Posted 12 October

PlayStation Plus Update: 12 October 2010

New PlayStation Plus Content

With James Thorpe still on holiday, I’m here, once again, to update you on what we have planned for PlayStation Plus subscribers.

First, we owe you an apology. Last Wednesday, I promised that the Hustle Kings Full Game Trial would be available from the Plus section of PlayStation Store by the following day and it didn’t happen. However, we haven’t forgotten and it will be included in tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

Moving on, many of you have been asking what time you will be able to download the Killzone 3 theme that grants access to the Killzone 3 beta to the first 10,000 SCEE Plus subscribers who download it. We have been discussing which time is best for everyone and we can now confirm that it will go live in the EU PlayStation Store at 8pm in the UK and 9pm CET on 13 October, and 6am in Sydney, Australia on 14 October.

*We would like to point out that, at this very early stage in the game’s development, the Killzone 3 beta will only support the English language. Let us assure you that the final game will be fully localised and there will be opportunities for non-English speakers to experience it in their mother tongue as we get closer to release. Fortunately, the headshot is an international language.

Another common piece of feedback is that you were unhappy with the lack of game add-on packs provided in the last PlayStation Plus update. In response, we have teamed up with Bethesda Softworks to make all of the Fallout 3 DLC available to Plus subscribers for free, as the release of Fallout: New Vegas draws tantalisingly near. Please be aware that these packs will be in the Plus section of PlayStation Store for one week only, from the following dates:

13 October
Fallout 3: Point Lookout
Fallout 3: Mothership Zeta
Fallout 3: Operation: Anchorage

20 October
Fallout 3: Broken Steel
Fallout 3: The Pitt

We’ll keep you updated on any PlayStation Plus developments as and when they happen.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

425 Comments 28 Author replies
Show oldest first

All free Fallout 3 DLC? :O This is so very cool ;)

liortttttttttttt 12 October, 2010 @ 6:02 pm   2

thank you when will you email out the codes though on the 25th like in the morning?

SlapnutzUK 12 October, 2010 @ 6:02 pm   3

:facepalm: This is the big announcement?

James Gallagher 12 October, 2010 @ 6:13 pm

Come on, is pretty big stuff for Plus. I sometimes feel like I could announce the apocalypse and a few of you would be underwhelmed!

Hey guys, Mods,

THIS POST IS TOTALLY OFF-TOPIC

I have a question: The price update for the MW2 map packs should last until the 12th of October, which it is today. When I watched earlier this day the prices were still €6,99 instead of €13,99, but when I cameback from buying my PSN-card the prices were up again, even though the packs are still in the special prices zone in the PSstore.

This issue plays at least in the Dutch PlayStation Store locale. I’ve come to ask here since the PSstore-managers are in England and time is limited….

Nice, can’t wait for Killzone 3 beta!

steven_dutch 12 October, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   6

Hi James.
When will the Dutch be able to get yeti Sports?
It’s still not available in our store.

James Gallagher 12 October, 2010 @ 6:14 pm

That’s something for me to check when everyone else is back in the office tomorrow.

JOHN-HONDA 12 October, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   7

8pm for me. Have enought time to get the theme.

Agamer2006 12 October, 2010 @ 6:04 pm   8

Nice I will have my eye on the store at 8pm, lets hope it doesnt break ;)

Do you know when codes will be given out for Non PS + Subs? Imma try my luck !

moriarty1975 12 October, 2010 @ 6:04 pm   10

Hustle Kings trial & discount? Halloween avatars?

Aryeh Loeb 12 October, 2010 @ 6:04 pm   11

Good too!

moriarty1975 12 October, 2010 @ 6:05 pm   12

Edit! Just the halloween avatars are still missing then?

James Gallagher 12 October, 2010 @ 6:07 pm

Let me check on that when everyone gets back in in the morning. I’m just passing on information until James Thorpe gets back.

pillaysteven 12 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   13

OK that decides it. I still haven’t bought the Fallout 3 DLC. I will be buying Playstation Plus for a year tomorrow. Fantastic deal! Good job Bethesda & Sony! This is the first thing you’ve offered that I just couldn’t say no to :).

addyjones1234 12 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   14

Seriously – you guys really need to stop hyping things up….

I have just sold Fallout 3, what a fantastic reason to re-buy it, thanks guy’s/gals =)

Great time for the update and nice work on the Fallout 3 DLC. I had to start again today because I lost my save and it made me want to buy the GOTY edition. Now I don’t have too! :D

Oh and this is very awesome indeed… always wanted to buy the GOTY, but now I won’t have to since I got the original! Saves me mony for the borderlands GOTY.

JOHN-HONDA 12 October, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   18

Why is not my Ps+ logo showing? I am a ps+ member.

PaddyCharlie 12 October, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   19

It still doesn’t cover the fact that ps+ users have been treated badly and ignored over the last week. A short reply to one of the many comments would have done.

But that said this blog does go a long way to making up for it. Hopefully it was only a small blip with the service and will go smoothly next month.

Thanks for the update and extras

James Gallagher 12 October, 2010 @ 6:17 pm

It’s not as easy as a quick reply here and there – I have to ask someone what the answer is, and they often have to then go and ask someone else etc… especially as I just run the blog and don’t have any direct involvement with Plus. When the other James is back, he will hopefully be much better than me.

SpyDudeFX 12 October, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   20

Sounds great, very nice work. Just wondering where are the Halloween avatars?

James Gallagher 13 October, 2010 @ 10:16 am

I’m afraid to say that there has been a last minute hitch with the Halloween avatars. All I know at present is that they won’t be in today’s update, sorry.

Nice! If I didn’t already have (and completed) the Fallout 3 DLC this would have swayed me. Keep trying! :)

Hi I know it’s 8pm but what date?

So as soon as you download the theme, does the beta go automatically to download, or do you get a code in a few days time?

The anwser to this question could dertime if i get PS +

wow, that’s damn sweet! :D

AllytheBruce 12 October, 2010 @ 6:09 pm   25

Sweet! I picked up a second hand copy of fallout 3 for £5 a while back and it’s not the GOTY edition so I am very happy :D

Anynews on Castle Crashers for UK PSN or the extra PS3 plan thing the USA has.

TheNarrator 12 October, 2010 @ 6:11 pm   27

kudos on the giving away the Fallout DLCs! tis a massive giveaway and a great package to have in Playstation Plus for sure :D

and sure theyll enjoy the Split/Second demo aswell hehe.

gforce-92 12 October, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   28

Okay you guys re-earned my respect :D

MarvinUyleman 12 October, 2010 @ 6:12 pm   29

Wow, great work PS+ theme (and james.. if james isn’t already included with the term :P)

I was losing faith in this stuff but this just makes me jump in the air out of happiness!

Hoping to see the Halloween Avatars however, but this is awesome anyway!

Cheers

James Gallagher 12 October, 2010 @ 6:18 pm

I’m going to find out where they are tomorrow. It might well be that they are included but nobody told me.

James Gallagher 13 October, 2010 @ 10:17 am

Please see my comment above, with apologies.

Aryeh Loeb just one question I have to ask you and it’s the following will the theme after be available only to PS+ subscribers or will it be open to all ? I have since killzone2 when it launched the killzone2 theme till today and I really want to know is if I’m lucky will I be able to get the theme even if I’m not a Psn+ subscriber or will the theme be released to all when the game is launched in February? I really want to know because I want to have the themes of killzone 2 without going PSN+? That is my only question the rest if I’m lucky I will try to get into those 150 seats to get the code

Aryeh Loeb 12 October, 2010 @ 6:18 pm

Wow, you must be curious as you are asking on all channels. :) We have not determined yet what happens to the theme at a later date. We might make it available, but I’m just not sure. Sorry.

This is brilliant news for the people who work and EXCITING for anyone celebrating their Birthday tomorrow(and yes its mine tomorrow).

sully1311 12 October, 2010 @ 6:14 pm   32

Lovefilm James???

MarvinUyleman 12 October, 2010 @ 6:15 pm   33

Oh and i want to add that the Dutch store (and other stores, or so i’ve heard) doesn’t have Yeti Sports, what’s the deal here? We’re not getting that Mini?

Cheers again ;)

MarvinUyleman 12 October, 2010 @ 6:15 pm   34

Congrats hjm50 :D, hopefully you’ll get into the beta if you want it :D

TheSabreman 12 October, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   35

Sadly a pretty flawed offer for PS+ owners as the DLC is pretty buggy and often prone to crashing, just luck at the reviews for it.

Make sure you keep saving the game.

I’d be more impressed with PS+ if the got the lazy Bethesda to patch it.

SlapnutzUK 12 October, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   36

Why are PS Plus subscribers when we were promised BETA access as part of the deal, the PS Plus page states “access to select BETA’s”.

Killzone 3 has been “selected” and yet we have to download a theme and hope we get in.

This isn’t the service that was promised!

psychobudgie 12 October, 2010 @ 6:18 pm   37

brilliant news for anyone who doesn’t already have all the download content like myself. (punches self repeatedly, ‘don’t buy dlc, don’t buy dlc)

ShadowDoGGG 12 October, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   38

Will servers be able to keep up with this? I am assuming with so many people trying to get on – it will cause problems.

Carnivius_Prime 12 October, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   39

but i hate fallout 3. most tedious game of this generation… oh well.

GhostViper 12 October, 2010 @ 6:20 pm   40

Nice work. I’m glad I only bought one of the Fallout 3 ad-ons. Great stuff :D

Well i have to say fallout content news really fills up the lack of DLC nicely. Good work plus team! Not that it helps me though since i gave my copy of plain fallout to a mate ages ago cause i wanted to get gotyed. But ill be waiting for next months plus specials with fully loaded psn card. keep em happening! in meantime how do i go get that infamous DLC-like zombieBBQ home-thingy?

James, want to/can you give us a comment on GT5′s release date? Rumours it’s getting delayed in Europe..

C_L_O_U_D_M_A_N 12 October, 2010 @ 6:22 pm   43

Nice one James, thanks for clearing that up! I thought I might have to take the day off college for the KZ3 Beta, not anymore though.

While I don’t play Fallout 3 (not my cuppa to be honest), I appreciate that you fellas are going out of your way like that.

As someone else mentioned, I think this need verifying; will the KZ3 theme be exclusive to Plus members?

devilwithoutfear 12 October, 2010 @ 6:23 pm   44

and the multiplayer demo of Split/Second: Velocity will be online tomorrow aswell?

Uhh

Quote :
Tomorrow! Set your alarm!

Its in the evening right ?

Or morning 8:00 ?

Aryeh Loeb 12 October, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

Just quoting the original post above these comments:
    will go live in the EU PlayStation Store at 8pm in the UK, 9pm CET and 6am in Sydney, Australia on 13 October.

Cheers for reply

James,

Glad to see the Fallout 3 DLC make its way onto the store, if only a couple of months too late for me to save any money, but at least some people will get enjoyment out of it.

The only featuers that I would like to see in PS+ which would make it so much better is this. Give us choice. Restrict us to one full game per month, but at least let us choose between a few different games as at the moment there has been nothing that has really taken my fancy. I appreciate that PS+ is in the early stages and I know that you’re working hard to make this service as good as possible, but when it comes to deciding whether to renew my subscription next August, I want it to be a no-brainer.

Cheers,

Ben.

Ziggy_Marley_93 12 October, 2010 @ 6:24 pm   48

The Fallout 3 DLC is great for the people who don’t already have it. But yet again theres nothing here for me apart from the Killzone 3 theme and a slim chance I’ll get in on the beta. I really wish I’de saved the £40 on subscription, I could’ve bought a full retail game :(

Started playing Fallout 3 last week to see if I would like New Vegas.
I like it very much and was thinking of buying all the dlc or getting the GOTY version. Then this news pops and really makes my day! :)
Big Thanks!

8pm PSN is going crash for sure LOL!

Load all