Posted 4:00pm

The 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition Is Coming To PSP

Hi everyone, I’m really pleased to tell you more today about The 3rd Birthday, our new RPG shooter game featuring the return of Aya Brea. If you’ve not seen the game before (where have you been?:-)), take a look at the latest trailer below!

To mark the game’s launch we’re going to be releasing the game as a special Twisted Edition, including some exclusive bonus contents. Check out the image below to get a glimpse of what’s going inside the box!

3rd Twisted Edition pack

In the Twisted Edition you’ll get:

• A copy of the game in a red PSP case
  • A 48 page artbook ‘CTI Confidential’ including early concept artwork of the Twisted monster designs, locations and Aya Brea art2 x deluxe art prints
  • A download code for an exclusive ‘Aya Brea costume’ for Lightning to use in the upcoming DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY

The 3rd Birthday is coming out in Spring, only on PSP. If you want to find out more about the game, head over to our website at www.the3rdbirthdaygame.com and let us know your comments on the Twisted Edition below!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

46 Comments 4 Author replies
Show oldest first

HiddenAway 2 February, 2011 @ 4:04 pm   1

Rumours are abound that there won’t be a PSN release for this in the US, despite it being a day and date release in Japan.

So, is there going to be a PSN version of the game in Europe/US?

I’ll be extra cheeky and also ask where the hell is the Dissidia Duodecim release date ;)

Rob Rutter 2 February, 2011 @ 4:09 pm

Hi HideenAway, I’m afraid there’s no news I can talk about yet on a PSN release.
    As for Dissidia Duodecim, please wait just a little longer :)

Chaosprower 2 February, 2011 @ 4:04 pm   2

Will it be available on PSPgo?

GrimFiction 2 February, 2011 @ 4:08 pm   3

That’s awesome! looking forward to this game, you’ve now made me want to part with my money more =P

SuicidalSteve 2 February, 2011 @ 4:09 pm   4

For the PSPgo users will there be a special offer via PSN like what they did with GoW: Ghost of Sparta?

Will this game get a digital release?

Yeah I’d also like to know if this is going to be released on PSN or if it’s only on UMD. Considering the fact that NGP is coming within the year, I’m not going to buy another game on UMD.

In fact I haven’t done so in a long time already, but I’m sick of missing out of games that I’d like to play.

HiddenAway 2 February, 2011 @ 4:17 pm   7

@ Rob

Fair enough, so we’ll know by the end of lets say, next week then? :)

Thankfully you’d tempted me enough already to grab the special edition – despite this not really being the type of game I normally go for. So, good trailer work :)

I hope we’ll get japanese VA for 3rd Birthday and upcoming Square Enix titles like Dissidia 012, FF type-0 and FFXIII-2.

AaronSOLDIER 2 February, 2011 @ 4:20 pm   9

How about PE2 for PSN?

remanutd5 2 February, 2011 @ 4:20 pm   10

Digitally Release please , i wanna be able to play the game on my psp GO and my future NGP purchase , oh and will there be some controls changes when NGP come out ?

you know what would be really cool to go with this?

the original parasite eve on the store.

please, pretty please with a cherry on top. :)

i was actually looking forward 2 this game untill i found out it only takes about 1 hour 2 compleet on easy
very disappointed now.

Suzzopher 2 February, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   13

Looking forward to this, Tactics Ogre and Dissidia Duodecim more than any game on the HD consoles.

ShadowDoGGG 2 February, 2011 @ 4:36 pm   14

Everything from Japan always seems very sexualised.

Benjamin81 2 February, 2011 @ 4:36 pm   15

Yeah, people screaming left and right in the comments about a PSN release and yet Square Enix refuses to put their games on the Playstation store. Sad to see they are so stubborn about this. With NGP announced, i won’t buy any UMD games that are not compatible with the new Sony handheld. Sad, because i really would like to play Kingdom Hearts, Tactics Ogre and this.

Game looks amazing. I will definitely pick this up.

Honestly the PSPGO was the biggest con ever, so many games are unavailable for it. Such a joke! Sony should be ashamed with the way they have handled the PSPGO situation.

Wish I hadn’t bothered :/

What about us PSP Go and future PSP2 owners!? Booo!

dragonmagician 2 February, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   19

Square Enix Europe is so much more awesome than SE North America. I wish we get Special Editions as well. I would buy this if it was able to me.

MohammedMK 2 February, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   20

I will buy this game the moment I see it on shelves. I loved Parasite Eve games and I can’t to play as Aya Brea again. Thanks for bringing this game to the west, I thought it’d never make it!

Im am getting sick of this “wait and see” approach to PSN releses of some UMD games. at this late stage after over a year of the PSP Go and now with NGP around the corner, it is quite frankly idiotic that parity between UMD and Digital is not 100% guaranteed.

Third party developers get away with this insult purely because of Sony’s absolutely inept contracts for development. Really, how hard is it to say “PSP develpoment also means digital distribution through the PlayStation Network. If you dont agree, kindly [Deleted]“.

Seriously sony, hire some decent lawyers next time.

Skookie30 2 February, 2011 @ 5:42 pm   22

Yeah my Fab devs come up trumps again that is 1 awsome beast there like hazel said it be swell if we get PE1 we getting PE2 so

pretty please with sugar cherry on TOP ;)

whoismilan 2 February, 2011 @ 5:46 pm   23

Please release this game on PSN.

I really want to play it, and I’d hate it if I had to pass on this one also, as I had to do with Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, which was one of my most anticipated games of last year until I found out that for some unnamed reason you decided to only release it on disk.

Here to ask for a psn release.

btw, If you are happy with Japanese language games, please note that the 3rd birthday is available right now on the Japanese Playstation store.

Its might not be perfect, but you can at least be happy in the knowledge that Square enix Europe didn’t get your money.

Would be a day one purchase for me on PSN, but if its UMD only then its hard to justify when you can’t carry it forward to the NGP.

cronotriggr 2 February, 2011 @ 6:16 pm   27

LONG time Parasite Eve fan here, just wondering if the Twisted Edition would get released in Australia?

it’s great 2 see how much they don’t care about digital distribution in europe they hardly seem 2 awnser any questions about it

CassyChan 2 February, 2011 @ 7:45 pm   29

Awesome, a definite pre-order for me!

With Dissidia Duodecim, The 3rd Birthday and Final Fantasy Type-0 coming soon the PSP and Final Fantasy XIII-2 this year, a much improved Final Fantasy XIV at some point and Final Fantasy Versus XIII next year for the PS3 it looks like I’ll be busy playing Square-Enix titles for a fair while.

Chaosprower 2 February, 2011 @ 8:43 pm   30

“I’m afraid there’s no news I can talk about yet on a PSN release.”

That’s the same thing that was said of Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, and hasn’t even been mentioned of a PSN release anymore.

PSN-OmniusALX 2 February, 2011 @ 8:45 pm   31

Notice how the only comments Rob answered were one’s that ‘praise’ the game and the all important digital release questions are ignored.

Rightly so Sony should be ashamed of the launch of the PSPGo, and I’ve said it in the NGP posts. This shows that things won’t look any better when the NGP actually releases!

Why the hell do companies keep promoting UMD new releases? Not that I want to see original PSP owners ‘lose out’ if they prefer the actual disc, but both PSP and PSPGo (no option really) can use digital downloads, so why is there not parity in this media?

How can Sony expect to shift NGP’s???? Hold on, I can see what will happen, only PS1, Minis and the odd new ‘Android Phone Game’ from PS Suite will be on the Store come next year for use on the NGP, all the ‘real’ games will appear on those ‘new’ memory cards and I bet the same will happen, not every ‘Memory Card’ game will even be released as Digital Download, just watch and see!!!

One good thing though atleast the online price for Memory Card games will be better when buying from Play and Amazon than the PSN!

psn_Witcher 2 February, 2011 @ 8:51 pm   32

The trailer for 3rd Birthday listed on Square Enix’s website for North America had the PSN logo at the end of it. I thought that would mean a definite release on the PSN.

Please, Square Enix, don’t leave us PSP Go owners out in the cold!

Theres not much reason to get it on UMD if you’re getting a PSP2, since it wont be playable on it, but the PSN version will.

If it doesn’t get a PSN release im not buying it. i skipped KH:BBS, can do the same with this.

Project2insanity 2 February, 2011 @ 10:13 pm   34

Crazy idea, people; keep your PSP if wanting to play UMD… Surely I’m not the only one!?

a who cares square enix is a dying company anyway. releasing 1 horrible game after another this Gen their only hope is nomura’s
FFXIIIversus

Benjamin81 2 February, 2011 @ 11:04 pm   36

Rob probably got the order from his bosses not to talk about the possibility of a PSN release at all. So i don’t blame him, but i blame Square Enix for treating the Playstation community like [DELETED]. Be upfront about your intentions and the community knows what to expect. But this “we don’t talk about a possible psn release yet” is nonsense if you don’t plan to release the game on the Playstation store anyway.

Hopefully Sony learns from this experience and demands digital releases for NGP. If Sony doesn’t force them, then third parties will treat the community like [DELETED] again.

I love special edition releases.
I also love playing my PSP games on my PSPGo.
Why can’t Sony sell this same boxset with a download code inside instead of a UMD? (assuming it’s coming to the store)
That would make me happy.
FIN.

obiadekanobi1980 3 February, 2011 @ 3:56 pm   38

this is what square are good at taking a muched loved story and putting it on the worse console ff13 xbox, now parasite eve on th psp???? i mean [DELETED] guys thisshould have been on the ps3 and not on a dying handheld with the NGP comming out by xmas.

this should have been a 1st class first ps3 release of one of the best games square ever done now its got to R.I.P on the pspee dont get me wrong i love sony but hell they make some bad calls this would have been massive on the ps3 MASSIVE……

#1, Dissidia Duodecim is coming out in Europe on March 25th.

psn_Witcher 4 February, 2011 @ 8:06 pm   40

Emailed Square Enix’s customer support yesterday about The 3rd Birthday being digitally released on the PSN outside of Japan, they responded today that they had no plans to do so. Wow…talk about a dagger. Thanks for rewarding your loyal customers, SE….

Skookie30 7 February, 2011 @ 1:26 pm   41

Nooooo Dont tell me it‘s true SE It must arrive on PSN as well PE1 we Know PE2 coming why rob you not answering the questions DON‘T MAKE ME HATE SE you lot doing so well. :|

psn_Witcher 7 February, 2011 @ 4:21 pm   42

@Skookie30

Sorry, wish I had better news. After the initial question about the digital release and the response in the negative, I asked the rep why. I have not heard back yet, so I am assuming that SE isn’t going explain. Sucks a lot, I guess non-JPN gamers are pretty low on their priority list.

JaabiTaylor 8 February, 2011 @ 5:40 am   43

”I’ve been hearing things here and there that this isn’t coming to New Zealand. I think its due to classifications. (The M16+ rating, I guess?) Any details about that? :/”

Yeah, -this.-

So, everyone in EU but New Zealand will get to play T3B? That sucks.
I hope that this is just a temporary problem and not a permanent one, otherwise you’ll have screwed over all NZ fans of this game who are keen to play it and force them to import the game. And we don’t exactly have many options when it comes to importing either. >_>