Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:29pm

Gran Turismo 5 Release Update

We are sorry to say that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available on the previously announced release date of November 3rd, but the game will be released before Christmas. We sincerely apologise to GT fans for the delay, however creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating a racing experience of the highest quality.

We are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches later this year.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

356 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

FOR THE LOVE OF [DELETED]!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

addyjones1234 13 October, 2010 @ 4:30 pm   2

Ah we forgive you, just knock £50 of the signature edition and I’ll cancel the mob outside…

I blame it on Postman pat! I ordered it a year ago…

Noooooo

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I had preordered the SIG edition, we need valid reason for the delay it better not be COD.

Its not right to cancel the release so close to launch date. Highly dissapointed in Kazonuri yamauchi. Everyone will lose interest now.

Guillemots 13 October, 2010 @ 4:32 pm   6

TA-DAH! :lol:
This makes me very sad :(

TheHudfather 13 October, 2010 @ 4:32 pm   7

i’d be lieing if i was shocked…

AHAHAHAHAHA, I can’t help but laugh…

Is Yamauchi for real or what?

This game is either the GOTY or the Floppy…

I’m sorry but this is idiotic. At least give us a good reason for the delay.

This is not a valid reason.

wbrinkman 13 October, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   11

You unbelievable bunch of bunglers.

Thanks for the well explained reasoning behind this as well.

STUPID_DAD 13 October, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   12

WOW
But i just finished buying my pre-order off

move support and plus beta strategy

I hope it’s a fake…

demaine04 13 October, 2010 @ 4:35 pm   15

Has the release of GT5 just become a running joke – a very, very long running joke?

I’m starting to think the game doesn’t exist beyond a few doodles done with crayons.

Ahahah, how many times has this game been delayed?
It’s ridiculous!

what a comical disaster!!!!

Can’t we just have a reason? Please.

why can’t you admit you delayed it due to call of duty?

JordanBlack68 13 October, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   20

How can we trust you if they game is going to be released before xmas?

GutsBerserker 13 October, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   21

Way to go, as spatsnaz already said, give us at least a reason why you’re delaying it, I think we deserve it.

How can we even believe it’ll be out this year at all, there’s not even a fix release date anymore??

xchris2008x 13 October, 2010 @ 4:37 pm   22

forget it, waited to long and still waiting.

If they release it at the end of December they’ll sell TONS. Because you have Christmas cash and also there is never any games after Christmas.

Posted on 13 October, 2010 at 4:33 pm by Kartik21
“creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating a racing experience of the highest quality. ”This is not a valid reason.

I totally agree … we need a definitive reason why this has been delayed 3 weeks before release.

VIPERGTS01 13 October, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   25

With 3 weeks to go… Sad Panda

STUPID_DAD 13 October, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   26

Yeah,give us a reason

geddesmond2 13 October, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   27

[DELETED] seriously. DC Universe, LBP2, Socom 4 and now GT5. Guess I’ll have to buy COD Black Ops instead now. Sony your messing up big time this holiday season

I think it’s only fair on the fans that a clear reason is given and not some vague hint.

neilp1982 13 October, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   29

New GT5 realease date: November 2011

Thirsty-Duck 13 October, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   30

Technical issues.

crusher915 13 October, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   31

if they are adding a REAL!!!!! course Maker then it´s ok

MJHAYLETT 13 October, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   32

you have got to be kidding me. It’s turning into a Duke Nukem Forever Joke. Who wants to bet it won’t come out this year after all. They say ‘Coming November 5th’ then a few weeks out they say ‘Delayed but still this year’ so all we can expect is not the game but another delay that says ‘Coming Q1 2011′ I want to swear on here so much.

xchris2008x 13 October, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   33

you might want to knock this game into 2011 just like sony did with little big planet 2

mango1234 13 October, 2010 @ 4:41 pm   34

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! D:

I was having such a good day and then this pops up! :<
If this is going to be delayed another few weeks then I would like some extra special content ;)

GOD DAMN IT! <.<

Agree @31 but Q1 2011 games never sell amazingly well. It needs to come THIS YEAR, or not at all.

AaronSOLDIER 13 October, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   36

Congrats Sony, you will be third place in the console war forever now, this was you’re only breakthrough.

I think they’ve got their reasons, there trying to make this the best possible racing experience ever. They’ve must’ve found some bugs here and there that need attending to.
I’m sure they didnt wanna push the date back any further too, but I’m sure it’ll be worth it.
Good on ye, GT guys, good on ye.

PirateThom 13 October, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   38

I don’t blame Sony and I don’t blame the messenger, I entirely blame Polyphony Digital. It’s obviously one of the most poorly managed studios under the SCE brand. Visionary, important to the industry and definitely trying to push hardware as much as they can… but severely badly managed and terrible at meeting deadlines.

If PD was an independent studio, they’d be forced to close. No studio could cope with the sort of running PD get away with. For GT6, or any future PD projects, I think Sony need to make sure they’re keeping to deadlines to prove themselves again. Sad, but waiting this long on GT5 and then being asked to wait longer, after a release date was set, is unacceptable

I don’t think there’s any more to this story than PD said they needed more time to finish it and Sony gave them an unltimatum od month to get the game ready to pass certification. Simple as that.

And it’s a shame because they want to make the perfect racer, but you also need realistic limits. Internet connections and HDDs, all PS3s have the ability to make use of them. Post release patches for the minor bugs.

SpeedyOLLY 13 October, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   39

I could cry,why,why,why,why,why???????

/me puts the steering wheel back in the cupboard to collect dust. one day it will be used. one day.

Why can’t we rate this to minus numbers?

I really hope there’s a VERY good reason for this and not just some perfectionists foolish ego getting in the way.

Not happy.

simbatool 13 October, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   42

first you’re asking 50€ more on the Signature Edition(first 180€, now 230€!!!) and now you’re delaying the game… sony you can’t be taken serious anymore! it’s just ridiculous! 3 weeks before release you’re delaying it into the holdiday season.. why? do you think that you’re finding more buyers for the game? everyone knows that GT5 will be top notch and so everyone will buy it even if it’s november or christmas! and even if you’ve got to do some fine tuning for the game… RELEASE A PATCH DAMNIT!

BLEACH-Fan 13 October, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   43

so basically a few weeks no big deal :) the yanks are going insane on their blog XD

Marrsterhausen 13 October, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   44

SCEA/SCEE/SCEJ are Polyphony Digital’s [DELETED]…

Psst i reckon you should disable the rating system for this post.

But on a serious note rename this game GT:Forever

gtallstat 13 October, 2010 @ 4:44 pm   46

not cool polyphony.

Ask translator-san what the reason is for the delay. It needs to be in his notepad before we believe it.

SpeedyOLLY 13 October, 2010 @ 4:46 pm   48

Just SORRY should be very sorry,the game will be awesome tho.damn i’ll have to put up with forza for a while longer :(

ShadowDoGGG 13 October, 2010 @ 4:47 pm   49

Not a chance that this game is going to be a success. Its going to be another Duke Nuken and end up with the result of APB.

There has to be a limit to the polish on it.

Who in their right mind rated this rubbish higher than 1?

Load all