Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:44pm

Uncover The Truth In UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception

No need to scan that headline twice and make sure you read it right – UNCHARTED 3 is real.

Uncharted-3-logo_white_background

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception continues to evolve the all of the core principles we laid out for the UNCHARTED franchise, most important of which is creating an unmatched and extremely compelling interactive cinematic experience. In addition to having a compelling story and relatable, authentic characters, we push ourselves and the capability of the PlayStation hardware through constantly refined gameplay mechanics and technology innovation.

Our dedication to creating the best interactive cinematic experience can be seen in our last two games – UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune and UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves. We’re especially honoured and humbled that both titles have been so successful, selling nearly 8 million units combined and earning numerous industry awards and accolades. This sets the bar very high for us to outdo the past successes of our previous UNCHARTED games. We’re looking forward to taking on this challenge to top ourselves and create a truly unforgettable interactive cinematic experience that everyone can enjoy.

So, if you’re wondering what UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception has in store for you, we wanted to share some early details.

Uncharted_3_Image

UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception features the return of famed fortune hunter Nathan Drake and follows him through a gripping, action-packed storyline that will take you all over the world. In his search for the fabled “Atlantis of the Sands,” Nathan Drake and longtime friend and mentor Victor Sullivan set off on a daring trek into the heart of the Arabian Desert. But when terrible secrets of this lost city are uncovered, their journey becomes a desperate bid for survival that will force him to confront his deepest fears.

desert-wandering

Throughout UNCHARTED 3, you’ll be taken to spectacular new locations around the globe that will showcase all of the work we’ve taken on to take our physics, particle and visual effects to a new level.

Competitive and co-op multiplayer will return as a key ingredient to the UNCHARTED 3 package, where all of the new features we have planned will combine with our signature single-player cinematic gameplay to create a unique action-adventure multiplayer experience that can only be found in the UNCHARTED universe.

drake looking plane crash

Oh, and there’s one more thing – UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception fully supports high-resolution Stereoscopic 3D.

We’re looking forward to exploring it all with you in the months to come.

desert-drake

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

115 Comments 3 Author replies
Show oldest first

OH YEAH :D not much more to say, cant wait

I ask for just one thing.
Please don’t link the multiplayer to the Platinum trophy.

DANTHEMAN121 9 December, 2010 @ 5:02 pm   3

SWEEEEEEET

looks epic can’t wait to play this if it’s anything like the last 2 and then some, will be kick ass

cheers

*sees headline*
oh jeez now i gotta change my pants
also before i change my pants because of this games epicness is it full 1080P 3D?

Lagspike_exe 9 December, 2010 @ 5:07 pm   5

Is it to soon to proclaim GotY 2011? No, I don’t think it is.

And the winner is…………………………….. UNCHARTED 3!

imajinetion 9 December, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   6

The #1 reason to own a PS3 returns.

AWESOME! Can’t wait! :D

Carnivius_Prime 9 December, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   8

and that right there turns a really crappy day for me into a fantastic one. Uncharted 2 is the best damn game ever and I’m still playing it almost daily (especially for the past week with the hanukkah cash event) and I wanna just give my money to Naughty Dog right now. Take my money, ND and when I have one, my first born child…

I love you Naughty Dog.

But please make sure Uncharted 3 innovates a lot that no game has done before, its the key to 98 metacritic !

Ravenblade86 9 December, 2010 @ 5:10 pm   10

So can we all just fast forward time so that it’s time for the Uncharted 3 release date already? :) Really looking to see what the team at Naughty Dog do with the new environment.

Raider197 9 December, 2010 @ 5:10 pm   11

Sounds amazing, like everyone else, I can’t wait to see where you’ll take the series :-) Not sure about the subtitle though, the double “D” is throwing me off, but I didn’t really like the name “Among Thieves” at first either :-P

Very hyped. Can’t wait!

GulfWarVet 9 December, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   13

Sony Sony Sony.

Why do this to me.

LBP2
Killzone3
Resistance3
Uncharted3
R&C:all4one
Motorstorm3

Don’t you know there’s a recession on!!

You guys doing a reward system for Sony games, buy 5 get one free!!

“that will force him to confront his deepest fears”

So there’s gonna be clowns, huh? Can’t wait!

Mesmerised 9 December, 2010 @ 5:13 pm   15

OMG This is going to be sooo good! In ND we trust!

The very very best!

gangshooter12 9 December, 2010 @ 5:16 pm   17

uncharted rules

cool…. cant wait for ND to get uncharted 3 out of the way so they can move on to UnKarted.

I need more tissue.

This is awesome!
Nathan’s outfit is great!

I really love the title’s design using white and gold as colors, much better than orange.

Raider197 9 December, 2010 @ 5:20 pm   21

Oh yeah, but what about Jak & Daxter? I hope you make a sequel to that again sometime…

russdude13 9 December, 2010 @ 5:21 pm   22

Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As soon as its available I will preorder it.
I can’t wait!!!!!

Fantastic, but i frankly would have hoped you guys would have taken a break with Drake and finally brought Jak and Daxter back from the dead..guess i was wrong.

addyjones1234 9 December, 2010 @ 5:24 pm   24

Uncharted 2 is my favourite game on the console, cannot wait!

Best news i’ve heard all day.
And we’ve had Uncharted 3, Arkhan City and Transfomers 3 trailers all in one day. This obvisuoly tops the list.

Carnivius_Prime 9 December, 2010 @ 5:24 pm   26

Also loving that there’s 1080 wallpaper there. My PS3′s gonna have itself a new background (it’s been using the Uncharted 2 theme for a while now, poor injured Drake’s been walking through the snow endlessly for a very long time). Hell, with it my laptop’s having that wallpaper too. And I might print some for my actual walls too.

vonhammer 9 December, 2010 @ 5:25 pm   27

media blackout begins in 3..2..1..

I can’t believe what I’m reading!!!

FANTASTIC!

Kanyeeezy 9 December, 2010 @ 5:26 pm   29

OMFG I am soooo excited, its not too early to say game of the year ! I am loving the theme and back story already, a step in the right direction indeed. but the name hmmmmm, im not sure but the nick name is Uncharted DD, get it ! lol =D I can only imagine what will happen, for example the plane is burning and going to crash and you have to fight your way while it is going to crash ! OMG i cant wait to play this arrrrrrrrrrgh, (panic attack fall off chair)

vonhammer 9 December, 2010 @ 5:28 pm   30

Just a quick add,MLAA in my uncharted,cant bloody wait to see that running.

Hurray For More Sully !
Hurray For Visting The UK !(Look at the £20 notes)
Hurray For Uncharted 3 in general !

Wet dream

GAME of the year 2011 very easly. ;)

From Kotaku:

Late Night with Jimmy Fallon will show off the first live demo of hotly-anticipated Playstation 3 exclusive Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception next Monday, Dec. 13. Show producer Gavin Purcell Tweets that developers Naughty Dog will be on hand to demonstrate the game to show host and gamer Fallon.

I cant take credit for that statment, saw it on the fourm !

2011 game of the year IS ….. UNCHARTED 3 or a 40% chance of littlebigplant 2

oh & i can’t wait to see the improvements they made to the multiplayer.

OMG i can’t wait for this HURRY UP 2011 :)

born2destroy 9 December, 2010 @ 5:38 pm   38

Is this that big surprise we had heard of? I CANNOT WAIT :D

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG OMFG

I’M SO EXCITED,CAN YOU TELL. AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

ps Sorry for shouting

divine1000 9 December, 2010 @ 5:39 pm   40

Stereoscopic 3D… I guess if there’s one game I’d like to play in 3D, it would be Uncharted.

OMG i Need to book tickets to the vgas So i can watch the Trailer Live lol

2011 is going to be MASSIVE! ! ! (Well for the PS3 anyway, sorry no games xBox 360) :D

Amherst_Wind_4 9 December, 2010 @ 5:47 pm   43

Looks amazing!!!

but please don’t sacrifice single player for multi player! As long as the single player remains as good as Drake’s Fortune and Among Thieves then everything will be perfect!

Seems history is repeating itself, Jak 3 – desert, Uncharted 3 – desert. It don’t matter!

HOLY CRAP! I’m excited!

Part of me feels they should release in early 2012 to let the hype from U2 die down, but at the same time, I WANT IT NOW! I can guarantee you I will be watching the next trailer everyday!

Arne Meyer 9 December, 2010 @ 6:33 pm

late 2011 is a long, long time away from now, relatively speaking. I’m sure we’ll be past the hype from U2 by then and everybody will want us to release Uncharted 3 immediately.

I hope it’s not released in the same time frame as Gears of War 3, that would be a disaster….

Axel_Nanol 9 December, 2010 @ 5:54 pm   46

There is some serious half-tuck on show here. I mean check out that artwork where he has a pistol, I’ve not got a protractor to hand but it must be at least a 30 degree ‘tuck angle from hip-to-hip.

mew_frenger 9 December, 2010 @ 5:54 pm   47

super excited!!!!! go naughty dog!

Arlanthir 9 December, 2010 @ 5:54 pm   48

:D If I buy a 3d tv, it’s because of this game.

Looks like 2011 is another brilliant year for PlayStation.

PirateThom 9 December, 2010 @ 6:01 pm   50

Naught Dog have been, by far, the greatest developers of this gen… sorry guys, I’m blacking out all media on this I have the necessary information – “Naughty Dog” and “Uncharted”.

Load all