Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 7:00pm

inFAMOUS 2: Limited Release UGC Beta Details

So, Sucker Punch revealed the first details on inFAMOUS 2 UGC a couple of weeks ago at GDC. For those of you that haven’t seen the details on this already, check out the awesome UGC trailer below and click here: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/03/02/infamous-2-user-created-missions-give-infinite-possibilities-limited-beta-in-april/ to see the post.

So, the question is, do you want to become Famous?

Well, lucky PlayStation Plus members will be able to become just that when we open up the inFAMOUS 2 Limited Release UGC Beta exclusively to PlayStation Plus subscribers on 12th April 2011.

More information will follow on how lucky PlayStation Plus subscribers can get access, (keep an eye on the EU blog!) but please be aware that not all subscribers will be able to get into the UGC beta on 12th April.

inFamous 2: Limited Release UGC Beta DetailsinFamous 2: Limited Release UGC Beta Details

Please note there is a separate process for other territories, the above is only relevant for users in the PAL territories.

Keep in mind, the best of these missions will be handpicked by Sucker Punch to auto-populate into every user’s game world on or near the launch day of inFAMOUS 2.

If that smells like win to you, then do your best to be creative, innovative, and to polish your mission(s) to the quality of a shipping title. Beta participants will lead the way at launch, but once the game is
released, the floodgates open for mission designers around the globe to Become FAMOUS.

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

65 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Jamie453 14 March, 2011 @ 7:06 pm   1

First! Cant wait!

For PS+ members, do we have to fill in a submission form of some sort, it will it just be available to download on April 12th?

So excited!

Elliott Linger 14 March, 2011 @ 7:16 pm

Hi Jamie453
    We’ll update right here on the blog with details of how PS+ members can get access to the beta.
    Thanks
    EL

almighty-slayer 14 March, 2011 @ 7:06 pm   2

More importantly, where can we get the Hero edition in the UK?

Shou_Kobayashi 14 March, 2011 @ 7:07 pm   3

I for myself would love to pre-order the HERO Edition in Germany ;)

Can’t wait to give this a go. It will be interesting to see how it works and plays.

I plan on getting the Hero edition once the retailers decide to put it up for pre-order.

almighty-slayer 14 March, 2011 @ 7:12 pm   5

Actually, a Europe release date for the game in general would go down a treat too.

iFamous 2 Avatars please!

Skookie30 14 March, 2011 @ 7:17 pm   7

i still hate being LIED to how many goals post been moved i‘m past caring now btw i notice on SCEA Blog had a facelift no surprise there.

i like it that they got vist EU-BLOG at the top lol ;)

We’ll probably have a limit to how many Plus users can download the beta. Hope to get in though.

sephiroth180 14 March, 2011 @ 7:21 pm   9

Why can’t every PS+ owner have access to it? I know it gets annoying when people complain about these things, but we were promised exclusive betas with PS+

TrulyALie 14 March, 2011 @ 7:23 pm   10

If only a select few of those missions will autopopulate the world in the full game, does that mean the majority will be hidden unless you actively search for user generated levels? I hope so.

Stinkinmushroom 14 March, 2011 @ 7:30 pm   11

Oh yeah!

i honestly just want to know where i can get the Hero Edition, betas just seem to spoil the game for me, maybe not plot wise but its like i have already tried to do things i would normally do with the full game.

cakeforme288 14 March, 2011 @ 7:42 pm   13

AWESOME, cannot wait, i can put mah skills at LBP and infamous to the test !!!

cthulhu85 14 March, 2011 @ 7:50 pm   14

Please don’t be the first 10k that download it… I won’t be home before lunch time that day so that would’ve sucked big time to miss it by a couple of hours… I’d much rather you just sent out invitations to PS+ users that signed up somewhere (that way only intersted people would join it, instead of sending it to someone who might not give a damn about it)

iComeHonorFace- 14 March, 2011 @ 7:55 pm   15

Smells like fail to me, psn+ only, nuff said.

moss022 14 March, 2011 @ 8:14 pm   16

i agree with #15

BH_VIPER 14 March, 2011 @ 8:28 pm   17

it should also be for people who haven’t got PS+.

Roxas598 14 March, 2011 @ 8:29 pm   18

so Plus members only here but the US get to sign up??

yup seems fair to me

vitorma_BR_ 14 March, 2011 @ 8:39 pm   19

how about modnation release?

17# PS + = BETAS, if they don’t deliver betas for + then they fail PS+ And they wont hold what they said.

This was news to me. Looks awesome.

Klunk234 14 March, 2011 @ 8:55 pm   22

EPIC NEWS! Hope I get chosen, but as almighty-slayer said, UK HERO EDITION?!

link1983 14 March, 2011 @ 9:02 pm   23

What do you want me to do? No, really I will do anything including take Anne Widicombe’s virginity. No really. I am that serious!

vonhammer 14 March, 2011 @ 9:19 pm   24

Sounds like a server test,wont bother trying if it’s a random pick.
The only confirmed 2011 game I want more is uncharted 3,so I’ll wait on release before I play it.

Basket21 14 March, 2011 @ 9:37 pm   25

I want a hero edition in the netherlands too !!

cakeforme288 14 March, 2011 @ 10:23 pm   26

There is a survay or sign up we will need to fill out once the yankees have gone thru the process, sit tight

this is good news hope i get in and give us good avatars come on sony US store have so much different ones?

PSBLOG NORTH AMERICA FTW!!

ShadowDoGGG 14 March, 2011 @ 10:44 pm   29

Make it for everyone, its a Sony game. Don’t segregate – integrate.

FatMachismo 14 March, 2011 @ 11:18 pm   30

Looking sweet. I don’t know if I’ll bother trying to get in. The creation of missions isn’t really why I want to play it, I’ll be happy enough to play everyone elses who might have had enough patience to do it properly ;]

Alrekr42 15 March, 2011 @ 12:24 am   31

Pleeeeaaaase!!! We want details on the game: What countries gets the Hero Edition? And, more important, /when/? vgreleases.com says June 10th, but can I trust that?

KillaPigeon 15 March, 2011 @ 1:48 am   32

Does anyone think that someone at either Sony or Sucker Punch would be nice enough to get me into the beta? It’s coming out on my birthday and I did platinum the first one.
Wouldn’t it be nice if they did that?

KylieDog 15 March, 2011 @ 2:57 am   33

So PS+ granting access to betas is not a promise anymore? Not have to be a ‘lucky’ PS+ user?

How many more parts of what PS+ offered before subscribing to it are going to be removed?

TroubleMaker411 15 March, 2011 @ 6:04 am   34

Come on Sony!
forget the people moaning about PS+ getting special treatment (that’s what we pay for guys, you want it, you pay for it and be glad it’s voluntary :D)
But making it so not all Plus subs will get it? That’s a little off!
We pay for the promise of Betas, and now you’re gonna make us fight for it like we’re going after the last dress at the sale?

that aint on!

TalllPaul 15 March, 2011 @ 9:16 am   35

Fingers crossed baby :P

obiadekanobi1980 15 March, 2011 @ 10:28 am   36

awsome just hope they give it to ppl who love the games and not just randoms plat the first 1 and it was ace bit worried about this lvl design thing hope theres no trophies for the online stuff as this would spoil it.

its sad that every game today HAS to have some sort of online to give it a longer life the first 1 was perfect and was a nice change not having to “play 100 user levels” or “watch a video with annother player”blah blah blah im sick of theses trophies. cant wait for this though im stoked now bring on the cole generated pain on my evil 1st playthrough mwahh!!!!!!

Pretty depressing seeing it’s pretty much up to draw, even though you’re a PS+ member.

andycass 15 March, 2011 @ 11:17 am   38

So yet again you say up yours to the non ps+ customers. don’t you realise that not only ps+ users buy you’re games. You.ve just saved me £40 I’ll get the game second Hand i’ll show you the same loyalty.

antwerpo 15 March, 2011 @ 1:58 pm   39

I hope this is not a draw because that would make me really angry. PSN + meant you would get access to the beta’s, not a draw to enter the the beta. Let’s hope we don’t have to call shenanigans on PSN+

I only have one question, as a diehard inFamous fan. You have to be playstation + member, but is it worth just buying playstation plus for a shot at the beta? I have no diskspace for any other playstation + downloads, having a fat ps3 with tons of safegames.

Supaida-Banpaia 15 March, 2011 @ 4:01 pm   41

Awesome, but I think as a PLUS member, that it should be for all who subscribe on the 12 month basis… For added value, like what Microsoft do from time to time with the LIVE users (I got the Blur beta on my month trial).

kakkuonhyvaa 15 March, 2011 @ 4:43 pm   42

Can you be from finland to get in the beta test if you have PLUS?

Sp4reNL 15 March, 2011 @ 6:13 pm   43

LOL @ even when you are PS+ member not being certain of a spot in the beta.

I’m gonna follow andycass / #38 to Ebay or something for a used copy.

But first I will wait how this LittleBigCole has been made and what kind of impact it will have on the Singleplayer.

Carnivius_Prime 15 March, 2011 @ 8:16 pm   44

Well I hope I’m lucky enough to get the beta. Been replaying the first game and it’s still the best game of the first half of 2009 (only beaten by Uncharted 2 which came later in the year). It’s just so darn playable and the story’s actually interesting which I find so damn rare these days.

I think i will pass seeing as how i dont want to pay for PS+ and then probably not get into the beta, but more importantly when will the HERO EDITION be avaliable to pre-order in the UK?!?!

They should just allow everyone that has achieved platinum for infamous access to the beta i personally think that is a much better idea than the beta only being avaliable to some PS+ members.

procion 16 March, 2011 @ 3:22 am   47

Ther site is broken. I get stuck on dud click buttons for enter my country with both my mac and my ps3 browser ^^

theommUSAcc 17 March, 2011 @ 11:47 am   48

PS+ members only = FAIL.

theommUSAcc 17 March, 2011 @ 11:50 am   49

And I bet most of the PS+ users dont care much for Infamous… lol -__-

I already posted this on a different page but…

Is the beta competition open to Abu Dhabi residents, if so, how do I sign up??
I already registered on the infamousthegame.com site but it said it was open only to US residents, but on the Sucker Punch Site it said that PAL users had to sign up a different way.
Please fill me in thank you.
:D
And can I know if I can enter without being a Playstation Plus member. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase. Thanks :D

Load all