Posted 17 January

‘Heads-Up’ Game Store Update – SCEE January Sale 2011

Banner-E_jan_sale_2010_EN

This January, you could spend your time in bustling to the shops, queuing out the door in the torrential wind and rain to get that elusive bargain. But why not stay at home, put your feet up and take a look at the fantabulous price reductions we’ve got for you on the PlayStation Store?

These price reductions will start from the 19th January during the regular update and run until the 2nd February, so get them while they’re hot!

Once again, hopefully we have plenty to offer you on PS3 and PSP from some of the greatest publishers in the business.

2K Games have bundled together two packages of all the DLC content from two of their big hits – Mafia II and BioShock 2 – if you’ve been holding off on purchasing the DLC and waiting for a bundle, these are for you.

Rockstar are at it too, bringing us a discounted bundle of both their critically acclaimed Episodes from Liberty City, The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. On PSP, we have two for the price of one on Midnight Club and a massive reduction on GTA Chinatown Wars.

Konami have graciously taken the very best titles they have to offer on PSN and slashed them in half – 50% off four brilliant PS3 titles, Vandal Hearts, Rocket Knight, GTI Club+ and Zombie Apocalypse – but the star of the show here has got to be the long awaited discount on Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. So grab three friends, four cardboard boxes and a whole mess of ammo, but don’t be surprised when you find the game stealing your life away – Outer Heaven wasn’t built in a day.

Capcom have brought us some top notch PS3 deals to complement their tremendous PSP Plus offering this month – all the Dead Rising 2 skill packs in one bundle, discounts on Bionic Commando Rearmed and Final Fight: Double Impact, but if the retro gamer in you is itching for action you better pick yourself up the Mega Man complete bundles – Mega Man 9 and Mega Man 10 complete with all their DLC at knocked down prices.

THQ bring out the big guns too with reductions on their two sports entertainment franchises on PSP, Smackdown vs. Raw and UFC Undisputed, along with another big reduction on Red Faction: Guerrilla – if that’s not enough reason to get to Mars and start blowing things up then I’m afraid I’m very disappointed in you.

There’s also some other great deals, like the Warhawk Complete bundle, a third-off Assassin’s Creed and loads of discounted PSP titles from Rising Star Games, including the inspired Half-Minute Hero and the brilliant Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley.

So yes, a smaller affair than Christmas but there are a few real gems on offer to round off January. No minis this time though, eh? I wonder why that is…

See you Wednesday!

PlayStation Store (via PS3, PSP and Media Go)

January Sale Offers (available on PS3 and PSP where applicable)

(Offer prices available until the 2nd February)

• Warhawk Complete Bundle (£15.99/€19.99)
  • Crash Commando (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)
  • TV Show King (was – £3.99/€4.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
  • Split/Second - High Octane Supercar Pack (was – £1.59/€1.99 now – £0.79/€0.99)
  • Topatoi Episode 2: Pillar of the Skies (was – £4.79/€5.99 now – £2.39/€2.99)
  • Assassin’s Creed (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Hannah Montana: Rock out the Show (PSP) (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Hannah Montana – Fashions Add-on (PSP) (was – £1.19/€1.49 now – £0.59/€0.75)
  • Hannah Montana – Moment Maker Add-on (PSP) (was – £0.79/€0.99 now – £0.40/€0.49)
  • Half-Minute Hero (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Harvest Moon: Innocent Life (PSP) (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley (PSP) (was – £19.99/€24.99 now – £10.99/€13.99)
  • Valhalla Knights (PSP) (was – £9.99/€12.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Valhalla Knights 2 (PSP) (was – £11.99/€14.99 now – £7.99/€9.99)
  • Valhalla Knights 2: Battle Stance (PSP) (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • Peter Pan: Adventures in Neverland (PSone) (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.59/€1.99)
  • A Bug’s Life (PSone) (was – £3.19/€3.99 now – £1.59/€1.99)

January Sale Offers from 2K Games

• Mafia II Complete DLC Bundle (£19.99/€24.99)
  • BioShock 2 Complete DLC Bundle (£11.99/€14.99)

January Sale Offers from Capcom

• Bionic Commando: Rearmed (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £6.29/€7.99)
  • Final Fight: Double Impact (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Mega Man 9 Complete Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)
  • Mega Man 10 Complete Bundle (£7.99/€9.99)
  • Dead Rising 2 Skills Pack Bundle (£3.19/€3.99)

January Sale Offers from Konami

• GTI Club+ (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Rocket Knight (was – £7.99/€12.99 now – £3.99/€6.49)
  • Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement (was – £7.99/€12.99 now – £3.99/€6.49)
  • Zombie Apocalypse (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (PSP) (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel (PSP) (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £3.19/€3.99)

January Sale Offers from Rockstar Games

• GTA IV: The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony Bundle (£15.99/€19.99)
  • Midnight Club Bundle: LA Remix & Dub Edition (PSP) (£15.99/€19.99)
  • GTA: Chinatown Wars (PSP) (was – £27.99/€34.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)

January Sale Offers from THQ

• Red Faction: Guerrilla (was – £15.99/€19.99 now – £11.99/€14.99)
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011: Fan Axxess Pack (was – £6.29/€7.99 now – £4.79/€5.99)
  • WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2011 (PSP) (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • UFC Undisputed 2010 (PSP) (was – £31.99/€39.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)
  • Spongebob Squarepants: Truth or Square (PSP) (was – £23.99/€29.99 now – £15.99/€19.99)

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

106 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

nothing for me. well hell psn had nothing 2 begin with.

ChrisandJulie 17 January, 2011 @ 6:05 pm   2

Pretty rubbish for PSP owners really. USA got all of the PSP little Big Planet add-ons permanently reduced, yet we get NOTHING.

No surprises there.

GTI Club+ (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99) :o Might as well

alc_the_talc 17 January, 2011 @ 6:06 pm   4

Might pick up UFC 2010

Hopefully some of these deals will make it across the pond to us.

Lots of stuff, but sadly nowhere near as good as December’s offers and nothing for me this time. Thanks though! :)

PSN UK = EPIC FAIL.

A very good sale indeed :D Will get some money in my wallet ready for this! Even if i do have most of the stuff i want i already!!

Huono_peleis 17 January, 2011 @ 6:08 pm   9

PSP, PSP, PSP all PSP. The same with the plus offers nowadays.

Nothing for me thankyou… :(

AllytheBruce 17 January, 2011 @ 6:14 pm   10

sweet! I’ve been waiting for Vandal Hearts to come up, SOLD!

Opt1mus76 17 January, 2011 @ 6:14 pm   11

Not bad but only Rocket Knight for me

Skookie30 17 January, 2011 @ 6:17 pm   12

not Many for me this time around a few yes there be a 3rd round of sales isn’t that right Ross you said that end of january sales.

5/10

What a load of crap. Sorry Ross I know you do not make these prices but these sales are terrible.

Aside from the list of game/DLC being for mosty poor titles a lot of them have already had sales, some multiple times. So if anyone wanted them they likely own them already.

The pricing of some sales is also pretty poor since you can buy at retail the game or even game+content for less than the sale price here. GTA, Metal Gear Solid and Assasins Creed being examples but there are others.

Alf13W4llac3 17 January, 2011 @ 6:18 pm   14

I don’t think I’ll get anything this time around. The other sale was epic though.

Carnivius_Prime 17 January, 2011 @ 6:18 pm   15

Hm, not bad though I’ve already got most of the ones I would get like Final Fight (I still play that often, classic game)

I might get Rocket Knight. Demo was alright but didn’t feel worth the price it was then so half it does seem much more appealing. Though with £40 disappearing on LBP2 this week, do I even need more games to spend money on?

Will PS Plus users be getting any exclusive sales?

umbrellabio 17 January, 2011 @ 6:19 pm   17

Great stuff! My psp go is gonna love me!

chrisandjulie, this is a sale, permanent reductions would be part of the store update. Not much for me this time, just aswell with all the games due out.
Was that a hint at a minis sale next month?

I expected a bit more but there might be some dlc I am interested in. I will check the list out a phew times and decide thanks for your effort Ross.

interstella5555 17 January, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   20

Are we gonna get the price deduction for the blazblue CS DLC characters like the states got last week?

ShogunDarius 17 January, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   21

nothing of any interest to me, but that mafia sale is downright insulting, steam had the full game and all dlc for 15 we get all dlc no full game for £20, guess sony wanna make sure they get there ,money, they wont get it from me thats for sure

Nice sale, I think I’ll grab the Bioshock 2 DLC :)

Ross, any update on when the Shatter issue will be fixed?

Is Modern Combat Domination coming this Wednesday? And will Mass Effect 2 be available as a download from PSN (like it is in the US)?

WHAT ABOUT MAGIC THE GATHERING TO THE OTHER CONTRIES INSTEAD OF AMERICA & UK, OTHER CONTRIES WANTS THIS GAME WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

TwistedALiEN 17 January, 2011 @ 6:27 pm   25

not a bad sale but what about the 6 ps1 games?

Martingutten 17 January, 2011 @ 6:29 pm   26

PSN is a joke compared to Steam…

knowles1981 17 January, 2011 @ 6:30 pm   27

mgs: peace walker and gta: chinatown wars for me !! its about time these two had discounts! been waiting to play peace walker since its release but wasnt payin £32 for it ! ( i have a psp go!) crackin sale sony !!

Super--Brad 17 January, 2011 @ 6:40 pm   28

Why can’t SCEE do bundle sales like Steam considering you have it organised into developers, it would make me buy much more.

One of the many reasons I love steam, I got all of Rockstar’s games for £20 – 10 games!

LazyBaker 17 January, 2011 @ 6:45 pm   29

Hey Ross, any word on if we are getting Mass Effect 2 on the store?

‘Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgement (was – £7.99/€12.99 now – £3.99/€6.49)’

This is actually £9.99 on the store currently not £7.99.

i’ll scoop this up on Wednesday defiantly

Round_Dice 17 January, 2011 @ 6:53 pm   31

Still waiting for Croatias Store to be updated with old content.

We’re missing a massive amount of games and DLC.
I’m really disappointed that this has not yet been resolved.

peach walker at £16 finally, tell Konami thanks and give them a slap for not launching at that price.

potential91 17 January, 2011 @ 6:55 pm   33

Dam you!, I bought the majority of the Bioshock 2 DLC last week for full price!! The same thing happened when i forked out £28 for the GTA DLC, oh well!! Enjoy guys :)

RedeyeCult 17 January, 2011 @ 6:55 pm   34

that whole list is kinda rubbish i wont get anything would get mgs pw but dont own a psp PLEASE FIX SHATTER!!! STILL BROKEN!

Cheers Ross. I’ve got to say, after the sale before Xmas, I wasn’t expecting anything in Jan so anything is a bonus. Yes, this is smaller, but some nice games there for my PSP.

The problem is, I already have games from before Xmas which I will haven’t got round to playing yet!

CookieMonsterES 17 January, 2011 @ 7:01 pm   36

Again, a great sale :D
I don’t want to spend too much but it won’t be easy :P
Thanks, Ross, as usual, excellent job!

Bionic Commando: Rearmed will be available in polish PSStore?

Locke_Tribal 17 January, 2011 @ 7:14 pm   38

LOL, very funny comments here. Load of people with PS3s all saying “Nothing but PSP titles on sale, this is crap”, load of people with PSPs all saying “Nothing but PS3 titles on sale, this is crap” :)

Some great deals there I have to say. Will definitely be shelling out for Peace Walker and possibly Warhawk.

joshualeuty96-2- 17 January, 2011 @ 7:18 pm   39

Zombie Apocalypse (was – £7.99/€9.99 now – £3.99/€4.99)
I’ll pick that up now! :D

Im very dissapointed… u did tease me to got 50e card for this but theres simply nada… could have bought rearmed if it would have been at -50%.

Hmm, the only stuff that interests me are on PSP and I’ve bought those one UMD already (Half Minute Hero and MGS PW). Had hoped for Tumble or Sam & Max. Well, can’t always be partytime offcourse

kinglambert 17 January, 2011 @ 7:33 pm   42

I’ve been waiting for Vandal Hearts to drop in price. Nice one!

Handige_Harry 17 January, 2011 @ 7:38 pm   43

i think the Full games that are available on disc still are cheaper on Blu-Ray!

Will Under Siege release this week?Please!!!!

Nothing for me which is a shame but I did fill my boots in the Christmas sale so can’t complain!

oh february is minis month ofcourse… so no purchases for me on psn on feb either… sony u better start to tighten your belt :D

JOHN-HONDA 17 January, 2011 @ 7:45 pm   47

So wait we only get discounts this week on PS store? What an crappy update if this is all the stuff for this weekend then im going crazy. What about LBP2 shirt? Is there even games coming? Or discounts this week? Kinda boring.

JOHN-HONDA 17 January, 2011 @ 7:46 pm   48

Discounts only this week?

“No minis this time though, eh? I wonder why that is…”
Hahaha.The closest thing to confirmeing the PSP2 as we’ll get till the actuall announcment comes:D

Crowlerzors 17 January, 2011 @ 8:18 pm   50

GTA IV: The Lost and Damned & The Ballad of Gay Tony Bundle (£15.99/€19.99)

I JUST BOUGHT lost and damned about a week ago and was looking at buying gay tony, and apparently i can’t get a refund according to the supervisor on the phone… is there any chance that you will lower the price of the individual episodes too? i’m feeling really ripped off…

Load all