Posted 5:30pm

Resistance 3 And Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Come To London

James from Insomniac here. We’ve spent today in London demoing our two upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusives, Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, to members of the press. This marks the first time anyone outside Insomniac has played both games. In addition, we’re showing new levels and content.

We realize it’s not entirely fair that only the press gets to see what’s new, so we wanted to make sure we brought it here to the PlayStation Blog as well.

Resistance 3

Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Come to London

The Resistance 3 demo takes place in Haven, Oklahoma. Our new hero, former Sentinel Joseph Capelli, has taken up arms with his fellow Haven citizens to defend the town from Chimeran forces. The fighters are trying to buy enough time for an evacuation of Haven, as a Chimeran terraformer is closing on the city and threatens to wipe it off the map. As the battle wages on and the terraformer nears, you see the wind begin to pick up… and then the Chimeran Brawler arrives to turn the tide of the battle.

Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Come to London Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Come to London

Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One

Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One Come to London

Ratchet, Clank, Qwark and Dr. Nefarious must cross through a dangerous Seaside Village on Planet Magnus to reach their next destination. The fearsome foursome will have to use several weapons in their arsenal, including the returning Combuster, and the Warmonger rocket launcher. In All 4 One, when players combine to use the same weapon, such as the storm-cloud generating Thundersmack, they can create even more devastating effects. But players can also specialize and use different weapons, such as when one player uses the Arc Lasher kinetic energy whip to stun an enemy while allies blast it with their own weapons. The choice is up to you and your friends in All 4 One as you explore and try to unravel the mysteries of the Creature Collector.

That’s all for now – we hope you enjoyed this updated look at what we’ve been working on. Be sure to follow us on twitter or become a fan of us on Facebook to catch the latest on both Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One, and a whole lot more.

JS

P.S. remember to check out eu.playstation.com for all the latest information on Resistance 3 and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

31 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

DANTHEMAN121 1 February, 2011 @ 5:37 pm   1

oh my these games look EPIC
can’t wait to here more info bout em
2011 gonna be a sweet year for all gamers

cheers

W00T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carnivius_Prime 1 February, 2011 @ 5:41 pm   3

Not so fussed bout Resistance cos I dislike FPS games but I frickin’ love Ratchet & Clank and the thought of it in multiplayer is awesome. Definitely going on my list with Uncharted, Infamous and such of my most wanted of 2011.

TwistedALiEN 1 February, 2011 @ 5:43 pm   4

How about passing along the press demo of Resistance 3 to us dedicated PlayStation Plus members? ;)

R3 looks fab – weapon wheel FTW!

Resistance 3 is really good-looking. Love the whole series since the first, great atmosphere, and it seems it’ll get even better with R3.

Thanks, IG. :)

Chris

is it just me or does R3 look like its running at 1.5X?

I have a platinum in R2, i love this franchise.

shadownobody 1 February, 2011 @ 5:54 pm   9

the games look realy good.

i have a sugestion,can you guys make the unranked kills in resistance 2
count for the 10000 kill trophy.
its realy hard to find a ranked game.

thanks and keep the good work

RESISTANCE61513 1 February, 2011 @ 5:55 pm   10

Holy hell, absolutely blown away! You guys have seriously out done yourselves. I know I always say this but, phenomenal job! I seriously can’t wait to pick up this installment. Everything about it is top notch and it’s so early in development still!

Congrats on the London showcase Insomniac!

Resistance 2 was great, but was overshadowed by the press blitz of Killzone 2 (which was a more polished game, unfortunately) so my excitement for the title waned a little as I was left anticipating the next big thing…

I hope Resistance 3′s launch is better timed than it’s predecessor, because it looks better than ever!

Looks like humans have truely lost the war on video compression in the R3 video. Its everywhere.

Wow. R3 look spectacular, love how fluent and dynamic it seems. Nice touch on the chimera taking one for the team!

DAY 1 for BOTH Games! ! ! ;P

Give us the demos to play on PSN please? ;)

Day 1 purchase, will be working by then :D

LAClennell 1 February, 2011 @ 6:02 pm   16

Please tell me that the M5A2 Carbine WILL be returning please :)

I can’t wait to play both of these games, obviously for different reasons. R3 looks like a bunch of epic battles. I am happy to see the wheel selector and the flying Chimera look amazing. All4One looks like a bunch of fun co-op platforming that I am sure I will enjoy online with my friends. I love the Ratchet series, but for the most part up until now it has mainly been a solo experience. Insomniac is an amazing group of people to put out two completely different products that are equal in polish and pleasure.

i’m getting Ratchet 4 sure like all the previous ones, but Resistance doesn’t tell me anything cause i’m not an FPS fan. Killzone 3 should be enough.

Akinokaze-FA 1 February, 2011 @ 6:17 pm   19

Will it even be possible to play R&C:A4O solo? Multiplayer co-op is great but sometimes you’re net just doesn’t cut it.

cakeforme288 1 February, 2011 @ 6:58 pm   20

didn’t I remove natharious’ (apolagise, lazy spelling) head in the previous?

That 1st screen shot of R3!!! If that’s what it really looks like, then WOW!!! AMAZING!

Gameplay’s looking pretty good too :)

mew_frenger 1 February, 2011 @ 7:16 pm   22

both games look great! rly impressed by the R3 visuals. that last chimera kinda looks like a monkey:P lol… also the guns in resistance 3 look fantastic. at the same time, there seem to b very little movement when your walking or shooting which makes it look a bit less real. which takes it down a bit for me, personally. but i absolutely love what i see. time to get those pre-orders in!

Resistance 3 looks like GOTY!

sensiblade 1 February, 2011 @ 10:08 pm   24

Not a complaint as such but a comment/question

Why is always just London that gets these type of things.
There is life above Watford
Birmingham gets some stuff but any further north until Glasgow just gets ignored
Can we have some Sony events in (personal pref) Sheffield, Manchester, Newcastle etc.

piefromhell 1 February, 2011 @ 11:28 pm   25

i so cant wait to buy these games ive have them all played them all and beat them all several times over and if these have a collectors editions im so buying those i cant wait to get these games.

also im the third american to post on here from what i can see

Hmmm I was just thinking about gender equality and how it should extend to chimeræ. AHEM, now take that beauty in the screen shot above the big green guy from Ratchett and Clank. Now wouldn’t it be fairer, for the sake of the roughly 10% females on psn and for gender equality, if that chimera, caught mid pose was wearing hi heels, a sack dress from Threads, was wearing lipstick and had a Marilyn Monroe/Bubba Devine style wig on. Just no hot air up thru any grillings please. “Heappy Burthday to yew, Mr Pwesident”. I think I know why the big green guy back below is looking up so Stargazed now, poor victim…

Excuse me ticket holder number 24, count your lucky stars you live a motorway ride away from these events. I’m a hobbit living in Middle-Earth/New Zealand. Do you think Sony ever bother with us down here. Sony NZ is so small and redundant that it runs an empty office up the road from me, with a telephone they never answer except by answer phone, and they ignore msgs left, PARTICULARLY if it’s a cry for their help. Basically it’s a sham operation calling itself Sony New Zealand, but run and “serviced” by always on the defensive Australian staff and part of Sony Australian. So try not to feel the pinch to much up theer in Glasgow nor in Watford.

@27

Well you are not alone the majority of the SCEE territory gets ignored on a daily basis.. Not only with these events but with a tons of services we are not getting.

@ least Ross has the decency to tell us what the problems surrounding the PSone classics are but the rest just does not have an excuse!! For treating us like this..

Mentality 2 February, 2011 @ 9:36 am   29

Resistance 3 is all that appeals here and all I can say is WOW, looks awesome already and I really look forward to seeing the finished product and rippings bits out of Chimera.

I do wish they would pick a look for a gun and stick to it though, they ahve changed the looks of the guns now from one release to the next. The stylising in the 2nd made more sense and made the alien guns look more well, Alien, but I don’t get it this time around. To me personally it stands out the extent that they have changed them. Might just be me and no one really cares, maybe there is something it the story that would explain it, maybe I just make myself assume, it’s alien tech it can do what it likes =D, it just a little observation and I will be sure to overlook it when I am playing the game anyway I think.

Vandaliser 2 February, 2011 @ 7:00 pm   30

the guns look stiff for some reason and the gameplay looks slow paced.

C’mon inmsomniac add some inertia, feel and kick to the weapons and make it fast paced gameplay

@Resistance 3
Really cool HUD and atmosphere. The health is auto-regen?