Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

PixelJunk Shooter 2 Out Tomorrow

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

So, the wait is almost over, the sequel to the technically and critically acclaimed PixelJunk Shooter will be with us tomorrow! It continues from where the original left off, leaving you trapped in the deep dark bowels of an enormous alien entity. Fight through the backwash and encounter the weird and terrible monsters that are living in the alien’s gut… force your way through putrid stomach acid and strange slippery bubbly stuff and be totally grossed out by thousands of iddy-biddy insects that come pouring out of strange pulsating larvae when you mix water with it.

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

Yes, this is a game you probably want to avoid playing immediately after eating, and you might feel a little queasy the next time you are staring down Sparrow-on-a-stick (a Kyoto traditional cruisine).

But wait… Shooter 2 isn’t all about dieting and worm control! It has vast new worlds to explore that aren’t part of an organism’s digestive track, and new technologies too, such as the Hungry Suit and the Light Suit and a whole load more. Use the new R3 spin-attack to wipe out chains of enemies at a time and revel in the destructive mayhem you can dish out with the upgraded charged missile! But all this wanton damage is for a good cause as those survivors still need rescuing and only YOU can save them!

PixelJunk Shooter 2: Final screens

On top of all this fun, we have added a completely new online versus mode which I have gone over in a previous post, but let me tell you, it’s just oozing with “addictability”; with twenty unique wonderful weapons to earn and use in the battles, I really hope everyone gives it a go. It’s not overly aggressive and is a bit of cute cat-and-mouse fun, so even those PixelJunk fans out there who have never played online before, I urge you to give it a few tries (besides, one of the trophies requires you to go up at least one league in the online mode so that should be a good enough lure).

Anyway, I shouldn’t keep you too long, you’ve got PSN wallets to fill… See you online! (my ID’s PixelMeister so if you encounter me in your league battling, be kind and let me destroy you!)

PS. there is something extra special for those of you who collect all the treasure… I shan’t spoil it though, last one there’s a ninny!

Over an out! …now where did I place that damn magma ball blaster…

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

32 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first
Roxas598 1 March, 2011 @ 4:07 pm   1

Price?

And demo??? <.<

SpyDudeFX 1 March, 2011 @ 4:10 pm   2

Price? Soundtrack release? Dynamic theme release? And what are the Home unlockables? Thank you ;)

so it has only competitive online modes?

Will there be a demo ?

What is the price ?

spatsnaz 1 March, 2011 @ 4:14 pm   5

Adored the first Shooter, will be buying this for sure.

SpyDudeFX 1 March, 2011 @ 4:15 pm   6

On the US Blog they said no demo for now, because they wanted to finish up the main game.

Gameboys 1 March, 2011 @ 4:18 pm   7

didn’t like the first part…sorry..

i want new levels or something new like “monsters”… :)

Skookie30 1 March, 2011 @ 4:19 pm   8

I haven’t even got the 1st 1 yet yes i know it‘s a crime i should be shot :/ lol

i will buy it as ASAP Soon.

Gavin_Rozee 1 March, 2011 @ 4:26 pm   9

Wouldn’t mind a Plus discount.

anonymus212 1 March, 2011 @ 4:29 pm   10

Won’t mind a plus discount in the range of half price – 100% off

Thanks

Gavin_Rozee 1 March, 2011 @ 4:31 pm   11

Oh yeah, please release sequels to Trajectile/Reflect Missile, Starship Defense/Starship Patrol and X-Scape/3D Space Tank on the 3DS :)

Skookie30 1 March, 2011 @ 4:42 pm   12

Off-topic but you must Know a true Ps1 classics LOK-SR hit tomorrow.

will definetly be picking this up tomorrow as I loved the first one

please please please work something out with High Frequency Bandwidth and make the soundtrack to PJ Shooter 1 available on psn

or is that what was being alluded to in a blog about the podcasts as a possible extra for those that had supported Pixel Junk by buying their other games?????

anyone that hasn’t played the first one – you’ve been missing out it is such a good game – well worth picking up and imho in the top ten of the best games on psn

procion 1 March, 2011 @ 5:00 pm   14

Well I cannot wait to hear the music soundtrack to the game, IF it’s being done by Dr. Alex Paterson from The Orb & Dom Beken, collectively known as High Frequency Bandwidth (HFB) whom made the awesomely mind tripping first PJ Shooter Soundtrack. I’m really not sure you see. I did try and ask by submitting my question/s in That People vs PJ Shooter2, But instead they chose such fun questions from french personages for example as Does it have Home (yawn) items, and Is it coming out on BD. I mean Yawn! But they ignored my fanboy questions, my witty reparté and my long-winded lecture on the history of myself liking the Orb for 20 years and my subsequent record collection coupled with my question/s. The cheek of it. I mean surely there’s room in the french blog for french questions aka demandes. I remember when I used to live in France and went to the British School of Paris, that english and french dont usually mix. Look at 1066. Never mind. I will save my incessant questioning untill Pixeljunk Shooter 3 comes out… a one off game only being developed for me on one Bluray disc with co-op and PS Home item, just so I can ask my question/s

Skookie30 1 March, 2011 @ 5:09 pm   15

i also mean to say i hope LOK-SR is Not the only Ps1 classics come SEE you are on the Roll getting games to us FF7 8,9 VS etc

PE1 & PE2 and xenogears for my RPG Staved psp. :|

xchris2008x 1 March, 2011 @ 5:21 pm   16

@12
its overpriced like Tomb Raider

Cool can’t wait[not that i got much time to play it with playing GT5 + LBP2 + KZ3! ! !] :D :P ;)

Guillemots 1 March, 2011 @ 5:43 pm   18

Awesome! Tomorrow will be another great day! :D
PixelJunk Shooter 2
Dead Space 2: Severed
Lagacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver

Kicorro 1 March, 2011 @ 5:46 pm   19

+PLUS Discount would be greatly appreciated ;D

StuDevo 1 March, 2011 @ 5:46 pm   20

First was awesome but i never finished as YLOD meant save half way through was lost. Will probably pick this up though.

DNAtlantic 1 March, 2011 @ 6:04 pm   21

PixelJunk Shooter is my No.1 PSN game! Of course i’ll be filling up my Wallet to get this! EXTRA SPECIAL SOMETHING HERE I COME! ;-)

Galvanise_ 1 March, 2011 @ 6:21 pm   22

There should be a rule from now on. If you don’t post the price, don’t post. Dylan is awesome, but come on guys. . .if we are buying it, we deserve to know the price.

or if you don’t post the price game is free;)

cakeforme288 1 March, 2011 @ 6:56 pm   24

cool, any word on a price?

I’ll be getting shooter 2 and severed tomorrow. Cant wait. Thanx for all the hard work Dylan & the pixeljunk team.

VitalogyPJ 1 March, 2011 @ 7:53 pm   26

I’m sure its a great game not so sure about the price though, will wait and see.

Still, anything above €10 is too much for a psn game no matter what. For that price and even less I can order retail games, online games don’t have case, paper manual, etc. so no need to raise them prices so high.

paul-p1988 1 March, 2011 @ 8:27 pm   27

definitely looking forward to this, loved the first and have bought all the Pixeljunk games so far, gonna be buying this as soon as it goes on the store tomorrow ^_^

shortfuse14 2 March, 2011 @ 1:23 am   28

I know this is completely of topic but when are you guys gonna update the PS3 internet browser. Youtube search button does not work and Facebook is practically useless nothing shows on the pages except for my profile pic and photos. I dnt have a PC of my own so use the PS3 browser alot. please update ASAP Sony!!!!!

MrOwen1331 2 March, 2011 @ 1:49 am   29

Let me know when Tombi!,Back to the Future, a very large quantity of PlayStation 1 RPGs and Klonoa are released.

i have PJS1 and i will buy PJS2 Soon its awesome games :D

Titanium_Snake 2 March, 2011 @ 1:15 pm   31

I really liked the first one, so yeah, I’m looking forward to this. Got the feeling it might be €14.99 though, which might make me think twice. Same thing happened with Plants vs Zombies, I just thought it was kinda expensive for a tower defense game. Ohh well, we’ll see. ;)

Stonesthrow 2 March, 2011 @ 11:48 pm   32

great games, probably my favorite download games so far, second to dead nation atleast…