Posted 3:00pm

Second Round Of PlayStation Plus Treats For December

Hi again, its already time for the next treats to be added to Plus for you!

Today we will be adding a couple of little extras that we hope you will enjoy.

DC Universe Online

You may have heard about a game called DC Universe Online? Well we have worked hard to make sure that you guys get exclusive access to the Beta of this huge MMO Action title. All Plus members will be included and the download is being added to the Plus section of PlayStation Store as we speak – yes, that’s right now.

Due to the scale of the game, this Beta Trial will require approximately 15GB of free Hard Disk Drive (HDD) space, and can take an average of 3-4 hours to download, or potentially longer depending on your broadband internet connection. It will definitely be worth it though!

We are also giving you guys a great PSP game Add-on for free. Little Big Planet PSP Turbo! Pack, will be yours to download and keep forever today. This pack contains loads of extras for LBP PSP.

And finally, try the game Prototype before you buy as it will be in the Plus section from today as a full game trial.

Will be back on the 22nd with even more treats for you.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

224 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

O———————-M———————–G

BLEACH-Fan 14 December, 2010 @ 3:05 pm   2

15GB!! is it on the store right now?

FINALLY!!! I have been waiting so many years for this.

DAMN James, well played sir :)

Thanks for the beta access..

philipathens 14 December, 2010 @ 3:11 pm   6

Patiently waiting to see it on the store list!!!! This isamazing!!!!

richard4481 14 December, 2010 @ 3:13 pm   7

SWEEEEET!!

Thanks!!

Galvanise_ 14 December, 2010 @ 3:15 pm   9

Is the DCU online space 15gb for download + installation?

Or will I end up having to have 30GB to do both?

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:25 pm

download is 121MB for the launcher and then the launcher will download the 15GB game

ShadowhunterrX 14 December, 2010 @ 3:16 pm   10

Thx :) But i dont see it yet :) , finally a mmo for my ps3 :) ( still waiting for FF14 )

Galvanise_ 14 December, 2010 @ 3:16 pm   11

Why is prototype so expensive on PSN? Its much cheaper on XBL.

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:09 pm

Sorry, I don’t work on the pricing but I know this is not Ross’s call either, it was up to Activision i’m afraid

remanutd5 14 December, 2010 @ 3:18 pm   12

very nice , i hope we get the LBP PSP DLC on the US store too

I can’t see it on the store.Where is it????

Nice, very nice.

Gotta love PS+!!

31.99 for prototype….is activison serious?

i mean i knew they were greedy but come on!

Andrefpvs 14 December, 2010 @ 3:23 pm   16

Those 15 GB will be a piece of cake to download with Automatic Downloads.

By the way…

I have two ideas on how to improve Automatic Downloads. Please reply if you read them:

» First, when the PS3 turns itself on, have it synchronize our Trophies as well. It would be much less of an hassle if I never had to sync them again because they would do so automatically at night.

» Second, I like how I can queue demos betas and games I download from the PlayStation Store and then turn off my console, and Automatic Download finishes transferring and installs all of it automatically. However, some of the games and betas I download require a patch after i boot them for the first time. Please have AD automatically download patches for game content it helps download, not just games you already played. I don’t see any technical reason why this wouldn’t work.

Thank you!

ShadowhunterrX 14 December, 2010 @ 3:23 pm   17

Oo nvm :D thx i am downloading :D

XJaguar12X 14 December, 2010 @ 3:24 pm   18

YES AWESOME!!!
Something good for me now since I got no LBP2 beta! :(
Anymore treats before the end of the year or is this the last of them for now?

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:15 pm

Greedy!! ;-)
    Your in luck though as i’ll be on next week with even more Plus treats for you

Any plans on getting us a discount on Back to The Future or a discount on Monkey Island?

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:16 pm

Hi, I’ll pass this on and can’t promise anything but the content guy does look at all the sugestions and prioritise them if he can.
    Cheers

vonhammer 14 December, 2010 @ 3:35 pm   20

Will the DC thing get a separate demo in the future,I’d need to play it before considering paying a monthly fee for it.

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:17 pm

Hi, i’m afraid I don’t know on that one, its currently just the beta on Plus. Sorry I can’t help on that one

MINE!! Thankyou!! Woo!!

Legion_Dragon 14 December, 2010 @ 3:39 pm   22

James, you are a God!

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:29 pm

Ah, thanks! I don’t like to brag though ;-) Hope you enjoy it and the other treats still to come before xmas!
    Cheers

This game is a joke, I played one of closed beta and then stopped playing and now I can’t cancel my pre order because I already used the key. And obviously I can’t resell it or re trade.

Same price as World of Warcraft, no thanks? I’ll still with WoW

The game would be successful if it uses same pricing plans as Free Realms, I’ll wait for Free Realms to come onto PS3 on 10th of March, most likely to be delayed anyway

cthulhu85 14 December, 2010 @ 3:43 pm   24

Looking forward to test this :D Thanks! (And also the LBP addon :D)

KC-alpha-14 14 December, 2010 @ 3:43 pm   25

How long will the LBP PSP DLC be on the store for?

Guillemots 14 December, 2010 @ 3:44 pm   26

TRULY AWESOME!
Thanks again guys :D

THANKS A LOT!!!

Wow [REMOVED], just downloaded it, 15GB? It was 121mb!! Ok I start the game & it asks for the redeem code from the manual!! WTF its a beta! Not the full version why am I being asked to enter a code???

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:28 pm

Hey, I have just spoken to Elliott, the PM for this game and he is looking into it as it def shouldn’t do this. Will let you know ASAP

15 Gigs? That would take me over my bandwidth limit this month :(
Stupid Eircom and their bandwidth limits and such… Grrr…

GhostViper 14 December, 2010 @ 3:47 pm   29

Can one quit while it’s downloading to make it continiuing downloading when I turnet it on again?

Huono_peleis 14 December, 2010 @ 3:49 pm   30

File is actually 120 MB and does pretty much nothing when installed. What’s wrong?

ShadowDoGGG 14 December, 2010 @ 3:49 pm   31

OMFG! SONY YOU ARE THE BEST

ShadowDoGGG 14 December, 2010 @ 3:50 pm   32

Can you please give us a quick holla when it is on the system?

23#

Where do you have an official source where it says it will be the same price as WOW?

Galvanise_ 14 December, 2010 @ 3:51 pm   34

@ Huono_peleis.

Once that 120mb is installed, you’ll need to click on the Beta icon in your games sub-section, agree to the T&C and then the Beta data will download using another download client.

I have 2 hours left of downloading.

31#

It’s their right now to download.

cthulhu85 14 December, 2010 @ 3:51 pm   36

@Huono_peleis: It should update when you start up that file… mine is downloading as we speak through the DC Online file.

Very Very Nice, thank you.

However, 15gb is too rich for me. While I have no cap, using half my ‘fair usage’ is a no no, especially for a game I won’t be buying on its release.

Although, the current offerings to PS+ is awesome. Keep it up……if you can. :)

OMG!!! YES!!! DUDE KZ3 Beta now DCUO beta! My PSN+ membership was 100% worth it.

Thank you, I had been waiting for this ever since I heard America got it. Now I will create a guy named Hugh Jackman and give him wolverine powers.
Time to slice people up

ShadowDoGGG 14 December, 2010 @ 4:00 pm   40

@kivi95

Cheers dude although I will need to wait until after 9 or Virgin media will quite literally rape me.

BoH3MiaNRhAPSdY 14 December, 2010 @ 4:01 pm   41

I NEED A PLAYSTATION CARD NOW , NEED TO FIGHT ALONGSIDE SUPERMAN , this is my only chance to play dc universe , i highly doubt i be paying 14.99 when the game comes out next year

LoRdReVaN08 14 December, 2010 @ 4:13 pm   42

£31.99 for Prototype wow….
on a brighter note this beta will be awesome :D

XJaguar12X 14 December, 2010 @ 4:17 pm   43

Hey James its Christmas!:D
The one time you can be greedy in a year!!! ;)

James Thorpe 14 December, 2010 @ 4:36 pm

very good point!!! carry on and i’ll speak to you next week to hopefully give you enough to keep you busy for the whole xmas break

Shadow-King 14 December, 2010 @ 4:19 pm   44

Sweet, was just playing on the american one n then read this. Will the game read my save and carry over my character to this beta? I just got invited to Watch tower! :D

Hello

First of all, thank you for a great serivce! Assasins creed beta, Killzone 3 beta.. and now this! Amazing :D

Only problem is I don’t get the time to play the fallout 3 DLC you gave us a few months back :P

And I was wondering.. Is there a way to backup the PS3 HDD, so that my PS+ content is safe? Would be great if I could take a backup of it and restore it if needed

15GB & 2-3 hours to download!

BY THE POWER OF GREY SKULL :O

Good thing i upgraded my 60GB PS3 to 500GB i got nothing to worry about.

Also How come you guys are charging £21.99 for Assassin’s Creed when you get the disc form for £5!

Thanks for this should be interesting to try out. But you cannot run the download in the background!

On another note as KZ3 is coming out soon can we please have the other 2 dlc packs of KZ2 as we were given one at the start of plus.

Many thanks

James, just to add, its not even asking me for the redeem code anymore now it just quits to the XMB.

@Sprakky If have a portable HDD (FAT32 Format) you can go to SYSTEM SETTINGS & go to BACKUP UTILITY & click BACK UP once the PS3 detects your HDD plugged in via USB depending on how much data/save games you have it might take 1hour or more it will back everything up. Your PSN+ stuff you brought & downloaded can be re-downloaded agian from he store. Then your free to format your PS3 HDD or upgrade your PS3 HDD then simply stick go to SYSTEM SETTINGS to BACKUP UTILITY this time selecting RESTORE that will restore all your backup files etc. Enjoy.

Load all