite thank you guys and I hope to see all you on there next week!!!

Nice 1 James l was already happy with ps+ but my only gripe was the fact that no beta’s had been released for ps+ members in fact the beta programs are the reason l signed up.
So on the whole ps+ getting better and better cheers m8 ….

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 1:03 pm

We always listen and this is the first beta we’ve been able to bring to Plus members and there are more on the horizon.

YES!!!!!!!!! Great announcement! :)

PS: Why my plus sign in my avatar does not appear?

@ 13 it doesnt cost anything to pre-order a game as you dont pay for it untill it’s released? .
James i hope between this post yesturdays store update and the LBP2 post comments you are starting to see on a regular basis why many current plus subscribers are hesitant about renewing subscriptions. I think a very serious discussion needs to go on between senior people at SCEE, managers of the PAL store and the PAL plus team to see just how much out of touch you guys are with the fan base and loyal supportive customers. Questionairs just dont cut it anymore because it still feels like the feedback is not being implemented or taken on board.

Great stuff but when we signed up we got told we get exclusive betas they aren’t really exclusive if they go public a week later are they??

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 1:04 pm

It is exclusive in that it is only available to Plus members and those who have pre-ordered the game. Also, Plus member are in there first.

Wow, we all get the beta? SCEE, showing them how its done :D

Nice

James,

If you say “This means that Plus members will be able to access the beta one week before anyone else.”

Do you mean ALL non+ subscribers will also be able to play the beta, but only one week later?

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 12:36 pm

My understanding is that those who have pre-registered for the beta on Ubisoft’s website will then gain access the following week. I just found this post on their forum which offers more information: http://bit.ly/djiP27

Great! :D

Hope i get a punt at this

budmuhnquai 23 September, 2010 @ 12:35 pm   30

YASSSSS!

sephiroth180 23 September, 2010 @ 12:36 pm   31

Awesome :D

Fantastic! I loved AC2, and i’m sure i’m gonna love Brotherhood aswell!
Thanks guys, i have been happy and satisfied with my Plus membership right from the start, and now even more so! :-)

Now this is more like it!
Well done guys :D

If you offer the LBP2 beta next, I’ll have your babies!! ;)

JordanBlack68 23 September, 2010 @ 12:43 pm   34

Yay!

excellent.

That sucks! I paid my deposit to GAME for the game preorder and to get the beta..now if I want it now, I have to pay another £40? that is not on..£10 deposit on game, plus £40 for PS+ well, no way hosey! I will have to wait a week….it sucks cus I still paid for the preorder beta! £40 for 1 beta is not worth it IMO, all the stuff PS+ gives I got already….its not worth it to me, NEW content regulary and I would sub, 1 beta! 1 week early? pah! Sorry for whinging…..

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 1:10 pm

The pre-order that you have already secured is still very exclusive and you’re still going to get access to the beta when many won’t.

Obviously, the value of Plus in terms of each month’s free content is going to vary depending on which games each user already owns. PlayStation plus is an evolving service and we hope we can provide something that appeals to you very soon.

Ah I see what Sony are doing here, offering the BETA on the 27th.
The same day 3 months subs (like me) run out.. :(

Can you not offer it on the 26th instead? ;)

Thanks for the info James, I don’t have it per-ordered (and even if I would, it would be with a Dutch shop).
So I’ll wait for the demo :-)

That will do nicely. Yes, it will be available to more a week later but having a week of envious Friends is difficult to put a monetary value on.

Good stuff but F1 2010 might take over…

budmuhnquai 23 September, 2010 @ 12:55 pm   40

OK. I’m getting a bit worried now. I bought my PS+ Sub on DAY ONE and still no icon.

This is just unacceptable. I’m going to write a strongly worded letter that no one is ever going to read.

But seriously, how come it’s not showing up?

Why am I even asking? I won’t be getting a response to this.

James Gallagher 23 September, 2010 @ 1:11 pm

Forgive me if I’ve already said this but have you tried logging out, clearing your browser’s cache and cookies then logging back in? It seems to have worked for most others.

@budmuhnquai

Try logging out and then back in, that should do the trick :-)

@ 39

I heard someone say before that they logged out, deleted the related cookie and then logged back-in and hey presto there it was. Give it a shot…

yes yes yes!!!!!

Very, very nice.
This is what plus is all about.

danielmccue 23 September, 2010 @ 1:04 pm   45

YESSSSS this is brilliant i love assasins creed and play on assasins creed 2 almost every day.

thank you guys! GOOD WORK

Killer2Death 23 September, 2010 @ 1:05 pm   46

thanks :)

Great news! Even if I’m on vacation next week and won’t be home before the Beta key I get for pre-ordering will arrive. However this is a great sign for PS+ and I love that you’re listening to the people. Thank you!

budmuhnquai 23 September, 2010 @ 1:25 pm   48

Hahaha, would you Adam and Eve it? Cheers James, I got me a shiny yellow D-Pad.

I really should have thought of this myself. I’m pretty much the worst tech support guy in the world.

Thanks again!2

COOL! About FRAKIN TIME!

and the next will be lbp 2 i bet…

Load all