Posted 9 November

LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition

Hi there Sack-folk! Hopefully you’ve been enjoying some of the LittleBigPlanet 2 “Featurette” trailers over the last few weeks – if you missed them, be sure to go back and check out Sackbots and The Creatinator for an insight into some of the insanely huge possibilities that these new features offer. There will plenty more new trailers popping up in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

We’ve got lots of other bits of cool LBP news to share as we get closer to January, and I think the best place to start is with some details of what you’ll actually be holding in your hands when the release date comes around.

First of all, here’s a glimpse at the standard edition packshot for Europe and other PAL countries…

LBP2_packshot_PEGI

But even more excitingly, here are the details many of you have been waiting for about the Limited Collector’s Edition…

LBP 2

The LittleBigPlanet 2 Limited Collector’s Edition comes wrapped in striking SteelBook packaging. The pic above shows the full package – the various logos are on a transparent outer sleeve, which slides off to leave you with a clean and iconic image of Sackboy’s iconic zip.

It’s also packed with some cool exclusive DLC content – in addition to five PSN avatars, there are seven brand new Sackboy costumes that should serve as perfect inspiration for your new creations:

• Disney / Pixar’s Toy Story 3′s “Alien” Costume
  • Disney’s TRON: Legacy “Clu” Costume
  • The Muppets’ “The Great Gonzo” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Crocodile” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Vulture” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Cobra” Costume
  • Even More Animals’ “Mandrill” Costume

Tron Legacy Suit 03_croppedGonzo02_Cropped

The LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition will be available in different ways across Europe and the other PAL countries, with all kinds of different additional goodies on offer, so keep your eyes open for more details about release plans in your country.

And speaking of additional goodies – there are four other exclusive costumes for you to look out for: iconic PlayStation heroes Jak, Daxter, Ratchet and Clank. These will be available as pre-order bonuses and, again, the exact way that you can get your hands on them will vary by country.

That’s it for now – but it just scratches the surface of the cool stuff we’re getting ready to share with you soon… :)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

390 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

I love the effort that’s gone in to the design of the collectors edition packaging. I’ll definitely be getting it.

Oh, well this sucks compared to the American limited edition. Guess I’m importing.

Deadpool_NL 9 November, 2010 @ 2:04 pm   3

What is this, a joke. oh hell no. The American people are getting more content for lesser money. Shame on you Playstation EU !!!

Disgusting

kaanmijo1995 9 November, 2010 @ 2:04 pm   4

Where are the gameholder-thingies, from the us package? That’s the coolest I think…

No Sackboy doll like in the US? And no book stands? Boo!

I’m getting the SE anyway, but can’t deny I’m disappointed.

GhostViper 9 November, 2010 @ 2:05 pm   6

Looks great, but no shelfs? :O

bluepillredpill 9 November, 2010 @ 2:05 pm   7

would of much prefered something similar to the US collecters edition with the bookends and the sackboy plush figure.

I agree with everyone else, this is awful in comparison to the U.S. edition, The Game/Book ends are fantastic!

Carnivius_Prime 9 November, 2010 @ 2:06 pm   9

Good stuff. Already gonna buy it anyways though now I might just get this version instead. Gonzo looks great as a Sackboy skin.

Guillemots 9 November, 2010 @ 2:06 pm   10

What the? And you called this a collector’s edition?

wbrinkman 9 November, 2010 @ 2:06 pm   11

Your steelbook packaging image is horribly cut-out, time to sack your graphics guy.

See what I did there?

Disappointing to say the least. The other cover looked much more cooler. And the Collector with only DLC costumes is disappointing as well (no cute plush figurine)

divine1000 9 November, 2010 @ 2:09 pm   13

Looks a little ‘lite’ against the NA release.
Do the large CE’s not sell as well in EU? The Dead Space 2 CE has been slimmed down for Europe too. Wonder if we’ll get the full KZ3 ‘Helghast’ edition.

Is this a joke? There is nothing collectible about this.

Where is the plushie sackboy? Where is the “game ends”? Where are the PSN avatars? Why are we getting shafted again here in EU.

Normally Steelbook editions of games are called limited edition, this is NOT a Collectors Edition. Weak Sony, effing weak again.

ShogunDarius 9 November, 2010 @ 2:10 pm   15

US gets a better collectors edition of a gme made in the uk, its crap like this that makes me hate being in europe and wish i was american

Sorry, won’t be picking up the collectors edition. Incredibly disappointed. It’s horrible compared to the US one. Also, the content included is just plain bad. There’s nothing “collector” about this edition. I’ll stick with the standard. A shame, because the US collectors edition is trully amazing.

xchris2008x 9 November, 2010 @ 2:11 pm   17

Getting this game on release day (standard copy) loved LBP 1(still do) and was one of the reasons why i bought my ps3 on 6th Nov 08 :D

jacksback21 9 November, 2010 @ 2:11 pm   18

Yeah gotta agree with everyone on this. The american collectors edition is awesome: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/14431-lbp2-collectors-edition-includes-adorable-plush-sackboy-more/

Yet this is just decent.

wbrinkman 9 November, 2010 @ 2:12 pm   19

@divine1000

The GT5 European collectors edition is missing out on the scale-model Mercedes the US is getting at about the same price point as well,

Europe getting the short end of the stick as usual.

Suzzopher 9 November, 2010 @ 2:13 pm   20

@Archonik, just import the American collector’s edition? That is what I plan to do now. It’ll be roughly the same price for way more content. Only problem is waiting an extra week for delivery. I am also getting Dead Space 2 limited edition from the states.

ssaannttii 9 November, 2010 @ 2:13 pm   21

Worst News EVER.

LBP is a european game!

ShogunDarius 9 November, 2010 @ 2:15 pm   22

this is a real lbp 2 collectors editionhttp://www.1up.com/news/big-planet-2-dated-collector , this is (european collectors) not even worthy of holding the ‘collector’s’ title

Gamester101 9 November, 2010 @ 2:15 pm   23

Well this is very disappointing. Can we get an explanation at least?

Europe gets bum deal as usual.

Go on, add the final insult. Announce the release date as being after the North American date.

I love the irony that people 5000 miles away, get to play the game before someone who lives in the same street as the developers.

SlapnutzUK 9 November, 2010 @ 2:16 pm   25

Great, another shaft courtesy of Sony and SCEE :)

The least you could have done was given us all 11 costumes like the US version rather then removing 4 of them so that online retailers could claim them as “bonus” offer.

Come on SONY, you do know people in the UK WILL and DO buy this stuff yeah?

Suzzopher 9 November, 2010 @ 2:18 pm   26

PS3 gets tanked each month in America so they give them better deals, in Europe PS3 does better so Sony shaft us, nice.

IS THIS A JOKE? GIVE US THE US VERSION!

almighty-slayer 9 November, 2010 @ 2:18 pm   28

I love it when America gets better collectors editions than us!

way to shaft over the loyal fanbase who brought lbp1 the most sales out all the regions . typical as usual but certainly didnt expect this from lbp team , u.s get bookends ,avatars and a doll and europe get virtual tat that will no doubt go on sale to u.s at some point anyway . PATHETIC

soopastarr007 9 November, 2010 @ 2:19 pm   30

You call this a CE? Offers nothing like the U.S CE.I’ve had had better content from inside a christmas cracker.

SCEE drops the ball yet again. Disappointed,really disappointed.

I agree with Suzzopher. This is no way to treat the REAL PS3 fanbase. USA’s got their head up their 360′s backend and they get the goodstuff. What’s up with that?

greyness123 9 November, 2010 @ 2:20 pm   32

TOTAL DISGRACE shafting your own loyal fanbase

well that just kinda sucks.. a real CE would have all the costumes without having to be sure to buy it the right place..

MalcolmHB 9 November, 2010 @ 2:22 pm   34

Very disappointing, I don’t think I’ll be bothering with the Collector’s edition if you can’t give us the same one as America. Would it really have been that much trouble?

VictorAnalogy 9 November, 2010 @ 2:23 pm   35

Might import the US CE, more likely, I’ll just pick up the standard edition.

Still excited for this game, but the lacklustre CE has knocked some of the stuffing out of me.

I’m not angry, I’m just disappointed.

Sony an EU dev and the EU get a naff Collector’s editions compared to the US. Not unfair at all.

SlapnutzUK 9 November, 2010 @ 2:24 pm   37

..and yeah I “could” buy it from the yes but then I will likely get stiffed on import tax and then I’ll be stuck buying DLC see from the US Store.

Add to this the current exchange rate and I would actually be out of pocket!

If it wasn’t for Europe the PS3 would be dead!

AND GET THAT MOVE NIPPLE OFF THE COVER PLEASE!

Maybe if we just all agree to not buy the game @ all until this is fixed how about that..

Mattsta001 9 November, 2010 @ 2:25 pm   40

No Sackboy plushie. Dumb marketing move. Fail Alex Pavey and the SCEE marketing division.

Dante_Zero 9 November, 2010 @ 2:27 pm   41

shouldnt we post the reactions over at the Mm forums. maybe they might get the message. i know this is the collectors edition i didnt want

greyness123 9 November, 2010 @ 2:27 pm   42

we will no doubt get the rubber ear treatment regarding 99% unhappy people about this shaft

jacksback21 9 November, 2010 @ 2:28 pm   43

I work around 500 yards away from the Media Molecule headquarters. Might go in there and have a word!

thorgrimm 9 November, 2010 @ 2:28 pm   44

we got a cooler god of war 3 limited edition…
But I agree, you could add a sackboy plush…

It’s cute and it’ll sell…
Why didn’t you guys do a survey for this edition…
God of war 1 and 2 remastered got mostly the support from that survey…

give us our plush

Very disappointed. Looking forward to the book ends to hold my games. Will not be buying this.

SlapnutzUK 9 November, 2010 @ 2:28 pm   46

I agree, I think SCEE citizens should boycot the game. Let it fail in the EU but we should also head over to MM’s forum to explain why.

Fail. A ‘collector’s edition’ is more than stupid DLC which you will be able to buy a few months later anyway. A collector’s edition is a sweet package with REAL LIFE goodies. Not stuffed with DLC. Besides, steelbooks are so 2002…

What, you can’t even give us the pre-order costumes in this CE like the US? Or any physical goodies whatsoever? This is a huge letdown – I’ll stick with the the standard edition, to be honest.

Also, to all companies everywhere: STEELBOOKS ARE NOT AS AWESOME AS YOU SEEM TO THINK THEY ARE. They break easily and the design scratches easily too. It’s a cheap, crappy way of making a crappy special edition more “special” and add another bullet point to the feature list.

haha, Espiox, so true… Everyone does steelbooks. I rather have a beautiful digipak instead.

greyness123 9 November, 2010 @ 2:32 pm   50

can anyone link the media molecule forums on here please so we can voice our unhappiness with this .thanks

Load all