Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:00pm

thatgamecompany Shares Journey’s First Trailer

Hello hello hello! This is Kellee Santiago, and I am honoured to fulfill thatgamecompany‘s final wish for 2010 – to show you more Journey. You may have seen footage of Jenova and I on SPIKE’s special pre-VGA show last night — well, I have more for you. Below is our very first trailer to showcase some of the great things to come.

I’m in NYC right now, where we’ve been talking more about the game, and specifically about our approach to creating a unique, intuitive, and accessible online experience. So keep a look out for more info to come!

thatgamecompany Shares Journey's First Trailerthatgamecompany Shares Journey's First Trailer

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

48 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
DiscoMcDisco 10 December, 2010 @ 2:05 pm   1

I’ve got goosebumps..

I am quite intrigued to say the least. Can’t wait to know more.

Guillemots 10 December, 2010 @ 2:07 pm   3

This is EPIC.
Can’t wait Kellee! :)

mew_frenger 10 December, 2010 @ 2:07 pm   4

i love the look of this game and in a world of generic shooters this looks like a breath of fresh air.

After Flower, how can i not look forward to this.
Looks wonderfully intriguing.

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT

Looks DREAMY :P

MaikelSteneker 10 December, 2010 @ 2:26 pm   8

Looks great! I can’t wait to play it, Flower was awesome!

MavSkipper 10 December, 2010 @ 2:28 pm   9

Love both the art and music.

Only thing missing now is some gameplay vid. :)

DAYDANNY666 10 December, 2010 @ 2:34 pm   10

Where do i get this from i want it for mag

vonhammer 10 December, 2010 @ 2:45 pm   11

Yay,about time.Looks amazing,I seen some of the GT stuff and think it’s one of best looking games I’ve seen the the consoles.Day 1.2

“Only thing missing now is some gameplay vid.”

There is gamplay :)

You see more here http://tinyurl.com/2u5hyxk

GutsBerserker 10 December, 2010 @ 2:47 pm   12

And another superb game waiting for me in 2011, will it never end?

The art is so amazing! Seriously those are one of the best visuals I’ve seen in a game. The music combined with the visuals makes us dream. Can’t wait wait for this masterpiece.

MavSkipper 10 December, 2010 @ 3:02 pm   14

Thanks for the link vonhammer.

Need more though. :D

Lee_and_Nomi 10 December, 2010 @ 3:04 pm   15

After Flower and flow all your games are an instant buy. Still this game does look really special. I cannot wait.

Thirsty-Duck 10 December, 2010 @ 3:09 pm   16

Not sure if want.

thatgamecompany…one of the Best Game Producers in the World…

keep it on

vonhammer 10 December, 2010 @ 3:12 pm   18

“Need more though.”

I know,but I think I can handle not seeing any more now.I’m already sold.

This game is looking fantastic!!

BlackCat14 10 December, 2010 @ 3:43 pm   20

That was a beautiful can’t wait to play this and please put the music from the trailer in the full game, it was really moving.

VictorAnalogy 10 December, 2010 @ 3:44 pm   21

Utterly beautiful. This can’t come soon enough.

BlackCat14 10 December, 2010 @ 3:44 pm   22

Darn, why isn’t there an edit button for mistakes >_<

That was beautiful*

Marrsterhausen 10 December, 2010 @ 3:46 pm   23

Simply cannot wait for this to be released, this cannot come quick enough…

VictorAnalogy 10 December, 2010 @ 3:51 pm   24

@Vonhammer: Looks like Viacom have killed your link. :( Sad times.

vonhammer 10 December, 2010 @ 4:07 pm   25

@VictorAnalogy

check it out here http://tinyurl.com/33okt3p it’s on GT,it’s the forth grey column in the time bar.

So incredibly beautiful looking… And the music is mesmerizing! I’m hoping it comes out soon, so I can buy it immediately. :)

Looks impressive.

VictorAnalogy 10 December, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   28

You ninja! Thanks so much. :)

AnimaOnline 10 December, 2010 @ 4:36 pm   29

That was stunning. If it’s even half the game Flower was then I’m sure it’ll be a fantastic success. Really looking forward to seeing more and eventually getting my hands on the game itself. Can’t wait.

Alastair- 10 December, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   30

Oh wow, a new innovative, beautiful game by thatgamecompany that I will buy and enjoy.

What a surprise!

TrulyALie 10 December, 2010 @ 4:40 pm   31

Finally! This is my most anticipated game of 2011. I’ve been dying for more after the initial reveal. I still don’t get how the game will play, but I can’t wait to find out.

I believe there will be no PS3 account without this game. Its must have from the first screenshot I saw…
BRAVO!

This is something I have been looking forward to for a long time now.

The art style, music and not forgetting thatgamecompany’s past record make this one of the most entriguing releases of the already exciting prospect that is 2011.

yogh_wayne 10 December, 2010 @ 5:25 pm   34

Wow…!! :)

Wow. From the screenshots I thought it was like a point and click game but wow, it’s full 3D environments! This might ACTUALLY be the prettiest game I’ve seen.

NiceliBiceli 10 December, 2010 @ 6:10 pm   36

I fell in love with Flower completely; the atmosphere, the music, the visuals… So beautiful.

I’m longing for this game already! :)

tiago-kun 10 December, 2010 @ 6:21 pm   37

This is why I love Playstation. They find always the most unnusual game experiences and give us the chance to play them.

Journey looks like an amazing and unique game as are all thatgamecompany’s projects. Flow and Flower are my top picks for when people say to me they want something different and more relaxed.

I hope you keep doing what you do so well as long as you want to do it.

Reality_Deviant 10 December, 2010 @ 6:49 pm   38

Looks amazing! I’m eager to journey trough those sands. :)

RavageHeitaro 10 December, 2010 @ 7:48 pm   39

This is absolutely AMAZING, my god how long have i waited for a game with an atmosphere like this????

i did a :O for the entire duration of the trailer. Thank you Sony for supporting such a wonderful project and thank you TGC for creating such an unbelivable piece of art. 2011 is going to be a year to remember.

this looks fantastic, kellee can you tell what the piece of music is called used in the video . thankyou

* clap clap *

Amazing.

Amazing graphical artwork simple but so stylish, loved playing through flow and flower pure escapism, this is more then looking to be of the same trend, looking forward to this!

lowrider007 11 December, 2010 @ 2:14 am   43

Beautiful

Bloody_Marcel 11 December, 2010 @ 5:02 am   44

Is PlayStation Move support considered?

MollyKinzz 11 December, 2010 @ 7:15 am   45

I can has nao? XD
Really though, I can’t wait for this to come out. flOw and Flower are two of my favorite games, this already looks to become another fave. :)

The visuals for this game are rather amazing. :)

Just wow, Journey looks amazing, epicness in the making. Can’t wait to get my hands on this.

Kellee Santiago, you guys at thatgamecompany are really something special.

Stonesthrow 13 December, 2010 @ 3:46 am   48

looks really decent for a downloadable..i instantly got a feeling of nostalgia when seeing this, thinking back of shadow of the colossus..