Posted 4:03pm

The Official PlayStation App, Coming Soon To iPhone And Android Handsets

The Official PlayStation App, Coming Soon To iPhone And Android Handsets

I’m very happy to finally be able to announce on the PlayStation.Blog that we will launch the Official PlayStation App very soon.

The app will be available to download for iPhone and iPod Touch with OS 4 and above, and most Android compatible handsets with a minimum of OS 1.6.

The Official PlayStation App for the iPhone

The Official PlayStation App for the Android

In version 1.0 you’ll be able to:

The first version (1.0) will be available in the following countries: UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands.

We are already working on the next version that will support most SCEE countries and languages, and will also let you comment on PlayStation.Blog.

There are tons more features we are planning to bring to this app in the next few months so keep an eye on the PlayStation.Blog for further announcements early next year.

I’ll be back here to let you know once the app goes live.

Oh, and I almost forgot to say that the app will be free to download! :)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

325 Comments 34 Author replies
Show oldest first

Brilliant! Looks fantastic. Glad it’s coming to Android.

A suggestion however. It’d be really cool if you could use the app to access the PSN Store, in order to queue downloads from on the bus/at someone elses house/at uni etc.

Just a thought. Looks good as it is though :)

Finally!

Hopefully we’ll be able to have messaging features please?

Peskdale61 16 December, 2010 @ 4:09 pm   3

Great! A proper PlayStation app for me to use!

Oh cool that looks awesome. Do you know is there is any plans to do one for Blackberry users? Thanks.

Good to see even the 1.6 android phones are to get this too :) And the suggestion above for PSN Store queues is pretty good and worth considering.

let me be 1st or 2nd even 3rd to say kudos to SCEE it be a fine app to rivals to apple app. ;)

but is it psp friendly can it be on PSP as it needs a App as well maybe you working on it PSP-2 *cough cough wink wink* :)

Hmm why only “UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands.” That really doesn’t make any sense. If you don’t have enough translators, then just release it with English language in the rest of the countries, we are used to English apps.

GulfWarVet 16 December, 2010 @ 4:12 pm   8

woo hoo good job Playstation. Android FTW

It would be good if a future version of the app had more ability to control the PS3, like queue up downloads, stream music or video in either direction or to use the phone as a remote control.

poopoojee 16 December, 2010 @ 4:12 pm   10

Looks really good, anything planned for Windows phone 7?

GekooktEi 16 December, 2010 @ 4:12 pm   11

You guys rock! Great that it’s for Android as well.

Anything known about supported models? I have a HTC Wildfire, which is unsupported in many apps because of the 320 x 240 resolution. Could you tell me if that lower solution is also supported? That would be great, because else I’d still miss out on the fun!

KeizerKuzco 16 December, 2010 @ 4:12 pm   12

Great! I had already wondered why PlayStation was hardly available on the iPhone/Android phones. Can’t wait to check it out! And as a nice bonus it is available on day one in The Netherlands! Cool!

Skookie30 16 December, 2010 @ 4:13 pm   13

edit: Dam not even 4th :( my BB must be crap today lol

designheadache 16 December, 2010 @ 4:13 pm   14

EXCELLENT NEWS!

This is something thats been needed for quite a while now, thankyou for doing it :-)

SIR-DARK-HAZE 16 December, 2010 @ 4:13 pm   15

Any chance for the SE Satio to support the app?

wow i cant wait for this

its gonna be amazing when you can send your friends messages and when they reply back you get a push notification on the iphone

DiscoMcDisco 16 December, 2010 @ 4:14 pm   17

Sandeberg has it covered … i love that idea.. just a wifi remote (like MobileMouse) or even a proper bluetooth one.

Additionally, if i landscape it, will it show me the XMB layout.. cos that would be cooool ;)

Good idea well done for bringing it to platforms other than your own,

Remote Play APP next ? Please :) you know you want too!

That’s great! Long awaited and overdue.

I hope we get to message are friends soon and this is would be a far better way of chatting than using the in-game XMB!

Fantastic news!

CardcaptorStacey 16 December, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   21

Will a iPad version be made too?

RagingAvatar 16 December, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   22

This is the best news I’ve read on the PlayStation blog in a long while. Bravo gents – this is exactly what I wanted!

Cringles88 16 December, 2010 @ 4:16 pm   23

Awesome guys! I was actually searching the Android store the other day to see if there was already an app for this blog. Kudos!

Wow thanks Sony :) I paid for an unofficial app to see and compare trophies and friends etc, can’t wait to see this one :) Hopefully it’s alot better :P Although it’s free so I shan’t complain

Nice one guys keep it up and Merry Christmas

Nice! I was more or less following the PS Blog news via a RSS app but this looks much more handy.

addyjones1234 16 December, 2010 @ 4:20 pm   27

Good stuff, but a date would be nice ;)

Alastair- 16 December, 2010 @ 4:21 pm   28

Playstation 3?
There’s an app for that.

Great to know it’s free. Good job SCEE!

mrfight67 16 December, 2010 @ 4:22 pm   30

If only i had a PlayStation Phone to run this on… :P

@Emmanuel No worries. Guess I can use it as an excuse to upgrade my phone then ;-) Thanks for the speedy reply.

Awesome news, now I will get even done!!

canarianfrank 16 December, 2010 @ 4:24 pm   33

Any news on whether there will be an App for Blackberry?

Also would be good if you could see your PSN messages on the smart phone so you can send and receive psn messages without turning on our PS3!

Ooh, very nice! Free is great too :D

One feature I would LOVE is to be able to browse the store, buy games, and have them download to my ps3 before I get home. That would be insanely useful. You have background downloading on PS3′s at the moment, so It could be possible in theory :)

Thanks!

Even less done! Doh, so excited I messed up there!

Just in time for Christmas :D Thanks again for more gifts SCEE

I agree with Erroneous. I would very much like an English app, and I can’t imagine it’s only the language that’s holding back the release. In fact, I wouldn’t want it in Swedish at all.

I imagine that it’s some sort of staggered release so as to not overwhelm servers?

richard4481 16 December, 2010 @ 4:26 pm   38

Awesome , been using a non official one for quite awhile and its very handy :)

Thanks for the reply, guess I can wait for version 1.1, just hurry up, this is exiting news :)

Sweet :D You could also try adding a Singstar remote-app (like the one which works with psp), it would be so cool to sing non-stop :) :D

In 1.2 will be able to message friends on our psn list?PLEASE SAY YES!!!

briankearon666 16 December, 2010 @ 4:30 pm   42

Is Ireland included in the initial group of countries? I dont see why not. Same as the UK.

Godchild1020 16 December, 2010 @ 4:30 pm   43

I’m in the US, will I be able to download this app from my Android and Iphone.

Questions:

1) Can you see your friends’ trophies and trophy level on the APP?
2) Can you send and read PSN messages from the phone? If not, that would be a good feature to add in the future.
3) Is there a way for your friends to see you’re using the PlayStation APP? Like when you’re playing a game they can see which game you’re playing. If not, that would be another good feature to add.

Really excited about the app! Thanks, PlayStation. :)

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 4:39 pm

1/ yes
    2/ no unfortunately we can’t do that at the moment.
    3/ no but that’s a really good idea :)

imajinetion 16 December, 2010 @ 4:31 pm   45

I want to browse the Playstation Store on my Iphone, why can’t this app do that?

shotgun_69 16 December, 2010 @ 4:31 pm   46

I’m guessing this app will come as standard on the Sony Ericcson Playstation phone ;)

Super--Brad 16 December, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   47

I have designed an Android app which basically does the same, minus the blog part lol.
Great job Sony, now release a friendly PSN api for us to use? :D

Mikelarry85 16 December, 2010 @ 4:33 pm   48

cool its about time they created an official app that offerd those services

mcwildcard 16 December, 2010 @ 4:35 pm   49

Will it be possible to log into my PS3 remote play style, and queue downloads in the PS Store, or set recordings on my PlayTV?
If not, are these functions being looked at for future updates?

(I’m not fussed about being able to watch any media, or play games, just the remote play functions above)

Great that you guys are making an official app for this. I’ve been wanting one for a long time.

But. Why on earth doesn’t you release version 1.0 in countries where English is a very strong secondary language? Do you have any release window for version 1,1 and can you confirm Norway on that list?

Deathvein 16 December, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   51

I hope to get the new iPod Touch for Xmas, so this is great news!

Akinokaze-FA 16 December, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   52

Sounds interesting, but what about pc’s/laptops? Will this work there too or is there already such a thing? [Currently using Raptr to try to do this but it's not very reliable yet.]

zooloomuzik 16 December, 2010 @ 4:39 pm   53

While it’s good to see Sony come to the app party (albeit veeeeery late) the lack of psn message features is a serious failure…. Messaging is possibly the single most sought after feature, and yet it’s on in this app.

Come on Sony, sort it out.

dsqageringator 16 December, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   54

AMEN

That’s great news, I currently use a third-party app but this looks fantastic!

Pin-Pin-Ire 16 December, 2010 @ 4:45 pm   56

No love for Ireland I see ¬_¬ I guess my iPhone isn’t worthy for the PS App :|

SpyDudeFX 16 December, 2010 @ 4:46 pm   57

No BlackBerry support? That’s terrible, it’s one of the top three in the world and gets no app? :(

why not ireland. also will there be remote play

russdude13 16 December, 2010 @ 4:50 pm   59

Will it be availible for ipad?

Hi. Great news.

One thing though: INTEGRATE MESSAGING-SUPPORT!
This has been a missing feature on the official website(s) and Facebook for some time now, and will prove very valuable if you want to set up tournaments/clan matches while you’re on the road and just to keep in touch with your PSN friends.

SeNiLe911 16 December, 2010 @ 4:53 pm   61

Looks sweet!!! Do you know is there is any plans to do one for the Windows Phone 7 users? Thanks.

This is great news! Any plans to have Playstation Store access via the app?

Queuing things to the PS3 while I’m away from home would be great!

Ok, this is seriously cool. I’ve actually been wondering if something like this would ever get released. :)

My Galaxy S is waiting patiently.

Will the videos be viewable on phones that don’t have Flash player on them, like an X10 Mini?

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 5:07 pm

The app will not be available for X10 Mini. The app doesn’t support the X10 Mini screen resolution.

Oh, and LOL at not supporting windows 7. ;)

Sounds like a great app guys, though why isn’t Ireland included, if the UK is there then Ireland should be too.

^Sorry, diregard that comment, I failed to notice the info for Ireland in the 1.1 version,

TehPhilosopher 16 December, 2010 @ 5:00 pm   68

Wow, this is actually very exciting!

I hope you’ll bring game trailers, video features and developer interviews to the app, as those are my favorite features of the blog!

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 5:19 pm

all the content you find here on PlayStation Blog will be available through the app.

almighty-slayer 16 December, 2010 @ 5:01 pm   69

Good idea but the features leave a lot to be desired.

Give me the ability to message my friends through this app, and queue downloads for my PS3 from the Playstation Store. Otherwise it’s not worth the download.

FIGHTFULL 16 December, 2010 @ 5:01 pm   70

Meh… Forgotten about Belgium again…
I know you wil say it comes to Belgium in version 1.1, but when is that…

That is pretty cool! I’d love to try that out!

Sounds well cool :P

almighty-slayer 16 December, 2010 @ 5:03 pm   73

Good job for putting this on Android though. Thanks.

FIGHTFULL 16 December, 2010 @ 5:03 pm   74

And Belgium has the same language as Netherlands so i don’t see the problem…

Once more, to the devs:

• Manage friends/send and read messages
• Browse PSN Store and activate downloads, which will then start automagically when you turn on your PS3.
• Display user-status ‘Using PlayStation App for Android’ (or ‘iPhone/iPod/iPad’) when you’re signed in into the app.

ThePitchshift3r 16 December, 2010 @ 5:04 pm   76

Why is it available only for a few countries? When will it be released for India?

p4zinho331 16 December, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   77

Great news and great that its free. I’ve been wanting a Playstation App for a long time. I hope there are plans to create a messaging system so I can send msgs to my friends list if im not on my PS3 at the time. I would pay money for that feature alone.

Tweetman_277 16 December, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   78

No LGCookie support then? Lol dont even bether trying, my phone just wouldan’t ever have the power!!! Hurrah for Android! And DesireZ…

quarkquest 16 December, 2010 @ 5:08 pm   79

This is just awesome, really really good. I have been waiting for this forever. I hope you will consider to add controlling PS3 through this app, for example, turning ON and turning OFF ps3, controlling xmb, and keyboard input, especially controlling your music through the app. Imagine, you wake up and while staying in your bed you turn PS3 from your app, then choose your favorite music and just start playing :)… you are already somewhat doing it though romteplay but need to port it to iphone/android app. That will be a killer app!!!

Blackstaffer 16 December, 2010 @ 5:11 pm   80

Will SCEA be making a version for Canada? Or will you be extending your version to Canada?

I already use an app for seeing if my friends are online, but I’d like an officially supported one!

@quarkquest:

Excellent idea, controlling the music player on your PS3 with this app!

* Is it enhanced for retina display?
+ number 75 has some good ideas. Are any of these on the cards?

smell_ya_l8r 16 December, 2010 @ 5:12 pm   83

Hi Emmanuel

Is there any chance of you creating a widget for the android phones?

I current use PSN PS3 Widget but it it doesn’t work for all games.

Perhaps you should have a look?

Cheers

DutchGameGod21 16 December, 2010 @ 5:13 pm   84

great to have this app but will it be availbe for the samsung galaxy s

@All Android-users:

Don’t worry about the app not being available in your country for now. You can just install the APK-file on your phone which will be very easy to find and download once the app is out on the Market until SCEE/SCEA makes it available in your country :-)

When will it be available in ireland?

I mean, its should be exactly the same as the english one…

This is awesome news! Been using the Android application PS3 Friends for a long while now.

Fordhandsfree 16 December, 2010 @ 5:18 pm   88

Will symbian^3 be supported in the future?

Is there any chance that the app will support Remote Play in the near future? I know it’s only available for Sony-devices atm, but there shouldn’t be any technical issues and I guess we’d all appreciate it (even more than what the app has to offer so far). Please answer!!

Good idea.

Pity I don’t have an iPhone or plan on getting one. I am thinking of getting a phone with Android on it but they are all overpriced and I won’t pay for those contracts.

iPad support would be nice.

Also, US is not in the release list for 1.0?

imajinetion 16 December, 2010 @ 5:22 pm   92

What a huge dissapointment. This application basically does nothing that I can’t already do using the webbrowser on my Iphone.

Where are the PS3 exclusive features like the Playstation Store, PSN messaging, chatfunctionalities and so on? These features would be truly useful while you’re on the go.

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 5:29 pm

Don’t worry imajinetion, we are planning to add more features to this app in the New Year, this is just the first version there will be many more…

daffycare 16 December, 2010 @ 5:24 pm   93

I have the xperia x10 mini pro will the app work thanks

JordanBlack68 16 December, 2010 @ 5:25 pm   94

Obv they won’t support w7phone.

i really hope the messaging system will be updated, it kinda sucks atm, if i’m right then all messages you get are stored on the PS3 your signed into when you get the message, Sony should update the system so third-party sites and programs can view messages and respond, would probably make it easier to implement it in the app too, or at least just a site where you could view it.

I’ve got an request – can’t you tease us with a picture of the Trophy activity; including compairing, viewing the game’s list etc.? ;-)

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 5:45 pm

sure – James is putting 2 more pictures on Twitter now.
    twitter.com/PlayStationEU

Will there be a Symbian version?

Deviil-Boy 16 December, 2010 @ 5:30 pm   98

Is the iPhone app is the same on Android OS ?

Any plans to be able to control the PS3 more with regards to blu ray and use it as a remote ?

quarkquest 16 December, 2010 @ 5:34 pm   100

Hey Emmanuel,

Just one feature, let us control our music on PS3 through the app, and you gonna get so much love from so many PS3 fans, seriously!!!

JoystickJedi 16 December, 2010 @ 5:34 pm   101

Amazing news!!

Thanks SCEE! Can’t wait to download this!

Chimpanzee 16 December, 2010 @ 5:35 pm   102

For those of you upset about the lack of support across different countries in Europe, the App Store in iTunes has a handy county switcher at the bottom of it! ;)

quarkquest 16 December, 2010 @ 5:36 pm   103

There are more than 30% posts related to implement remote functionality in the app. Sony you got to listen people voice!

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 5:46 pm

don’t worry, I can’t reply to everyone but I do read every single comment and listen to your great ideas ;)

Any plans for a US release?

Will there be a Symbian compatible version coming? (Seeing as Sony smartphones use it, except the most recent Xperia x10)

KeizerKuzco 16 December, 2010 @ 5:48 pm   106

Here’s my two cents on a feature I would like to see: ability to insert promo-codes to your psn-account. Could be great if you have just bought a psn-card and want to update your account immediately or if you saw a promo-code on Twitter for example, you could add it on the go :)

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 5:52 pm   107

check out twitter.com/PlayStationEU for 2 more screenshots of the app, My PSN and Trophy comparison.

st0rmbr1nger 16 December, 2010 @ 5:55 pm   108

good to see it’s coming to Android, it’s where the great phones are now (Iphone is old news).

Hopefully PSN messaging will be part of this eventually. Even if it’s a PS+ pemium feature.

niall077 16 December, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   109

any plans for a PSN trophy API for so that non sony websites can track a players trophy stats?

is pretty meh that a site like giantbomb can track steam, XBL, world of warcraft and starcraft achivments but cant track PSN stuff because sony doesnt allow it.

SL4YER78 16 December, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   110

Superb.

Have been using itrophies but its not allways working well.

As mentioned earlier, would be good if you can read your psn messages and be able to reply back as well.

Why not also create a PSP version of this app?

Dark_Blade786 16 December, 2010 @ 6:01 pm   112

been waitin for this!

earlyrock 16 December, 2010 @ 6:02 pm   113

This is great news! Well done, guys.

I’m also another one who would love to see a greater PSN presence online, so how about letting loose the PSN API to developers and sites? I don’t expect an answer, but perhaps let it be known to the powers that be? Would really expand the community

Again, great news on the App :D

cthulhu85 16 December, 2010 @ 6:03 pm   114

I really like this news :) It’s great to see more apps for Android that are useful.

But I also wonder why we can’t have the English version of the app. I’d much rather have it in English than Norwegian. Translation sucks.

“We won’t support Windows Phone 7.”

Sorry but that’s just a huge shame on Sony, a very brazen response to a potentially brilliant and growing mobile OS.

If it’s because Windows Phone 7 incorporate some Xbox Live features that’s just not on at all. Says it all when you’ll support iOS and not WP7…

Please make a symbian^3 version , thanks…

TreoRock 16 December, 2010 @ 6:06 pm   117

When will the HP Palm WebOS version coming out? It is an easy port from iOS to WebOS.

Been waiting for this for ages, currently using a different app for my iPhone. But for this to really stand out it needs exclusive features like psn messaging and download queuing. Not a bad start tho, please add the features we want =)

Looks good; very cool that you’re making this. What I’d like to see, though:

- Messaging
- Store access (so we can queue downloads to our PS3 which automatically start when we sign on — see the web marketplace on Xbox LIVE as an example)
- Some form of remote functionality. Remote play? Or simply a media Wi-Fi remote?

so 1.1 is out when? I’m thinking of Denmark especially…. and why not release it in all regions at the same time? seems like you still want to play the “Sony region conflict” game….. come on is it that hard to make all Sony regions do things at the same time and the same content?

Will it work with a Samsung I5700 on 1.5? A lot of android apps don’t seem to work with that phone. :(

antmarques 16 December, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   122

Best news in a long time! Great move stepping ahead of the competition… hope it doesn´t take long to get to Portugal!

wsquared 16 December, 2010 @ 6:17 pm   123

Awesome stuff. Do hope the Se X8 is compatible when it comes out.

Can you tweet recent trophies achieved and people you have added through the app?

Can you confirm Norway for version 1.1? Or even better, confirm all the countries in version 1.1.

And please test this App thouroghly on users with a full friendslist (100) and whit lots of trophies (2000 and upwards). I’ve tried a third party app and it took forever to load.

Looked at the two images posted on twitter and the app simply looks stunning. Great work guys.

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 6:22 pm

yes Norway like most other SCEE markets will be supported in version 1.1.
    Thanks for the great comments about the look and feel of the interface.

hutton1993 16 December, 2010 @ 6:18 pm   125

Looks great. Only problem, no Symbian support? I have the Sony Ericsson Vivaz which runs the Symbian OS. I would have thought you would have developed the app so that it would run on one of Sony’s most popular phones at the moment!

jakey820 16 December, 2010 @ 6:19 pm   126

great idea, if xbox can have it on wp7 why can’t psn lol. what i want to know is whether there are plans to allow integration between the android contacts (or IOS contacts dunno if that feature is available) and the psn ones?

Guillemots 16 December, 2010 @ 6:20 pm   127

This is GREAT. Thanks guys!
Please, next, an OS-X version of Media-Go would be very welcome :)

Looks sweet!! So jealous, EU always gets the cool stuff first. Let SCEA know that US fans will be keeping their eyes pealed for the US release.

quarkquest 16 December, 2010 @ 6:21 pm   129

@Emmanuel

Thanks for the reply…and I’m glad that you listen fans … and hope you will act too ;) … no, actually Sony has done a LOT, especially for in the last one year. Keep the good, and we will keep PS3 closer to our hearts :) Next year going to be damn exciting: LBP2, Masseffect 2, killzone 3, Motorstorm 3, Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, and list goes on and on… I’m also seeing Webkit on the way so (HTML5 apps)… awesome awesome awesome :)

madmax7625 16 December, 2010 @ 6:25 pm   130

Will there be a version for symbian3 phones like the nokia n8

Niceee! Will have to download on my iPhone 4!

Should be able to remotely download stuff from the PS Store, would be cool.

Symbian Support: Yes/No? :/

Would be annoying if I can’t use the app on my Vivaz :(

Thanks for the answer Emmanuel. Keep up the great work.

Youlikeyams 16 December, 2010 @ 6:29 pm   134

Not going to whine about getting any features before the thing’s even out – all I want to say is great job and thanks for developing it. :)

Could you please tell me if this app will be available in Czech republic? Thanks

Great news about the app, real shame I bought the Mini pro X10. Gutted.
If anybody would like to get me the new Google phone for Christmas I would be very pleased. :)

undeadwolfy 16 December, 2010 @ 6:37 pm   137

Awesome app guys. Hopefully you’ll add some sort of feature to download games/demos remotely to the PS3 using the app? Just a suggestion.

Great work.

Very job well done! Next job is to port this app over to PSP…

Will there at least be an API so that we WindowsPhone Users (6.5) can code our own app to at least watch trophies and friends-stats?

Thank you Emmanuel & James! Reweeted those Twitter links. Looks really hot. Have fun with the development; I know I will enjoy your brilliant work… :-D

tm2010swe 16 December, 2010 @ 6:56 pm   141

Hahaha… oh, wait, it’s not April Fools today!?!

Sony is making an app thats available only for a competitor’s phone… brill. Sony really is saying: “Go out and buy a new phone, but NOT a Sony Ericson…” The world really is a strange place. Well, everyone is making iPhone apps, so if Sony don’t they don’t exist? But it really is sad.

mossy144 16 December, 2010 @ 6:59 pm   142

how about make 1.1 x10 mini availble its a bloody sony ericson an cant get a sony app what joke but APPLE ipoo phone does.

This is brilliant news and i have always wondered why there isn’t one!

Also not your department but if you could pass it on….. why cant the PS3 properly support iphone/ipods when they are plugged i??

I know its Apply and all that and not a Sony brand but they are slightly popular and also not Micro$oft so it would be nice!

TheRealSpiny 16 December, 2010 @ 6:59 pm   144

Great! Please make sure it has app2sd support!

Looks good. Like everyone else, I’d like to echo the followingfuture developments:-
1. Messaging
2. Queuing of store purchases/downloads. If current infrastructure doesn’t allow this, perhaps it could he tied in to th PS+ Automatic Download / Push feature. Whatever we purchase/tag via the app is pushed/auto downloaded on our PS+ activated PS3
3. Remote scheduling of PlayTV recording. Again, maybe this can be tied in to the LiveChat feature a that relies on data from tvtv.com for the enhanced epg – as the links are already there, maybe that can be a starting point.

Mr_BurnZ 16 December, 2010 @ 7:06 pm   146

Please bring it to Maemo, for the N900.

annevandam 16 December, 2010 @ 7:06 pm   147

Please make an app for symbian devices too.

Looks nice – thanks for supporting Android!

Wilbossman 16 December, 2010 @ 7:10 pm   149

Sounds like a great start guys, though as many other people are saying – remote access to things like the PSN Store to queue/push downloads and PSN messaging etc would be the icing on the cake.

SeNiLe911 16 December, 2010 @ 7:12 pm   150

@Emmanuel Orssaud

I’m very surprised by your response, “We won’t support Windows Phone 7″.

You make it sound like Microsoft and Sony are enemies; thought Sony supports Microsoft Windows for Laptops and PC’s. There’s No difference!!

WP7 is a phone like android or iPhone with apps. Kind of stupid not to support it, now or in the future.

Look at Google, they support all phones when they have their own phone OS. Amazon and their Kindle on all OS’s. They would be out of business if they didn’t support all their customers on all fronts.

Not sure why you would support Apple products. They’re destroying the PSP with their iPhone and iPad gaming.

A better response would have been, “No, not at this time”, or something to that effect.

TalllPaul 16 December, 2010 @ 7:19 pm   151

Awesome, can’t wait to see how it will be with a few more updates from version 1

Dewisant 16 December, 2010 @ 7:20 pm   152

HOLD ON! Why isn’t this app on the frickin PS3! Or the PSP?

What the hell?

ZombieAssassin 16 December, 2010 @ 7:21 pm   153

It’s great that this is finally happening but I can’t help but feel a bit disappointed. It’s taken so long to come the lack of key features should have been implemented in this first edition. These features and more are on xbox equivalent. I’ll use my 3rd party one for now since I’ve been using that since forever and will keep a close eye on this. Messaging is the most important feature if you are interested in my opinion. It’s all about social media and interacting with your friends. Imagine facebook without the ability to pot on peoples Walls or share comments, that what this is like. Great I can see my mates online and compare trophies but I need to be able to tell them that and share comments about it.

This isn’t a hater post, just my personal opinion :-)

NOIRAM81 16 December, 2010 @ 7:21 pm   154

Awesome. Being able to message friends would be great! being able to buy things from the playstation store and have them automatically download would be insanely great! Also, an added remote function on my phone so i can control my ps3 while watching movies or browsing would make this the best app out there. would def pay for an app like that!

pitythefool852 16 December, 2010 @ 7:35 pm   155

Nice one

Will it do PSN text, voice and video chat/messaging.

It has been painfully missing from the PSP for a long time.

Just imagine, if it could do voice chat then people would stop asking for PS3 cross-game chat, as you could do it on the phone whilst playing on the PS3

Jerommeke 16 December, 2010 @ 7:36 pm   156

I love this, but for the first time I can imagine Belgium is not associated with the Netherlands :-(

I was starting to think you didn’t know that the Benelux is not a country :-)

MisterBronze 16 December, 2010 @ 7:37 pm   157

It would be great if you could queue up downloads from the app and switch on your PS3 while you are on the go.

This would be perfect so you could have all those large demos and PSN games already downloaded before you got home.

kaanmijo1995 16 December, 2010 @ 7:38 pm   158

Looks great. Are you planning an iPad app to? I will use the iPhone app on my iPad now, but an iPad app looks better ;-)

Great, now when is that trophy API for third party websites coming? You know, those PlayStation community websites everywhere that would finally like to see some sort of support?

Or is this PlayStation Blog SHARE not being looked at anymore?

Saber_IV 16 December, 2010 @ 7:41 pm   160

Playstation license on a Apple device? Explain yourself sir.

Oh the spaces @%&#… hateful not-working solution to make links wrap. Here’s a shorter link then: http://bit.ly/gAw9CD

makingdamage 16 December, 2010 @ 7:41 pm   162

Dont bother translate to swedish, it will probably turn out pretty bad anyway, like the translation of all the games. Just give us an english version and we´ll be set.

kaori714 16 December, 2010 @ 7:47 pm   163

Why not on PSP ?

Kung_Fu_Russ 16 December, 2010 @ 7:54 pm   164

I guess the rumour that the Playstation phone will be Android based just got a little more interesting.

CrazyRap 16 December, 2010 @ 8:05 pm   165

Android only?
What about Symbian^3 (Nokia N8) ?

irish-sid 16 December, 2010 @ 8:19 pm   166

@165 – He said no to that phone on the previous page.

Looking forward to this app coming to Ireland. The interface looks nice and slick. Good job!

anthonycr 16 December, 2010 @ 8:43 pm   167

Sounds awesome, but Australia won’t be getting it on launch?
And also, I agree, that an iPad version, especially with the XMB on it would be awesome :P

when will version 1.1 be out so all other eu countries can get it.

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 8:58 pm

We are already working on version 1.1, it will be very soon after version 1.0.

Salty500 16 December, 2010 @ 8:53 pm   169

Looks great but how about making available to nokia users on the ovi store ? am betting the N8 has more than enough processing power to deal with this app.

Erroneus 16 December, 2010 @ 8:53 pm   170

@kheal04 January

What telephones will support this app?

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 9:03 pm

iPhone devices with iOS 4 and most Android devices with Android 1.6 and above. Android handsets with smaller screens e.g X10 minis are not supported.

Dewisant 16 December, 2010 @ 9:00 pm   172

To quote Duran Duran – “WHHHHYYYYY……”

Why isn’t the blog on the PS3 XMB?

Hi, great app!

Will it support russian in version 1.1?

thanks Erroneus sounds really good..there is so much sony can do with this app..cant wait untill january.

Dewisant 16 December, 2010 @ 9:05 pm   175

What I want for christmas, Santa, or Emmanuel as you now want to be called – is for the PSBlog to be on the XMB when I boot up my PS3 or PSP…
I have been good this year sir….

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 9:11 pm

well I can’t promise anything here but if you look at my post from Monday you’ll see that we’ve just launched a new site on the PS3 and we are planning to integrate the Blog early next year.

PSN-OmniusALX 16 December, 2010 @ 9:08 pm   176

No support for other Sony Ericsson phones like the Satio (U1i)??

Dewisant 16 December, 2010 @ 9:08 pm   177

Just think about it, I have to turn on my computer, check this site, turn off my computer, boot up my PS3/PSP, then look for what you were talking about because it isn’t always on the “board”

dividsmythe 16 December, 2010 @ 9:09 pm   178

I hope its on mini pro seen as tho its part of sonys company

ShadowDoGGG 16 December, 2010 @ 9:09 pm   179

This is a good idea. However, could you just let PSN have its achievements cached by services such as raptr or giantbomb? I really want to have PSN up there but without all the tunnelling around.

You supposably did allow this at the start but now you don’t.

Woohoo, sounds awesome guys! Can you confirm OZ and NZ as well for v1.1?

WrestleBlog 16 December, 2010 @ 9:11 pm   181

Finally! Very much looking forward to this. What are the odds of remote play functionality in a future update? Even if it’s something simple like accessing the PlayStation Store? Glad it’s free but would have been a purchase from me for definate, I’d gladly pay for this. Thanks guys.

Dewisant 16 December, 2010 @ 9:15 pm   182

Thanks, Santa.

I did not see thy post from Monday, but now I have and all was well, tell me, how much is that prized turkey from the store?

God Bless us, everyone…..

Wow! Let me just say that this is really exiting! You’ll have to excuse me but ideas jump into my mind. I’ve seen someone already asked for controlling the PS3 with the app, which I guess it would be great for menus and the likes, that’s why I would really love to control Singstar with it! It feels like the most natural way of controlling it, like in a Karaoke Club!

Did I say how exited I’m about the idea and possibilities?

Blackstaffer 16 December, 2010 @ 9:15 pm   184

One question: North America?

mossy144 16 December, 2010 @ 9:17 pm   185

so there any plans support x10 mini in future seen th its sony product ide thought be able get itwith first update i mean go out way support ipod an ipad devices not support products from own branding.

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 9:26 pm

Sorry, we can’t support all screen resolutions as we would need to fully redesign the interface.

dbzgengsta 16 December, 2010 @ 9:30 pm   186

This is great! Cannot wait till this comes out, just a few questions…

1. Is it made so when i log in, im signed into PSN? And friends can see me?

2. Will the YouTube feature be implemented for trophies? I doubt it will but would be nice if released in future updates :)

Once again great news.

WIN. WIN. WIN. :D

mossy144 16 December, 2010 @ 9:33 pm   187

so i assume wont be redesigning for ipad then

great idea, but pathetic how you always support UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and The Netherlands before anyone else. #FAIL

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 9:41 pm

Sorry about that, we are just doing our best to get a first version out as soon as possible. I promise you that the full country/language roll out will follow shortly.

LAK3R50WN 16 December, 2010 @ 9:39 pm   189

Finally, I only suggested sony make an app like this over 2 years ago. Anyway, what gives where’s the US version? You’re telling me if I download this app and try to sign in with my US account that I will get rejected? Anyway like everyone else said please add messaging, ability to queue downloads/view ps store, and allow people to see that you are in the app.

mossy144 16 December, 2010 @ 9:39 pm   190

We are looking into an iPad version for later.

so you will support other brands despite there size but ppl hu remain loyal suffer price hower $$££$$££ were offerd for ipad /ipod versions to sell out loyal customers

PSN-OmniusALX 16 December, 2010 @ 9:43 pm   191

Shame that it looks as if Apple will be getting PS related software, I mean how backward is that, I bet Apple wouldn’t release iTunes for PS3…..You would think most of the latest Sony Ericsson phones for starters would get this app! I mean the Satio may have the S60 OS, but it does have a resonable resolution (640×360)

ireland is an english speaking country so why can it not be released with the uk version.does sony not see uk and ireland as the same market.

Will Poland get it in 1,1? I mean we’ve no official android or app store here and my X10 can’t wait:<;P

notorioustek 16 December, 2010 @ 10:15 pm   194

How is anyone excited about this app?

Can we please get something useful? I want to control my ps3 from my phone! I should be able to, at the very least, change songs. But a really cool app (that I would even pay for) would let me use my phones keyboard and touch screen for web browsing… what? that’s crazy innovation; this thing is just spamware.

And while I’m griping when will we get a netstorage or cloud app? The PS3 is starting to feel like a glorified iPhone, eeeew, games and netflix, can’t even watch hulu. For shame Sony! hyping this garbage… I should of stuck with my commador 64.

Now you call it “localised”. Does it mean this App will be working all over Eourope and 1.1 update will just add different languages avalible?

Emmanuel Orssaud 16 December, 2010 @ 10:30 pm

Just to clarify, the app will be available in your language in v 1.1 with content localised for Polish users.

Hopely you deside to suport symbia 3. And Ps3 gets message suport. I sended this message whit my N8 and this works awesome whit ps3 =D

Wild_Guns 16 December, 2010 @ 10:36 pm   197

It was a good news until I read it doesn’t work on Xperia 10 mini.. And due to the resolution..

Robin_London 16 December, 2010 @ 10:37 pm   198

Well Done Sony – another great piece of kit for us.

any chance of getting this app for windows phone 7, would be great to have a live tile updating with your psn level. Or will that never happen due to xbox live on windows phone?

Finally the app I’ve been waiting for my iPhone since the first model came out – thank you – I hope it’s before Xmas as a nice little extra present

I’m thankfully covered with my Desire, but if the app is a success, you still might want to consider adding support for the X10 Mini. It was after all Sony Ericsson’s biggest hit in a good while, getting awards and great reviews, selling to a previously unserved market of people who wanted a cheap and compact smartphone. There ought to be a lot of them out there, and I don’t think lowres phones like that are going away any time soon.

Looks awesome! Great job on bringing it to Android as well, iPhones fail!

Cringles88 16 December, 2010 @ 11:51 pm   203

Hey Emmanuel. I had an idea! Would it be possible to take a picture on my Android phone, attach it to a message, and send it to a friend on my PSN? I haven’t read the previous 4 pages, so sorry if its a repeated question.

Will the app be coming to Australia?

xxPIETROxx 17 December, 2010 @ 12:09 am   205

This is fantastic new! Cant wait to get it for my iPhone. I actaully LOL’d when i read your not supporting Windows Phone 7! **** Microsoft!! :)

Djryuzaki 17 December, 2010 @ 12:17 am   206

To people asking for this app on PSP… We have something better already. It’s called Remote Play, and can do everything this app can do, and more.

DarkStyler 17 December, 2010 @ 12:18 am   207

Hello mate, i know everyone asks this question, but anyways….I suppose that the version 1.1 will release in Greece, right ? Generally, i am really happy with this new extra to the PlayStation experience and keep up the good work.

Djryuzaki 17 December, 2010 @ 12:18 am   208

Also would like to say PSN really needs to open up its trophy data to sites like raptr and Giant Bomb. Sony is really missing out on that stuff.

JehutyFrame 17 December, 2010 @ 12:24 am   209

Great news, for us Dutchies!

Can’t wait to try this baby out on my iPhone 4 ;p

TheKinggKoopa 17 December, 2010 @ 12:33 am   210

When will we see this beauty in the states??

RollerSMB 17 December, 2010 @ 12:38 am   211

Good start, but you are missing an operating system there guys:

Just a quick update, from the gartner smartphone sales (worldwide!) for 3Q 2010:

Symbian 29,480.1 36.6
Android 20,500.0 25.5
iOS 13.484.4 16.7

See that one up the top? Symbian? The one that sells the most? And those numbers include the US sales for Android/iPhone, where symbian is non existant.. If you look at just the Euro region, these favour Symbian even more..

Why launch an app catering to number 2 and 3, without including number 1? An honest answer would be nice, not just a nonsensical ‘we won’t support it’.

dawogfather 17 December, 2010 @ 1:01 am   212

be cool if you :

1) can open up the system with an api or simple webservice to allow developers to access this information too?
2) allow users to plan and schedule recordings for their connected PLAYTV devices!
3) allow users to chat using voice or even video for those with ps eye
4) access the ps store and browse or queue their downloads so their ready when they get home from work!

that would be awesome. need any help let me know.

cheers

FatTrousers 17 December, 2010 @ 1:37 am   213

I’ll be more interested when you open up an Android “gaming platform” so we can collect trophies on our mobiles through existing PSN accounts. This is a great step forward, I’ll definitely download this as a replacement for the current “Online Status/ Trophies” app I already use. Oh, if one of the future “features” is cross-platform messaging (Android – PS3, PS3 – Android) then I’ll be extremely happy.

made-in-u-k 17 December, 2010 @ 1:40 am   214

Nice App.. it looks real slick too.

time for iTrophies to retire i’d say.

my only question is why firmware 4.x.x? many iPhone 3G users are still using fw 3.x.x because their phones can not cope when on 4.0 and above.

please release on iOS 3.1.2 to be fair to 3G users.

Jesse-Blue 17 December, 2010 @ 1:53 am   215

Please consider doing it also for Bada (Samsung)!
Thanks.

kaplag08 17 December, 2010 @ 1:56 am   216

This is Awesome. Great idea sony, this should make it easier to start online games with friends. Will it send push notifications if a friend messages me?

I won’t have to use the playstation interface to message ever again! (because it sucks) : ]

very cool, it’s such a shame there are apps out there that charge money for such features, hopefully this app which is provided for FREE should be very good :) i am really thinking of getting the sony ericsson X10 very soon anyways.

GIDDY THE F UP!
i use myPSN at the moment and Daniel Leviers has done a great job with it. but, this is just awesome!!!
and for those of us that are not in the group 1 launch list, it will be cracked for jb iphones ;) even if it is free. yes it will work in any country as long as you can sign in to the eu psn site.

having an all in 1 psn app is so perfect

@211 RollerSMB
symbian is a junk platform for old people, children, 3rd world countries and people who are not interested in real technology (or just can’t afford it).
just because the sales are there doesnt mean the app would get used. as with all companies…. cater to the majority!

@213 made-in-u-k
you could try a fw faker? not sure if one exists to fake up to 4.x though. otherwise edit the apps .plst. cant see why it wouldnt work. i dont think an app like this would really be fw dependent by choice.

MazzingerZ 17 December, 2010 @ 6:24 am   220

The only that would make me get one of those phones is a PSP Phone otherwise happy with my Nokia Xpress music, I only care about music and REAL games, it would be nice to have a phone that do both. Hope to see that phone out soon so I can run this app

theubertechie 17 December, 2010 @ 6:41 am   221

Nice! this is awesome! though I would have loved it if Sony actually just made this exclusive to Sony Ericsson. So that SE may have an upper hand on this. anyway, nice information :)

DevilHunterX 17 December, 2010 @ 6:43 am   222

Any plan to support the BADA OS?

If it’s possible to view the PSN Store and select programs and videos to download and have the PS3 turn on and start downloading, that would be awesome!

hollandnigel 17 December, 2010 @ 7:02 am   224

Adding Remote Play to the App would be awesome!!!

Phytemit 17 December, 2010 @ 7:03 am   225

No Windows Phone 7 support?

Oh come on! If you don’t want just give me your blessing and I’ll do that for you.

To bad no blackberry support..

Great job Sony! I will get it for my iPhone, tough can’t wait to see the PSP Phone :)

Xenostar 17 December, 2010 @ 9:39 am   228

access to the new lbp.me site would be good so we can view and queue levels from inside this app.

Kanyeeezy 17 December, 2010 @ 9:59 am   229

im loving the look and feel of the interface, it will look even better on my SONY x10 ! woop woop ! I found it funny in the comments about the NO it wont support WINDOWS 7, lol. Such a fanboysih thing to think of me, but PS3 rules, what can i say, it only does everything =)

SilentShadow777 17 December, 2010 @ 10:14 am   230

very unimpressed with this not being available on blackberry, i realise it is a metter of perferance and opinion but i much prefer the blackberry as a smartphone.

@88, I wonder the same. I would like to see a Symbian release, or a QT release.

mcwildcard 17 December, 2010 @ 10:52 am   232

I concur with #228 that’d be a great addition.

I would also like to have this app for my Nokia N8.

Please Sony, I promise to never buy an Xbox, it is nearly Christmas and I have been a good boy all year. :)

InjusticeJoker 17 December, 2010 @ 11:36 am   234

Is there the possibility to choose wether I want it in english or my “mother tongue”?

“Posted on 16 December, 2010 at 7:08 pm by Vitkir #148
Looks nice – thanks for supporting Android!

And I would like to add my voice to the ones saying I don’t need, nor want, translation. It’s just an unnecessary step, and too often done poorly (some of the translated trophies are just embarrassing), so I really hope we can simply select English if we want to.”

I completely agree with you. I do not need localized poorly translated stuff. Seeing the PSStore with Babelfish is bad enough.

Emmanuel,

Could you tell me if I can CHOOSE for myself which language I want the app to work in?

Its time to get iPhone or Android based phone :-)

People are asking too much from Sony….Like video chat remote play turning Ps3 on O.o I think the only feutures this app will ever have is Ps3 blog, trophys, chat(text), messages. But I dont think they will not add video chat, remote play(since Psp has it and some new Sony Erikson phones) Just hope that they will make Symbia 3 suport :P

Mailenstein 17 December, 2010 @ 12:44 pm   238

A japanese language option would be pretty cool. Any plans for that? Other than that, very slick design! Nice work, guys!

Noisepurge 17 December, 2010 @ 1:14 pm   239

sounds good, android version will be downloaded if it’s available in Finland.

PsychoboyUK 17 December, 2010 @ 1:18 pm   240

Very nice guys I’am looking forward to this App would Like to see friend messaging and an I’am Using Playstation App :)

Just a suggestion :)

Good job :)

PsychoboyUK

I´m not going to buy an iphone or an Android based mobile, What about a Symbian APP for the Nokia 5800XM ???? thank you very much!!!

Chrispynutt 17 December, 2010 @ 2:23 pm   242

Some ideas for the future versions.

Android: Contact syncing. Much like the Official Twitter App you could check out your PSN contacts via the normal contact screen.

Both: Barcode scanning, look up the posts and info on games from the barcode on your PS3/PSP games.

Moon on a stick: Android App for PS3, plug it in to charge and see info about your phone like text messages and battery charge level.

herculese1 17 December, 2010 @ 3:41 pm   243

How about video chat from iphone/anroid over PSN to PS3? That would be an amazing feature. any chance that can happen in the future?

gillyallan 17 December, 2010 @ 4:17 pm   244

Very nice. Have been using the excellent PS3itrophies up til now. Guess thats where you’ve got the idea from. Wondering is its with Apple yet for certification or still to go through that process ??

P-Stringer08 17 December, 2010 @ 4:43 pm   245

Woop!Finally – I have been waiting for this for a long time. Even ended up purchasing one of the unofficial ones on the App store. Looking forward to see what new feature get added – hopefully a messaging system….

PingPong911 17 December, 2010 @ 5:00 pm   246

I knew there would be an iPhone app of PlayStation

PingPong911 17 December, 2010 @ 5:03 pm   247

Is it free?

ssxorigins 17 December, 2010 @ 5:19 pm   248

Brilliant
I have always wanted to access my Account on a portable Device

No Nokias, Blackberrys, X10 Minis, or Wildfires? That’s got to be at least half of your potential userbase that you’ve left out in the cold!

If your dev doesn’t think the app can fit on a smaller resolution phone, then you need to fire that developer and get someone who can do the job properly. Hopefully a dev with Symbian experience.

made-in-u-k 17 December, 2010 @ 6:39 pm   250

@ 219 sumpunk, i have no problem as i am on 4.2.1 jailbreak myself. but some people do not have the knowledge to get a cracked app running on their phones. i think it sucks that people are creating apps dependant on 4.x.x when the app does not even use 4.x.x features, do they even know how many people are missing out on them apps? hmmm

oh yeah, and btw i don’t think there is a iOS 4.0 faker in Cydia, there was one for about a day but it didn’t work because modmyi wouldn’t sign it.

whoismilan 17 December, 2010 @ 10:18 pm   251

Question:

I normally wouldn’t think this is something that needs to be asked, but some of your earlier comments, combined with this normal SCEE tactic of leaving some countries out in the cold, combined with SCEE’s incompetence in many areas lately, made me worried…

Will I still be to use the app in English, or will I be forced to use some localized language?

If it’s the latter, then I hope you realize that Finland has two official languages, Finnish and Swedish. I hate it when I’m forced to use a service in Finnish, which is my third language, just because I live in Finland. Preferably, I’d like to be able to use this app in English, and I’m almost guaranteed to not use it at all if I have to use it in Finnish.

senocular 17 December, 2010 @ 11:51 pm   252

API

Friggen awesome. Well done SCEE. Cannot wait to get this on my Nexus One (hopefully it comes to Australia quick smart)

bhuvangoyal 18 December, 2010 @ 9:05 am   254

this is a really great news! but does this really mean that we can forward too the psp phone? i know that this question should not be asked to u but to sony ericsson team but if u can answer it please reply to my comment also pls tell me and others that how much more time we have too wait for psp phone! pls pls pls reply to this

TheOrion 18 December, 2010 @ 9:36 am   255

This would be good news until you notice that there is no support for Symbian OS, which means my Nokia wont be able to use it. :(

Wait, why are your competitors getting this before PSP?!?!?!

Ivan_Krazy 18 December, 2010 @ 10:48 am   257

My Nexus One is really hungry for this app!
Hopefully it will come to Australia pretty quick :)
Android FTW!

Szymek_PL 18 December, 2010 @ 11:45 am   258

Hi :)
What with system BADA???

Cool, But will it come out for BlackBerry anytime soon?

This sounds very cool.. I welcome the day where it’s available in the danish android market!

wiooooooooooooooo

nice sony

rossthebassist 18 December, 2010 @ 5:49 pm   262

im intrested to know why iphones etc etc get this, yet quite a few of these features would have been nice on my PSPgo…. shame really.

Selcuk-93 18 December, 2010 @ 8:03 pm   263

This looks great, the UI for IOS and the things you’s are working on.. WOW!
Been waiting for an official PSN app for ages, hope to hear more and looking forward to the updates.
Thank you and well done!

d4denzell 18 December, 2010 @ 8:15 pm   264

Add Play TV’s “Remote Play” media functionality to the Android app and you will be on to a winner. Until then, I don’t see much value in using this initial offering…

A great idea for an APP on mobile phones, good job guys & I hope it gets supported all the way.

Suggestions:
1- Please make a Nokia version i.e. symbian s60v5 & Symbian^3
2- I hope later versions will support viewing and chatting with online friends, also view their profiles & what game they are playing

dragon_unleashed 19 December, 2010 @ 12:45 pm   266

Thank you Sony, finally something in the Netherlands before other countries…. We really started to feel neglacted.

I really hope you will keep supporting the Netherlands more often..

Thanx Sony I will be really enjoying this on my Samsung Galaxy S

BlackZam 20 December, 2010 @ 6:46 pm   267

I hope it will sync your friends trophies a little faster then it does today on the ps3.

And I hope we get a symbian version someday.

Rasmusmm 22 December, 2010 @ 5:57 pm   268

Yes!!! I can’t wait to.. Wait what?.. Not in Denmark….? -.-’

Fordhandsfree 23 December, 2010 @ 1:16 am   269

Fair bit of demand for Symbian now, hopefully Sony will take notice of this :)

nukester 24 December, 2010 @ 4:06 pm   270

any news on the release date for this app

Thesnipergecko 24 December, 2010 @ 11:46 pm   271

I thought we were getting this before Christmas?

I cant wait for this but i wonder if u can chat?

Any idea when it’s here SCEE?

Any idea when and if the US will be getting the app treatment? Will this work on US accounts? Please and thank you for any info! :P

InjusticeJoker 26 December, 2010 @ 4:47 pm   275

… Holidays and no one is caring anymore… Very soon means more than 10 days??

Thesnipergecko 26 December, 2010 @ 10:44 pm   276

@275 They did say we would be getting it before Christmas!

InjusticeJoker 27 December, 2010 @ 12:11 am   277

^^Yep christmas 2011? ;)

ladyofshalott99 27 December, 2010 @ 7:28 pm   278

Will this app allow us to use our Droid phones (Droid X for example) to use as the BD Remote Control? I know there is an app out in the Android App Store for use with Sony Blu-Ray devices, but I can’t get it to work with my PS3 as a remote. Really hoping this new app will allow me to use my DX as a keyboard, for example.

Thanks!

dragon_unleashed 28 December, 2010 @ 10:22 am   279

Yosony…christmas is over and I still didn’t get my present.. I want the app, please give us a heads-up

Ellister01 29 December, 2010 @ 10:53 am   280

Can you add friends via the app?

if so that would be great :)

Oz-Metalhead 29 December, 2010 @ 12:39 pm   281

Awesome.
I have been using a 3rd party app for this but seeing how this is free and with the promise of more features i will definitely be using this instead.
Like everyone else i would love to see messaging in the app, a handy way to set up gaming times with your friends when your on the go. I also like to keep track of some of my friends trophy progression as well when i am away for work.

I just hope that the app is not slower than a snail to load, especially when comparing trophies. It takes 5 to 10 minutes for my comparison list to show on my PS3, sometimes longer.

Keep up the good work and I’ll be looking forward to your promised future updates.

lisa_2k6 29 December, 2010 @ 1:17 pm   282

TV apps, Movie apps and now mobile phone apps, when are you going to get around to updating the PS3 web browser? PS3 is supposed to be a next gen system, but the web browser is realy old, being able to run firefox on the PS3 would be good.

Waiting for the day when we can browse the store download stuff direct to the ps3 and chat/message functions, facebook has chat functions even when your not on the facebook app. Still excited about it though. Any news about the release date even though it’s been put back at least once already.

Dutch_Dog 31 December, 2010 @ 2:32 am   284

‘the app would be released before christmas,-…

..just ‘another’ Sony promiss…

elephant_stone 31 December, 2010 @ 11:32 am   285

Come on! Where is this app?! Ive been checking the App Store each day since this post went live! Please can we have an update?!

Spectral_Knight_ 31 December, 2010 @ 6:07 pm   286

Well, sounds like a good idea, will it be released on this gen, or is it going to be the ps4 ?

boydo-66 1 January, 2011 @ 11:23 am   287

is it out yet???

IDgilly 1 January, 2011 @ 4:31 pm   288

A heads up would be nice as to wheb this app hits. I cant find it on the store. I csnt wait to try it. Thankyou.

west1980 2 January, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   289

so it didn’t make it for christmas then? I sense delays!
be lucky if comes this january.

killzonexx 2 January, 2011 @ 3:59 pm   290

@ west1980 you ever see something here comes right on time?? nevah!

WhySoSeriousHL 2 January, 2011 @ 4:03 pm   291

I’m just going to say this here even though you are so useless as to think we won’t keep commenting on it.

Please give us an update. You thought it would be out Christmas, yet another lie. You are one of the WORST companies at promises. They mean nothing coming from you. Absolutely nothing, I don’t believe anyone trust you when they hear them.

So, just let us know where it is at please!

InjusticeJoker 2 January, 2011 @ 4:26 pm   292

Ah not surprising why Sony keeps on getting less and less important to the consumers…

IDgilly 2 January, 2011 @ 4:55 pm   293

Its not that big a deal. There probs just on holiday. Tis the season………..

InjusticeJoker 2 January, 2011 @ 7:11 pm   294

Yep right that could have surprised them…

jonolemes 4 January, 2011 @ 3:15 pm   295

Looks awesome, Havent gotten around to getting a psp yet so this will let me stay in touch with psn while I’m away.
PS any date on when australia will get it, or at least if it will be in the v1.1 release

VictorAnalogy 4 January, 2011 @ 4:26 pm   296

It would be good to know when v1.0 is coming out now that the holidays are over… C’mon Sony. Chop chop.

Pukkert_NL 6 January, 2011 @ 1:07 pm   297

Why the sudden radio silence around the app? It should have been in the app store before Christmas, it still isn’t here. No problem off course, it’s not the end of the world. But at least communicate…

Looking for a new communications specialist? I will do the job ;)

ReddHead 7 January, 2011 @ 2:22 pm   298

And here the World continues to wait for Sony to actually deliver what they promise. An app like this should have been out a long time ago.

Promises, promises.

durhamben 7 January, 2011 @ 3:34 pm   299

Great news! Can’t wait to get this for my Android phone in the US.

But I have to agree with a few other commenters, it would be ideal if this app could function as a remote control via bluetooth for watching movies on my PS3.

I use the official Sony PS3 Blu-Ray Remote and it is by far the most annoying thing about watching movies on the PS3. With no backlighting in a room darkened for movie-watching, it’s nearly impossible to read the button labels. And the buttons themselves are too small and uniformly shaped and spaced to reliably find the button you want by touch alone.

If Sony could put even the most basic movie-playback remote controls into this mobile app (Play, Stop, ChapterForward, etc) I would be incredibly grateful!

Come to think of it, you could release a standalone remote control app and I’d be equally grateful. :)

lpoollad 7 January, 2011 @ 11:28 pm   300

I guess they was talking about Christmas this year.
So only 11 months to wait now.

Blackbird77 8 January, 2011 @ 10:36 am   301

Durhamben that app has existed for years it’s called pocket blu!

Blackbird77

dragon_unleashed 8 January, 2011 @ 12:18 pm   302

yeah pocket blu v2.2 available for android.. check a video review here http://www.androidcentral.com/android-quick-app-pocket-blu-video

Oh Sony come on already with the PlayStation app, mates! I’m starting to think ya’ll really ment Christmas 2011 !

THESTIG126 10 January, 2011 @ 9:07 pm   303

Looks Cool! Can’t wait to get it for my X10 Mini! :D

VitalogyPJ 10 January, 2011 @ 10:28 pm   304

Does anyone knows if this was released already? Can’t find anything on Apple Store :\

ChilliDemon 11 January, 2011 @ 11:12 am   305

I would imagine that we will see an official post in here as it goes live. It would be nice to get some occasional official update on progress too.

VictorAnalogy 11 January, 2011 @ 1:11 pm   306

Some say that he has not read all the comments in this post, and that he will be very disappointed to learn that the PS App is not available on the X10 mini. All we know is…he’s called The Stig126.

Also, yeah, an update would be nice.

waypoetic 11 January, 2011 @ 2:15 pm   307

Yup, i can’t find it. Two guys on GAF claims that they’ve downloaded it but i can’t find the app on my iPhone. Try to type in “playstation” and see where that takes ya… Ugh.

R_Navarro 11 January, 2011 @ 2:35 pm   308

Why are all the best apps on iPhone & Android Any chance for windows mobile support?

Very good news but….when this will be available also on windows phone 7? Please try to release it on that platform too.

BTW, the app it’s now officially available on the app store, it’s named “Playstation Official App”

ChilliDemon 11 January, 2011 @ 2:44 pm   310

Can confirm that it is now available within the Android Market too, under the same title as the iPhone App Store (above).

Good news, although I was hoping for an integration with Apple Game Center.

As other people wrote before, I too hope that I can run the app in english and not some stupid swedish translation, even if I’m a swede. Please don’t force us to use a specific language!

EMPTY6PACK 11 January, 2011 @ 5:29 pm   312

No X10 Mini / Pro support…

How embarrasing and dissapointing!

Sony never fails to fail…

mickleydon 11 January, 2011 @ 8:30 pm   313

when will this be released foe ireland?

CCFC2510 12 January, 2011 @ 12:08 am   314

Is there any chance that there are plans to make it avalible to Xperia X10 Mini/Mini Pro owners in the future?

jcsackboy 12 January, 2011 @ 3:16 am   315

Will there be a version for the US? I was really hoping there would be.

VinSWADED 12 January, 2011 @ 11:52 am   316

Release it on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro, I installed it and it works fine(everything fits on the screen etc.). Only thing is landscape mode isn’t supported also the (hardware)keyboard doesn’t work like it should other than that great app!!!

Dissi_uk 14 January, 2011 @ 9:18 am   317

Great looking app. Just wanna echo the calls of others and ask for the ability to message your friends in the next update.

NiiAryee 14 January, 2011 @ 10:30 am   318

awwww this is soooooo great…. hope very soon this app can be used for all phone…. :-)
well, so when is the SKYPE going to be available for the PS3 system?

karlosbeaver7 14 January, 2011 @ 12:38 pm   319

the app sounds great, but im on contract with a w995 atm, so i wont be getting this anytime soon, unless you make it for regular se phones

MHx_1-VuVuzeLa-1 14 January, 2011 @ 1:25 pm   320

Howsitt, may I ask why is it not available to Blackberrys, such as the Bold 9700, which tbh is an android phone? I mean Blackberry has an App store and xbox live is on the BB app store, seriously if you guys want to be ahead of the competition such as Xbox, then atleast try to please your customers by offering better services than your rivals do.

You also have to think, now-a-days, the majority of people around the world who have the latest mobile phones are Iphones and Blackberrys, so take that into account.

ChameleonVector 14 January, 2011 @ 1:50 pm   321

For the people moaning about it not being supported on Windows Phone 7, maybe it’s a conflict with MS, and simpley MS doesn’t want to allow the app. Think about things before moaning.

My question for the blog is about Blackberrys. I’m guessing they’re not supported because of the resolution and what not, but what about the Blackberry Torch? Will the app be available to Torch owners in the future?

baulch82 14 January, 2011 @ 1:53 pm   322

what about the Blackberry Torch?

delboyo87 14 January, 2011 @ 6:49 pm   323

How can you bring this app out for iphones and crappy android phones and not blackberrys? this is a mega disappointment for me as i am a loyal blackberry user and would not change my phone for anything. is making this app for blackberrys something playstation is considering?

KyleEgan 15 January, 2011 @ 12:36 am   324

Very impressed by this Mr Sony rep dude but then you shoot me down and tell me it isn’t availiable on X10 Mini.

Sony just seem to be weeing on my chips recently…. bad times, bad times…

Kyle!

KingJBlaze 15 January, 2011 @ 1:01 am   325

Seems like a fairly decent app. Nice one