Posted 7:59am

Upcoming PlayStation Network Maintenance

PlayStation Network is offline for scheduled maintenance from 16:00 on Thursday 28 October 2010 until 00:30 on Friday 29 October 2010, BST.

During the maintenance, you will be unable to access the following services:

• PlayStation Store on PS3, PSP and PC.
  • PlayStation Network Account Management.
  • PlayStation Network Account Registration.

In addition, you will not be able to sign in to PlayStation Network from eu.playstation.com. If you wish to play online during the maintenance, please ensure you sign in to PSN before 16:00 on Thursday 28 October 2010.

During this maintenance, you can continue to collect in-game trophies and these will be updated on your profile once PlayStation Network is back up and running.

If you have any questions about this down time, feel free to visit the official PlayStation Forums at community.eu.playstation.com where you can post your query and a member of the moderation team will get back to you.

For the latest maintenance updates, visit the PlayStation Blog at blog.eu.playstation.com, keep an eye on our Facebook page at facebook.com/SonyPlayStation and follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/playstationeu.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

63 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

OMG IT’S HOME!!!

Thanks for the heads up james.

DoctorDSmiley 28 October, 2010 @ 8:13 am   2

WhT do you mean it’s home?? Homes got major updates?

Another PlayStation Network Maintenance?

Why do we always have to have this at such stupid times. I know lets stop anyone playing online all evening.

@djdustb
As it says in the post you can still play online if you’re signed in before 16:00.

However, I do agree that the maintenance could have been performed during the night or morning since there’s probably less activity then.

Why are we having so much downtime recently? I think it would be a little easier to swallow if we knew what was happening behind the scenes.

Also, why do it in the evening when most people have returned from work and want to chill out playing a few games with mates? What’s wrong with doing it between 8am and 6pm?

Again?The last time i froze when i opened my playstation 3 and it said that the password has been changed!Lol nevermind continue your great work Sony=)

What is wrong with these guys..Friday night..prob prime time for most people for gaming and they decide to do maintenance…DERRRR!!!!…why dont they do it during the day when people are at work or school…the line mananger needs sorting out!!

@ #8, it’s not a Friday night?

Is it not possible to have those maintenance windows during night hours only??

SlapnutzUK 28 October, 2010 @ 9:04 am   11

I admit day time hours would be better but hey ho it’s a free service and if I am honest I have never had a problem signing in during a maintanence window so it’s all good :)

I’m hoping this maintenance is for MUBI?
You guys announced that MUBI will be released this october.
Not a word yet and only a few days left, what’s happening?

Foolishbean69 28 October, 2010 @ 9:30 am   13

Pro tip: they do the maintenance at that time because in the USA that’s 6:30am – 3:30pm.

Despite the USA being an Xbox loving Nation where the PS3 suffers 3rd place after the Wii and the 360, (because they’re foolish) and Europe being big Sony supporters, they still choose to make downtime that suits the USA and screws Europe. Got to love that…

Really glad I’m finishing work early today otherwise there would be no way of me logging in before 4pm!! And I got soem killzone 3 Beta to play!

Don’t get me wrong, I loves Sony, but the whole World revolving around the USA annoys me.

joshualeuty96-2- 28 October, 2010 @ 9:30 am   14

Thanks for the warning James. Might try and earn some single-player trophies then :)

Thanks for the head up James,

But could you maybe try to give us a little bit earlier warning? Like 24~48 hours?

Ah doesn’t really matter, will continue Fallout 3 :-)

xx-InFeRnAL-xx 28 October, 2010 @ 9:38 am   16

In friday in hour many people stay’s in home playing PS3, nice SONY…

killzonexx 28 October, 2010 @ 9:41 am   17

owww nooo here comes the kids with the why on this timeeeeee boehoe!

they probably have a reason that they do it on that time.

quit crying! go sign in before 16:00, otherwise go clean your room, our do something else with your spare time!

ever maintainance have a purpose like updates

rather 10 updates a month then knowing people using jailbreak when i pay 50 euro for a game

and having alot of maintainance shows me sony is doing something for us (dont know what yet but probably something)

if you dont know what to do with all this spare time today

my car needs to be washed so feel free to do!

wbrinkman 28 October, 2010 @ 9:49 am   18

Pointless heads-up, when your average PS3 user returns from work after 16:00.

ROBERTWARNES 28 October, 2010 @ 9:56 am   19

Friday Night = Curry and beer

mcwildcard 28 October, 2010 @ 9:59 am   20

Good work, you might want to give the KZ3 guys a ring and let them know why their first beta event will be half empty.
Excellent timing I must say.
Pillocks.

This is ridiculous.. always the crazy times for maintenance.. No online gameplay for me all day then.. :(

Or could this maintenance finally mean we will get:

A comic store
A video store
A rewards program

Oh snap out of it and stop dreaming already.. sigh :(

TheRandomness 28 October, 2010 @ 10:03 am   22

Seconding #15, more warning is a must.

I’m sure James has let us know as soon as he could, but when you ask people to ensure that they sign in before 4pm, letting them know at 8am, is practically guaranteeing that most people are not going to know until it’s already too late.

James, if you’d pass the following feedback to the correct people I’d appreciate it…

If this was an ‘emergency’ maintenance, I’d have no issue, but the description used is ‘scheduled’, implying that it’s been planned for some time.

I’ve no problem with Sony fixing/upgrading their servers, even at unhelpful hours like across an entire evening, but could you give us enough time to react please?

VictorAnalogy 28 October, 2010 @ 10:30 am   23

It’s cool that a lot of gamers want to stay in and game on a Friday night, just wondering why they feel the need to tell us.

Read the post. Maintenance is scheduled for THURSDAY night.

Luckily, my life is full enough that I can survive an evening without online PS3ing, though a little warning would have been nice.

I won’t be doing the scheduled Killzone 3 beta game then. Great planning yo!

BLEACH-Fan 28 October, 2010 @ 11:09 am   25

damn I wanna play Killzone 3 beta aw well Red Dead’s undead nightmare pack will keep me busy :)

Hidlebuen 28 October, 2010 @ 11:13 am   26

I think everybody could manage 8 and a half hour without online gaming..

#12 I also hope for MUBI ;)

devilmaker 28 October, 2010 @ 11:19 am   27

@13

If I could rate your comment I would but instead I’m just going to have to completely agree with it.

13# it’s night for Japan to at that time.So instead of having just Europe having it on the night they have it for USA and Japan.

p4zinho331 28 October, 2010 @ 11:25 am   29

@13: Spot on sir.

@22: Sadly I knew about this monday from here

That link is 3 days old now, 3 days. It would be nice if Sony could let us know these things with more than just a few hours to go before they take effect, how about sending us a msg over PSN? or bring back the XMB news ticker for us europeans or post it in the ‘Whats new’ section of the XMB. There are so many ways to communicate better.

Come on guys, it’s not the first time they do some maintenance. If this maintenance is like the ones before, you should be able to log in and play online AFTER 16.00 BST as well. I suppose they put it in that way because the can’t guaranty that you will be able to log in and play online after 16.00.

Skookie30 28 October, 2010 @ 11:41 am   31

“Friday night is music night” ;)

T H U R S D A Y

I hope it has someting to do with the new
PlayStation Rewards.

:-D

It’s only for the US. I guess you didn’t know that.

It’s not only for the US? Why would it be posted on the EU boards?

Or are you on a wind up?

I was replying to #33, regarding the Playstation Rewards. And THAT is US only. At least for now.

Cloudedpaul 28 October, 2010 @ 12:14 pm   37

@13

dam right, its always the US in mind first, well its time they started giving the EU more or the same as we are the one carrying the playstation 3 on, atleast like someone else said get the news ticker working for EU aswell but then again they really only ever heave new stuff to tell the americans!

wbrinkman 28 October, 2010 @ 12:19 pm   38

@37 Shhh, don’t give ‘em any ideas. Quite happy to see my XMB is slightly less littered with adverts and other nonsense.

Graftonator 28 October, 2010 @ 12:25 pm   39

@13 and 37
I think the downtime occurs at 1am-9:30am in Japan? And it’s a Japanese company…

jeanhenry 28 October, 2010 @ 12:31 pm   40

I agree it is annoying to have it in the evening for Europe. I vary rarely get time to play as much as I would like due to other commitments but had put some time aside to play this evening.

Someone else posted a link to a site where this news is 3 days old. How is it possible for Sony to let everyone else know apart from their customers and blog staff.

Also saying you will not be affected if you log in before 4pm is just an extra slap in the face to people who work for a living who have no chance of doing this.

So just to recap, you continue to alianate your biggest fanbase and customers i.e europe if favour of kids and xbox loving yanks! what a way to go.

Gunner5498 28 October, 2010 @ 12:40 pm   41

I believe that the maintenance times are decided by the guys over in Japan so there’s no point in blaming SCEE.

Thanks for the heads up. Next time, could you provide us with more information then ‘Scheduled maintenance’?

Madmaz116 28 October, 2010 @ 12:59 pm   43

Sorry I misread it its not a Friday..still should be done during the day though..grrrr..

Skookie30 28 October, 2010 @ 1:00 pm   44

If i said the maintenance is to get Ps3 ready for a Toaster and a nuclear fueled nuclear weapon would you hold me against it not Happening ;)

Well let them make an official statement who is responsible for planning the scheduled maintenance. Cause all the majority is asking for is that the information is released sooner.

But this seems to happen with all the information coming forth especially in the Europe division.. Sometimes we don’t even get information..

I mean we have people guessing on the blog which division is responsible for this scheduled maintenance.. just let us know sooner..

Or maybe just like all the major releases we are waiting on.. not naming them again cause everybody knows what I am talking about.. we don’t have a date/ we are not allowed to give you this information.

frustrating.. :(

hutton1993 28 October, 2010 @ 1:06 pm   46

Why do people keep saying the maintenance is Friday night? Its Thursday night! It goes under maintenance today (Thursday) at 16:00 for 8 hours 30 minutes. If you can, just sign in just before 16:00 so that you can be connected to the PlayStation Network.

I hope this maintenance has something to do with ITV Player, MUBI and LOVEFiLM. Whatever happened to ITV Player? It was announced at GamesCom but haven’t heard anything since.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up James. Some people don’t seem to realise that all things need maintenance every now and then!

dotSilver 28 October, 2010 @ 1:14 pm   47

Thanks for the heads up.

tm2010swe 28 October, 2010 @ 1:19 pm   48

@13 (and others as well)
Yes, of course they give a loyalty/rewards program to the least loyal consumers. At least they do what they always do – we have seen these things so many times now… I do understand that ppl are upset.

Maybe they plan a reward program for Europe as well, but of course USA has to get it first, know about it first. No wonder a lot of them think they are special and better than everyone else.

Sony: Reward your VERY loyal EUROPEAN and JAPANESE customers first. That’s good for the future too. You will scare ppl away to that other brand by doing these things all the time. How many comments about these things have been posted here? And yet Sony just don’t get the message… it’s sad.

And about the update: If they only told us why they do it at those hours, maybe we would understand?

@ 48

I totally agree but this is clearly pointed out in my posts.. ;)

crusher915 28 October, 2010 @ 2:17 pm   50

You Guys Need To Do Something, Advertise Media Go More And Give It a Proper Website

Load all