Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:01pm

This Week On The SingStore (17 November 2010)

Hi all! Exciting times this week as the first downloadable dance add-ons will be available in the SingStore and that’s not all. In addition, we’re giving you dance and guitar gameplay which you’ll be able to grab for free from the Extras section. Don’t say we’re not good to you! :) Note that to get these extras, you will have to have the recent 5.10 update installed.

So apart from twelve dance – I’m expecting amazing videos in MSO, btw – and two guitar add-ons there are also great new tracks from Cheryl Cole, Ellie Goulding, Alexandra Burke, David Bowie, Morrissey and Mudhoney on offer. As always, full tracklisting is below.

David Bowie_Ziggy Stardust

SingStore Update: Mudhoney - Good Enough

You’ll notice that the list below is now colour coded (songs only). Anything in green means the track is exclusive to the SingStore and has never been featured on a disc before. Some of you requested that I add this information so hope this helps?

That’s me for this week. Now DANCE! Feel free to let me know what you think of the dances and what’s your favourite(s).

Nina xx

In English

SingStore Update: Alexandra Burke - HallelujahCheryl Cole - Fight For This Love (SingStore Update)

Alexandra Burke Hallelujah worldwide

Die Moulinettes Herr Rossi Sucht Das Glück not released in UK and Ireland
Eisblume Eisblumen
Killerpilze Ich Kann Auch Ohne Dich

In Finnish

Eppu Normaali Baarikärpänen

Dance Add-Ons

Britney Spears - Hit Me Baby One More Time (SingStore Update)

Europe - Final Countdown (SingStore Update)New Kids On The Block - Step By Step (SingStore Update)

Bananarama Venus
Billy Ray Cyrus Achy Breaky Heart
Britney Spears Baby One More Time
Cheryl Cole Fight For This Love
Dead or Alive You Spin Me Round (Like A Record)
Europe Final Countdown
Gloria Estefan Rhythm Is Gonna Get You
New Kids On The Block Step By Step
Rednex Cotton Eye Joe
The Weather Girls It’s Raining Men
Tiffany I Think We’re Alone Now
Whitney Houston I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Guitar Add-Ons
Placebo Nancy Boy
Texas Say What You Want

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

50 Comments 23 Author replies
Show oldest first
Claudio-Bertozzi 15 November, 2010 @ 4:27 pm   1

Hi Nina, nice update. I’m getting Alexandra Burke and Cheryl Cole. I would also like to say that Singstar Dance is realy fun. It’s a must have for all Singstar fans. I probably also get some Singstar dance updates.

Thanks Nina, see ya in 2 weeks

psn2stinson 15 November, 2010 @ 4:31 pm   2

para cuando Sonia y Selena – Yo quiero bailar ????

alleyt1989 15 November, 2010 @ 4:38 pm   3

WOW NINA!!! Alexandra Burke, Cheryl Cole and the brilliant Maroon 5 track!!! Also good to see Ellie Goulding’s first track (hope to see a few more from her!), David Bowie and Samantha Fox :D

Hi Nina,

Great update, especially the David Bowie track. Is there any chance that “Space Oddity” could be released on the Singstore? I know it’s already on one of the discs, but I’d love to be able to download it.

My girlfriend is also desperate for “Holding Out For a Hero” by Bonnie Tyler.

Would the 5.10 update allow users with normal singstar games (Singstar Vol 1,2,3 etc) to be able to use the guitiar addons

Nina Scherer 15 November, 2010 @ 5:09 pm

Hi omracer,

As long as you have access to the SingStore and download the guitar gamplay extra, you will be able to upgrade any existing songs you own or purchase with their add-ons. You are not able to upgrade disc tracks with add-ons, I’m afraid though. Does this help?

Thanks,

Nina

BluenosePete83 15 November, 2010 @ 4:51 pm   6

Not so good this time but there are still classics on the store that I haven’t purchased as well as the ones I promised to buy from the last update. I did still spend £9.90 though, and will do this week!!

playable_daniel 15 November, 2010 @ 4:58 pm   7

Great collection again, but is there any news when enrique iglesias is coming to the store, because he is the only thing i miss in the store!

greetings Daniel

martouf-singstar 15 November, 2010 @ 5:04 pm   8

Hello Nina,

I’ll only buy one song this time : Maroon 5′s “She will be loved”. This update is clearly a must have for people interested in dancing & playing the guitar, which, unfortunately, I’m not. For me, SINGSTAR should have remained a karaoke game.
Anyway, any news from the “SINGSTAR Q-music” and “SINGSTAR 2000-2010″ disc releases so far (tracklist, artists confirmed…)? I asked you 2 weeks ago but you didn’t reply… . PLEASE !!!!

Have a nice day and see you in 2 weeks.

Nina Scherer 15 November, 2010 @ 5:15 pm

Hiya – well, I guess there are still plenty of songs to sing in this update, even if you don’t want to play guitar or dance, non?

I’m afraid I don’t know anything about any disc trackslists or even release dates as I look after the SingStore and sadly it is not up to me to announce these either.

Will the ability to upgrade disc songs come sometime in the future… I always defend singstar, but this seems like a blatant money grab to force us to download songs we already have… I buy every disc that comes out cause i like to support singstar… especially here in North America… it doesnt seem that hard to be able to make the ability happen… and it seems like some of the upgrades you up on the score from discs wont sell well because people wont want to but the downloaded version again.

Im exceited about some of the songs… but i cant get them because i have them on disc

i dont know many of the songs in this update… thats not necessarily a bad thing, i didnt know look for me by chipmunk and got it cause i liked the preview and its one of my favorite songs… i usually listen to all the previews and decide weather or not to download a song

Please dont screw over your loyal customers

Nina Scherer 17 November, 2010 @ 9:33 am

Hey – I’m not quite sure so trying to find out for you.

I like your approach on preview clips, discovering new things and all that :)

chrisrus1 15 November, 2010 @ 5:29 pm   10

Hi
I’ll be downloading Cheryl Cole and the dance add ons for cheryl and britney.

Have you heard if Taylor Swift will be coming to the singstore anytime soon.

irishbangra 15 November, 2010 @ 5:52 pm   11

Fantastic Additions
Will be getting Talk You Down and Guns and Horses!
My Big three that have to be on here! I’ll pay £5 for each songs Nina!
Black Eyed Peas!
Michael Bublé!
Jason Mraz!
PLEASE!!!! :D

Nanio_1922 15 November, 2010 @ 5:56 pm   12

Hi Nina! how are you today?
Again me writing to you, i recover my songs from the USA and UK account, however the Mexican it’s getting hard to recover them, i contacted Sony Mexico, however i think i would have to contact UK instead.
I have some question hope you can answer.
First, i bought a long tim from the singstore the bartender and the thief from the US Store, and i recently got the imported Singstar Guitar, which i love! But when i try to buy only the add on for guitar for “the bartender and the thief” it won’t let me buy only the add on, because wants me to buy again the songs which i already own. So, when i add to the cart the song and the add on, it says i already own that song, and there’s no way to buy it :( can Singstar team fix this in a near future?.

Nina Scherer 17 November, 2010 @ 9:41 am

Hope you will be able to sort out your issues with the Mexican account soon!

This would be because you have bought this with your US account and the add-on is not yet available in the US store. However, I am pleased to tell you that the following guitar add-ons will be released on the US store today, so you will be able to upgrade after all:

David Bowie Jean Genie
    The Stone Roses She Bangs The Drums
    Stereophonics The Bartender And The Thief
    The Script The Man Who Can’t Be Moved
    The Temper Trap Sweet Disposition
    Wings Band On The Run

Nanio_1922 15 November, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   13

Another question. I remember when you promoting Singstar guitar you were showing Travis song “Sing” for it, when that song and the other Travis songs will be avaliable for the Guitar? you know i’m a Travis fan haha i can’t wait to have them on guitar too!.
And finally! the last question. I told you the problem i got with my songs when my ps3 got to warranty. So, i there a way you can change the DRM to make things easier when this happenes? i maen like ingame surveys for users to deactivate their songs from a system before PS3 got to warranty so Singstar could have a control over things. I mean something more close to users but controlled by you. So we don’t have to send hundreds of emails with some bot responses.

That’s all thank a lot Nina hope you can answer.
Have a great Day!

Nina Scherer 17 November, 2010 @ 10:01 am

You might see Travis as a guitar add-on on the store soon but sometimes things you will see in demos months earlier are actually just made for that reason. We’ll see…

jelly_bean 15 November, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   14

The update is really great… I will dance till my feet bleed… I hope to see more dance add-ons songs in the future… Thanks for the excellent big update ;)

philipathens 15 November, 2010 @ 5:59 pm   15

Cheryl, Samantha and Maroon 5 for me :)
and a whole lot of dance add-on :)

Oh Nina, I know it is not your department but I wanted to make a complaint since I am sick in bed :P Sony Hellas doesnt know IF they will release Singstar dance in greece :( why? snif snif :(

Waiting to see the X-mas songs for this year! Oh any news for Anastacia songs?

Thanks and sorry for the long comment (and the complaint) this week :(

Nina Scherer 17 November, 2010 @ 10:20 am

Hope you feel better soon.

Like you said, it’s not really up to me who releases the disc where. Maybe keep on bugging Sony in Greece from your sick bed? :)

TrulyALie 15 November, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   16

I have never wanted to buy a game based on one song as much as when I just saw the picture of Mark Arm. I hope enough people who already have the game appreciate the genius of Mudhoney that you’ve just added there.

Nice Update Nina ill be getting loads of stuff.I wanted to know for those of us that purchased the Lady Gaga songs before the songpack was released is there anyway we can get the medley added without buying the song and not only this songpack but any other songpack we may have purchased individually.

Sorry for the double post but I forgot to ask please more Sophie Ellis-Bextor : Not Giving Up On Love and Just Cant Fight This Feeling.

WOOHOO!

I’ll be all over those dance addons like a rash! Sweet!
Plus I can’t wait to sing that little gem ‘Parachute’ from Chezza :)

Holy Christ, Sam Fox!! Now there’s finally a reason why everybody should start to sing with SingStar! :D

About the color code: The chosen green color isn’t the best one, maybe you should consider using another, for example blue? It’s a bit hard to recognize which font is green and which is black, at least with my lcd.. ;)

PARACHUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE.

you should get no doubt oi to the world for christmas

PirateThom 15 November, 2010 @ 8:24 pm   23

Scrolling blog.
See Mark Arm’s face.
“Really?”
Mudhoney in Singstar.

That’s pretty awesome, one of my favourite bands of all time and an amazing live act, an odd choice for Singstar, but definitely welcome.

Nina,
pleaaaaase gimme scooootaaaaaa

or mc hammer in dance :)

@24
Isnt Mc Hammer already in Dance?

invading_space 15 November, 2010 @ 9:41 pm   26

Hi Nina,

At first glance I am getting 3 songs, now with the business end out of the way, will we be able to expect Christmas songs in the next update which lands on December 1st?

Carolus-Billius 15 November, 2010 @ 10:27 pm   27

Woohoo! Plentiful harvest!

One regular song (Sam Fox), one guitar song (Texas), and very likely all dance songs (excellent selection!)

I’ll probably grab the add-ons too, I guess I can then start Singstar with my Singstar Queen disc and switch between dance and guitar songs without having to exit the application, right?

Singstar Dance is a great success for me, it even feels like a full game to me (while Singstar Guitar feels a bit more as an extra). I tried out the Dance Partners option and it’s great to dance with two people and interact with each other. I am curious what new moves these new songs will bring.

Many thanks, and keep up the good work!

Carl

nice update – but I would love to see some Rocky Horror songs – a RHPS disk special/DLC would be awsomeare there any plans?

“The Leader Of The Pack” is gold in my opinion, and I will certainly get Maroon 5′s “She Will Be Loved”……

But, I also cannot go past some corny 80s, with class like Sam Fox’s “Touch Me”………but we need more corny 80s, and also some corny 90s would not go astray……..

We also need classic 80s & 90s, too !

Thanks for this update! Great to see more Lemar songs on Singstore! Thanks a lot for the effort to bring more great songs to Singstar. I’ll get some of these new songs this week ;)

Hey Nina,
Thanks for the update!! you made me smile a huge smile when i read Miike Snow this morning :D is there and more tracks from them in the future??
also i was wondering if we will be getting and two door cinerma club or new phoenix?
Thanks again…

Kyonkichikun 16 November, 2010 @ 3:16 am   32

Hi Nina!
Will singstar release more Spice Girls Songs (even their solo material)? Melanie C feat Brian Addams – when you’re gone is available in a starter pack, will it be available too?

smokeypsd 16 November, 2010 @ 6:35 am   33

Really happy to see the patch come. Been spending a bit on things other than games lately and wasn’t keen on dropping around 100 aus on both guitar and move discs. As my gf wanted move but I wanted guitar. Prolly still will get the discs down the track but this means i can upgrade my already huge library slowly.

SideshowN 16 November, 2010 @ 6:40 am   34

Thanks for the guitar and dance patch this week Nina. I’m hear not to request any particular songs because I know this is not the place for it but I just wanna see more hard rock/metal in the Singstore. I do understand that girly pop songs are the games target market and thats ok but people wanna sing heavy songs too. If we can get Avenged Sevenfold, Korn, and Living Color in the store then why cant we get more? Maybe heavier bands having more controversial music videos makes it harder for London Studios to get them in the game? Just give us more heavier stuff in the updates to coincide with the pop, alternative, r and b, material that dominates the store.

Marlboro1989 16 November, 2010 @ 9:11 am   35

For sec, I thought/read Guns & Horses as Guns N’ Roses :(

Good day to you, Nina. Can you clarify something? Do I really need to buy Singstar Guitar Blu Ray disk(I have ABBA edition already) in order to play guitar-tracks? I purchased The Temper Trap song with guitar add-on, but couldn’t play the guitar part for SingStar asked me to change disk.
Does it mean, that I need to purchase Singstar Dance, in order to play Dance tracks?
Thank you in advacne.

Nina Scherer 17 November, 2010 @ 11:28 am

When you purchase an add-on the game warns you and tells you which discs/Extras you will need to use it. However, from today you will be able to download the gamplay fro both guitar and dance from the Extras section in the SingStore, so you will be able to play both without owning the discs.

Bandicoot1980 16 November, 2010 @ 1:07 pm   37

OMG…. for the second week running…… more

Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey

THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH “NINA & Co”….. I knew it was worth waiting for !!

Well happy !!!!

amplifiedAnt 16 November, 2010 @ 1:44 pm   38

Completely agree with #34. I’ve been crying out for more rock/metal for months and months but it never seems to come. Or we get the very, very occasional drips and drabs then nothing for weeks at a time again. I’m sure I’m almost as fed up of saying it as the team are for having to read it!

Also, though it’s great that we’re getting guitar upgrades for older releases, I have to say I’m pretty disappointed at the speed at which they’re coming. If it’s only going to be a few every fortnight, it’ll take forever to get a decent percentage of the back catalogue sorted.

Why weren’t the 30 Seconds To Mars tracks guitar-enabled, for example? They came out after the Guitar retail disc, yet were singing only despite the obvious suitability.

Hate to say it, but it looks like Rock Band 3 is going to be getting the bulk of my money in coming months – Singstar could end up being relegated purely to parties/when I have friends round :(

OneManTagTeam 16 November, 2010 @ 2:04 pm   39

I was going to buy Singtstar Dance for my wife as part of her Christmas. We own SingStar volume 1 & have downloaded around 100 songs already from the SingStore. Will she be able to use the sings already downloaded with SingStar Dance?

I realise that the majority of them won’t have Dance features but will she be able to sing the songs that have already been downloaded with the Dance disc in the PS3 or will she need to put the volume 1 disc in to sing the downloads?

Hope someone can answer as can’t find any info

Thanks

Nina Scherer 17 November, 2010 @ 12:06 pm

Hi there!

You can play any of your downloaded songs from the SingStore with any SingStar disc inserted so Dance and Vol.1, or any other disc for that matter, are all fine.

Did you know, you can also easily swap dics when on the caroussel by pressing the select button?

Hope this helps?

Nina

Rockstarmd 16 November, 2010 @ 9:05 pm   40

Are they going to do a Singstar Glee it would be perfect for the series and awesome for US crowd was really surprise that Konami nabbed it first since sony owns rights to songs. Any word on it?

It would be nice to get Hallelujah with Leonard Cohen instead of Alexandra Burke. The original is better.

More Cohen on the whole would be a nice improvement.

Thank you Nina for your answer! That’s what I wanted to hear! Cheers!

guybrush3_16 17 November, 2010 @ 12:33 pm   43

Hi Nina. Great update especially for my Fiance as she loves Cheryl Cole. Can you tell me if I will also have the update for the Dance Version for the song Cheryl Cole Fight For This Love as I purchased this when the song 1st came onto the store so it was before the Singstar Dance came out.

If so will it automatically be included or will I have to re-download it.

Thanks

Nina Scherer 18 November, 2010 @ 11:50 am

IF the dance becaomes available you will have to upgrade your base song with a dance add-on, that’s all.

BluenosePete83 17 November, 2010 @ 1:28 pm   44

Wghat time is the update going to be available today? I’ve just been on and it’s still the songs from the 3rd November :(

cabalando 17 November, 2010 @ 1:29 pm   45

Hi Nina,
the german announcement of this update is missing the Dance Add on Content and there is no word about the free Guitar and Dance functionality.

I have ordered Singstar Dance from UK and I was looking forward to download the Dance Add Ons.

Could you please let me know if the Dance Add Ons will also be available for Germany?

Thank you very much.

I’ve got padlocks on all the guitar add ons in the US singstore except David Bowie Jean Jeanie.

Can You Put More From Rock Ballads On The Store? I cant Play that one in the USA…. or get them to make compatibility to play other regions discs through disc swapping

really hoping lonestar amazed gets on

Jedi_Amara 20 November, 2010 @ 3:56 pm   49

Is there any chance of getting New Found Glory’s “My Friends Over You” on the SingStore? It’s on the US version of the first PS3 Singstar, but not on PAL versions, and isn’t in the SingStore.

joey20153 28 November, 2010 @ 9:28 pm   50

Hi Nina,
is there any chances of getting any more Carrie Underwood songs? I expecslly want Jesus, Take the Wheel.