Posted 5:58pm

The Killzone 3 Beta Starts On The 25th of October (and here is your chance to get in!)

Yes, the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial really is coming! Just like its predecessor, the multiplayer mode for Killzone 3 will be put through rigorous testing at the hands of the toughest, most demanding critics in existence: you, the fans. The Trial starts on the 25th of October and access is limited, so please read the following instructions carefully if you want to know how to secure a spot in the Public Beta:

Step 1: Be(come) a Plus subscriber
With the exception of a handful of key media partners, access to the Killzone 3 Public Beta Trial is exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers. If you’re not enjoying the many benefits of Plus membership yet, now’s the time to sign up!

Step 2: Download the theme
On October 13th an exclusive Killzone 3 XMB Theme will hit the Plus section of the PlayStation Store. Only the first 10,000 PlayStation Plus subscribers to download this theme will receive access to the Public Beta Trial.

Step 3: Check your email
If you’re among the first 10,000 to download the Killzone 3 XMB Theme, you will receive an email on October 25th containing the Public Beta Trial promotion code and further instructions. The email will be sent to the address you registered as your PSN Sign-In ID, so make sure you’ve set your notification preferences to accept emails from SCEE.

Those of you who make it into the Public Beta Trial are expected to provide honest gameplay feedback, report bugs and glitches, and help test our network code in real-world scenarios. In short, we’re counting on you to help us improve Killzone 3! In return you’ll get a good taste of the multiplayer mode, including its brand-new ‘Operations’ game type, party system, and jetpack and exoskeleton vehicles.

And if that doesn’t convince you to take a shot at the Public Beta Trial, maybe this new trailer will:

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

355 Comments 28 Author replies
Show oldest first
Aryeh Loeb 7 October, 2010 @ 6:02 pm   1

any questions?

beastilyone 7 October, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   2

cool :)

What about the normal PSN users?

almighty-slayer 7 October, 2010 @ 6:04 pm   4

Meh, should be either for ALL plus members, or no plus members in my opinion

Aryeh Loeb 7 October, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

Unfortunately we are not able to allow all Plus users in. the Public Beta is our last chance to test mainly gameplay but also servers, architecture etc. It’s not a demo where we can let everyone in. Sorry.

Thirsty-Duck 7 October, 2010 @ 6:04 pm   5

Eh…. Only PSN+ ?

Does the Beta support Move controls?
Move controls in MAG are great!

xchris2008x 7 October, 2010 @ 6:05 pm   7

Meh too many shooter this gen :(

Will it go live with the PSN update or will the XMB Theme show up in the section “independently”>

FlunkYou2 7 October, 2010 @ 6:05 pm   9

How many beta testers can there be!? :) I CANT WAIT! buzzing

steven_dutch 7 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   10

Nice. Will definitely have a look at Holland’s best gaming product :)

Bloody_Marcel 7 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   11

Will the beta code support the Move already?

Aryeh Loeb 7 October, 2010 @ 6:09 pm

Nope, we are testing Move extensively, but it’s not part of this Public Beta.

FlunkYou2 7 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   12

Never mind i read the post fully lol :( lol

kimstips 7 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   13

I’m going on vacation the 10th… GREAT just GREAT!

BLEACH-Fan 7 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   14

OH YES!!! :D

west1980 7 October, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   15

I dont get in from work til 6pm so how am I supposed to get that? I dont stand a chance!!! they will be gone in the first few hours

*Feels left out*

sensiblade 7 October, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   17

can the theme be put on the store at a fair time like 8pm uk so that people who work stand a chance?

my question: is it worldwide? if so, this will be mine … OMG!

richard4481 7 October, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   19

I’m guessing we will see a closed beta ;)

SyncroUK 7 October, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   20

Can’t wait! Hopefully Move is enabled in the beta.

almighty-slayer 7 October, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   21

I know it isn’t a demo where you can let everyone in. But for someone to pay £40 a year and get Killzone 3 beta, and someone else to pay £40 and NOT get it, isn’t very fair. In my opinion, at least.

James Gallagher 8 October, 2010 @ 10:04 am

As you can see from the post from Aryeh, this is a limited beta because it needs to be conducted under controlled conditions. This is also a very early beta and we’re looking into doing something else for everyone, Plus and non-Plus subscribers.

STUPID_DAD 7 October, 2010 @ 6:08 pm   22

Should be all plus members

ImCalledDave 7 October, 2010 @ 6:09 pm   23

oh… plus subscribers…. oh …first 10,000. so everyone who doesn’t work or has to be at college/uni can get it. cool

Lol! This is so harsh, only PS+ members can get it, and then its purely on if you download a theme at the right time?! Great idea for a public beta guys. xD

What exact time will the XMB theme online? I mean, different region may get different update time,right?

kimstips 7 October, 2010 @ 6:11 pm   26

Thumbs up to almighty-slayer!

west1980 7 October, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   27

yeah so people who work etc… won’t stand a chance!!

Technane 7 October, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   28

What a bloody con. Playstation plus members only which I still don’t think is worth the money to have and I am not going to pay for it for this. I just knew the whole psn+ thing was going to turn into a haves and haves not situation and create a completely stupid split in the psn community which was up until now a decent equal place to be

Holy…now what about those of us who have been selected to participate in the Killzone 2 Beta phase?

Ryan1991 7 October, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   30

Bit annoyed that it’s based on whether you download a theme quickly enough. Should be based on how much you played KZ2 in my opinion.

kasem2007 7 October, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   31

Will it be in 3D?

Arnysyas 7 October, 2010 @ 6:13 pm   32

woow thats seem too complicated !!!

But the question is : the theme will be released next Wednesday which is the same day as the regular update So Are you releasing it alone ? (like many other PLUS stuffs)or with the update ?

If so .. What time are you releasing it ?

Shouldnt you be clearly documenting here that its 5000 for SCEE & 5000 for SCEA?

If i put automatic download on,will it download automatically?
(the theme)

Also what time about will the theme be released?

So is’nt Vasari dead or does the anounser guy sound just like him ?

west1980 7 October, 2010 @ 6:14 pm   36

cmon need answer when the theme goes up?

Why wouldn’t you want to test the Move in the BETA???

MAG Move controls needed tweaking and a lot of feedback was given Zipper and the final result is great! We also need to see how KZ3 fares with DS3 vs Move players.

Dissappointing.

west1980 7 October, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   38

yeah @ fattoad auto download for psn plus members who are in work etc…

CartBlanche 7 October, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   39

You should make it clear that it is 10,000 across all territories and not just Europe.

Other than that, I’m jealous as I won’t be paying up for PSN+ to play it. Will just have to wait until Feb for the game’s release then. Unless I get lucky and get in before then, by some Ghost of Sparta miracle!

Spiderobin 7 October, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   40

I hope the theme will go up simultaneous. I live in Germany and it would be unfair if the British people received the update earlier so that they get all the beta acces. Or the other way around.

morninginferno 7 October, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   41

When does phase 2 begin? I have no intention of paying for beta access.

almighty-slayer 7 October, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   42

Lol so we don’t even get to try it with Move? Hint: It needs testing.

Also, we have to be in the first FIVE THOUSAND? That is ridiculous. Send beta codes out to random PSN members like you did with LBP2. NO ONE is going to sign up to PS+ for this.

Damn, I hope I will be among those 10.000 people :)

koolkid201 7 October, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   44

“Public Beta is our last chance to test mainly gameplay but also servers, architecture etc. It’s not a demo where we can let everyone in. Sorry.”

If this purpose of the beta is to test servers and architecture, then wouldn’t more players make for more effective testing? How can you be so sure that the server can cope with strain if such a small number of people are playing it?

Also many people will have downloaded this via the automatic update, which defeats the purpose of only the people who are interested in killzone 3 to be allowed to participate in this beta.

Well, there’s my two cents worth :)

Aryeh Loeb 7 October, 2010 @ 6:38 pm

I understand what you are saying. But we need a controlled environment to conduct our secret experiments. It’s like rocket science…only harder :)

Paranoimia 7 October, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   45

Presumably SCEE beta testers will get in regardless?

djreplay 7 October, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   46

I best get in.

mike20036 7 October, 2010 @ 6:26 pm   47

I’ll just download the theme to see If I’m lucky or not :)

Dutch pride! :D

TheNarrator 7 October, 2010 @ 6:27 pm   49

hehe, question! on a scale of 10-to-Awesome, how awesome will the KZ3 beta be? :D

cant wait to help out and make it just as fun as Killzone 2 is.

Thanks for clearing that up Aryeh, seems SCEA Blog are saying its 5000 for each region. Incidentally, can I ask is radec retutning in KZ3? I think I heard he was but cant think how it would be possible considering he blew his brains all over the steps to Visari’s office XD

Load all