Posted 4:59pm

September 27 – Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Weekly News

Introducing: The Smuggler!

Hey there PlayStation Assassins! It’s Gabe Graziani, your Community Developer on Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, and I am very excited to present a new multiplayer persona: The Smuggler. A prowler of the ports, she hunts among the docks and has been known to venture into cities if the coin seems worthwhile. Using a hidden blade as her weapon of choice, her victims rarely even get the chance to admire the beauty obscured by her hood. Best of all, The Smuggler will be available in the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Beta! In order to unlock this multiplayer persona, you will have to earn enough experience points to reach level 17, so get crackin’!

Early Beta Access

I’d also like to mention how you can get early access to our Multiplayer Beta! Those of you in PAL (in participating European countries) territories could acquire an early peek at the ACB Beta just by being members of PlayStation Plus!

So, be sure to use Eagle Vision on your inboxes so you don’t miss out on a chance to get at the multiplayer goodness a full week early!

Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Beta Trailer

Meanwhile, even if you are not one of the lucky few with early access to the Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood Beta, that doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all of the action. Today we’ve released a special Beta Trailer so you can share in the excitement with your fellow Assassins!

Be amazed:

Your Questions Answered on YouTube!

Lastly, I’d like to remind you that we have an on-going special feature where I answer your questions about Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood on YouTube. If you’ve got questions (and I know you do!), check out the following link to see if I have answered them already… and if I haven’t, post your question as a comment and your question may be chosen in the next round of Answers videos!

Just go to:
UK
SPAIN
GERMANY
ITALY
FRANCE

Your ever-devoted ComDev,
Gabe
PSN ID: UbiGabe

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

84 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

Why did my Subscription have to run out today? And pay day is only on Thursday ;(

can i ask if there will be any more game modes on the full title?

just having this one would get boring fast

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 6:01 pm

Yes, there will be more game modes in multiplayer, but we have not released any further information on them as yet. We’ll be talking more about the other modes soon!

I’ll be downloading the beta tonight. Looking forward to giving it a try :)

downloading now :) This is the kind of thing i signed up for but to be honest i’m not renewing my subscription to ps plus when it runs out next week just for this. Thanks anyway Gabe! might well get the full game if the beta impresses :)

Installed it, I’m curious how it plays.

ShadowDoGGG 27 September, 2010 @ 5:21 pm   6

Will we be able to mute people in game? PS eye is causing huge problems with mics broadcasting nonsense.

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 6:04 pm

That’s a great question… unfortunately, I don’t have an answer for it at the ready. Allow me to consult with our multiplayer devs and I’ll get back to you.

Looks awesome and will give it a try later

VictorAnalogy 27 September, 2010 @ 5:25 pm   8

Any idea how long the Beta will run for?

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 7:17 pm

We have not announced a precise end date for the beta just yet. We’ll definitely keep it going for another couple of weeks, but since release is right around the corner, there is only so long we can keep it going, hehe.

The beta is looking sweet, already played a few games.

played beta today. i think wanted mode should be frag limited not time limited or time limit should be increased because right now nobody cares about stealth and stuff. everyone is just running around trying to kill their target and game is just way more chaotic than you can see in trailers above.

Played a few games but must say this, Killing is far too easy, this is due to the fact that using the blue indicator makes you stick out like a sore thumb coupled with the fact that you cant even determine whether a pursuer is close or not, even if you hide into the crowds, walk like an ordinary civilian or sit on a bench, pursuers have far too much of an advantage, It also does not help that that there is no way to be able to get out of an assasins attack once they press that square button, any normal person would defend themselves but their is no way of doing this which takes some of the fun out of it, at the moment its a I kill you then you kill me back and forth game.

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 6:08 pm

Ah, but you see… you are both pursuer and pursued at the same time! And as far as fighting back goes, you can stun your enemy *if you see them coming* by pressing the circle button when they are near you. Of course, this doesn’t help after your pursuer has already pounced, but that’s how it goes… assassinations happen very quickly! You have to anticipate and be exceptionally perceptive (paranoid, even) in order to counter an incoming attacker.

why cant i installe it it keeps stoping at 6% and i get Error code 80010038

Robert5050 27 September, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   13

Is it normal it takes for ever to get into a session?

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 7:12 pm

That is not normal… but possible reasons could include a lower number of players currently logged onto our servers. If the problem persists, restart your console and reload the beta.

If the problem still persists, please visit our Technical Support forums so that we can log the issue: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/3371024388

Doodylicious 27 September, 2010 @ 6:39 pm   14

Is there anyway to report bugs with the beta?

It’s just I’ve been in a game a moment ago and got attacked, and during the attack animation, the game went into slow motion. The frame rate shot down to 1FPS and made it unplayable. It lasted like this for around a minute, and now the game has frozen totally.

Hell-Raiser-85 27 September, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   15

The beta is great. Cant wait to get the game.

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   16

the matchmaking needs drastic improving and we need to be able to mute people, besides that its great, still I’m buying it for the epic singleplayer that assassins creeds always have… not the good multiplayer xD

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 7:14 pm

Can you give me some specifics as to what you think is wrong with the matchmaking? Are you being grouped with people of too high or low skill level?

am i ther only one that can can’t Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood beta

am i ther only one that can’t installed Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood beta

are there any plans in the beta being updated with new playlists and maps?

seems silly yo just test the 1 map

Mistype^ *to

will i still be able to pre-order ac tomorrow and enter the beta?(the one that starts the 4th)

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 10:22 pm

I believe that the final date to preorder was September 25th, however, that date may not be solid for all territories in Europe. Check with your local retailer to see if you are still eligible.

interesting.. installed, patched, pressing multiplayer and cant get past loading/connecting screen.. nothing happens..

question: is it Nornal for loads of NPC‘s & Can we get POINTS for killing em? ;)

I never Played Ass-creed 1 or 2 but i Think i will now. ;)

Lastly i Renew my plus it was Late to End & I didn’t see how much time was left & it was suppose to END before 6.10pm today. so i think there a Fault @ james Thope. :|

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 10:24 pm

You do not get points for killing NPCs… in fact, your current assassination contract will be revoked and you will be assigned a new target for assassination.

If you kill the wrong person, you have failed to assassinate your assigned target… Abstergo does not look fondly on mass murderers that can’t follow orders. ;)

Edit: a Typo :D

danielmccue 27 September, 2010 @ 8:00 pm   25

i absolutely love the BETA its amazing how multiplayer works, theres a huge amount of room for strategy and tactics i love how you can actually trick people into killing civilians and the like.

the multiplayer is as unique as it is awesome.

thanks for allowing us PS + users in the BETA.

i’m a huge fan of assasins creed and have put more hours into number 1 and 2 i actually became an assasin.

i cant wait till the full game comes out DAY 1 great work assasins creed team!

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:02 pm   26

yes I can gabe, earlier it was just taking for ever to join a game, or once you have 5 people it insists on waiting, now it just says “joining game” and loads indefinitely

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:04 pm   27

as in insists in waiting for 8 people

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:05 pm   28

also if i click cancel it freezes :(

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:07 pm   29

and ino quad post lol sorry but the too high or low skill lvl i wldnt know I came 1st in 3rd or 2nd in 1st game lmao then it froze :(

i Did not have issue the only issue i have was on the loading screen taking long to load & the picture flicker on & of.

i killed players when running towards me they were being chased of course never saw me TO LATE for em lol.

funny thing is i was just walking, the other funny thing to happen to me i was sitting down next to the NPC a Woman 1, saw 2 players run by me i tilt a camera to see where they going i didn’t see the 3 player & got stab while sitting. lol :D

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:27 pm   31

lol, what annoys me is whn i see persuer press o does nothing thn thy realise and kill me

micmic2009 27 September, 2010 @ 8:32 pm   32

Gotta make the ‘Stun’ function more effective, it just doesn’t work!! I managed it 2 or 3 times but the rest i mostly see my pursuer coming & i press ‘Stun’ & i die :( Apart from that its AWESOME!!!! :)

Had to download three gigs, and then a 120 meg update. I played one game.

I can honestly say that, without confirmation of the ability to mute other players, I will not be buying this game. My enjoyment of the game was dropped to zero at around the point where I had a guy giving a screaming commentary of everything he was doing, while another player was blasting music through.

I’m very dissapointed by this. I hate how people stupidly use microphones, and it’s obviously not the game creators fault, but the inability to cut them out without muteing my television is, to me, a bad reflection on the development of the game. Especially when every one of your competitors includes it. It’s pretty much a given.

Gabe Graziani 27 September, 2010 @ 10:31 pm

Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

This is precisely why we have betas in the first place, to bring to light issues that may have otherwise escaped our attention. I’ve heard several mentions regarding adding mute functionality and I will certainly pass those on to the rest of the team.

Thanks!

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:50 pm   34

i must say i agree, young kids in the house and some moron shouting “YEAH MOTHERF*****” ever few 2nds…

extermin8or 27 September, 2010 @ 8:51 pm   35

although i’ll still buy the game for single player i’ll just skip on multi which would ba a shame as its very fun :(

KillerXp82 27 September, 2010 @ 9:10 pm   36

Well I’m glad there was a beta of this cos now I know I will not be buying it, not even 1min into my first match & someone starts yelling down there mic. People with their mic’s on are not even talking to people in game their talking to the people in their room, I think they got the ps3 Eye plug in & don’t realize people can hear them.

obviously most of you people have never beta tested before. This is a BETA so your feedback will be taken in to consideration and this will be nothing like realise. All i can say is i love the multiplayer will we be able to try other online modes out for you ??

Will you be adding the option to mute other players.

I don’t have a mic atm and I had to play on mute earlier because of someone’s really loud mic.

danielmccue 27 September, 2010 @ 9:44 pm   39

GUYS its a BETA the whole point of this is to find BUGS and it doesnt reflect on what will be in the full GAME.

that being said i’m level 6 and havnt encountered any problems i love this game.

Heh, it’s so funny seeing people go “I won’t be buying this game” just because there’s no ‘mute microphone’ function in the beta. As @36 said, this is what betas are for, to bring up issues that trouble many players. I’m pretty sure Ubisoft will listen to the feedback and add this functionality in the full game, because yes, it is absolutely a must (there’s nothing more annoying than a creaky microphone during your attempt at stealthily hunting down targets.

Another thing that I’d change is the responsiveness of stun. Granted, I’ve only played 3 matches, but I haven’t once been able to pull it off, not even when I was facing my pursuer and had him selected. Plus it has no effect when someone leaps at you while on the ground. I can understand that aerial kills aren’t interruptable, but at least normal ground kills should be. Hell, even the lowliest guard in AC1 and AC2 could counter your kill from point blank range when Altair/Ezio was high profile. Why not give this possibility to players? It would make us feel a lot les helpless when being pursued, and it would also encourage stealth approaches a lot more, since going in rambo style would no longer grant you guaranteed kills.

There IS a mute function in the Beta.

It’s on the scorecard. You look at the scorecard whilst in game and if you highlight another users column, it gives you the option to press “X” to mute.

Trust me – I spent the best part of 35mins trying to find a way to stop someones dreadful scouse accent ;)

I’ve played this a few times, but I had to stop. The main problem for me is that players can run up to you and kill you without any kind of warning, and with no come back, it just makes the whole thing feel broken – the current warning system is less than useless and needs improving.

Beside the fact that most players can’t hold back from running around, it just doesn’t feel like Assassin’s Creed. It might be better with friends who get that an assassin is stealthy, not some sprinting lunatic. This series is one of my favourites this gen, but on this form and in it’s current state, I may give the mp a miss.

@42, you summed it up pretty well right there… those were pretty much my sentiments too.

I just play 1 match see above post. Not because didn’t like it had things to do.

ppl Running not a problem they stick out like a sore thumb easy prey when i was sitting & got killed he was walking. especially they got a Nice red arrow on em.

lastly thanks gabe for your Late at night response, & I will Kill Any NPCs that get in my way 1 NPC was rude bump into me i got knock back. :D

Mike Kebby 28 September, 2010 @ 8:31 am   45

I’ve got the beta installed but have yet to jump on, I must say though that trailer is awesome and I’m really sold on the idea of this multiplayer aspect – as well as wanting to play more single player too :)

Can’t wait to try it!

Posted up some bug feedback on grouping here

Thanks for the beta, I”m really enjoying it. For those saying that it’s everyone running around and too chaotic etc, it’s very easy to beat those players just by being sneaky. Remember that they have exactly the same tools as you and use that to your advantage.

I love the fact that I can come out first in a match while having the highest number of deaths, just due to sneakier kills, kill streaks and escapes. Pulling of a kill while in first place and having three assassination contracts out on you at the same time is just epic.

Gabe Graziani 28 September, 2010 @ 4:27 pm

Thanks so much for your feedback! You’re helping us a lot by providing it!

And I am very pleased to see that you are catching on to the strategic/tactical aspect of the gameplay. It is very true that # of kills pales in comparison to quality of kills.

As a quick and explicit example, just look at how scores add up:
    1 kill = 100 points (so if you just run at somebody and kill them, this is the minimum you’ll get)
    Silent = +200 points (if you don’t run too much on your way to the kill, you can get this bonus)
    Incognito = +300 points (you walk slowly to your target and strike without alerting them in any way)
    Focus = +150 points (you stand near your target for a little extra time before attacking)

So, for each kill you earn just running around, you get 100 points. But, if you take your time and plan, you can earn 550 points for a kill.

Be methodical. Observe your target. But be aware of your surroundings as well! Other assassins are doing the exact same thing you are, so you have a complicated balancing act on your hands… always weigh the value of taking extra time to get a kill just perfect against the possibility that that Doctor is winding up to sink four inches of syringe in your aorta!

Judge_Cartman 28 September, 2010 @ 8:56 am   47

I’m still waiting for ACB BETA to finish downloading – been running for 7ish hours overnight and only on 43%?!?! Not like my usual speeds at all, is this getting hammered on the PSN servers?

Was looking forward to giving this a spin, although TBH AC isn’t a title I would’ve associated with MP. Very interested in the full single player when it launches though, it’s a very good series so far.

Hey hey it‘s Mike you feeling well enough to take on us this wednesday in your Heads up commets. ;)

I‘m Gutted tho i had a go again just before, of to 1st place had a lure points don‘t know what it for i think it when a player killed a NPC or Player Next to me very close.

then i had 1 bouns for hideing in a bunch of NPC‘s 3 minutes i become 4th then it crash on Me :‘( but it a ß

played the beta few things i dont like

when your target trows a smoke bomb i get stunned but the target who needs me who also stands in that same smoke bomb can kill me instead of getting stunned also

mute option

my char not always repsonds proper when im on a edge and what to jump of then i have to press O if im correct so he lowers himself hanging because he dont want to jump always

and 1 question here

why do i always have 1 target to follow? while others can kill my target! our when im not followed i get killed by multiple people

mabey add option that you can kill every player in the map for less points, but now you sometimes wants to kill someone, when he just goes to far away from you, and then you kill a npc.

but its a beta hope things will be fix our added mabey but otherwise i buy it for SP

xx-InFeRnAL-xx 28 September, 2010 @ 10:25 am   50

Gabe Graziani 1º you are the best ;)

Now the questions, i am huge fan of Assassin’s Creed series, unfortunaly the UBI give too much important to Enzio Auditorie, i like Enzio but what’s hapen to Altair? Can we see Altair again in the future?

Continue with your great job ;)

With Best Regards;
xx-InFeRnAL-xx

Gabe Graziani 28 September, 2010 @ 4:56 pm

Oooooh… Altaïr, eh?

Unfortunately, I can’t say anything about his involvement (or lack of involvement) in ACB.

Thanks for the compliments though!

Load all