Posted 3:00pm

LittleBigPlanet 2 – Upcoming Downloadable Goodness, And New Behind The Scenes Documentary

Banner-E2_LBP2_even_more_animals_costume_pack

Happy Friday, Sack-fans! There are more and more awesome LittleBigPlanet 2 levels being uploaded every day, which is great to see (and in fact we’re getting very close to a fantastic milestone…) – so great work to all the creators out there.

This week, though, I wanted to give you all a sneak peak at some of the new content that is planned for LittleBigPlanet 2 over the next few months. As all the loyal players of the original LittleBigPlanet will remember, we always like to ensure that there are plenty of new bits and pieces popping up to inspire fresh creations, to let you show some of your other favourite games and movies a bit of LittleBigPlanet love, or just to keep your Sackboy looking a la mode.

First off, be sure you’ve picked up your free St. Patrick’s Day costume from the Store this week – it’s Sackboy’s yearly chance to become Craic-boy, and you surely wouldn’t want to deprive him of that, would you? There will be plenty more time-limited free costumes throughout the year, so keep your eyes peeled.

Last week, the Even More Animals costume pack was released – to ensure that those of you that weren’t able to pick up the LittleBigPlanet 2 Collector’s Edition have the option of dressing up as a Cobra, Mandrill, Crocodile or Vulture, should you so desire. The individual costumes are €0.99 / £0.79 each, whilst the pack of four is available for €2.99 / £2.39.

Looking ahead to next month, you’ll get the chance to take your Sackboy on a journey into The Grid with the Tron: Evolution minipack. Featuring characters from the game that serves as a prequel to last year’s Tron: Legacy movie, this pack will contain two brand new costumes Anon and Abraxas – plus plenty of sleek and stylish Tron-themed stickers to decorate your levels.

You’ll also be seeing plenty of costumes and kits based around other PlayStation characters this year – look out for the brand new Killzone 3 minipack, coming soon and featuring Rico and a very cool looking Hazmat Trooper.

But what better way to kick things off than with some indisputable PlayStation icons? Next week we’ll be releasing three pairs of costumes based alongside the release of PlayStation Move Heroes on PS3 – Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, and Sly & Bentley (I’ve got my fingers crossed for some particularly awesome examples of Sly-themed platforming from the community…). Each pack of two will be on sale for €2.99 / £2.39.

LBP2: Upcoming downloadable goodness LBP2: Upcoming downloadbale goodness

The sharp-eyed amongst you will also have noticed Media Molecule talking about a future Move expansion pack in interviews, and they are indeed beavering away on this. It is a VERY exciting pack that will be coming later in the year, and we’ll be sharing more details soon.

LBP2: Upcoming downloadable goodness

Finally, and moving away from DLC – as part of the Make.Believe campaign for this year, our colleagues elsewhere within Sony have put together a cool new behind the scenes documentary that tells the story of how two of the lovely folk from Media Molecule came to be working there. Neither John nor Christophe were originally working in the games industry, but after people noticed the creative wizardry they were showing in LittleBigPlanet, something amazing happened…

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

30 Comments 6 Author replies
Show oldest first

ElWaster 18 March, 2011 @ 3:05 pm   1

When is LBP2 getting mouse support?

Alex Pavey 18 March, 2011 @ 5:23 pm

I can’t confirm anything as things stand, but I know Media Molecule are always keeping an eye on community feedback regarding new additions like that – particularly if there’s a lot of enthusiasm for it. So keep asking! :)

Fiks1one 18 March, 2011 @ 3:09 pm   2

Move will be fun for this game

Chocobo115 18 March, 2011 @ 3:11 pm   3

See, it was worth switching to standard edition when they pulled the dolls from the Collector’s Edition, everything gets out anyways…

trevortm 18 March, 2011 @ 3:21 pm   4

firstly: i really like the video! its great to see things like that :D im glad it worked out for you john and christophe.

secondly, i’m wanting to improve my level? can someone give me tips? http://lbp.me/v/w4c1sb

Foolishbean69 18 March, 2011 @ 3:26 pm   5

I just ordered LBP2 – £25 – boom couldn’t say no.

ConvStation 18 March, 2011 @ 3:27 pm   6

how many stickers will there be in the tron pack?

also check out my vs level.

SpaceWalls

Alex Pavey 18 March, 2011 @ 5:27 pm

Hi ConvStation – I don’t have the exact numbers to hand right now, but I’ll certainly let everyone know closer to release. And I’ll queue up your level as soon as I get a chance :)

tm2010swe 18 March, 2011 @ 3:31 pm   7

Wrong thread perhaps, I know, but still:

Due to the sad events in Japan, I’d like you to please consider removing the “radiation sign” on the ad for Back to the Future. I’m sure some Japanese are visiting these pages, and some of your readers have family or friends visiting or living i Japan…

Alex Pavey 18 March, 2011 @ 5:25 pm

Not my area but I will definitely drawn people’s attention to this, thank you.

Awesome Especially looking forward to that killzone 3 pack hopefully more level’s like mgs and potc and trophies!

MK24ever 18 March, 2011 @ 3:59 pm   9

I loved the video, congrats to the editor and everyone else associated with it.

Alex Pavey 18 March, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

Thank you, really glad you liked it, I’ll certainly pass your feedback on to everyone involved :)

I ‘NEED’ the ‘Ratchet & Clank’ costumes :P

Psyschock 18 March, 2011 @ 5:12 pm   11

Is THIS the BIG DLC announcement that we should already know since LAST week? MM said the first BIG DLC will be Move support, so why is the BIG DLC announcement just more costumes?

Carnivius_Prime 18 March, 2011 @ 5:23 pm   12

Yay! Was hoping the R&C and J&D costumes would be come available soon and nice to see Sly Cooper as well.

XxKillerxX869 18 March, 2011 @ 5:37 pm   13

hi alex

i made a Sly level in LBP1 but i used 3D materials that do not work in LBP2 ,will the level look ugly in LBP2? (buying LBP2 today from amazon)

well its a shame,put lots of effort in it :( btw,will these costumes work in LBP1?

So this makes the Collector’s Edition a lot less special. Thanks a lot.
Does the Tron pack re-uses the costume in the Collector’s Edition?
I hope not because I don´t want to buy it a second time.

JohnandAiden 18 March, 2011 @ 6:19 pm   15

can you tell me if the gonzo costume for little big planet is coming to the store if so when? thanks.

cr4sy1v4n 18 March, 2011 @ 6:36 pm   16

When is the final fantasy dlc pack coming in? I am a bit obsesed, and as soon as i can get the costumes like sephiroth, cloud, tidus, jecht, tifa, yuna, (i personally just want 7-12 if so, im buying each one :P) please, i really want them…

Skookie30 18 March, 2011 @ 8:29 pm   17

“When is the final fantasy dlc pack coming in? I am a bit obsesed, and as soon as i can get the costumes like sephiroth, cloud, tidus, jecht, tifa, yuna, (i personally just want 7-12 if so, im buying each one ) please, i really want them…”

don’t hold your breath we were promise FF7 ones there was pictures of em on the blog for LBP-1 so other little white lie.

Articunno 18 March, 2011 @ 8:48 pm   18

Ummmmmm you said on the collectors edition box that Jak and Daxter were EXCLUSIVE to pre ordering the collectors edition of the game

ILuvBlueMorThanU 18 March, 2011 @ 9:16 pm   19

Is the move pack going to be free, or do you have to pay for it?

Assassin4571 18 March, 2011 @ 9:27 pm   20

Very excited for the Killzone pack. Also, I have a few suggestions for more LBP2 features that I think you’d like. Is there any place I could post these?

barnaclejoe 18 March, 2011 @ 10:14 pm   21

I’m REALLY excited about this:

“a future Move expansion pack… It is a VERY exciting pack that will be coming later in the year, and we’ll be sharing more details soon.”

DO. WANT.

barnaclejoe 18 March, 2011 @ 10:55 pm   22

May I also just clarify that I will be crushed if it does not include a Move fabric for use in the CREATE mode.

I think it’s fairly obvious that they should also allow multiple Move fabrics, that turn the colour of the ball on different Move controllers… so that you could have 2 or 3 move-controlled players. That way, for example, two players could use the Move to control something like pong-paddles in a versus thing, or have one Move player trying to kill the sackboy, and one trying to protect him.

Alternately, you should also have a single fabric that can be controlled by any Move controller. Should be easy enough to include something like this in the Tweaks menu for the fabric.

SpiderMike_X 19 March, 2011 @ 12:23 am   23

Jak & Daxter ftw. Bring that @!”$ on!!

aIMIaZn 19 March, 2011 @ 1:30 am   24

this game is Sick.

Klunk234 19 March, 2011 @ 1:34 pm   25

ZOMG GORILLAZ 2-D FIGURE ON CHRISTOPHE’S SHELF! Also, can’t wait for the new DLC. =P

mh637099 19 March, 2011 @ 2:12 pm   26

Yes! LittleBigPlanet!!!

lbp2 pwns

That was a really heart-warming story! It’s actually given me the motivation to finish the level I was making in the first LittleBigPlanet!

AdustLink_Valo 21 March, 2011 @ 6:55 am   29

that’s really unfar, every one who has de lbp2 collectors edition, bougth it because we want be special, have costumes that not everybody have, now all those costumes will be on sale, that is really really unfar!!

IainNotAndrew 21 March, 2011 @ 10:39 am   30

This video is really inspirational! I can’t believe John kayaks to work that is so cool! :P