Posted 18 February

LittleBigPlanet 2 Friday Fun – Hansel & Gretelbot Out Now! Plus, Game Update 1.01

Hi guys! Some cool nuggets of LittleBigPlanet news to start your weekend off nicely…

Firstly, a game update for LittleBigPlanet 2 was released earlier this week. Codenamed ‘Cupcake’, it fixes a number of issues that were making some players’ experience of LBP 2 insufficiently Sack-tastic. Head over here for a full list of updates.

Hansel & Gretelbot

Last week we shared some cool news about “Hansel & Gretelbot” – a community-made level pack for LBP 2. Well, here’s some more cool news about “Hansel & Gretelbot” – it’s all ready for you to start playing! Here’s Spaff from Media Molecule with more details…

The Community made Level Pack Hansel and Gretelbot is out now! For those who didn’t see it last week, Hansel & Gretelbot is a completely community made pack of 7 playable levels, furnished with a full story, cut scenes, voice acting, original score, and lots of prizes to collect too! It’s a might achievement, and hopefully one that will inspire others to do the same.

It’s completely free and no need to download, just head over to this LBP.me page and queue up the first level!

The H&G team put together this set of awesome wallpapers to download for your PS3, plus you can read an interview with some of the creators over on LittleBigLand, where you can also download a fourth wallpaper!

Hansel & Gretelbot 1Hansel & Gretelbot 2

On behalf of the guys, we hope you enjoy Hansel and Gretelbot, and please join us in congratulating them on their creation. May there be many more to come!

Congratulations to the whole Hansel & Gretelbot team on creating something so impressive and ambitious – it’s an amazing example of what’s possible in LittleBigPlanet 2. I hope you all have fun playing it!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

10 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first

How can I play the Hansel & Gretelbot levels?
All of them (1 to 8) are locked.

Agamer2006 18 February, 2011 @ 5:40 pm   2

Jumping on now to have a go :)

Agamer2006 18 February, 2011 @ 5:41 pm   3

o didnt realise it was still locked

Carnivius_Prime 18 February, 2011 @ 5:53 pm   4

Looks good. Since losing my save files I have to redo eeeeverything though. I think perhaps LBP1 as well cos I know I had a lot more stuff when starting LBP2 off likely carried over from the first game. Anyways queued it.

Agamer2006 18 February, 2011 @ 5:53 pm   5

its working now

yogh_wayne 18 February, 2011 @ 6:54 pm   6

Awesome!! Added it to my queue and can’t wait to get home and play :) The artwork looks amazing!

Happy days, in the ever growing queue it goes.
I love little Big Planet and it just keeps getting better and better!!!
Cheers.

Game-o-holic 19 February, 2011 @ 3:02 am   8

After playing the “Hansel & Gretelbot” levels I have many questions.

1) Why can I skip to the end credits level before finishing the seven levels before it. Shouldn’t they all be linked as an actual game. I remember reading somewhere that you can do everything in a created level as seen in story levels and there is a natural progression of finishing levels to move on to the next in the story mode. Why not in Hansel & Gretelbot?

2) The levels stuttered all while playing them.. do they stream? I was under the impression that once loaded the levels are in memory and good to go. And I don’t have a slow connection so not sure what happened.

3) No matter if people if people like or dislike this adventure it is impressive that regular folk made it, that goes without saying. But was there a lot of testing of these levels because I had all kinds of game breaking things happen. From being stuck in corners to a floating Gretelbot.

Reading the reviews I noticed a lot of people really enjoyed the levels and I have to say I did to some extent but it felt dis-jointed and not finished product.

Wow, these were the best community levels I have ever played. Unspeakable.

eoghaner_2k10 20 February, 2011 @ 10:46 am   10

update gives clank green eyes