Posted 5:10pm

The Zombie Apocalypse Is 1 December

Calling all zombie killers from across Europe: over the last few month we have been talking quite a lot about Dead Nation, the third-person shooter coming to PlayStation Network, revealing the game’s innards trailer by trailer and limb by necrotic limb.

Dead Nation

Lots of you have been asking when this game is coming out and I am very happy to finally give you a release date.

Get ready: the zombie apocalypse is happening in Europe on the 1st December, only on PlayStation Network.

The price will be €12.99 / £9.99.

In case you’ve had your head in a corpse and don’t know what Dead Nation is, see all of the posts we have had on the game here.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

69 Comments 11 Author replies
Show oldest first

Goodie. Can’t wait!

Yes finally!

Really been looking forward to this one.

flamingcarrot 15 November, 2010 @ 5:24 pm   3

Great news – I have been hoping for a release date to be announced – I was just checking for news yesterday, as a matter of fact.

Game looks great, especially now that online co-op has been added.

What with this, Red Dead Undead, and The Walking Dead on TV, December is officially going to be the month of the Zombie for me :)

Great stuff. Loved what I’ve played

Finally…a release date. :D

I am so buying this day 1. I’ve waiting for sooooo long. Look forward to slaying the undead in their masses. :p

Looks good! Will there be a demo? It looks like something that needs to be tried before it’s.. er.. buyed. :)

Cristina Giuliano 16 November, 2010 @ 10:02 am

For the moment we are not planning a demo, we focused on polishing the full game to have it ready on the Store before Christmas.
    But you never know, it’s something we could look into for the future …

Great now that this is done pass on info to Housemarque that i want more Superstardust HD DLC or a new version :D

Superstardust is still the best game on the PSN and i’d love a new one :D

Cristina Giuliano 16 November, 2010 @ 10:06 am

Thank you !
    your feedback has been taken into account … new DLC for SuperStardust… who knows ….. ;)

Ahmedz_LOLZaMan 15 November, 2010 @ 5:29 pm   8

Awesome!

I hope there’s gonna be a discount for PS+ members since I only have less than £9.20 ^_^;

Cristina Giuliano 16 November, 2010 @ 10:07 am

More news to come soon on the PLUS deal … keep your eyes peeled, you won’t be disappointed !

MagikToaster 15 November, 2010 @ 5:29 pm   9

I was just looking today to see if there was any news on a release date and here it is!! I guess I will be £9.99 lighter of purse on the 1st of December :) A fine price too…tally ho!! bring on the Zomb-a-thon!!

x51CKxGRIM4LDUS 15 November, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   10

there it goes :D my December game … i knew it !thanks for the release date

marcindpol 15 November, 2010 @ 5:33 pm   11

will it be any cheaper for PS+ members?, and also will there be a demo availabvle?

thanks

Sold!

Better on December than now with Gran Turismo 5 and Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood.

As I always said, I’ll try the demo. I’m curios.

Carnivius_Prime 15 November, 2010 @ 5:42 pm   14

zombies are boring but i’ve faith in the stardust guys to make this a fun game. not many other games i feel like buying til LBP2 anyways.

AKGermany 15 November, 2010 @ 5:51 pm   15

Will this be released in Germany and will it be uncut?

Cristina Giuliano 16 November, 2010 @ 11:08 am

Hello,

The discussion with the German age rating authority is still in progress. We hope for the best but I can’t promise anything at this stage. This is a 18+ PEGI title so the content could be not suitable for the German Store.
    We will keep you posted!

1. [DELETED] YEAH! That’s really cheap! OSSOM POSSOM!
2. Can we pweeeeze have that picture as a bloody brilliant wallpaper size? ^o^

James Gallagher 16 November, 2010 @ 10:54 am

You know, if you click on blog images then you’re taken to our flickr page where you can grab large versions.

I say this to you.If you give us psn + members a discount i promise you i will buy this day one!!!If not i will buy it but on a later date.And if you are doing a discount do it to 10,99euro :)

Cristina Giuliano 16 November, 2010 @ 11:10 am

Keep on checking the blog, some announcement on a Plus deal could come soon …. ;)

Awesome can’t wait I am buying.

The game is looking very awesome but I don’t know if it’s worth €12,99. So my question is: “Will there be a demo?”

Hell-Raiser-85 15 November, 2010 @ 7:10 pm   20

At last. Cant wait.

What will it cost in sweden? Can I expect something like 120 kr?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I’ve been waiting so long since the Beta, and now it is coming out, but at December 3rd I have to go to my parents house to celebrate my dad’s birthday, that means 200 km’s away from my ps3 with Deadnation!
AAAAARGH

There goes my chances to be in the top ranks for some time :(

TalllPaul 15 November, 2010 @ 7:42 pm   23

Woo finally a release date :D Can’t wait to get me mitts on this.

I’d also like to know if this will be released in the german PSN store, and if it will be censored.

It would be great if we could have an answer on this!

yeah

marcindpol 15 November, 2010 @ 7:56 pm   26

[DELETED] why noone answer our questions?, americans get theirs on us blog…

Cristina Giuliano 16 November, 2010 @ 11:22 am

sorry for being late guys, the post went live last night after office hours, there I am though :)

21#

120 kr i Sverige ja :)

105kr and i will buy it day one.PLEASE PSN+ DISCOUNT.

Sweet, a fantastic looking game. I can’t wait.

Sniper_at_w0rk 15 November, 2010 @ 8:17 pm   29

The zombies are already crawling in Dead Ops Aracade :P

Happy days, nice price to.

Having played this for the last month or so, rest assured, you guys can safely look forward to this thing. It’s great fun, awesome atmosphere and co-op is a blast.

xchris2008x 15 November, 2010 @ 8:32 pm   32

Finally :P

Getting this on day 1, love zombie games :D

geddesmond2 15 November, 2010 @ 9:15 pm   33

Can’t wait and 13 euros is fairly reasonable. When I heard the game had aa platnum trophey I was expecting it to be 20 euros. Nice call Sony, yous should sell millions now

FINALLY!! Time to get some zombies kicked!

Cool but why once again the Sony’s conversion is not fair? £ 9.99 GBP = € 11.81 … not € 12.99 (and this is just one example among many others)

Respect your customer and put the correct conversion for players who do not live on English soil please

Demonized 15 November, 2010 @ 9:57 pm   36

Fantastic!!!

Apart from GT5 this has been my 2nd most sought after release date for a PS3 game.

And I’m very impressed with the price too. From what I have seen of the game I was expecting like £14.99 tbh…which I would have paid but £9.99 is good for me.

I’ll buy this a week after, since I’m away when it’s released. But it looks awesome! :D

I was expecting like €11.99 tbh … its real price after conversion

this is excellent news.

I was in the beta, and can say with great conviction that this is one of the best games I’ve played in a long time…

This is a day one purchase, without a doubt, though I hope there’s a demo just to convince those yet to play the title of it’s awesomeness

discount? earlier release? no love for psn+?

Tekkenfanaat 15 November, 2010 @ 11:25 pm   41

Glad to see it’s finally coming out. Have been playing the game since the beginning of october (first a preview version and since a couple of days the finished product) and I’m having a blast (and was suprised to see a platinum Trophy after checking the Trophy list).

They come in numbers,
They come in pairs.
They run after me,
But i dont care.

We can run,
And we can hide.
But i’ll have me shotgun always at my side.

BRING IT!!!!!
Day 1

SpaceCakeNL 16 November, 2010 @ 12:18 am   43

Too bad, I’m now loving zombie mode & also DOA(Dead Ops Arcade)!

Cant wait.

bluespook 16 November, 2010 @ 7:36 am   45

Hi cristina

Is dead nation coming to australia? please say it is i been waiting for this game ever since i watch the gamescom vids back when it was announced.

Love it !!

Akinokaze-FA 16 November, 2010 @ 9:57 am   47

Not sure if it’s just me but the EU blog is inaccessable right now from firefox. I just get a screen with:

400 BAD REQUEST
—————
nginx

Will this game be released in Germany as well? If so, will this version be cut in any way?

Day one buy! The Beta sealed that for me.

Awesome gratuitous zombie carnage.

I won’t buy it without testing it!

Demo please!