Posted 4:59pm

Dead Nation Hits PlayStation Store This Week: Eradicate The Infection!

The week you’ve been waiting for is here! Dead Nation will release on the PlayStation Store on 1 December for €12.99/£9.99 in Europe (and at a 20% discount to PlayStation Plus subscribers).

We’re pleased to present the Dead Nation launch trailer below. Be sure to check a few new treats revealed such as the Molotov Cocktail, Shocker weapon, and Cutter special zombie.

The molotov cocktail is an important tactical item in your arsenal as it creates a wall of fire protecting you from the undead hordes coming to eat you alive. The incredibly powerful Shocker can take out waves of the undead hungry for warm flesh. Just like the other Special Zombies, the Cutter is force to be feared. It won’t take more than one swipe of its huge blade arms to cut you in half!

Fight through the campaign on your own in Dead Nation or join a friend (on the couch or online) to eradicate the infection. With features like the twin-stick shooting style, use of recharging rush and point multipliers, it is clear that Dead Nation is built on the DNA of Housemarque’s last breakthrough PSN hit, Super Stardust HD.

Dead Nation will be available on the PlayStation Store on Wednesday 1 December. Download the game and fight the zombie virus.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

29 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Mine day one :)

Mikal_Drey 29 November, 2010 @ 5:25 pm   2

hey hey

looks too much like zombie apocalypase will there be a demo ?

Carnivius_Prime 29 November, 2010 @ 5:26 pm   3

Hope it’s got a trial or demo. As good as Stardust is I’ve been stung a few times by games £9.99 and above that I took a risk on without a demo to try out.

after about 20 blogs about this game i think ppl from last year knew it was coming.

Will this game be released in Germany as well and will it be modified in any way?

killzonexx 29 November, 2010 @ 5:52 pm   6

@ Mikal_Drey this game looks better then apocalyps more weapons and such

normally i also dont buy a game without a demo, but i played this in alpha mode in germany game convention 2009, so i know what i gonna get, even alpha mode was fun.

kerrfaewishy 29 November, 2010 @ 6:23 pm   7

mine tomorrow

Carnivius_Prime #

No their won’t be a demo on release.

How long will PlayStation Plus discount last? I’ll have money no earlier than in the middle of december. Will I be able to purchase this game discounted?

AnimaOnline 29 November, 2010 @ 7:48 pm   10

Thank God. Every Wednesday I’ve been hoping to see Dead Nation pop up on the PlayStation Store but nothing up until now. This is easily one of my most anticipated games of the year, really looking forward to it.

Skydancerx 29 November, 2010 @ 8:33 pm   11

Any News on a Release in Germany?

At last! :)

cakeforme288 29 November, 2010 @ 9:32 pm   13

yes, cannot wait to have this on my download list

I’m sorry if this has already been answered, but will this be coming out in Australia this week? We’ve missed out on a couple of games recently, and I’d hate to miss out on this one!

*Linconan starts singing*

There’s a deadman there,
And another one too.
They wanna eat my brains,
and yours aswell.
Fool.
“NOOooooo.”

Click click, Bang bang.
Reload, start again….

Click click, Bang bang.

BRING IT, Day1

I hope it’s out here (Australia) on Thursday and we get the Plus discount. Really enjoy SSHD and can’t see this being any less fun.

Get in! This is sweet as I thought it was released on the 8th, bonus.

Bring on the Zombie Swarm.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm brai… i mean day 1

in my experience with the beta, I’d be wary with those aforementioned moltovs… sure, they have impressive splash-damage, but you’re left to contend with FLAMING ZOMBIES!!!!

seriously though, anyone who was burned by Zombie Apocalypse and has been put off buying this should cast their worries aside… this is quite possibly the best release on the PSN to date, and you’d be a sucker to miss out on it!

It will be released anywhere in Europe – except Germany :( Have fun, people! At least you get to play it.

Will this game support voice chat when playin online?

SimplexPL 1 December, 2010 @ 12:57 pm   22

Hello,

What will be game’s price for Poland? (currency PLN – Polish Zloty).

Where is voice chat for the online???? This is so important.

Hi, I also want to chime in that although I really, really appreciate the effort to add online co-op to the game at launch, I would like a clear statement from Sony regarding voice chat.

1. Make voice chat a requirement for online co-op games. Provide a simple library for this to your developers – for games that have only a handful of players (in this case just two) it is unforgiveable not to do this and it should be completely trivial.

2. If you are saying right now to developers “don’t bother putting in your own voice chat, because that’ll just conflict with the voice chat we’ll build into the XMB” then be open about that too. And be realistic – if this isn’t going to happen in the near future, then games will have to have their own voicechat now.

Honestly, this is your current single biggest weakness in online, and it should be fixable so easily! I (and many others) just don’t understand!

And if your smart, make matchmaking from Home a requirement while you’re at it – especially now with the great group-chat features it should be very powerful and easy to implement for developers. Just provide a nice default, and perhaps allow the connections from Home to persist in the online game.

SlapnutzUK 2 December, 2010 @ 11:22 am   25

A Co-Op game online with no means of communication.

…how is it co-op then?

Shifty_Geezer 2 December, 2010 @ 11:46 am   26

Very disappointed. Where’s the voice chat?

I bought this game for the online coop, trusting Housemarque to deliver another stirling product and not repeat the clumsy designs of Team 17′s communication-free Alien Breed. Alas, once again we have an online game with no voice chat, making online play disappointing and ridiculous. If it’s possible to patch, please do so. Also please inform us if it will be patched, as if so, I’ll wait to play until it’s patched instead of using Skype.

Also Sony, when the blazes are you going to provide a proper universal chat platform so it’s not hit-and-miss whether online games work or not? Though there’s much to commend PS3, I’m extremely annoyed with your lacklustre support of online gamers, one of the primary reasons for buying the console. I could excuse it in the early days, but 3 years on with no progress just highlights I was wrong to trust you’d develop your network into the service it should be.

The game keeps freezing everytime i play? what do i do?!

strickers 2 December, 2010 @ 12:24 pm   28

Have you got a full friends list.Look on a box out on the IGN review.Menu freezes if your friends list is full.

What the hell is this no voice chat nonsense!Played 2 levels last night and love the game,but having to phone someone at regular intervals to discuss levels/tactics is pathetic.
I’ve defended PSN vs Live many times(higher player counts,Ps3 exclusives,free etc)BUT having no voice chat in game is criminal and makes the service look immature next to Live.

Voice chat Robert. It is important.