Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 4:00pm

DISSIDIA Duodecim Prologus FINAL FANTASY Coming Soon To PSN With Lightning, Aerith Unlock

If you’re looking forward to the upcoming DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY for PSP, then here’s something else to look forward to! DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY will be coming to PSN soon. Here’s a quick summary of what prologus is all about, straight from the press release:

• Unique Scenario: Lightning, the protagonist of the popular FINAL FANTASY XIII, will be introduced to the DISSIDIA series for the first time. Players can journey through a unique scenario featuring Lightning that will recount the events leading to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim].
  • Carry-over items from DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY to DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY: Players can continue their journey and have the advantage of carrying over in-game items acquired in DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY for use in DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.
  • Unlock a new character: By purchasing DISSIDIA duodecim prologus, players will also receive the immensely popular Aerith from FINAL FANTASY VII for use as an assist character in DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY.

Aerith

Not that I need to remind you, but DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY will be available on March 25th. For more info, take a look at our official website and you can vote in the ongoing official character tournament. This week, it’s Lightning Vs. Ultimecia waging war!

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

49 Comments 2 Author replies
Show oldest first
Skookie30 10 March, 2011 @ 4:06 pm   1

Oh i see now a stand alone game a short 1, 1 story 1 character how much? :|

Roxas598 10 March, 2011 @ 4:07 pm   2

What about bringing Birth By Sleep to the store aswell?

surely you see how many people want it on there???

ShogunDarius 10 March, 2011 @ 4:08 pm   3

AoNekoAmaru 10 March, 2011 @ 4:09 pm   4

I hope this means DISSIDIA duodecim FINAL FANTASY will be released on the PlayStation Store the same day it hits store shelves.

In any case DISSIDIA duodecim prologus FINAL FANTASY will be a day one purchase for me and I’m looking forward to play as Aerith later on! =D

Xenostar 10 March, 2011 @ 4:10 pm   5

Thats fantastic, just dont screw us on the price, and is there any news for birth by sleep, and parasite eve 3rd birthday coming to psn as well?

Your missing out on my money if you dont.

Skookie30 10 March, 2011 @ 4:12 pm   6

*i must ask this to 3rd birthday is not far of so Are we getting PE1 yes or no.

& xenogears why are you so silent we want them. we cant relied on SCEE. :|

Xenostar 10 March, 2011 @ 4:12 pm   7

oh christ a paid for demo, Square you should be ashamed, Sony please block this release unless it the full games comes to PSN as well.

What Price will it be? JPN is 300Yen, IIRC, and it’s $3.99 for NA.

And for comments like this – “so effectively its purchase a demo? if this is where the games industry is going i’m out” – It unlocks an exclusive (to those that buy the demo) DLC, so we’re paying for the DLC mostly, not just a ‘generic demo’

2.99 for NA*

ShogunDarius 10 March, 2011 @ 4:20 pm   10

@8 just because it unlocks something doesn’t make it right

this sounds more like dlc or even a prologue than a demo, dont see why people get upset. Hope this means the full game comes to psn, i dont have a pspGO but i’ll add my vote for that, along with BBS and PE.
Oh and im still expecting a Kingdom Hearts HD collection this year.

GaiaScythe 10 March, 2011 @ 4:22 pm   12

FINALLY !!!

Does “soon” mean next Wednesday or so … or “soon” like … this week ?

Guillemots 10 March, 2011 @ 4:23 pm   13

Dissidia 012 + The The 3rd Birthday = sold for me!
Hope Prologus will cost 0.99€

TheDragonsB1ad3 10 March, 2011 @ 4:24 pm   14

It doesn’t just give you aerith as an assist character the little short story mode feature in the demo isn’t in the full game so I’d say that’s another reason too buy it

AcidCrashX 10 March, 2011 @ 4:27 pm   15

so is dissidia 012 coming to PSN then?

Xenostar 10 March, 2011 @ 4:33 pm   16

Sony you really should offer a trade in program for people that bought PSP Go’s to swap it for a 3000 instead, mines prolly rusted shut by now with the lack of UMD content that comes to PSN.

noruraeus 10 March, 2011 @ 4:34 pm   17

Am I the only one who gets confused by the Final Fantasy naming and what relation if any the different titles are meant to have with each other?

Choerilos 10 March, 2011 @ 4:35 pm   18

Having already played the Japanese version of this fairly thoroughly, I can say it is far more than just a demo. In fact, it is awesome. You can play as several characters in a mode seperate from Lightning’s storymode. And the storymode itself is a very welcome way to get back into the flow of things and learn about the new gameplay mechanics.

Consider it pre-release DLC instead of a demo. And damn good DLC at that. Will be getting this one day 1. And of course the full game too.

silverrule 10 March, 2011 @ 4:38 pm   19

Hi Rob,
Can you tell me if The Third Birthday will be released on PSN?
It was on the JPSN, so there shouldn’t be any problem like with KH: BBS.

I’m asking because a Joystiq article that’s saying there are no plans for a digital release version.

The us ps site also has it listed as umd only.

It would be so great if it was available digitally, especially with the NGP being backward compatible.

Can I safety assume Dissidia 012 will be on PSN considering the original is on there plus prologus being confirmed?

Thanks

spatsnaz 10 March, 2011 @ 4:41 pm   20

…it’s still Aeris as far as I’m concerned.

HiddenAway 10 March, 2011 @ 4:44 pm   21

I’m assuming it’s out next week alongside the US version next Tuesday.

I also think it’ll cost £1.99 but that is speculation on my part :)

Skookie30 10 March, 2011 @ 4:45 pm   22

If it‘s DLC shouldn’t it with full game as a add-on we buy dlc to bolt on a game then stand alone DLC.

i will get this still and the other 1 though after i get & finish the 1st 1 :/

GaiaScythe 10 March, 2011 @ 4:59 pm   23

Square Enix once said it will come out in USA and Europe at the same time … that makes for us … next Wednesday !!

DarkRecoil 10 March, 2011 @ 5:01 pm   24

This is only on PSN because Square Enix cant be bothered to mass produce UMD’s for a demo.

After all, we already know how much SE dislike putting their best games on PSN.

trutenprower 10 March, 2011 @ 5:08 pm   25

Great to have Aerith back in another SE game.

And to those asking about getting Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep on, its not up to SE but up to Disney Interactive. That’s why it hasn’t been released on PSN.

DarkRecoil 10 March, 2011 @ 5:18 pm   26

@25

there were at least 4 Disney PSOne classics on the last or 1 but last US store update. that whole Disney thing is a lie. Square Enix simply don’t want most of their major titles available for digital distribution.

iisc2k7 10 March, 2011 @ 5:22 pm   27

Any news on a digital release for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep?

@25 Nomura already stated that the reason its not on PSN has nothing to do with Disney.

Primal_Link 10 March, 2011 @ 5:32 pm   28

Well finally!

Least we know when it comes but I figured out it would be next week after this weeks disappoiontment. Its too bad that i have to study for an exam the week the full games released, if only it was sooner…

It must be Wednesday as Ross stated a month or so ago that the releases would be at the same time.

Bovrillor 10 March, 2011 @ 5:41 pm   29

The people cried out for infrastructure play…

…they got a paid demo.

Get lost, Squeenix.

Philip99 10 March, 2011 @ 5:51 pm   30

The people who pay the extra for the Legacy Edition of Dissidia 012 should be able to download this for free. Yet Square Enix seems to think that it’s worth experimenting with this one. I know I certainly shan’t be buying Prologus.

Sounds very good, I’ve already preordered the Dissidia 012 Legacy Edition. And 2,99€, that’s cheap! I hope this will be available in Finland also?

Akira_Tenshi 10 March, 2011 @ 5:57 pm   32

Noooo! Her name isn’t Aerith damn it, not in the game i know and love!

Akira_Tenshi 10 March, 2011 @ 5:59 pm   33

I’m actually all for premium demos for the right price, and as long as they contain more content then a standard demo.

vitorma_BR_ 10 March, 2011 @ 6:02 pm   34

when is the modnation release on PSN?

Cyba_Cowboy 10 March, 2011 @ 7:09 pm   35

Aerith (Aeris) Gainsborough is in this game? Well, I’m sold! ;-)

will the full game of DISSIDIA 012[duodecim] FINAL FANTASY be as a downloadable version?

@36 *released as a downloadable version on the playstation store?

Cyba_Cowboy 10 March, 2011 @ 7:22 pm   38

Now all we need is Crisis Core: Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep to be released digitally…

Oh and @trutenprower, your argument doesn’t make sense – there’s plenty of Disney Interactive content available on the PSN, including recent titles. Also, Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, another big title from Square Enix is also not available from the PSN, so it appears that the blame lies with or primarily with Square Enix.

To those complaining about paying a small fee for this “demo”, don’t forget that this is not the first time the industry has done this – a similar thing happened with “shareware” about 15 years ago, which was massively popular and did wonders for PC game sales…

And lastly, to those claiming Aerith’s name is “Aeris”, you’re wrong – her name was mis-translated in the original two games (see here: http://goo.gl/bWgOC )! Developers have stated that “Aerith” is the correct spelling of her name…

I will definitley buy it :)

But they should include Zack Fair also :)

FemmeFox 10 March, 2011 @ 10:35 pm   40

I love that there are so many people calling it a demo. The stupidity that runs in this stream worries me. Its a PROLOGUE. Sure it gives you a taste of the game, but it also gives you some sweet content and choice to carry over EXP as well. Its DLC at best, not a demo.

Also, if the US get it for $2.99, I assume in the UK it will be £2.99?
This is not the same amount in terms of currency ratio. Man the EU/UK get screwed. ¬_¬

@40:

You dont carry over experiecne, as you gain none in the Prologue.

I mean come on, like its been said this is no demo. We neesd TIME to complete all it has to offer.

Im sorry you guys, but releasing it one week before the main game is scandelous, it realy is.

People in JP got MOREE THN A MONTH to play the demo? WHY do we only get BARELY a week and a half? Come on its not fair.

MohammedMK 12 March, 2011 @ 8:28 am   43

I heard about a demo for this game that I have to ‘purchase’ it. If it’s a demo, I don’t think I’ll buy it.

Anyway, I’ll check that when it’s on store. Maybe it’s worth it.

whoismilan 13 March, 2011 @ 9:16 pm   44

It’s good that there’s finally something where the price is actually good compared to US, but I’m not buying this until there’s official confirmation that duodecim will be available on PS Store.

TheDragonsB1ad3 14 March, 2011 @ 1:06 am   45

I would like to know the price for the uk because everywhere i look I can only find/get told the price in euros and the one place I do find the price in £’s is the final fantasy wiki and being a wiki I’m not going to trust it (it says it’s going to be £1.99).

Primal_Link 14 March, 2011 @ 8:55 pm   46

@45:

Hey! im the one that wrote that! It does seem to be the most likely price considering both currency changes and rounding. I kept enough in my wallet(like £3+) just in case prologus reaches 3 pound.

Besides im so hyped! its a drop everything day on wednesday!

Utima_cloud 16 March, 2011 @ 12:49 am   47

well its on the american psn so i wondering what date will we get it. ive been checking every day for this. i pray its soon

Utima_cloud 16 March, 2011 @ 6:53 am   48

well i hope it at least comes out trommow so i get a few days to finish it before the full game is released.

FirLocke 20 March, 2011 @ 6:06 pm   49

Wow, has everyone forgotten what happened with Dead Rising: Case Zero?

It’s a similar thing here people.