Posted 7:09pm

Brand New Killzone 3 Multiplayer Video

Can’t wait for the official Killzone 3 launch? Multiplayer Open Beta still too far away? Don’t worry, we’ve got something to tide you over! Let this video guide you through Killzone 3‘s third multiplayer map, Bilgarsk Boulevard. Stick to the alleyways and building interiors, though, because the long sightlines make crossing the boulevard a dangerous proposition…

Killzone 3 features eight diverse multiplayer levels, including MP03 Bilgarsk Boulevard and the MP05 Frozen Dam map that comes with the Multiplayer Open Beta. For more details on Killzone 3′s multiplayer maps, check out the full briefing at Killzone.com.

We’ll unveil more details on the Killzone 3 Multiplayer Open Beta soon (along with some surprises), so stay tuned.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

42 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first

Love it. I preordered the Limited Edition bundle, KZ3 and the Jungle Green DS3, today. Really looking forward to it :D

I saw your failure ;) (wrong trailer embedded).

Anyway, I can’t wait!

spacehopper69 21 January, 2011 @ 7:30 pm   3

awesome; especially the audio :)

SonicStrife 21 January, 2011 @ 7:32 pm   4

Epic!! Can’t wait for my Helghast edition!!

Sexy!!!!

I will get this game

Absolutely amazing.

*preorder set*

Enkei-Xpress 21 January, 2011 @ 7:56 pm   8

Guerilla Games are awesome!! :D

Killzone 3 looks incredible, amazing graphics

It does look amazing but the recoil… At one point he constantly shoots and there is not a single bit of recoil.

Apart from that amazing job.

G-Force08 21 January, 2011 @ 8:07 pm   10

That game is going to me so awesome.

I am tempted to add the player names in the video to my friends list! Team up and get some KZ3 owning going on! lol

G-Force08 21 January, 2011 @ 8:08 pm   11

Fluff, I wish there was an edit button. “That game is going to BE so awesome”

Not “me”…. -.-

Big_Boss_001 21 January, 2011 @ 8:12 pm   12

Love the new colour palette. Hopefully we see some Kaznan Jungle gameplay in the future.

As the game has gone gold do we keep the ranks for the full game.

AnimaOnline 21 January, 2011 @ 8:59 pm   14

Absolutely amazing. Need I honestly say more?

The game looks beautiful,
Congrats on going Gold!

Oh, and the people who played whist this video recorded, should not get the game, till we have 2 or 3 months headstart.

mew_frenger 21 January, 2011 @ 9:08 pm   16

im gonna get this this. but im kinda dissapointed that theres so much intrusive hud. whats the point of having the best looking shooter on consoles if u just see a bunch of letters and points. i loved the simple and slick hud in kz2. but im open for change, so i will give this a shot

Holy Mother [Deleted] [Deleted]!

AMAZING

Been in the beta and the game is a blast! But I am realy excited to test it with Move. Especialy since I have been testing Move with the new game called Modern Combat: Domination. And it was one of the worst type of controll I have EVER played a FPS game with.

Pressision aming is good but when it takes forever to just simply look to the sides or turn it just is a joke.

So im REALY looking forward to test Move with KZ3…

cakeforme288 21 January, 2011 @ 9:57 pm   19

we get the beta even if we didn’t win?

no one told me this, its gonna be awesome. I dont know how the graphics keep getting better, although the firmware almost never updates, what you guys do must be amazing

Awesome!!!!!!

squirrelchaos 21 January, 2011 @ 10:49 pm   21

anyone else not hearing footsteps looks amazing though can’t wait to get a hold of it when I’m done with all the other games coming out in February

GoldenCannon 21 January, 2011 @ 11:04 pm   22

Totally awesome!!! Can’t wait, its going to be the best FPS ever!

Zuhair1050X 21 January, 2011 @ 11:16 pm   23

I’m a bit worried about the call of duty style run and gun and the high sensitivity.

twistedintoform 21 January, 2011 @ 11:45 pm   24

nah.. don’t be. it’s really not all that much like call of duty, not if you play warzone or operations anyway. the controls are less ‘weighty’ than KZ2, and feel more like the CoD/Battlefield controls, but it’s not a huge difference in my opinion. though it’s obvious the inclusion of the smaller guerilla warfare maps that they’re trying to cater for people who like the closer combat style of gameplay that other FPS games offer, but the warzone mode isn’t that much different from how it played in KZ2 – mindless run and gun is possible, but it won’t really help you or team much.

the main concern is the lack of customised games for warzone that existed in KZ2 (no ability to change time limits, disable weapons/classes, etc.)

I wasn’t all that excited for KZ3 and I usually don’t even buy games new but I think I’m gonna pre order this one. It looks pretty cool.

MugglesFTW 22 January, 2011 @ 4:44 am   26

Meh.

GG could learn a lot from Insomniac and Bungie. Specifically, how to create games that are fun to play, with compelling stories.

Compare Killzone to Reach. One has massive environments with stunning draw-distance, gameplay variety, tons of vehicles, and crazy attention to detail where it counts most (gameplay).

Killzone, on the other hand, restricts itself to the same old, grungy, gloomy, industrial environments. It’s a small-scale linear corridor shooter, with bad characters, bad writing and bad plotting. The gameplay was mediocre at best. (A boss fight with magic-teleporting Radic, anyone?).

After the massive hype and letdown that was Killzone 2, I can’t see any reason to give Killzone 3 a try, not when there’s better shooters out there, and new games like Dead Space 2 and Bulletstorm coming out.

No recoil, low health, matchmaking only and now killstreaks. This is COD: Killzone. This is not what we want!
This game is going to be full of campers with those killstreaks.
Stop awarding camping and stop showing Kill/Death ratio in objective-based gameplay!

Have to agree with Paertan, it looks like it plays like the recent CoD games, I’m not really into that kind of frenetic spawn-&-die gameplay… I’ll see if I like it when the open beta hits in february. Haven’t played the previous Killzone game but I was expecting a slower paced game.

The audiovisuals are nice though :)

:(______) What has been seen cannot be unseen and this looks Grreight
ME2 is soooo 21. January 2011 but THIS is soooo cool

i mean =(______)

AutomaticSnake 22 January, 2011 @ 12:45 pm   31

We want Killzone 3, not CoD Zone.

Didn’t you guys learn anything from the closed beta? I mean, it looks the same, the spot and mark ability ruins the entire game. Seems like the overpowering issues are still there.
The multiplayer decisions seems to be made for individual players who want to decide the match on their own, change the game’s name to CoD already.

Lame multiplayer design, amateur choices.

Killa_Cobra_ST 22 January, 2011 @ 4:14 pm   33

WOW! Killzone 3 looks and sounds awesome!!! Good job GG!

vonhammer 22 January, 2011 @ 9:03 pm   34

Cant stand the exp thing in the middle of the screen,makes it look even more cluttered.Not as bad when your playing,but why even bother.

To be fair, graphics look amazing, i just couldn’t get into KZ2 for some reason..

It would be cool if videos of games that are going to be 3D capable used the youtube 3D function so those of us with 3D tvs can see what it will look like!

Killzone 3 looks incredible, even people who don’t play video games can clearly see it is lightyears better than COD: Body Odour in terms of graphics, gameplay, realism, story and originality. However it will never EEEVVVEEERRR be as good as Half Life.

MugglesFTW 24 January, 2011 @ 4:27 am   38

@ 37,

I don’t play much COD — mostly because its a spray-and-pray shooter with bombastic stories — but how you can claim that KZ’s “gameplay, realism, story and originality” is “lightyears” better, is utterly beyond me.

The gameplay in Killzone is VERY ordinary. The weapon selection is poor, the enemy variety is almost non-existant and the core mechanic is rinse-repeat.

The realism? What realism? Sure, industrial corridors look pretty good, but what else?

Story? You must be kidding. A bunch of bald space marines attacking a bunch of guys in helmets, for a bunch of boring reasons?

Graphically, it’s surpassed for depth and scale by Reach.

Originality? Again, you must be kidding. Killzone is as generic as it comes. It makes Gears of War look like Hemmingway, which is really saying something.

GG need to move beyond pretty graphics, and give us games with depth. Until then, KZ doesn’t even compare to Half Life, Reach, or even Resistance.

If Killzone was on the PC, Wii and Xbox, I doubt too many people would even notice it.

Bring on Resistance 3!

BritishBlue 24 January, 2011 @ 9:56 am   39

Looks good, far better than Reach with it’s lame “aliens”, laughable pew pew guns and derivative space marines “story” which is a shameless rip-off of Ringworld by Larry Niven anyway. The only notable feature of Halo is it’s mountain of fanboys ready to battle to the internet death for the Master Chief’s honour.
And that’s fact, not my personal opinion but an actual unassailable fact of reality. Nobody else has personal tastes that may be different from mine because I am all that matters, me, me, me…also, [DELETED]

MugglesFTW 25 January, 2011 @ 2:15 am   40

@ 39, please, Sony fanboys already have enough of a bad reputation.

Project2insanity 25 January, 2011 @ 11:04 pm   41

@MugglesFTW; “If you can’t see the value in other games like Halo or Resistance, that’s really YOUR problem.” That statement makes you a hypocrite. You bash Killzone to the point that you clearly don’t respect any its values.
‘Spray-and-pray shooter’ , if that’s how feel, you didn’t even begin to understand Killzone. Many play with that attitude and they fail on a grand scale. I know how to succeed and that ain’t the way here.

“Graphically, it’s surpassed for depth and scale by Reach.” You’re the who brought up fanboys, I’m not saying anymore on that line.
‘Restricts itself to the same old, grungy, gloomy, industrial environments.’ Erm… you mean a land devastated by endless war normally looks bright and fluffy with kids playing and laughing with thousands of balloons?

Project2insanity 25 January, 2011 @ 11:14 pm   42

“Space marines attacking a bunch of guys in helmets, for a bunch of boring reasons?” Sorry, but you think war is a boring reason? I might be crazy but do we fight wars in real-life, all that have no genuine reasons. You’ll find more story if you looked into it. The game is a journey of those caught up in it.
“Enemy variety is almost non-existant”. They are opposing armies with ranks and classes of soldiers! What variety are you looking for? Vampires, ghosts? I mean… jeez…

‘Weapon selection is poor’, or in other words, there’s not 10 types of each type of weapon and you ain’t able to paint your rifle a pretty pink alongside your armour. We have exactly what we need to get the job done. Newsflash; there are still weapons mostly unused by the majority.

For the record, I say all this with the experience and enjoyment of other games such as what you mentioned!